PDA

View Full Version : FN 15 tactical mid-length

peashooter76
03-17-16, 21:56
Anyone have hands on experience with it? I can't find one local, and haven't been able to get info on the bcg and whether or not the castle nut is staked. I'd appreciate any help.

3 AE
03-18-16, 00:37
How much do they cost?

wetidlerjr
03-18-16, 02:38
Anyone have hands on experience with it? I can't find one local, and haven't been able to get info on the bcg and whether or not the castle nut is staked. I'd appreciate any help.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?143446-Is-FN-preparing-to-release-their-own-AR

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?178573-FN-Tactical-Carbine

Press Check
03-18-16, 11:10
Can't believe they equipped it with that crappy MI rail.

Gunnar da Wolf
03-18-16, 18:15
I've been shooting mine since January. So far it's up to about 300 rounds without problems. At fifty yards it's capable of one hole groups with good ammo. No malfunctions with mil spec or P Mags. The trigger isn't anything special but it's better than most commercial spec triggers and if it is like the two ACT triggers I've used previously it will wear in.

I wasn't thrilled with the three prong FH until I fired it at late dusk and there was no flash that I could see. No plans to change it.

When Old Man Winter and his mud monster pet give up custody of the range I plan to really wring it out. So far I like it better than my previous factory rifles.

peashooter76
03-18-16, 18:17
Can you tell me if the castle nut is staked?

Gunnar da Wolf
03-18-16, 18:28
There are two deep dimples in the receiver plate that swell it against the castle nut notches. Not the most enthusiastic staking I've seen. I'll see if it holds and give it a couple whacks if needed but it seems sufficient for my needs.

Leonidas24
03-18-16, 21:16
The shop I work at has sold a few dozen over the past year or so, and I've seen them put through multiple classes with no major failures. From what I've seen the staking is adequate and is on par with what I can do with a center punch and a hammer. A lot of my customers also run them suppressed, and they don't seem over gassed.

Boba Fett v2
03-18-16, 21:51
A buddy of mine purchased one during the holidays and it turned out to be a good quality rifle.