PDA

View Full Version : who makes this Bolt?

under9
08-20-08, 20:54
It has MP stamped one one side with the lettters AB stamped on the other side?

Avenger29
08-20-08, 21:06
Coming from my (limited) knowledge, MP probably means Magnetic Particle tested.

I have no clue what AB means, however, nor who puts those markings on their bolts.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance. Someone on this forum should know, though.

Boltgun
08-21-08, 21:20
I agree with MP being Magnetic Particle testing code. AB may be a mfg batch code possibly - though you will usually find a numerical code vs alphanumeric. . You may have better luck taking and posting a pic of it.

Boltgun

C4IGrant
08-22-08, 08:59

LMT

C4

under9
08-22-08, 10:42
I bought a LMT 16in upper from bravo company and bought the FA LMT BGC from GR tactical. When I went to put the bolt in the gun it would not just side in. I had to CLP and push it in all the way. After the lube it sides in fine now. I was wonder if it was just real tight or is there something that I need to be worried about?
Thanks
Josh

Kurt Reifert
08-22-08, 11:42

Some LMT bolts are marked that way.
You will also see other letters along with the MP on LMT bolts.
LMT bolts are not all marked the same way, but they will all have the MP mark.

C4IGrant
08-22-08, 11:59
I bought a LMT 16in upper from bravo company and bought the FA LMT BGC from GR tactical. When I went to put the bolt in the gun it would not just side in. I had to CLP and push it in all the way. After the lube it sides in fine now. I was wonder if it was just real tight or is there something that I need to be worried about?
Thanks
Josh

As long as it cycles, I would not worry about anything.

Also, you bought an LMT BCG from us then you got an LMT BCG. We do not play the "shell game" with customers.

C4

under9
08-22-08, 12:04
I was just wondering if the barrel was out of spec. It is cycleing fine after the CLP.

C4IGrant
08-22-08, 12:07
I was just wondering if the barrel was out of spec. It is cycleing fine after the CLP.

No it is not and wouldn't worry about it.

C4

under9
08-22-08, 12:27
I was just cycleing some bullets through and I got a jam and a double feed. Im goin to try to post some pics. There are some brass marks on the M4 feedramps. I dont have clue what going on. I was using cproducts and pmag when this happened. What number do I need to call to get in touch with you grant?

The Dumb Gun Collector
08-22-08, 12:31
I gather the Jamaicans make the best Bolt. HAHA. Okay, my powers of humor are fading with age.:confused:

under9
08-22-08, 12:40
When I charge a bullet in the chamber, I have to pull the charging while hitting the butt of the rifle on the ground. It will not cycle through to the next bullet. I have a LMT FA bcg, LMT H buffer, and a LMT charging handle. Does it need to be broken in? I didnt buy the complete rifle I bought it seperate to save some money and now this is happening. I just want to get this issue solved.

edit for more info- The bullets have sratches on the nose of the bullet.

spamsammich
08-22-08, 12:54
edit for more info- The bullets have sratches on the nose of the bullet.

That's normal if you extract unfired rounds, they drag across the lugs on the barrel extension. The copper marks on the feed ramps is normal. Have you shot the gun yet? Cycling by hand is no substitute for live fire.

spamsammich
08-22-08, 12:58
...What number do I need to call to get in touch with you grant?

Are you serious? It's in every message he leaves on the board.

under9
08-22-08, 13:01
I saw it right after i posted. Now after cycleing through a couple times it is starting to work right. I used an old mag I had and works fine. I think that it is real tight.

spamsammich
08-22-08, 13:05
Ok, maybe take the mags that don't work so well and hit them with a little dry lube? I still say shoot the shit out of it.

under9
08-22-08, 13:11
I am I was wondering if I had a problem. I love the gun. Sorry I am a noob and was worried
Thanks
Josh