PDA

View Full Version : Glock 37 Review & 45 GAP Ballistics Test

Mrgunsngear
03-19-16, 11:21
http://i.imgur.com/2Cziu2sl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/H1YhPOMl.jpg

Quick and dirty of the G37 is that it's roughly the size of a Glock 17/22 but fires the 45 Glock Automatic Pistol (GAP) round. The round was designed to give similar terminal ballistics to the 45ACP but in a smaller frame and, clearly, never really caught on.

That doesn't make the pistol per se a bad gun though as it's still a Glock. I actually picked mine up for $249 shipped a couple years ago from GT Distributors and it's been every bit as reliable as any other Glock out there.

Full review and a ballistics test of the 200gr Speer Gold Dot round:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gziky-BGpnE

Tackleberry40sw
03-19-16, 13:47
I carry a Gen 4 G37 off duty. I'm issued a G22 Gen 4. Mine has been flawless. I have medium hands. The G21 is too large for me. As far as Glocks go, it's one of my favorites.

Captiva
03-19-16, 13:59
I picked up a Springfield Armory XD Tactical in 45 GAP from the SA Vault at the Camp Perry National Matches a few years back. I mean everything was worked over on this hunk of Croatian plastic and metal. It had $450 work of Springfield Custom Shop work done to it. It was $400. Strange, strange failure of a calibre.

Mrgunsngear
03-19-16, 14:39
I picked up a Springfield Armory XD Tactical in 45 GAP from the SA Vault at the Camp Perry National Matches a few years back. I mean everything was worked over on this hunk of Croatian plastic and metal. It had $450 work of Springfield Custom Shop work done to it. It was $400. Strange, strange failure of a calibre.

Nice. Those are interesting guns for sure along with the double stack 45 GAP 1911s out there.

Firefly
03-19-16, 18:11
Nothing against op or the hard work he put into making his video but...

Whomever came up with the .45 GAP seriously needs their ass whipped. It's such a pointless cartridge.

ETA just get a 9mm if you can't/don't like to use .45 or .40

Something common

titsonritz
03-19-16, 18:59

Whomever came up with the .45 GAP seriously needs their ass whipped. It's such a pointless cartridge.

Something common

I agree, some cartridges should just die.

Mrgunsngear
03-20-16, 15:40

Something common

I just present the guns as I see them. I don't see the point myself; especially with my gigantic hands.

GNXII
03-20-16, 15:58
Aren't there still some countries that don't allow civilian gun owners to use/own "Mil." or "LE" calibers (.38 /.357, 9MM,.40,45ACP)? One would think this set up would sell like hotcakes there but not so much in the US. Domestically, NYSP and a few other LE agencies utilize the gun/cartridge at last count. I think more LE agencies use the .357 SIG than the .45GAP...!

Big A
03-20-16, 18:44
Aren't there still some countries that don't allow civilian gun owners to use/own "Mil." or "LE" calibers (.38 /.357, 9MM,.40,45ACP)? One would think this set up would sell like hotcakes there but not so much in the US. Domestically, NYSP and a few other LE agencies utilize the gun/cartridge at last count. I think more LE agencies use the .357 SIG than the .45GAP...!
Italy and Brazil come to mind, specifically 9x19mm.

Sox
03-21-16, 17:19

Something common

The only dumb idea, is other companies not jumping on board out of fear. They could have a single frame for all three calipers. Imagine a Sig P225 or P239 in .45 GAP, or an HK P2000 .45 GAP. Then it starts to make sense.

Just like the older S&W .356 TSW makes more sense than the .357 Sig wth it's ability to allow more rounds stuffed in the mag.

I think it would have been waaaay more popular if they had used a standard 17 width slide as they originally designed.