PDA

View Full Version : need help w/ LaRue Aimpoint mount

Holty
08-20-08, 08:03
I ordered a Aimpoint CompM3 from Impactguns.com but they don't sell the mounts to go with them (and they are out of stock on CompM3's for 3-6 weeks :( )I found the LaRue mounts at Bravo Company USA (who are also out of Aimpoint's) but i'm not sure which one to go with. I plan on running a Troy BUIS in the rear, but leaving the factory front sight in place on my Colt LE6920 AR-15. I'm not sure which mount to go with so that my factory Colt front sight will not cause any problems with my Aimpoint. Can anyone help me out here?

M4arc
08-20-08, 08:18
You want THIS ONE (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/LaRue-Tactical-CompM-Standard-Mount-QD-LT150-p/larue%20lt%20150.htm)

It will give you the ability to co-witness your BUIS in the lower 1/3 of your Aimpoint.

Edited to add: Oh and if you keep both eyes open you won't even notice the front sight ;)

MisterWilson
08-20-08, 08:20
No problem, just answer this:

Do you EVER plan on getting a magnifier?

If you do, you'll need the LT-129 cantilever model.

If not, you'll need the LT-150 straight one.

Some folks run the cantilever just for shits & giggles but I like having more of the weight to the rear.

Both models place the Aimpoint so that you have a "lower 1/3rd" co-witness which is much better than an absolute co-witness IMHO.

Holty
08-20-08, 08:28
thanks guys, that answers my question perfectly. i appreciate it!

LettersFromEarth
08-20-08, 09:29
I ordered a Aimpoint CompM3 from Impactguns.com but they don't sell the mounts to go with them (and they are out of stock on CompM3's for 3-6 weeks :( )I found the LaRue mounts at Bravo Company USA (who are also out of Aimpoint's) but i'm not sure which one to go with. I plan on running a Troy BUIS in the rear, but leaving the factory front sight in place on my Colt LE6920 AR-15. I'm not sure which mount to go with so that my factory Colt front sight will not cause any problems with my Aimpoint. Can anyone help me out here?

I have a few LaRue products to include their AimPoint mount. I wish I would have went w/his "standard" mount insted as I never did get the magnifier like I thought I would. Also, LaRue sells AimPoint/mount combo packages--give him a call if your still kooking for some glass. Or get w/Grant over at G&R he is pretty good to deal with. Cheers.

Holty
08-20-08, 13:10
I called G&R Tactical and placed my order for a Aimpoint M3 with LaRue Cantilever Mount, 2 Magpul PMAG 30 Round Magazines, and a Troy Rear Folding Battle Sight. I'm excited! I just cancelled my order with Impact Guns since G&R had everything in stock.

Bushman_269
08-20-08, 14:31
You could have also gotten all that stuff from Larue directly and saved some money on the combo optic/mount deal. In addition to the the swag they throw in the box when they ship.

C4IGrant
08-20-08, 15:32
You could have also gotten all that stuff from Larue directly and saved some money on the combo optic/mount deal. In addition to the the swag they throw in the box when they ship.

Actually no, he wouldn't have saved any money as our package deals are the same prices as LT. ;)

C4

Bushman_269
08-20-08, 15:48
Actually no, he wouldn't have saved any money as our package deals are the same prices as LT. ;)
C4

Good to know - thanks for clearing up my misconception. :)