PDA

View Full Version : "Blue Jeans" Am I the only one who thinks they are horribly made these days?

DragonDoc
03-21-16, 16:13
I've been wearing blue jeans for well over 40 years and have watched the decline of quality and cut of them for the past 20+ years IMHO.

Most manufacturers don't even remember how to make a watch pocket, the front pockets are so shallow you can't stick in a BUG without the top of the grip showing, and some of the back pockets are so big you could pack a lunch and your swimming trunks.

And don't get me started on sizes. I'm a 38" waist and 34" inseam but I'm invisible to these people...it's a 34 or 36 waist and 30 or 32 inseam.

Does someone make a decent pair of jeans or are we just totally unAmerican?

Moose-Knuckle
03-21-16, 16:33
I've been exclusively wearing Duluth Trading clothing for several years now and don't for see that ever changing . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neqih4ImTpU#t=36

AND they have your size (38 - 34)
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/product/mens-ballroom-5-pocket-jeans-86069.aspx?processor=content

Alex V
03-21-16, 16:37
Hard for me to relate since I wear 30/32 but I have noticed that the Express jeans have gotten more expensive and have less room in the groin. Then again maybe I got poorer and my package has gotten bigger?

I think overall as clothing went from being made in US to Shrilanka or Bangladesh the quality has decreased across the board, not just with jeans.

MountainRaven
03-21-16, 17:05
I have a pair of Kuhl's that I think are OK and a pair of TADs that I think are nicer.

The TADs are made in the US with American-made denim. The bottom of the trouser is wide enough to fit over either lace-up boots or cowboy boots. They are a bit tight in the thigh, for me, however (I usually wear 34x36s, which they seem to be always out of, so I got 36x36s. Which leaves me space for a pistol IWB, but they're still tight in the thighs). Front pockets seem to be plenty deep enough. Not sure about the watch pockets (of which there are two). There are a pair of cell phone pockets, but despite the trousers being designed for someone who carries a gun (hence the lack of rear belt loops), the pocket with a cell phone in it either doesn't get along with my holster or it doesn't get along with my magazine pouch (although I suppose it might not be so bad with a pistol AIWB or a single magazine pouch, rather than a double). And they are "scrubbed": No branding or tags and none of TAD's usual give-a-ways like D-rings on the front belt loops.

Overall, I think I like my TAD trousers in their "Doomsday" canvas better than my jeans from them, although they're more akin to Carhartt's work trousers than to jeans.

_Stormin_
03-21-16, 17:23
I spent too many years playing defensive end and ice hockey to worry too much about fashionable jeans. Current styles of jeans seem to make for the "skip leg day" crowd. Though I can agree that the quality of everything I've managed to find has gone to absolute crap vs what they were even just ten years ago.

Moose-Knuckle
03-21-16, 17:27
I spent too many years playing defensive end and ice hockey to worry too much about fashionable jeans. Current styles of jeans seem to make for the "skip leg day" crowd. Though I can agree that the quality of everything I've managed to find has gone to absolute crap vs what they were even just ten years ago.

This is why I wear Duluth.

They make clothing for MEN.

No hipster douche metrosexual skinny jeans that your local Charbucks barista pour themselves into after castration.

Outlander Systems
03-21-16, 17:33
My gripe, and maybe I'm wrong, but I SWEAR jeans have been being made out of thinner and thinner denim as time goes on.

Moose-Knuckle
03-21-16, 17:50
My gripe, and maybe I'm wrong, but I SWEAR jeans have been being made out of thinner and thinner denim as time goes on.

No doubt, charge you more for less. Profits all around.

samuse
03-21-16, 17:57

They are. I used to wear Levis 501s to work in, but about ten years ago I bought my last pair. A brand new pair stepped up onto a Cat dozer about 5 or 6 times before the crotch ripped out.

I have 9 or 10 pair of Wrangler FR jeans left over from my pipeline days and they're Hell for tough, but expensive at $55-$60 a pair. That's what I've been wearing for work the past couple years.

For going out, I just grit my teeth and buy the frilly, fake wore-out, stitches all over the pockets trash that's in style these days. My wife is smokin' hot so I just try not to look so out of place next to her.:p

AKDoug
03-21-16, 17:59
I went from Duluth to Made in USA Diamond Gusset jeans two years ago for every day wear. I cannot say enough good about them. I get exceptionally long life out of them, big pockets, a watch/change pocket and a reinforced crotch area. I went through a bad batch of Duluth pants that I killed the crotches in five pairs, so I switched to Diamond to see if they were any good. To be fair, Duluth replaced all the pants with no questions asked.

SilverBullet432
03-21-16, 18:03
Wrangler 20X ...

Kain
03-21-16, 18:07
Have been wearing Wrangler jeans as of the last few years. Pros, they are cheap(like $15 a pair), last a few years before I wear them out, usually burn the crotch out, and their relaxed fit jeans have enough room to fit my treetruck like thighs and enough room in the crotch that I ain't singing soprano if I lean the wrong way, which is one of my gripes with Levis, which seem to have gotten progressively tighter and tighter in the crotch crowding Willy and the boys to the point I couldn't do much more than stand and sit in them. Wranglers also seem to come in pretty wide selection of sizes, their 33 inch waist give me plenty of room for an IWB glock and they aren't falling down my ass if I don't have it in the waistband. Down side, not USA made and I usually only get them at Target.

rjacobs
03-21-16, 18:22
My issue is whats available locally for an ok price. I would gladly pay more money for some of these better quality Made in the USA jeans, but I dont buy clothing online and when you have 1 store or your stores are only in one state, its hard for me to buy. I also dont want to be shipping stuff back and forth either to try to get the correct size. Either I am paying for the shipping or the manufacturer is and if I have to go through the shipping hassle 2-3 times its just not worth it. Also no brand has the same sizing as another, and even most brands between styles seem to be different. I have pants in 3 or 4 different sizes from different manufacturers and they all fit relatively the same. I always grab a 32 and a 34 waist and a 30 and 32 inseam and try them on then mix and match to get what I need.

THCDDM4
03-21-16, 18:32
This is why I wear Duluth.

They make clothing for MEN.

No hipster douche metrosexual skinny jeans that your local Charbucks barista pour themselves into after castration.

Same here. Duluth makes the best clothing for men. They actually have room in the crotch for a penis and testicles- something most jeans manufacturers cannot seem to figure out.

Outlander Systems
03-21-16, 18:35
Roger that. Glad I'm not hallucinating.

No doubt, charge you more for less. Profits all around.

No joke! I was a dedicated Levi's guy, but I'm pretty sure the new breed of 'em are wafer thin. I thought I was set trippin.

They are. I used to wear Levis 501s to work in, but about ten years ago I bought my last pair. A brand new pair stepped up onto a Cat dozer about 5 or 6 times before the crotch ripped out.

I have 9 or 10 pair of Wrangler FR jeans left over from my pipeline days and they're Hell for tough, but expensive at $55-$60 a pair. That's what I've been wearing for work the past couple years.

For going out, I just grit my teeth and buy the frilly, fake wore-out, stitches all over the pockets trash that's in style these days. My wife is smokin' hot so I just try not to look so out of place next to her.:p

rushca01
03-21-16, 18:39
I wear either Levi's 501/514 as daily wear jeans. At $39 a pop they are throw aways when they get worn are still fashionable for nightly activities. Levis also has a us made line but they are $200 plus....I would like to find some raw denim jeans to try out to get that natural worn in look...but it can take months of not washing them which is kind of gross.

ETA
I like the Levi's as they are timeless in style or always in style if you will.

SilverBullet432
03-21-16, 18:49
Ariat FR. Cinch jeans.

Firefly
03-21-16, 18:55
I still wear jeans from high school.
That was a looong time ago.

These days I just wear DXed faded cargo pants unless I'm going somewhere I need to dress "respectable"

I don't like the new stuff. Most jeans now are ladypants.

Kinda bad when some kid says "hey dude, where'd you get those cool vintage jeans?"

And you honestly say "The 90s."

VooDoo6Actual
03-21-16, 19:00
Carhartt & Duluth

titsonritz
03-21-16, 19:21
Prison Blues (http://www.prisonblues.net/)

Turnkey11
03-21-16, 19:42
Wrangler, I refuse to pay more than $30 for any clothing that isnt a boot or coat.

Ready.Fire.Aim
03-21-16, 20:17
I went from Duluth to Made in USA Diamond Gusset jeans two years ago for every day wear. I cannot say enough good about them. I get exceptionally long life out of them, big pockets, a watch/change pocket and a reinforced crotch area. I went through a bad batch of Duluth pants that I killed the crotches in five pairs, so I switched to Diamond to see if they were any good. To be fair, Duluth replaced all the pants with no questions asked.

Diamond back are great jeans. I have four pair, only jeans I own.

Very comfortable, especially in the diamond- gusset.

Made in USA.

OH58D
03-21-16, 20:29
Jeans are work pants for me, not a fashion statement. I wear a 34-34 and I'm buying anything that is on sale; Wrangler, Levis, etc. I guess I'm not a connoisseur of high end blue jeans that cost $50 to $100 or more, and I don't buy anything with tears in the knees. I do hear that True Religion Jeans are a hot ticket, that is if you like to show off how tight you can squeeze your ass into a pair. If you saw me first thing this morning, I was wearing a Carhartt jacket and Wrangler Boot cut jeans,

SeriousStudent
03-21-16, 20:57
Carhartt and Duluth.

OH58D
03-21-16, 21:04
I get Duluth catalogs, but are their fire hose jeans really worth the extra price? I tear the hell out of clothing, with snags on barbed wire, and just wear the seat out being in and out of the saddle. Maybe Duluth fire hose jeans would be nice for my Friday Night Go To Town outfit?

Vandal
03-21-16, 21:56
I don't wear jeans for work, just daily wear with a handgun, knife, pen, wallet and keys. I've been having good success with Lucky 181 relaxed fit jeans. They ride over running shoes, 8" combat boots etc and last a long time.

I can't stand the True Religion style jeans, skinny jeans, etc. I have to be able to move, run and fight in my jeans.

T2C
03-21-16, 22:04
Blue jean sizes are hit or miss. Sometimes a 34 inch waist is tight and a 32 inch waist is loose. It depends on the country of origin.

Durability? Forget it? I've wrecked a brand new pair of Levis in a two day carbine course.

A few guys I know don't wear blue jeans anymore, they wear Dickies work pants for day to day work wear.

I may give Duluth Trading Company a shot.

SteyrAUG
03-21-16, 22:10
Pretty much been BDU's and 511s for awhile now. They have room for my stuff.

OH58D
03-21-16, 22:13
I can't stand the True Religion style jeans, skinny jeans, etc. I have to be able to move, run and fight in my jeans.
My fighting days ended when I retired from the Army. The only killing I'm doing now days is to my lower back while in the saddle. Got to have something that doesn't wear out too fast, but doesn't cost a fortune. Jeans are a disposable item in ranch work.

Vandal
03-21-16, 22:21
I live in the Spokane metro area. For me they are fashion but I live in the 3rd most dangerous and violent city in WA. Gotta keep that head on a swivel. My Lucky jeans have been great for me.

For training or when I was in plain clothes in a former job it was Vertx and 5.11s. I have yet to break them.

nml
03-21-16, 23:22
Levi Strauss and Dockers support evil Brady Center shit. Like everyone else, I have some but when they wear out (almost there) I'll pay extra to not have any of their products.

Endur
03-21-16, 23:58
Bluer Denim! Made in U.S.A. and are great quality. Get the classic straight or the loose straight, fit like 501's & 505's should! Wait for sales though as they run about $95 new. They have a sale right now I believe that ends on the 23rd for 70% off. Use code: take70.

http://www.bluerdenim.com/men-overview/

These are decent for the price:
http://www.allamericanclothing.com/made-in-usa/jeans.html

I also wear Agave Denim (the parent company of Bluer Denim). Get the Gringo or Waterman for regular straight and relaxed straight fits. Wait for sales here too as these are not cheap at all. You can occasionally find them on Amazon for $40-60 a pair.

http://www.agavedenimoutlet.com/ (they have spring, summer, and winter sales where you can get them for Levi prices same as Bluer Denim).

T-Shirts: American Giant hands down! http://www.american-giant.com/ (Made in U.S.A. too!)

Buck Mason makes some decent shirts. https://www.buckmason.com/

Ramblers Way makes nice Henley's and T's https://www.ramblersway.com/outlet

Royal Apparel makes decent plain T's too http://retail.royalapparel.net/

Other T's:
https://ribbedtee.com
http://forged.com/
http://rogueamericanapparel.com/
http://originalretrobrand.com/
http://www.duckworthco.com/

Best boxer briefs I have ever worn: https://huckberry.com/store/flint-and-tinder/category/p/28562-3-ks1-boxer-briefs

Socks:
http://darntough.com/

Moose-Knuckle
03-22-16, 03:38
I get Duluth catalogs, but are their fire hose jeans really worth the extra price? I tear the hell out of clothing, with snags on barbed wire, and just wear the seat out being in and out of the saddle. Maybe Duluth fire hose jeans would be nice for my Friday Night Go To Town outfit?

I buy all my Duluth pants on sale, they run 20% off sales or $10 off sales all the time with free shipping codes. Just sign up for their emails and they will send you their flyer whenever there is a sale. I have several pairs of their pants I haven't even taken out of the plastic yet cause I buy them on sale with free shipping just to put back.

Another note about Duluth. Their long tail t-shirts are cut a whole 3" longer than traditional shirts as well as some of their polos and henleys. I have found this to be incredibly advantageous while CCW OWB which is my preferred method of carry.

And yes, as I wear their clothing all the time they are more than acceptable in social and casual settings. They even offer slack style pants and sport coats.

Moose-Knuckle
03-22-16, 03:43
Pretty much been BDU's and 511s for awhile now. They have room for my stuff.

I pretty much only where cargos these days (Duluth's Firehose workpant) for all my EDC "kit". They even have a hidden pocket in the right front pocket that holds a G17 mag famously. Folder, keys, white light, spare mag, CCW/holster, wallet, cell phone, lip balm, and eye drops just won't fit in jeans comfortably for me.

Endur
03-22-16, 03:56
I pretty much only where cargos these days (Duluth's Firehose workpant) for all my EDC "kit". They even have a hidden pocket in the right front pocket that holds a G17 mag famously. Folder, keys, white light, spare mag, CCW/holster, wallet, cell phone, lip balm, and eye drops just won't fit in jeans comfortably for me.

This reminds me I need to find someone who makes a kydex holster for a mag/light combo in one. I hate carrying my E1D in my pocket.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/ - A good place to get Made in U.S.A. items for real cheap.

Scoby
03-22-16, 05:40
Carhartt & Duluth

Carhartt and Duluth.

Yep.

I was a Levi's guy for many years. 10 years ago their quality went way down. I now wear Carhartt and even they seem to be slipping as far as longevity.
Going to give Duluth a try when I need another pair.

horseman234
03-22-16, 06:40
I'll second what Silver Bullet said. Wrangler 20X or Cinch. You should have a Boot Barn or Cavenders in your area, both of which should have a wide selection of jeans that you can try on. However, none of the jeans use the same heavy fabric they did in the old days.

brickboy240
03-22-16, 11:10
Those True Religion jeans look like "Miss Me" jeans for dudes. Pass!!!

Your wife/daughter/girlfriend pays 80-100 bucks a pair for jeans. You...as a dude...should not.

"Relaxed Fit" must mean "Fat Ass" because I cannot buy anything "relaxed" or I look completely silly in the baggy mess.

"Straight Leg" is for emaciated hipsters...not a guy that wears western boots or goes mt. biking and has quads and calves. LOL

Yes, buying jeans these days is an adventure. Lots of choices...of which most look silly and fit terribly.

Endur
03-22-16, 12:11
Those True Religion jeans look like "Miss Me" jeans for dudes. Pass!!!

Your wife/daughter/girlfriend pays 80-100 bucks a pair for jeans. You...as a dude...should not.

"Relaxed Fit" must mean "Fat Ass" because I cannot buy anything "relaxed" or I look completely silly in the baggy mess.

"Straight Leg" is for emaciated hipsters...not a guy that wears western boots or goes mt. biking and has quads and calves. LOL

Yes, buying jeans these days is an adventure. Lots of choices...of which most look silly and fit terribly.

True Religion are chick jeans made in mens sizes. I disagree with the straight leg. Hipsters wear slim and skinny. The original jean, the 501, was a straight leg jean. I by no means have small quads/hams (25" thighs, 14.5" calves, 17" arms, 43" chest) and I am not out of shape at all and straight and/or loose straight are my preferred jeans. I wear Chippewa boots and I hate boot leg jeans; I feel like I am trying to bring back Jinco jeans from the 90's.

Endur
03-22-16, 12:38
Buying crap jeans is like buying wally world boots. I am not coughing up $180 on a pair of Chippewa's that will last me years and then spending $30 on a pair of jeans that the crotch will rip out the minute I step into my truck. The same reason I buy quality firearms is the same reason I buy quality clothes-longevity and craftsmanship.

There is different quality and grades of denim cotton just as there is different quality metals in an AR barrel, likewise for quality control.

I am also not going to spend $500 on a pair of denim like some people do. Those people are the equivelent of those people who buy LWRC and those overpriced Jesse James rifles.

SteyrAUG
03-22-16, 12:56

I meant room for my other stuff.

Stengun
03-22-16, 13:03
Howdy,

It's because they went from being Made in the USA by Union workers to being made in Mexico, China, etc.

Paul

HCrum87hc
03-22-16, 13:36
I'll also throw out Diamond Gusset. They're reasonably priced and made in America. I recently had an issue with a pair I ordered. They sit a bit too high for my tastes, but are very well made. I removed the tags and labels, so couldn't exchange them per DG's typical practices. They still offered to send me out a new pair for free that would be more my style. I reiterated they owed me nothing, and I expected nothing, but the jeans are on the way.

brickboy240
03-22-16, 14:55
I have my reservations about buying jeans (especially ones over 50-60 bucks a pair) without trying them on first.

jstalford
03-22-16, 15:49
It's a pain, but most of the mail order places offer pretty good return policies for that reason.

Endur
03-22-16, 16:34
It's a pain, but most of the mail order places offer pretty good return policies for that reason.

They also have detailed measurement diagrams.

MegademiC
03-22-16, 22:23
I buy American Eagle jeans. $25 each on sale. They've lasted a few years so far.

I did have 3 pairs of bullhead brand jeans for like, 10 years and they lasted, but are baggie than I like now. Don't know what quality is like, but they were thick.

Howdy,

It's because they went from being Made in the USA by Union workers to being made in Mexico, China, etc.

Paul

That's what happens whamen you price your way out of a job and vote for presidents who push business overseas.

MountainRaven
03-22-16, 23:25
That's what happens whamen you price your way out of a job and vote for presidents who push business overseas.

I don't know if you're tried, but it's difficult to compete with someone who will do your job for a fraction of what it takes for you to just survive in the US.

I may buy American-made clothing at virtually whatever cost - but if you're not willing to spend more than $30 on a garment, well... you can't make clothing in the US that cheaply. Not at the level of quality that people expect when the tag says, "Made in USA," on it. Hell, as this thread evidences, you can't even do that with dirt cheap labor.

Moose-Knuckle
03-23-16, 01:21
I meant room for my other stuff.

Ah, well again this is why I where Duluth for the gusseted crotch. My crotch luggage now has some breathing room and I'm not constantly racking myself.

Hence their "ball room jeans".

JusticeM4
03-24-16, 00:08
I've been wearing blue jeans for well over 40 years and have watched the decline of quality and cut of them for the past 20+ years IMHO.

Most manufacturers don't even remember how to make a watch pocket, the front pockets are so shallow you can't stick in a BUG without the top of the grip showing, and some of the back pockets are so big you could pack a lunch and your swimming trunks.

And don't get me started on sizes. I'm a 38" waist and 34" inseam but I'm invisible to these people...it's a 34 or 36 waist and 30 or 32 inseam.

Does someone make a decent pair of jeans or are we just totally unAmerican?

You really need to shop around more.

Quality aside, if you go to a decent clothing store that sells jeans like Old Navy, Kohl's, Ross, etc you will find a variety of jean colors and styles that should suit your size and fit. 38waist/34length should not be that hard to find.

You are zeroing on specific stores such as Express, Banana Republic, A&F, etc that focus on current style and fit. Which is the skinny/slim/short style. Of course those will not be available in your size.

Eurodriver
03-24-16, 07:09
Who wears jeans anymore?!?!? :confused:

Endur
03-25-16, 01:42

Men not in uniform or at/in an occasion or scenario that requires a suit.

Boots, jeans, plain t-shirt or Henley. I am not talking those hipster "chukka" boots (I call them paperboy boots) and skinny jeans either. On occasion a BCM or RAA cap.

Whiskey_Bravo
03-25-16, 10:54

Men?.....

Averageman
03-25-16, 10:57
Old School Wrangler Cowboy Cut Jeans seem to last better than most and they are not so expensive.

Ironman8
03-25-16, 17:12
Just ordered a pair of Duluth FLEX jeans. I've come to realize that with a 31-32" waist and 25"+ thighs and a squatters a$$ to go with it, there just ain't many options out there for me. Having a little stretch in the jeans can never be a bad thing either. I've even tried some of the "Barbell Jeans" out there and the waist was still too big for my thigh ratio. Really hoping these Duluths work cause I'm about out of options.

26 Inf
03-25-16, 18:11
Just ordered a pair of Duluth FLEX jeans. I've come to realize that with a 31-32" waist and 25"+ thighs and a squatters a$$ to go with it, there just ain't many options out there for me. Having a little stretch in the jeans can never be a bad thing either. I've even tried some of the "Barbell Jeans" out there and the waist was still too big for my thigh ratio. Really hoping these Duluths work cause I'm about out of options.

Earl Campbell once complained that he couldn't get jeans to fit over his thighs, next thing you know he is advertising Wrangler Cowboy Cut Jeans. They still make them - http://www.wrangler.com/store/WRG_STORE_US/en_US/style/31mgs.html#categoryId=17678

Firefly
03-25-16, 18:53
Actually I haven't worn jeans in a while....on my personal time I bandy about in some really worn cargo pants or really faded cook white urban digital bdu pants (they were free, screw you), or my Adidas. At any given time I either look like Mr. Robot, Jayne Cobb, a Terminator Future War Resistance refugee, or the pissed off Russian sniper from Behind Enemy Lines

If I must be in polite company, slacks. But I try to avoid polite company because I am in my DGAF phase.

I will say I have one pair of black jeans from high school if I wanna look like a Birthday Massacre type but....really...I just don't like wearing jeans much these days.

You know....we're supposed to be GUYS. Guys shouldn't care about what they wear.

That said....I like chicks in tight jeans but that's as far as my jean opinions really go..

Ironman8
03-25-16, 19:04
Earl Campbell once complained that he couldn't get jeans to fit over his thighs, next thing you know he is advertising Wrangler Cowboy Cut Jeans. They still make them - http://www.wrangler.com/store/WRG_STORE_US/en_US/style/31mgs.html#categoryId=17678

Well I'm definitely no Earl Campbell but I'll keep em on my radar. Although I'm not sure that "heavyweight denim" pairs very well with the TX climate.

Moose-Knuckle
03-26-16, 01:37
Guys shouldn't care about what they wear.

I only care cause they have to be able to hold my blaster, spare mag, blades, etc.

_Stormin_
03-26-16, 09:49
That said....I like chicks in tight jeans
Who doesn't?

horseman234
03-26-16, 10:52
The only reason I care how I look in jeans is because hot women DO care. I've dated enough cowgirls to know they are attracted to a guy in jeans that fit well.

Averageman
03-26-16, 10:54
Well I'm definitely no Earl Campbell but I'll keep em on my radar. Although I'm not sure that "heavyweight denim" pairs very well with the TX climate.

I'm no Earl Campbell, but they are good tough jeans, for the money they are my favorite.
I've done the Duluth thing and although they are good jeans, I dont care for the fit.

NC_DAVE
03-26-16, 10:57

We all don't live in Fl. Plus my shirt stays **** my legs up something awful.

26 Inf
03-26-16, 11:16
Who doesn't?

Not saying I don't, but I often spend more time looking at women in looser clothing imagining what is there. Imagination is a powerful tool.

Irish
03-26-16, 12:52
Bluer Denim! Made in U.S.A. and are great quality. Get the classic straight or the loose straight, fit like 501's & 505's should! Wait for sales though as they run about $95 new. They have a sale right now I believe that ends on the 23rd for 70% off. Use code: take70.

http://www.bluerdenim.com/men-overview/

Those look pretty slick. I'd definitely pick up a pair at 70% off but I missed the timeline.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-26-16, 23:55
Just bought 3 pairs of Levi's. They sag at my lower back and have no room for the boys up front. Legs feel tighter than normal and I couldn't see myself working in these pants on anything that required bending or squatting. WTF Levi?

Moose-Knuckle
03-27-16, 02:58
Just bought 3 pairs of Levi's. They sag at my lower back and have no room for the boys up front. Legs feel tighter than normal and I couldn't see myself working in these pants on anything that required bending or squatting. WTF Levi?

Levi's started out making denim for the American blue collar middle class, since that time they have been taken over by fashionistas.

Irish
03-27-16, 07:43
I have a few pair of these http://stonemastergear.com/the-stonemaster-jean/ that were custom made 33X36. They're a bit stretchy, gusseted crotch and made for rock climbers. Email the owner, Mike Graham mg@stonemaster.co, and you can get custom sizing as well if you need it.

Endur
03-28-16, 21:53

My general experience with Levi's as well. Hell, I have a stack of 505's in my closet because of poor fit.

TacticalSledgehammer
04-15-16, 08:13
I ordered a pair of bib overalls and jeans from these guys. All of their stuff is made at their factory in Oklahoma. I guess they started out making jeans and overalls for railroads a long time ago. http://www.round-house.com/