PDA

View Full Version : Sig e2 grips & reduced reach trigger- can anyone compare size to other common pistols

Isl
03-22-16, 07:31
Thank you in advance for any input.

Can anyone provide a size comparison of a Sig p226 (or similar...220, 229) using the e2 grips and the reduced reach trigger to other common platforms suitable for people with small hands.

Finding a model to test where I live is difficult. I currently shoot a USP compact and a P250 compact with the medium grip module but am familiar with Glocks and 1911s as well. I understand the ergonomics of the guns are all different, I am just trying to get a sense of whether the enhancements would make the gun feasible for my small hands.

Thank you again.

DirectTo
03-22-16, 07:58
I have smaller hands, and to me the grip size feels smaller than even a Gen 4 Glock. That's purely subjective of course, but that's how it feels to me. And the E2 grips have very nice, form fitting lines that make it feel very natural in your hand. On both my 226 and 229 I had E2 grips with the normal, non short reach trigger and found it just about perfect for my uses as far as grip and feel went, though I later dumped Sigs.

I had a USP compact and the E2 grips are miles ahead of it - they definitely feel smaller and much better than that brick.

I think even if you have very small hands, the E2 grips + short trigger would make the gun a great fit for you.

Isl
03-22-16, 08:00
Thank you for the response. Very helpful!

nj0ywatch1np0rn
03-22-16, 10:58
It reduces the reach distance by .25" for me. It's nice but does take getting used to.

samuse
03-22-16, 14:07
I like the E2 grips, but I HATE the short reach trigger. It pinches the Hell out of my trigger finger between the trigger face and the frame. No trouble ever with the normal trigger.

nick84
03-22-16, 19:37
For reference: my surgical glove size is medium a little too small, large a little too loose. I have the E2 grips on my 229 Enhanced Elite. The sizing is just about perfect, it's one of my guns that I shoot the best with.

jpmuscle
03-22-16, 20:04
I can't speak to the short trigger but I went from the standard grips to the e2s on my duty 229 for a couple of reasons. Primary of which, I like the aggressive texture better, especially with gloves on. With the gun sitting deeper into the web of my hand recoil is a touch easier mitigate and maintain sight alignment too. With the reduced grip circumference I find it easier to focus on and manipulate the trigger as well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bantee
03-22-16, 22:42
I have a Sig P226 MK 25 w/ both the E2 grip & the short reach trigger..I'm a teeny guy..5'5 135lbs..from my wrist to middle finger measures a hair less than 7 inches..& this setup makes shooting double action a breeze for me..the trigger reach is far closer for me then my Gen 2 Glock 19.

cellison1460
04-03-16, 12:23
I have and regularly shoot a p226 and a p229, both with the E2 grips. I have the short reach trigger on the p226 and regular trigger on the p229. I loved the short reach on the 226 but just felt that it was too close on the 229. The E2 grips on the 229 have a different contour to them.

Using medical gloves as a reference, I'm in the same position as you. Mediums are too tight and large are too big.

I prefer my 226 with the short reach over the 229. I shoot it better, like the contour of the E2 grip better, and like the feel of the short reach trigger.