PDA

View Full Version : Glock - Vickers edition... GEN 2 frame?!

Chiral
03-23-16, 14:16
There is a new version of the signature Vickers Glock line coming out in Summer of 2016. The picture is very interesting to say the least...

Speculation? I'm hoping for a Gen2 frame sans finger grooves with a light rail. :cool:

As posted on instagram by Mr Vickers:

jstalford
03-23-16, 14:22
I kinda looks like non rail? If it's no grooves with a rail, that might get me to go back to glock.

DirectTo
03-23-16, 14:31
IF that really is a teaser, the railed frames have a distinct cutout when looking from the side just forward of the serial number plate (the slot for the rail itself). That picture does not show that cutout.

It'll certainly sell. But meh, I'll stick with a plain Gen 4 with night sights.

El Cid
03-23-16, 15:47
My guess is that will be the Gen 5 or whatever they are calling the submission for a certain federal contract that specified no finger grooves.

methical20
03-23-16, 16:18
No finger grooves with a rail would be ideal.

Vandal
03-23-16, 17:15
I don't see why they would make them without the rail. No finger grooves and a light rail is a good idea.

WickedWillis
03-23-16, 17:35
I don't see why they would make them without the rail. No finger grooves and a light rail is a good idea.

If it's no finger grooves, with a rail then it might be a tease of the Gen 5 imo. I'd be all giggly.

Dionysusigma
03-23-16, 18:13
A reverse Google Image Search shows that picture's been posted on this site before (hell, four years ago).

Nothing to get all hot 'n' bothered about. :rolleyes:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?109473

WickedWillis
03-23-16, 18:18
A reverse Google Image Search shows that picture's been posted on this site before (hell, four years ago).

Nothing to get all hot 'n' bothered about. :rolleyes:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?109473

Well it was posted on Tango down and Vickers facebook pages, so there's that.

bear13
03-23-16, 18:46
Still has a hump. Not that exciting for me. Gen 5 imho needs no hump,rail,no finger grooves, properly working gen 4 springs/extraction. Ill be all over that.

Big A
03-23-16, 18:59
If you're viewing this on your phones, zoom in and you will see the light rail between the serial plate and RSA and the front strap checkering is uninterrupted by finger grooves...

Big A
03-23-16, 19:03
Still has a hump. Not that exciting for me. Gen 5 imho needs no hump,rail,no finger grooves, properly working gen 4 springs/extraction. Ill be all over that.
Agreed, it should have a removable hump for those that want a straighter back strap.

Big A
03-23-16, 19:05
And please give us RTF2 texture with Gen4 mag release.

Chiral
03-23-16, 19:53
I'm guessing LAV posted a pic of a gen 2 to whet the appetite. The actual firearm may be quite different I hope! Gen 2 rtf2 with light rail[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Cid
03-23-16, 20:19
And please give us RTF2 texture.

Only as an option please. As the owner of an RTF2 gun there's no way I could carry that concealed unless I won the power ball. Every concealing shirt would be toast after one day of wear.

svtpwnz
03-23-16, 20:21

I'm thinking the same. It would almost certainly have a rail and no finger grooves. I'm also thinking this may be the new gen 5's or whatever they are going to call it. With so many people stippling and customizing the frames of their Glocks I would like to think they will make the frames with the RTF2 texture.

wrx04
03-23-16, 20:49

+1

And add to that what Big A said.

Not sure why Glock insists on having the hump. Seems like the engineers like having the wrist in that position, but it doesnt work for everyone and it is the one thing that most people dislike about the platform.

Make a RTF2 with no hump, no finger grooves, gen 4 mag release, gen 3 recoil spring, keep the rail, and crisp up the trigger. THAT would be perfection.

Sensei
03-24-16, 02:00
Only as an option please. As the owner of an RTF2 gun there's no way I could carry that concealed unless I won the power ball. Every concealing shirt would be toast after one day of wear.

Agreed. The Gen4 texture would be my preferance. That way my shirts will last at least a month or two. ;)

Texaspoff
03-24-16, 06:10
Not that I know anything....:cool:, but a little birdie told me the new frames will be essentially the current 4th Gen, but without finger humps. As much as folks tend to not like the large hump on the back strap, I don't think it will be addressed with this next frame.

TXPO

BlahBlah
03-24-16, 06:10
My ideal would be a Gen 4 frame (backstraps, rail and and better mag release), no finger grooves, bigger "Glock knuckle" relief, and either Gen 4 or RTF2 texture. If they added forward serrations on the slide, it would be my perfect handgun out-of-the-box.

Big A
03-24-16, 08:14
Not that I know anything....:cool:, but a little birdie told me the new frames will be essentially the current 4th Gen, but without finger humps. As much as folks tend to not like the large hump on the back strap, I don't think it will be addressed with this next frame.

TXPO

Are they going back to a single recoil spring instead of the dual RSA?

Eurodriver
03-24-16, 08:30
I hope it has the hump. That's the only reason I like Glocks.

No finger grooves, a light rail, and Gen4 texture/backstraps? I'd buy at least five.

Chiral
03-24-16, 08:54
Add MOS to it and it'd be the 2016 Gun of the Year :cool:

ramairthree
03-24-16, 09:16
Damn it. I thought I was done buying Glocks. Two gen 2 19s and 2 17s. I have been waiting for a gen two with rail since shortly after I bought my first one in the early 90s.

Vandal
03-24-16, 09:22
It doesn't look like this mythical Glock will be a standard production model. From reading LAVs Instagram post it looks like another limited run he put together with Lipseys.

Talon167
03-24-16, 09:32
Glock 7? :D

C4IGrant
03-24-16, 09:51
There is a new version of the signature Vickers Glock line coming out in Summer of 2016. The picture is very interesting to say the least...

Speculation? I'm hoping for a Gen2 frame sans finger grooves with a light rail. :cool:

As posted on instagram by Mr Vickers:

Bad news for you, it is not a GEN 2 frame.

C4

Chiral
03-24-16, 10:04

C4

Gen 2, Gen 4.5, Gen whatever....as long as it doesn't have those finger grooves I'll buy 2 or 3 as soon as its available.

Jacob1
03-24-16, 10:55
I would be very surprised if they went away with the finger grooves.
I don't see that happening.

C4IGrant
03-24-16, 11:00
Gen 2, Gen 4.5, Gen whatever....as long as it doesn't have those finger grooves I'll buy 2 or 3 as soon as its available.

It will have finger grooves.

C4

Chiral
03-24-16, 11:10
Ah..that IS bad news. Thanks for the update!

methical20
03-24-16, 11:12
@C4IGrant - Care to see if it's okay to spill the beans on the specs of this gun? These things are going to sell faster than the last two releases from the sounds of it.

ramairthree
03-24-16, 11:17
Oh well. Someone can buy the one I was going to get then. I won't be getting my groove on.

C4IGrant
03-24-16, 11:18
@C4IGrant - Care to see if it's okay to spill the beans on the specs of this gun? These things are going to sell faster than the last two releases from the sounds of it.

I cannot.

C4

C4IGrant
03-24-16, 11:18
Oh well. Someone can buy the one I was going to get then. I won't be getting my groove on.

Finger grooves are EASILY removed.

C4

methical20
03-24-16, 11:19
I cannot.

C4

Understood. Will wait patiently.

jstalford
03-24-16, 11:19

F*** dat.

trinydex
03-24-16, 12:39
I kinda looks like non rail? If it's no grooves with a rail, that might get me to go back to glock.

it looks like it does have a light rail, but lacks the finger grooves, which is the way glock should have made them to begin with.

C4

and the bad news.

jstalford
03-24-16, 12:43
I know they're easily removed but the whole reason I stay away from glocks is there's too much crap I want to do to them.

Coming with the vickers parts helps, but isn't enough. Finger grooves gone would be perfect.

Mrgunsngear
03-24-16, 13:27
I must be the only guy that likes the grooves. :bad:

Eurodriver
03-24-16, 13:39

I like them on a carry gun, but when you add gloves it ****s it all up.

C4IGrant
03-24-16, 13:41
it looks like it does have a light rail, but lacks the finger grooves, which is the way glock should have made them to begin with.

and the bad news.

Ignore the pic. It isn't a pic of the real gun (FYI).

C4

DirectTo
03-24-16, 13:44
I'm with you. On all sizes of Glocks.

Though I also prefer the Gen 4s over Gen 3s as well as the RTF guns which some apparently think is a sin. Lol

TF82
03-24-16, 14:09

C4

I think I might see what you did there.

TMS951
03-24-16, 14:09

C4

C4

Ignore the pic. It isn't a pic of the real gun (FYI).

C4

Super excited to hear this, I was really hoping that was just a generic Gen2 X-ray image used, and not the actual thing.

I buy these for the RTF2 Frame, which I love. My hands seem perfect for the finger grooves. I was going to jump on another of the Grey 17s when I saw the Gen2 deal picture. But I'll hold on in hopes when its released it will be a RTF2 Gen3 gun, in OD Green pretty please.

w3453l
03-24-16, 21:22
C4 I know you can't share the full specs, but can you at least say if these will be Gen 3 RTF2 in Black?

HCM
03-25-16, 00:00

C4

If you are allowed to. I can carry Personally owned Glock 9mms at work but the only thing I can change is sights. No frame mods other than stick on grip tape. With XXl hands the G19 in particular, with its reduced FG spacing is cramped.

HCM
03-25-16, 00:02

I can live with the grooves on the 17 and 26 but the spacing on the G19 grooves is reduced and is simply too small.

Nightstalker865
03-25-16, 06:26
I'm hoping it's a Gen 4 frame with the RTF2 texturing on it. That would make a cool setup

Jacob1
03-25-16, 07:47
I'm betting on gen3 rtf2 in black. Basically the same as the gray one but black.

Nightstalker865
03-25-16, 07:57
I'm betting on gen3 rtf2 in black. Basically the same as the gray one but black.

That's my guess too, but I would love to see the RTF2 texturing combined with the geometry of the Gen 4 frame.

TMS951
03-25-16, 11:36

Here's to hoping.

OD green is a 'stock' Glock color. I do see the LAV sticking with the RTF2 Gen3 frames. Black would make sense, but being as there are black RTF2 guns already produced I would think he'd go for a unique color. This really just leaves OD Green, which I'd be stoked on. If they are black I'd still be pumped.

If its Gen 2 or 4 count me out. LAV has been vocal about his preference for Gen3 guns over 4, and Grant said no to the Gen 2. So I feel comfortable in thinking it will still be RTF2 Gen3.

El Cid
03-25-16, 18:42
Here's to hoping.

OD green is a 'stock' Glock color. I do see the LAV sticking with the RTF2 Gen3 frames. Black would make sense, but being as there are black RTF2 guns already produced I would think he'd go for a unique color. This really just leaves OD Green, which I'd be stoked on. If they are black I'd still be pumped.

If its Gen 2 or 4 count me out. LAV has been vocal about his preference for Gen3 guns over 4, and Grant said no to the Gen 2. So I feel comfortable in thinking it will still be RTF2 Gen3.
My money is on sand colored pistols.

Talon167
03-25-16, 18:46
My money is on sand colored pistols.

I actually saw one of those at the LGS today. They had three G19s, one was FDE, one was Sand, and one was Burnt Bronze. The slide and frame. Never saw sand or BB before.

GregP220
03-25-16, 18:55
I can live with finger grooves on a 17/22 sized frame but on a 19/23 they don't fit my hand at all.

dirkmagurk
03-26-16, 09:45
I've been praying for Glock to ditch the grooves. If this is true I'll be selling all my gen 3's and replacing them with these gen 5 or 4.5 or LAV special editions or whatever they will call them. The grooves may be fine for most people. I've got some XXL mitts though and instead of sitting in between my fingers they sit in the middle of each finger.

El Cid
03-27-16, 13:04
I actually saw one of those at the LGS today. They had three G19s, one was FDE, one was Sand, and one was Burnt Bronze. The slide and frame. Never saw sand or BB before.

I'm betting those were Cerakoted though. I suspect the new LAV guns will be sand colored frames, from the factory.

Flankenstein
03-27-16, 13:10
Here's to hoping.

No. OD Green hasn't been "stock" in years. Amchar does occasional runs with it in the same way Lipseys does with FDE and Grey frames.

Flankenstein
03-27-16, 13:17
I'm betting those were Cerakoted though. I suspect the new LAV guns will be sand colored frames, from the factory.

Those are Acusport guns. 100% cerakoted.