PDA

View Full Version : Defoor Glock Sights

Cincinnatus15
03-16-16, 21:11
Has anyone put these through the paces? How've they performed for you? Saw a review earlier and they look interesting.. And affordable..

Ready.Fire.Aim
03-16-16, 21:47
Deleted.

SeriousStudent
03-16-16, 22:28
I have a set on a G19 frame set up with a Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit. I like them a lot, it's a teaching gun that I have used with a wide variety of shooters.

I put up a B-8 target repair center on an IPSC backer, and have them shoot for the X ring. For my purpose, they work very well.

operator81
03-16-16, 22:55
Not a Glock, but I have a set on a P226. Very easy to pick up/track, etc, despite being all black. I like them so far.

Cincinnatus15
03-16-16, 23:13
Not a Glock, but I have a set on a P226. Very easy to pick up/track, etc, despite being all black. I like them so far.

Very cool, thanks for sharing. Do you or anyone else knows of a good flashlight to EDC with them? Or would running a mounted light/holster to match make more sense?

Cincinnatus15
03-16-16, 23:14
Awesome man thanks for sharing.

quackhead
03-16-16, 23:49
What light do you normally carry? Use and train with that. Weapon mounted lights can be a bit clunky when trying to conceal on a daily basis- not to say it can't be done

Cincinnatus15
03-17-16, 10:48
To be honest I don't carry a light the majority of the time, if I do its the TLR 1 HL that I put on my 19 at night before bed. I need to get a dedicated carry light. I'm just wondering how I can maintain my draw and reach for my light at the same time/same speed as drawing without a light.

bullittmcqueen
03-17-16, 10:52
Very good sights and good to go. I liked mine. Ended up moving to front fiber-optics from the all-black

Beebo
03-17-16, 11:09
Another with good experience with these. Put them on 3 different glocks, one of which was a USPSA production gun. Also have a set on a W.German P226. I grew up shooting with all black sights, so that aspect doesn't bother me. I like the dimensions a lot, too. Excellent steel sight option for the price.

ack495
03-17-16, 11:13
Very good sights and good to go. I liked mine. Ended up moving to front fiber-optics from the all-black
That's good to hear as I just bought a set these sights for my new, soon to be in my possession, glock 19. I have nights sights on every other handgun I own. I was a little apprehensive because I've never used all black sights before but I thought I would give these a try because I plan on carrying this gun with my streamlight tlr-1 attached. They seem be to well received.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

quackhead
03-17-16, 11:25
To be honest I don't carry a light the majority of the time, if I do its the TLR 1 HL that I put on my 19 at night before bed. I need to get a dedicated carry light. I'm just wondering how I can maintain my draw and reach for my light at the same time/same speed as drawing without a light.

For an HD gun, keep the light on it. For every day carry, I run a light in my rear support side pocket. I don't need to speed draw my light at the same time I do my pistol. If a threat makes me draw my pistol, I should be able to see it fairly well without the light. If I'm going into a dark environment and need the pistol, I have time to get the light out as well . I like having the light separate as I use it a lot more then the pistol for random mundane tasks- most would be inappropriate for weapon mounted lights

samuse
03-17-16, 14:16
DeFoors are great. Even at night, if you have a light.

DirectTo
03-17-16, 15:57
DeFoors are great. Even at night, if you have a light.
Ameriglo makes a set with tritium in the front sight...unfortunately they're out of stock on the common Glocks and apparently no one else in the world stocks them.

I'm itching for a set for my 35...

Cincinnatus15
03-17-16, 16:39
Ameriglo makes a set with tritium in the front sight...unfortunately they're out of stock on the common Glocks and apparently no one else in the world stocks them.

I'm itching for a set for my 35...

I saw those. I thought about it but I'm itching to see that all black sight picture. I carry XS big dots now and while shots are fast and decently accurate out to 25 yards, at 50 they're all over the place. I know with practice it would improve but I don't think I'm doing myself any favors with them right now. 25 yard head shots is the goal and while I wont be able to do it immediately even with the Defoor's I know I'll get there eventually. For a designated HD pistol I don't think you can beat big dots but if I had to take a shot further than 40 yards in public (active shooter scenario) I wouldn't feel comfortable, especially if I had to take a head shot past 10-15 yards with the big dots. Gonna pick up a set of the Defoor's. And buy a designated carry light.

26 Inf
03-17-16, 17:19
I have the Defoor's with the tritium front post from Ameriglo - I like them, a lot. If you haven't already pulled the trigger get them - the tritium vial is low on the front sight, gives a good clean picture during the day.

http://kyledefoor.tumblr.com/post/117799102443/i-do-an-unbelievable-amount-of-low-light-and-night

03-17-16, 17:29
I like my KD sights.

Anyone that has a chance to train with KD should make it happen. One of the best.