PDA

View Full Version : Besides the 4 position collapsible stock...

Zip06
06-13-06, 22:24
what other stocks are being issued or procured by the military. I know the LMT SOPMOD has shown up and its suppose to be stronger as well as offer a decent cheek weld. Any others?

Boom
06-13-06, 23:07
I do not know it the Military is issuing the Vltor, but I have seen lots of guys with them. I think it's a small unit order but I could be wrong.

C4IGrant
06-14-06, 10:44
USN EOD is issued the Magpul M93B in DE.

C4

BravoCompanyUSA
06-14-06, 14:07
USN EOD is issued the Magpul M93B in DE.

C4

How did you know that . . .:D :D

C4IGrant
06-14-06, 14:20
How did you know that . . .:D :D

I know someone that did some training with them and said they were all running them. :D

C4

SinnFéinM1911
06-14-06, 14:22
Geez, you guys and all your inside information ... Let it spill ;)

Pat_Rogers
06-14-06, 15:41
There was at least one other unit used the M93 stock.
The "Crane" stock is known as the "Sloping Cheekweld Buttstock", and has been in the SOPMOD system for certain units for about four years now. It is an issue item.
Units have purchased other COTS equipment (including buttstocks) out of discretionary funds.

Zip06
06-15-06, 10:14
I had wondered what stocks had been accepted for purchase by DOD. I know the testing of components which have an NSN is rigorous and I was curious. I have used the LMT SOPMOD (Crane) stock and it is a heavy duty and improved product

Is there some reason that all the new stock variants do not have NSN's?

C4IGrant
06-15-06, 10:23
I had wondered what stocks had been accepted for purchase by DOD. I know the testing of components which have an NSN is rigorous and I was curious. I have used the LMT SOPMOD (Crane) stock and it is a heavy duty and improved product

Is there some reason that all the new stock variants do not have NSN's?

No stock system (for instance) is adpoted by a .Mil unit without going through a lot of testing. Generally an NSN number is awarded because it is a product that they want everyone in the Military to have easy access too.

The M93B for instance was purchased by one group (Naval EOD) as they felt it best fit their needs. The rest of the Navy or Military for instance didn't feel that the M93B was a good choice for everyone.

These are just my thoughts on the subject and since I was the guy that was awarded the contract for the M93B, I thought I would answer.

C4