PDA

View Full Version : What lowers are compatible?

wild_wild_wes
08-20-08, 21:53
I want to do a .308 AR build; which lowers are compatible? There are two main variants, right: Armalite and DPMS; which other manufactures' lowers are compatible with the two? I am in California and must buy a lower not made by those two, because they are Listed.

Of the Armalite and DPMS variants, which have more options as far as available barrels and other major parts? Is one variant "better" than the other?

chadbag
08-20-08, 23:59
calguns.net might be a good place to peruse this. They know the OLL 308 receiver options. I believe the Fulton Armory is off list and is a DPMS compatible receiver but I have no personal experience with it and am not in California.

W.E.G.
08-21-08, 23:26
Noveske---> Armalite Compatible
Fulton---> DPMS Compatible
ASA---> I believe its Armalite since it takes M14 Mags
Hesse---> Armalite
POF----> DPMS
CenterMass---> Both (Need to specify which platform you need)
KW Mfg---> DPMS
JP---> DPMS (They do not sell the lower unit, need to buy complete)

Armalite upper with a DPMS lower can be modified to work but it sure looks ugly!!!

from a prior thread

Jeffy
08-22-08, 00:22
First, if you haven't found one, start looking for a FFL who deals with OLL's. Not everyone will. 90% won't.

CMMG has a two new 308 lowers. One accepts G3 mags while the other DPMS. Both seem to only accept DPMS uppers.

You might also want to check this thread:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=115610

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=114041

www.Calguns.net is a good source on what's available/legal here.

IIRC, Fulton won't ship to CA.

JWNathan
09-14-08, 18:51
+1 for Calguns, great place. That site is what got me into the AR platform. U ever make it out to Spenceville range?
-Jesse

wild_wild_wes
09-17-08, 22:35
I haven't been to Spenceville range in years. Is it still open? BLM was always threaning to close it due to shooters leaving the area trashed. Do you go there?

JWNathan
09-17-08, 23:25
Ya, I go there about once a month. It did get closed down for awhile when the trash got outta hand and a cow the next field over wound up dead. Fun place, I've always said its the wild west out there! No pun intendid.
-Jesse

wild_wild_wes
09-20-08, 01:20
I was out at the 100 yard berm checking my target when a couple of dudes at the pistol berm opened up...wild west, indeed!