PDA

View Full Version : Is the Trijicon SRS still relevant?

MWT
03-16-16, 18:37
So I was browsing optics for my new go-to rifle, and aside from the popular T2 and MRO, one that caught my eye was the Trijicon SRS. I remember the hype when it was announced, shorter than an Aimpoint M4 with a larger FOV. Sounds great! Unlimited daytime runtime? Awesome!
Then it came out, and there were issues with the electronics reflecting in sunlight. But I remember people liked them...if they worked properly. I heard Trijicon fixed that and made a "Gen2" which no longer suffered this issue, yet I do not see anyone running a SRS. Is it that bad of an optic?
Did Trijicon fix the reflection issue?
Why did it not gain popularity? (apart from price)

TL;DR: With the Trijicon MRO and Aimpoint T2, is the Trijicon SRS relevant or does it suck?

pointblank4445
03-16-16, 18:55
...was it ever relevant?

Trijicon's ACOG is their flagship...and the optic to beat in that respective category. Trijicon has struggled when going head to head and trying to take a share of Aimpoint's market. Why did it not gain in popularity? My guess would be that it's pretty silly to pass up a CompM4 or Micro over something less reliable and more expensive. Yes, some people probably LOVE them; then I remember all the people that love: Eotech's, Serpa holsters, Hi Points, etc...

Coal Dragger
03-16-16, 19:27
The MRO looks like a great optic that can go head to head with the Aimpoint offerings. The SRS, well it's pricey, and big, and expensive. I played with one once and liked the sight picture and super clean dot. That was about all it had going for it.

I'd be surprised if it stays in production now that the MRO is evidently flying off dealer shelves.

cop1211
03-16-16, 20:20
I had 4 that worked great, sold to get variable 1-4's I wouldn't pay retail but if you can get a newer model lightly used go for it. The fov, and dot are great.
The optic got a bad rep, and the errornet continues on.

Primus Pilum
03-16-16, 21:15
The cost/weight penalty is just not worth it with the SRS. The MRO is a better optic all around IMO at half the price.

For a GP rifle a 3x acog is a much more versatile optic than a RDS IMO. Anything longer than 11.5" gets a magnified optic in my world. Hell a 11.5" + TA33 is a match made in heaven when you think about it.