PDA

View Full Version : Eric Prince BW principal under investigation

VooDoo6Actual
03-24-16, 13:04
https://theintercept.com/2016/03/24/blackwater-founder-erik-prince-under-federal-investigation/

ERIK PRINCE, founder of the now-defunct mercenary firm Blackwater and current chairman of Frontier Services Group, is under investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice and other federal agencies for attempting to broker military services to foreign governments and possible money laundering, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the case.

What began as an investigation into Prince’s attempts to sell defense services in Libya and other countries in Africa has widened to a probe of allegations that Prince received assistance from Chinese intelligence to set up an account for his Libya operations through the Bank of China. The Justice Department, which declined to comment for this article, is also seeking to uncover the precise nature of Prince’s relationship with Chinese intelligence.

Prince, through his lawyer, Victoria Toensing, said he has not been informed of a federal investigation and had not offered any defense services in Libya. Toensing called the money-laundering allegations “total bullshit.”

Averageman
03-24-16, 14:44
You know he should have seen this coming and moved everything offshore about four years ago.
I'm not sure after all the drama, why didn't he see this coming?

Firefly
03-24-16, 16:53
The world is afraid of another Executive Outcomes.
I mean....if you can hire a private army that gets results, then you undermine entire governments.

Who cares if warlords hoard food and rape villages. Dammit, we was elected and we need the UN so we can look important without mattering much or doing anything

glocktogo
03-24-16, 17:04
This is absolutely not a commentary on whether he should be under investigation (he probably should), but I'd bet my next paycheck Prince isn't a registered Democrat who's contributed to the party.

Just sayin... :ph34r:

Dist. Expert 26
03-24-16, 17:31
Who cares if warlords hoard food and rape villages. Dammit, we was elected and we need the UN so we can look important without mattering much or doing anything

Firefly hitting the nail on the head yet again.

I think the fact that Obama genuinely fears men like Prince plays a role as well. He's a liberals worst nightmare.

ramairthree
03-24-16, 17:53
Only politicians can get money from the Chinese for land, military services, etc. not citizens.

Iraqgunz
03-24-16, 18:00
This crap is partially written by Jeremy Scabhill. That makes any real facts in this hard to swallow. Other than some slides, I don't see any documents that back up anything they are saying.

Arik
03-24-16, 18:22
The world is afraid of another Executive Outcomes.
I mean....if you can hire a private army that gets results, then you undermine entire governments.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160324/66518de291a69fde313c4c4ad02da133.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Averageman
03-24-16, 18:25
This crap is partially written by Jeremy Scabhill. That makes any real facts in this hard to swallow. Other than some slides, I don't see any documents that back up anything they are saying.
And if only someone had reported on Benghazi, Hillary Clinton's E-Mail fiasco, Holder walking Guns in to Mexico, and on and on with such vigor it would likely be a different world.
He must have either really scared the crap out of someone or missed a pay off payment. With all of the bad Press Black Water got, he should have pulled up stakes and left the Country long ago.
As ugly as it sounds, we need someone to provide a service like this and this country needs them.

SeriousStudent
03-24-16, 19:19
And if only someone had reported on Benghazi, Hillary Clinton's E-Mail fiasco, Holder walking Guns in to Mexico, and on and on with such vigor it would likely be a different world.
He must have either really scared the crap out of someone or missed a pay off payment. With all of the bad Press Black Water got, he should have pulled up stakes and left the Country long ago.
As ugly as it sounds, we need someone to provide a service like this and this country needs them.

The Prince family lives in Dubai, and has for years. Which does not have an extradition treaty with the US.

And IG is right - Scahill is a moron.

platoonDaddy
03-24-16, 20:04
The Prince family lives in Dubai, and has for years. Which does not have an extradition treaty with the US.

I would have bet the bank, that the UAE had an extradition treaty with USA. Following your post, did a search and for sure I would have lost the bank.

Averageman
03-24-16, 20:44

And IG is right - Scahill is a moron.

Okay, but didn't they try this same stuff ten years ago thus the name change and wasn't the HQ here in the US?
I'm not sure if I remember some of this going to trial here, but I'm leaning that way.

Benito
03-25-16, 02:45
BW sure made a convenient fall guy for the DOS, not to mention the entire gov't. Wars not going well? (Do to absurd ROE's, strategy, goals, premises). It's all Blackwater's fault. Mercenaries!!

Moose-Knuckle
03-25-16, 02:48
I'm sure Mr. Prince has a lot of dirt on the US State Dept. with his various dealings with them. Only an idiot wouldn't have insurance against such a client.

Caeser25
03-25-16, 08:43
Only politicians can get money from the Chinese for land, military services, etc. not citizens.

Ahem, Hillary Clinton.

KalashniKEV
03-25-16, 12:25
...I'd bet my next paycheck Prince isn't a registered Democrat who's contributed to the party.

Just sayin... :ph34r:

Can he still vote in elections?

I thought he was close to quietly losing his passport a few years back...

VooDoo6Actual
03-25-16, 13:40
Sure are a lot of people here misinformed on how it actually works.

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Blackwater_Founder_Investigated_For_Ties_to_Chinese_Intelligence_and_Money_Laundering/50034/0/38/38/Y/M.html#disqus_thread

26 Inf
03-25-16, 14:19
I didn't really read anything regarding Nisour Square, were the facts reported in the linked article anywhere close to the truth?

I've taken armorer courses from Blackwater and U.S. Training Center (I was told name after Blackwater) one of the guys who taught them really knew his stuff, they sure gave out a lot of bling.

TAZ
03-25-16, 14:29

Assuming that you are referring to needing BW or any other private army; then I'd have to seriously disagree. We don't need mercenaries. We need a strong and competently lead military that is allowed to do the jobs required to protect this nation. BW and the like we're a means by which the people of the USA could be deceived by political assholes who didn't have the balls to tell the truth about our troop levels and the success of the DoD efforts. Instead they sold us rosy stories of successes worthy of troop reductions. All the while their political butt buddies were taking in the tax dollars as we poured more men in country.

prdubi
04-01-16, 21:09
lots of enemies....

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk