PDA

View Full Version : Safariland AR accessory (if dupe delete)

mike240
08-21-08, 01:52
http://www.safariland.com/product.aspx?pid=RK-M4

Do not know price. I was looking for there fairly new mag coupler that I think was designed by Bill Rogers. I saw from a friend that works for them. The mag coupler is not on their site yet however.

Found that too http://www.holsters.com/competition/accessories/7742.asp

Erick Gelhaus
08-21-08, 03:58
Thanks. Can see that being a possible asset for those who aren't able to go to / don't want a full blown rail set-up.

Army Chief
08-21-08, 04:32
Not a bad idea for those who simply want to mount a light, but I'm not sure this would stand up to the torsional stresses of a VFG. That strikes me as a bit much to expect from a polymer rail frame that is itself soft-mounted to a polymer handguard assembly.

Of course, there are other simpler ways to mount a light, so I'm left wondering what the niche market for this component might be. It seems long on innovation, but somewhat short on practicality to me.

Chief

rob_s
08-21-08, 05:52
Not a bad idea for those who simply want to mount a light, but I'm not sure this would stand up to the torsional stresses of a VFG. That strikes me as a bit much to expect from a polymer rail frame that is itself soft-mounted to a polymer handguard assembly.

Of course, there are other simpler ways to mount a light, so I'm left wondering what the niche market for this component might be. It seems long on innovation, but somewhat short on practicality to me.

Chief

I agree with all of this. :cool:

MassMark
08-21-08, 08:15
I agree with all of this. :cool:

As do I. Though polymer technology has come a long way - I'm not sure it's to the point where plastic/plastic/plastic feels like a good idea. I like the design however and would like it even more if it was machined metal....

The mag coupler however look interesting....

markm
08-21-08, 08:53
I'd like to see what they have going on with that mag coupler/cover system.

Maybe our own coupler expert, rifleshooter, has some insight on this. :p