PDA

View Full Version : One rebel, of the sage variety, is still at large.

J-Dub
03-23-16, 07:20
http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/03/occupier_who_feds_say_dug_tren.html

Looks like there's going to be another standoff. I just don't understand why though. I mean who said you couldn't go to Federally owned and operated property, claim it to be yours (you know robin hood style to give it back to the ranchers that sold it to the Feds), destroy property, and not get away scot free?

What has America come to? And of course the Bundy facebook page offers this gem: "FBI has come to the Ryan family in Plains Montana and told them them their 25 year old son Jake is under must go to jail for being at the refuge. No crime, just terror on a respected God fearing family."

I find it incredibly ironic that the very people who spout off about "laws" and carry around the constitution in their shirt pocket feel as though no crimes were committed. Interesting. They sang a different tune when someone tried to mess with their property (cattle) that were trespassing. Wonder if I went down to the Bundy compound (from documents I've read the property the actually own is around 150 acres) and just went to town with a backhoe and dozer....what would they think about that?

Eurodriver
03-23-16, 12:28
I stopped caring about these guys when they all surrendered like vaginas and played dress up like it was a princess party.

Why do you continue to care?

WickedWillis
03-23-16, 12:48
That's in the exact county I grew up in. Trust me, if they want him in Plains, there isn't much he can actually do about it unless local LE interferes. Very small town, very small county. There might be enough fudds up there to start some shit though. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Averageman
03-23-16, 13:39
Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

It seems like it usually does. Somebody has to get shot when these things happen, not blaming anyone, but it seems to be SOP.

WickedWillis
03-23-16, 13:51
It seems like it usually does. Somebody has to get shot when these things happen, not blaming anyone, but it seems to be SOP.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I agree though, hopefully no bloodshed.

J-Dub
03-23-16, 19:44
. Why do you continue to care?

Well because I am very passionate about the very thing these folks despise, public land. I don't want them to steal it from me, you, or generations to come. What we have out west is a true treasure, and to lose it to some wingnut is unacceptable.

All across UT, NV, AZ, ID, WY and MT there is a radical minority that not only despises public use of public land, but hate the very entity that manages and regulates that land (the Federal Government). Make no mistake, these folks didn't want to take the land from the Feds for us, they wanted it for them, to make a buck.

MountainRaven
03-23-16, 19:59
I don't know any Montanans who support the Bundys beyond a general anti-government, anti-Obama sentiment. Course, I don't know many folks in Plains and clearly at least one feels more strongly about it than anyone I know.

Looks like lovely country, though. I hope the FBI enjoy their stay there and are soon gone with the person they came for.

Vandal
03-23-16, 21:23
All across UT, NV, AZ, ID, WY and MT there is a radical minority that not only despises public use of public land, but hate the very entity that manages and regulates that land (the Federal Government). Make no mistake, these folks didn't want to take the land from the Feds for us, they wanted it for them, to make a buck.

This is the most important part of the thread and the stand off thread. They (Bundy's et al) only want the land for their use and they have no issues running people off the land at gun point. They want it for free if at all possible and do not want you on it. They will even claim state or federal land as their own and run hikers off.

Moose-Knuckle
03-24-16, 02:57
In the age of Obama endorsed #BLM militants assassinating LEO's in NYC while they sit inside their squad cars or LEO's in Houston pumping gas at a pump this is like the dead last thing to grind my gears.