PDA

View Full Version : Sons of Liberty Gun Works?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Livefreeordie92
03-24-16, 20:56
So I've looked for some reviews of their rifles and not much luck. Anyone on here have any gear from them? They list specs extensively and they all seem to check every box.
Anyway I'm curious to hear what's out there. I'm considering them for my next upper just for something different.

Here is their basic midlength with moe SL furniture
https://sonsoflibertygunworks.com/collections/rifles/products/m4-patrol-rifle-sl-black-friday-special?variant=10455647553

civiliansheepdog
04-21-16, 20:18
I've been looking at that exact upper and haven't seen much on these guys either. If anyone has any experience with them, feedback would be appreciated.

C-grunt
04-22-16, 04:24
Ive talked to IraqGunz about their rifles before and he had good things to say about them.

raven_zer0
04-22-16, 15:53
I own some of their rifles/components so I can tell you my experience. They are definitely one of the most legit rifle manufacturers out there. Their quality assurance and choice of materials and components is second to none and their rifles are built to shoot everything under all conditions. They will even replace your barrel free of charge should you manage to wear it out. The guys there are definitely some of the most knowledgeable guys in the AR industry. Even if you don't buy anything from them they will drop some serious knowledge on you. Now, they will not be the cheapest vendor out there, but that is because their choice of materials and manufacturing processes is top tier. Still, you're getting what is essentially BCM quality gear at a lower price. Their BCGs are probably even better than BCM's. That's not an exaggeration. But check them out, decide for yourself. You'll be impressed. 39096

GH41
04-22-16, 16:23
I own some of their rifles/components so I can tell you my experience. They are definitely one of the most legit rifle manufacturers out there. Their quality assurance and choice of materials and components is second to none and their rifles are built to shoot everything under all conditions. They will even replace your barrel free of charge should you manage to wear it out. The guys there are definitely some of the most knowledgeable guys in the AR industry. Even if you don't buy anything from them they will drop some serious knowledge on you. Now, they will not be the cheapest vendor out there, but that is because their choice of materials and manufacturing processes is top tier. Still, you're getting what is essentially BCM quality gear at a lower price. Their BCGs are probably even better than BCM's. That's not an exaggeration. But check them out, decide for yourself. You'll be impressed. 39096

What do you mean by "essentially BCM quality gear" ?? How are their bolts better than BCM'S bolts? How are you qualified to make these statements? What relationship do you have to Sons of Liberty?

raven_zer0
04-22-16, 17:21
To reply in order: 1. Same quality standards as BCM, same or better materials. 2. SOLGW BCGs are made by exactly the same manufacturer as BCM's BCGs, but have better extractor springs. 3. I am a user of SOLGW products and a certified AR-15 armorer 4. I use their products, albeit not exclusively.

DreadPirateMoyer
04-22-16, 17:43
To reply in order: 1. Same quality standards as BCM, same or better materials. 2. SOLGW BCGs are made by exactly the same manufacturer as BCM's BCGs, but have better extractor springs. 3. I am a user of SOLGW products and a certified AR-15 armorer 4. I use their products, albeit not exclusively.

Evidence please.

And am I the only one who finds it suspicious this guy's only 2 posts are here in this thread making these claims?

civiliansheepdog
04-22-16, 17:44
Thanks for the feedback, raven. I was already thinking it was worth the little extra over PSA due to the material diffeences.

GH41
04-22-16, 18:54
Evidence please.

And am I the only one who finds it suspicious this guy's only 2 posts are here in this thread making these claims?

Nope. His claims may be true but he will find himself in court if they are. "SOLGW BCGs are made by exactly the same manufacturer as BCM's BCGs, but have better extractor springs" Maybe his buddies didn't sign a nondisclosure agreement. Chances are they did.

intense
04-22-16, 19:55
I feel like I've just been force fed a first post infomercial.

Iraqgunz
04-23-16, 00:09
SOLGW is a good group of guys and they are passionate about making good stuff. I teach my classes down there several times a year. Their stuff is legit and definitely surpass companies like Windham, Bushmaster, DPMS, Olympic, Spike's, etc..

They have also helped raise money to donate rifles to LE and they have fixed guys guns who came in to the shop with crap that wouldn't work.

Livefreeordie92
04-23-16, 09:11
SOLGW is a good group of guys and they are passionate about making good stuff. I teach my classes down there several times a year. Their stuff is legit and definitely surpass companies like Windham, Bushmaster, DPMS, Olympic, Spike's, etc..

They have also helped raise money to donate rifles to LE and they have fixed guys guns who came in to the shop with crap that wouldn't work.
So that being said would you consider them to be on par with BCM and the others?

MajorLonghorn
04-23-16, 22:43
A friend of mine has one of their rifles, another friend should be picking up his any day now, and based on what I've seen and heard, they are indeed legit. I have been in email contact with them regarding a potential build and they seem knowledgeable and courteous. I look forward to having them make me a Recce build.

Tzook
04-24-16, 12:09
I haven't ever heard of these guys, but if all the information they list as specs on their website is true, I bet that's a pretty legit rifle. Not a bad price point at all either. Very interesting

Sparky5019
04-25-16, 05:07
I got 2 lowers that we turned into registered MGs from them. Seem to be in Spec and good quality. The ones we got were correctly machined internally for the FA FCG so all we had to do was drill the auto sear hole. I'm not sure if all the lowers are machined this way but it certainly helps for the 07/02 guys!

BuzzinSATX
04-25-16, 08:10
I dealt with them when they were first getting started a few years back. I ordered a rifle with a 15" KMR, but they had issues getting all their lower receivers and the 15" rail in. This was during the last Ammo/component shortages. Tough time to start a firearms business.

After a long wait, they let me modify the order, and built me a complete lower receiver using a Mega lower. I bought a BCM complete upper with the 15" KMR. I've put around 3K issue-free rounds through that rifle thus far. Not many by some standards, but enough to know it runs well for me.

Bottom line, from my experience, they are very good guys focused on building quality gear. I am planning on taking the 2-day Semper Paratus armorer course when they host another one at some point in the near future.

Take Care,

Buzz

texasjim
04-26-16, 07:10
As neighbors... They are passionate on building good guns, as well as being friendly folks. SOLGW is GTG.

Jim Hodge

SOLGW
04-26-16, 12:05
Thanks for your interest in SOLGW!

My name is Mike and I own Sons of Liberty Gun Works.
We're relatively new to AR market, and our growth has been mainly organic...word of mouth from our customers. Considering we ship to all 50 states and have never paid for advertising I think that says a lot.

When I started SOLGW my goal was to build a duty grade rifle that matched or exceeded the performance standards of the short list of companies I believe are doing right in the industry, and to include more end user options on rifle setup.

We're pretty transparent about what we do, and why we do it.
When sourcing components for our rifles I never shopped around. There was only one Bolt and carrier that we were going to use. Small parts; Schmid Tool. Action and ejector springs; Sprinco. Receiver extensions; Vltor A5. Gas Block knurled head set screws; McMaster Carr etc. etc...
I knew the rifle we were going to build down to the stainless detents before we were ever a company.
As important as the components themselves, the assembly procedures were also laid out without compromise. Aggressive staking on gas keys, appropriate displacement of steel in two positions when staking castle nuts, thread treatments, torque values, barrel dimpling etc...
And finally...the redundant QC that goes into place on individual components, assemblies, halves, or complete guns...to include two sets of test fire. And inspection and sign off by two separate armorers before anything leaves.
Acceptable number of failures? ZERO. That is our goal.

We publish our gas port values as well. I want the end user to know exactly what it is they're buying.

If anybody has any questions about SOLGW, feel free to ask.
I will not discuss other brands of guns other than to say BCM, DD, Colt, Sionics, LMT, Hodge Defense are companies I truly respect as a rifle builder, a customer, and shooter. Those guys are doing it right. And yes, I do consider SOLGW among those solid brands.

Thanks,

Mike
Owner SOLGW

HeruMew
04-26-16, 12:20

We're relatively new to AR market, and our growth has been mainly organic...word of mouth from our customers. Considering we ship to all 50 states and have never paid for advertising I think that says a lot.

When I started SOLGW my goal was to build a duty grade rifle that matched or exceeded the performance standards of the short list of companies I believe are doing right in the industry, and to include more end user options on rifle setup.

When sourcing components for our rifles I never shopped around. There was only one Bolt and carrier that we were going to use; Microbest. Small parts; Schmid Tool. Action and ejector springs; Sprinco. Receiver extensions; Vltor A5. Gas Block knurled head set screws; McMaster Carr etc. etc...
I knew the rifle we were going to build down to the stainless detents before we were ever a company.
As important as the components themselves, the assembly procedures were also laid out without compromise. Aggressive staking on gas keys, appropriate displacement of steel in two positions when staking castle nuts, thread treatments, torque values, barrel dimpling etc...
And finally...the redundant QC that goes into place on individual components, assemblies, halves, or complete guns...to include two sets of test fire. And inspection and sign off by two separate armorers before anything leaves.

We publish our gas port values as well. I want the end user to know exactly what it is they're buying.

I will not discuss other brands of guns other than to say BCM, DD, Colt, Sionics, LMT, Hodge Defense are companies I truly respect as a rifle builder, a customer, and shooter. Those guys are doing it right. And yes, I do consider SOLGW among those solid brands.

Thanks,

Mike
Owner SOLGW

Thanks for your time and post Mike,

It's a big bonus in my book for you to be taking the time to come on here and reach out to your consumer base.

It also sounds like you guys know your stuff, including business sense. Word of mouth can build a business as fast as it can destroy one. Looks like you are using that to the full advantage it provides and taking every step into consideration to avoid anythign negative.

Your QC processes sound commendable.

I will be seriously looking at your company, before November comes around, as it sounds like you'll be getting GTGs from some of the senior m4carbiners.

Split66
04-26-16, 12:30
Word has it they sell magic Forward Assists too.

SOLGW
04-26-16, 12:34
Word has it they sell magic Forward Assists too.
Haha...we actually got a bunch of emails and phone calls from people interested in "the forward assist kit".

I just said we were sold out...I didn't have the heart to tell them ;-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

SOLGW
04-26-16, 12:35
Thanks for your time and post Mike,

It's a big bonus in my book for you to be taking the time to come on here and reach out to your consumer base.

It also sounds like you guys know your stuff, including business sense. Word of mouth can build a business as fast as it can destroy one. Looks like you are using that to the full advantage it provides and taking every step into consideration to avoid anythign negative.

Your QC processes sound commendable.

I will be seriously looking at your company, before November comes around, as it sounds like you'll be getting GTGs from some of the senior m4carbiners.
Thank you, sir!

556BlackRifle
04-26-16, 13:05
SOLGW - Mike; Great to have you here on the forum. Nathan from Faxon started an Ask Us Anything (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?165508-Ask-Us-Anything-Faxon-Firearms) thread that has been a great way for end users and Faxon to connect and get correct info out to the masses. I hope you can do the same thing here on M4C.

Thanks and best regards, 556BR

SOLGW
04-26-16, 13:36
SOLGW - Mike; Great to have you here on the forum. Nathan from Faxon started an Ask Us Anything (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?165508-Ask-Us-Anything-Faxon-Firearms) thread that has been a great way for end users and Faxon to connect and get correct info out to the masses. I hope you can do the same thing here on M4C.

Thanks and best regards, 556BR
That's a great idea.
I'll also have my armorers sign up to answer any potential technical questions in case I'm unavailable.

Appreciate the suggestion.

PapaFoxtrot
04-26-16, 14:19
only one Bolt and carrier that we were going to use; Microbest.

You chose wisely.

PaLEOjd
04-26-16, 18:36
Nice to see another manufacturer on board that cares about quality, sounds like you guys are doing it right.
Can you tell us what the affiliation is with "raven zer0" and your company? He seems to have disappeared since "SOLGW" registered and posted on the forum.

SOLGW
04-26-16, 19:38
Nice to see another manufacturer on board that cares about quality, sounds like you guys are doing it right.
Can you tell us what the affiliation is with "raven zer0" and your company? He seems to have disappeared since "SOLGW" registered and posted on the forum.
I have no affiliation with anybody.

Not sure who Raven is...after a few thousand rifles and individual components you lose track.

Either me or my armorers will speak on behalf of SOLGW.

Mrgunsngear
04-27-16, 16:10

When sourcing components for our rifles I never shopped around. There was only one Bolt and carrier that we were going to use; Microbest. Small parts; Schmid Tool. Action and ejector springs; Sprinco. Receiver extensions; Vltor A5. Gas Block knurled head set screws; McMaster Carr etc. etc...

Thanks,

Mike
Owner SOLGW

Just let me know if you want to change that :big_boss:

HeruMew
04-27-16, 16:48
I would be so amped to see one of these rifles on GunsnGear.

Dooo eeeeet!

Livefreeordie92
04-27-16, 17:27

Dooo eeeeet!

That would be legit. As it stands I'll probably buy an solgw upper as my next anyway. It's just a matter of when.

ICBM556
04-27-16, 18:32
I'm going to add some spare parts, specifically BCG's. Looks like I will give these guys a shot, there on sale also.

SOLGW
04-27-16, 18:53
Just let me know if you want to change that :big_boss:
Hell yes! Can you email me?

Mike@sonsoflibertygw.com

civiliansheepdog
04-27-16, 18:59
Can't wait to see the review!

SOLGW
04-27-16, 19:02
I'll set up an M4Carbine coupon code.
Thanks for having us on the boards.

ICBM556
04-27-16, 19:11
I'll set up an M4Carbine coupon code.
Thanks for having us on the boards.

Thank you sir! Just about to order one of your BCG's, maybe 2.

SOLGW
04-27-16, 19:32
"M4C" at checkout for 10% off.

Been reading thru the forums...this is a solid group.

ICBM556
04-27-16, 19:36

Thanks for the code, and yes, it is a solid group.

Jsp10477
04-27-16, 21:18
Nice to see another manufacturer here getting the thumbs up from people who know. Quality products and customer service are the recipe for success.

HeruMew
04-28-16, 12:32
Hell yes! Can you email me?

Mike@sonsoflibertygw.com

Yes! Thank you Mike!

Glad to see you having no issues integrating into the community.

A new supplier/provider/manufacturer sharing information with us is always appreciated. Hopefully it shows good on your sales charts too. ;)

Plus, how flattering is it to get a coupon code for our community? Says a lot about M4C and even more about SOLGW.

I truly am excited to see the review from GunsnGear. Awesome guy, legitimate, and a great third party reviewer.

squid8286
04-28-16, 13:21
Stupid question, but I can't find it on the site. Do your 4150 CMV barrels have a chrome lining in the bore and chamber? Thanks.

civiliansheepdog
04-28-16, 14:07
Stupid question, but I can't find it on the site. Do your 4150 CMV barrels have a chrome lining in the bore and chamber? Thanks.

No their not. They use QPQ which is basically a melonite corrosion resistant process. It is superior to chrome lining against wear and corrosion. It seems much of the AR and AK industry is headed this way. More on it here. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quench_polish_quench

HeruMew
04-28-16, 14:17
Yup, I really like the new Melonite/QPQ stuff.

First AR was an Adams Arms AA15 with the Melonited 1:7 VooDoo barrel. I love that barrel with a passion.

I would go melonite over chroming nowadays, but all my chrome barrels have been on of other platforms.

I don't truly know the hardness/wear resistance between them both, however.

masenomics
04-28-16, 15:57

I just placed an order with you guys to finish a lower receiver parts kit, thanks for the discount.

squid8286
04-28-16, 18:14
No their not. They use QPQ which is basically a melonite corrosion resistant process. It is superior to chrome lining against wear and corrosion. It seems much of the AR and AK industry is headed this way. More on it here. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quench_polish_quench

Thank you for the info.

Mrgunsngear
04-29-16, 15:18

Dooo eeeeet!

Looks like we're going to get it done. Just give me a while to get some rounds through it for a decent report of the performance :D

ColtSeavers
04-29-16, 15:24
First: Welcome SOLGW!

Second:

Looks like we're going to get it done. Just give me a while to get some rounds through it for a decent report of the performance :D
http://rs1003.pbsrc.com/albums/af151/snubbyfan/forum%20pics/2785580d9024017d8f101ae9cfa692bc_zps68288df0.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

HeruMew
04-29-16, 15:50

First: Welcome SOLGW!

Second:

http://rs1003.pbsrc.com/albums/af151/snubbyfan/forum%20pics/2785580d9024017d8f101ae9cfa692bc_zps68288df0.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Awesome to hear! Will be watching for it to come through on my subscriber feed.

When Hannibal approves, you know you've done good.

MegademiC
04-29-16, 21:11
Looks like a legit review coming for a legit manufacturer. I'm looking forward to it. I'll be sure to keep solgw in mind for upcoming builds, sounds like you guys are serious. I like that.

lrc
05-03-16, 05:54
coupon code doesn't seem to be working

SOLGW
05-03-16, 16:56
coupon code doesn't seem to be working
Just renewed the M4C discount code.
Didn't realize it reset at the end of the month.

Thanks,
Mike

Livefreeordie92
05-05-16, 17:13
Just ordered a couple of Springco buffer springs from you guys.

Mrgunsngear
05-20-16, 21:26
Well, the M4-SML as arrived for the review. First impressions are that all the "little details" are perfect; the fit is as good as any I've seen.

Snapped some quick pics but it'll on the range this weekend for the beginning of the real evaluation.

http://i.imgur.com/utxcdWzl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3bC4iF2l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NFdSShLl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wYZ45DKl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oRAqpb4l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2OlyIvGl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZAFP3Y9l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YkiKqmhl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qhvsjrZl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wx8LH7Yl.jpg

ace4059
05-20-16, 22:01
Well, the M4-SML as arrived for the review. First impressions are that all the "little details" are perfect; the fit is as good as any I've seen.

Snapped some quick pics but it'll on the range this weekend for the beginning of the real evaluation.

Is the castle nut staked? My cousin bought one a few months ago and was showing it to me and that's the first thing I noticed. I didn't look at the carrier staking but yours looks good.

SOLGW
05-21-16, 11:44
Is the castle nut staked? My cousin bought one a few months ago and was showing it to me and that's the first thing I noticed. I didn't look at the carrier staking but yours looks good.

I'll let MrGunsandGear confirm this...but aggressive staking on the castle nut and gas key is critical and one of things beaten in to our armorers.

Every rifle that leaves here will be staked, so I'll assume this one is too.

Mrgunsngear
05-21-16, 12:06
I'll let MrGunsandGear confirm this...but aggressive staking on the castle nut and gas key is critical and one of things beaten in to our armorers.

It's actually staked in 2x places.

ace4059
05-21-16, 13:25
Next time I see him I'll look at the bcg to see if it's staked. I just didn't want to start "taking it apart" because he is the type that would freak out.
Maybe he changed the castle nut and end plate for some reason.
His is a basic version with a fsb and fde magpul furniture. I do not remember what end plate it had or if it was a QD. It did just have a basic charging handle.

SOLGW
05-21-16, 15:57
Next time I see him I'll look at the bcg to see if it's staked. I just didn't want to start "taking it apart" because he is the type that would freak out.
His is a basic version with a fsb and fde magpul furniture. I do not remember what end plate it had or if it was a QD. It did just have a basic charging handle.

Then, that's not a factory gun.

Everyone of our armorers must work as an intern for a few months before we ever turn them loose...and we have several redundancy points of inspection before a gun leaves. Staking is actually one of the ways we identify our rifles as being a factory gun. When I say it's beaten into our guys, I'm being serious. It's one of things that separates a good company from trash peddlers.
Same with barrel dimpling, thread treatments etc...

Mrgunsngear
05-22-16, 21:43
http://i.imgur.com/RkpTNMcl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4UinVgIl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OoqdBWBl.jpg

Running well so far!

Mrgunsngear
05-29-16, 07:06
http://i.imgur.com/p4Xvhosl.jpg

Still going strong. Shot a bunch of different rounds through it yesterday for 5 shot groups. All, even range ammo, were sub 2'' and most much better.

BuzzinSATX
05-30-16, 09:17
http://i.imgur.com/p4Xvhosl.jpg

Still going strong. Shot a bunch of different rounds through it yesterday for 5 shot groups. All, even range ammo, were sub 2'' and most much better.

Cool! Looking forward to your video review. Out of curiosity, what is your typical ratio of filming to video length? I'm guessing you put a lot of video together and edit the heck out of it to end up with your final reviews. The quality of your reviews is obvious, and appreciated for sure.

Mrgunsngear
05-30-16, 20:19
Cool! Looking forward to your video review. Out of curiosity, what is your typical ratio of filming to video length? I'm guessing you put a lot of video together and edit the heck out of it to end up with your final reviews. The quality of your reviews is obvious, and appreciated for sure.

I don't know that there's a ratio per se. But, unless it's a new product/gun that has a time sensitive aspect to it, I shoot TONS of video and just cut most of it. I could easily make 45-60 min videos if I wanted with the footage I have but I don't think people want that.

HeruMew
05-31-16, 11:34
I don't know that there's a ratio per se. But, unless it's a new product/gun that has a time sensitive aspect to it, I shoot TONS of video and just cut most of it. I could easily make 45-60 min videos if I wanted with the footage I have but I don't think people want that.

Regardless, thanks for all you do in your reviews!

I truly think that this type of media can really benefit SOLGW and get them to a "known" status, and it seems their popularity is growing every day.

To Gunsngear, I am excited to see your indepth review. I know I don't mind watching long videos, but the youtube community moves so quickly, it's understandable to keep them "to-the-point".

Nonetheless, thanks as always for taking the time to make a legitimate review, and I appreciate your continued investment of time and energy. (Really enjoyed your recent video on painting. That fits the standard very well you've discussed/mentioned.)

Thanks, again, whole heartily to SOLGW for extending their product to Gunsngear for a review. The community would be stuck with word of mouth or hearsay otherwise. (or the good 'ol rent before you buy)

PapaFoxtrot
05-31-16, 22:24
I added a SOLGW BCG to my spares. Haven't installed or fired it yet, but there was no question that it was individually tested, since it had the carbon (which I removed), brassing, and rub marks to prove it, exactly as it should. They sent a hat too... very cool skull and bones logo to go with the great company name, which is critical for swag. :cool:

http://i.imgur.com/bWeHHgF.jpg (http://imgur.com/bWeHHgF)
http://i.imgur.com/FqMoh4c.jpg (http://imgur.com/FqMoh4c)
http://i.imgur.com/cuoJVqV.jpg (http://imgur.com/cuoJVqV)
http://i.imgur.com/PZ33kSh.jpg (http://imgur.com/PZ33kSh)
http://i.imgur.com/0JSs9ra.jpg (http://imgur.com/0JSs9ra)
http://i.imgur.com/HMla60q.jpg (http://imgur.com/HMla60q)
http://i.imgur.com/JdKaiRY.jpg (http://imgur.com/JdKaiRY)
http://i.imgur.com/5MPOQB1.jpg (http://imgur.com/5MPOQB1)
http://i.imgur.com/PzvxeS8.jpg (http://imgur.com/PzvxeS8)

Mrgunsngear
06-01-16, 22:29
I added a SOLGW BCG to my spares. Haven't installed or fired it yet, but there was no question that it was individually tested, since it had the carbon (which I removed), brassing, and rub marks to prove it, exactly as it should. They sent a hat too... very cool skull and bones logo to go with the great company name, which is critical for swag. :cool:

I kid you not----the guy at the LGS that did my transfer said he liked the hat, and I really only wear like 2 baseball hats, so I said he could have it. So he wears it home and his wife tells him she likes it and that it turns her on. He said he wears around the house all the time now :D

Steve-0-
06-01-16, 23:06
I kid you not----the guy at the LGS that did my transfer said he liked the hat, and I really only wear like 2 baseball hats, so I said he could have it. So he wears it home and his wife tells him she likes it and that it turns her on. He said he wears around the house all the time now :D

Haha, their swag game is legit. SOLGW are great dudes making good carbines... well maybe not as good as mine, haha.

civiliansheepdog
06-02-16, 20:46

I bet he does!!! LOL! Looking forward to the review.

Endur
06-03-16, 01:08
Looking very promising. Good stuff.

ace4059
06-05-16, 22:02

Then, that's not a factory gun.

Everyone of our armorers must work as an intern for a few months before we ever turn them loose...and we have several redundancy points of inspection before a gun leaves. Staking is actually one of the ways we identify our rifles as being a factory gun. When I say it's beaten into our guys, I'm being serious. It's one of things that separates a good company from trash peddlers.
Same with barrel dimpling, thread treatments etc...

Lets make this clear.... I am not trying to start anything. I am just doing a follow up.

I talked to my cousin today at a family BBQ and he said it was a completed rifle that he bought from the factory and he did not do any mods to the gun. He did not have the gun with him but if I remember correctly the end plate was a regular one. Not a QD end plate.
He said he bought it on a black Friday sale last year for $799, said regular price at the time was $999.
But the castle nut was not staked. So maybe it slipped through. But the gun itself, looked top notch. I asked why he chose this brand and he said because he knows one of the owners of SOLGW and y'all do great work. He also said he sent in an upper and lower and y'all built a gun for him.

308Operator
06-07-16, 13:18
Y'all still doing the M4C discount, just tired to use the code and it didn't work. TIA

SOLGW
06-07-16, 21:01
Y'all still doing the M4C discount, just tired to use the code and it didn't work. TIA
It had expired at the beginning of the month.
It's active again.

SOLGW
06-07-16, 21:03

Thanks for noticing that and understanding why we do things that way.
You'd be surprised at some folks complaining about the BCG being "used".
Test fire is critical. You can check out the process on our FB page.

MajorLonghorn
06-14-16, 23:20
Coupon still good? Getting ready to order.

Edit: never mind. I went one page back and I saw that the coupon was reactivated last week. Thanks.

ScreaminSS01
06-14-16, 23:36
It worked for me a few hours ago. I'm impressed with their knowledge and their commitment to their customers. I placed an order for a complete M4 lower with A5 and their fighting trigger and a stripped upper. I'm looking forward to trying the A5 system.

MajorLonghorn
06-15-16, 23:44
Ordered an upper earlier tonight. Looking forward to putting it through its paces!

ICBM556
06-16-16, 17:52
Ordered some spare extractors and other misc. spare parts yesterday, thanks for the coupon code SOLGW.

MajorLonghorn
06-16-16, 18:07
Has anyone had any direct contact with SOLGW recently? I ordered an upper online last night, but I emailed them immediately afterwards because I want to upgrade to an adjustable gas block and their web store didn't give me that option. No response to the email nearly 24 hours later now, call went to voicemail, and PM here went unanswered.

ICBM556
06-16-16, 18:22
Has anyone had any direct contact with SOLGW recently? I ordered an upper online last night, but I emailed them immediately afterwards because I want to upgrade to an adjustable gas block and their web store didn't give me that option. No response to the email nearly 24 hours later now, call went to voicemail, and PM here went unanswered.

I did try to call them yesterday before I placed my order to ask a question and got v mail also. I haven't received a shipping confirmation, so I am assuming there swamped due to recent events. They do post on this thread so once again they may be behind.

lrc
06-16-16, 19:49
I talked to Mike at SOLGW via email at the beginning of may about an engraved lower and sent the details he asked for and never got a response after. Ended up ordering lower elsewhere. They must have got swamped before recent events. Must have been all the initial positive feedback on m4c.

solgw07
06-17-16, 00:05
Hey guys,

I think I got back to everyone that emailed me. We have been a bit slammed this week but we are trying to respond to emails as quick as we can. If I missed anyone I apologize. We are getting orders out as quick as we can. 95% of what got order this week will be out by this time next week. We are building guns as fast as we can while throwing beers at the walkins to keep them busy.

Kyle

MajorLonghorn
06-17-16, 00:08
I got my request addressed earlier this evening. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Rated21R
06-17-16, 10:04
So far so good, ordered parts, shipped quick, good prices, I will certainly be doing more business with them in the future.

BuzzinSATX
06-17-16, 10:37
Hey guys,

I think I got back to everyone that emailed me. We have been a bit slammed this week but we are trying to respond to emails as quick as we can. If I missed anyone I apologize. We are getting orders out as quick as we can. 95% of what got order this week will be out by this time next week. We are building guns as fast as we can while throwing beers at the walkins to keep them busy.

Kyle

Dang Kyle, I might just be walking in tonight. Y'all got a limit on the free beers?

Just kidding, but I do plan on calling Mike with an order soon. Glad y'all are doing so well. Still very happy with my lower y'all built a few years ago!

Take Care,

Buzz

SOLGW
06-17-16, 22:01
I talked to Mike at SOLGW via email at the beginning of may about an engraved lower and sent the details he asked for and never got a response after. Ended up ordering lower elsewhere. They must have got swamped before recent events. Must have been all the initial positive feedback on m4c.
I didn't see the follow up email. It must have gotten buried.
Apologies for that.
If we can ever help you in the future, remind me of this and we'll make it up to you.

Mike

lrc
06-18-16, 17:22
Apologies for that.
If we can ever help you in the future, remind me of this and we'll make it up to you.

Mike

Mike
I sent another email and a pm

Thanks

lrc

RazorBurn
06-30-16, 11:57
I just ordered a complete upper from SOLGW. Thanks Mike for the M4C coupon code! I had e-mailed Kyle yesterday evening and he returned my e-mail promptly this morning. Also called this morning before I placed my order and the guy who answered the phone was very helpful too. I'll be buying more things down the road as funds allow, and I can't wait to get my complete upper! Also thanks to the OP who brought another solid company to my attention.

lahunter57
06-30-16, 12:58
I must say, I've had an excellent experience with SOLGW. I ordered an 11.5" upper from them and when I received it I proceeded to install an ASR muzzle brake. I noticed that the brake wasn't seating against the barrel shoulder and it appeared to me that the threads may have been slightly out of spec. I PM'd Mike and he responded quickly and even gave me his personal cell number. He was very interested because they hadn't seen this issue before. He proceeded to take care of me and sent me a return label. The upper is on its way back to them so they can assess the issue and they are even going to install the brake for me. I'll update when I get it back, but I have no doubt that I will be taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eurodriver
06-30-16, 13:31
Looking at their 10.5" East India Starter Kit upper...

"Gas Block: .750″ Gas Block Journal with appropriately sized gas port"

What is an "appropriately sized gas port" on a 10.5" barrel according to SOLGW?

Iraqgunz
06-30-16, 15:57
Why don't you ask them?

MajorLonghorn
06-30-16, 16:11
They probably use different size ports for different barrel lengths and just use a general description for all.

SOLGW
06-30-16, 16:19

We use .074 gas port on 10.5.
We opened .02 above crane since there's no such thing as PMC bronze in the SEAL Teams...lol

What we didn't want to do is blow it out so that it could not be run suppressed without an adjustable block.

Eurodriver
06-30-16, 16:24
That's fantastic. Thanks for the response and great port size.

MajorLonghorn
06-30-16, 17:28
Upgraded my upper order to a full rifle, plus Sniper Grey Cerakote. The finished product should be friggin' awesome!

SOLGW
06-30-16, 18:23
Upgraded my upper order to a full rifle, plus Sniper Grey Cerakote. The finished product should be friggin' awesome!
You'll dig it.

lrc
06-30-16, 21:41
Apologies for that.

Mike

Just a follow up on my original post. After Mike saw that my original emails got buried, Mike gave me his personal cell phone # and personally saw my order through. Now that's customer service.
Quality and customer care doesn't get any better. Big thumbs up for SOLGW

RazorBurn
07-07-16, 15:02
Just wondering if the "M4C" coupon code is going to be renewed this month? I'm looking at ordering some more items.

SOLGW
07-09-16, 19:47
Just wondering if the "M4C" coupon code is going to be renewed this month? I'm looking at ordering some more items.
It's live until the end of August

ICBM556
07-09-16, 19:55
SOLGW, can you guys build me a 11.5" barrel with a keymod rail?

SOLGW
07-09-16, 20:03
SOLGW, can you guys build me a 11.5" barrel with a keymod rail?
Of course...but why keymod?
MLOK we can bang out asap. Keymod will take a bit longer since we've kind of phased it out.
I'll have to have one made...but it's not a problem if you don't mind waiting a few weeks.

ICBM556
07-09-16, 20:07
MLOK we can bang out asap. Keymod will take a bit longer since we've kind of phased it out.
I'll have to have one made...but it's not a problem if you don't mind waiting a few weeks.
orum.?

Can I send you an email with this info and can you give me pricing? I will reference my ID on this forum. Can you verify email and I will send it now. Thanks

SOLGW
07-09-16, 20:40
Can I send you an email with this info and can you give me pricing? I will reference my ID on this forum. Can you verify email and I will send it now. Thanks
Mike@sonsoflibertygw.com

I'm in Hawaii right now. I'll get back with you on Monday.

RazorBurn
07-23-16, 16:10
Just want to give a shout out to Mike and Kyle at Sons Of Liberty. I bought an East India upper from them over the fourth of July weekend. I didn't pay attention that it didn't come with a delta ring assembly. As this upper was for a plain jane no frill build I contacted them to see if I could send it back and have them install the delta ring assembly for me. They did, and I'm very happy with the excellent customer service I received. Great guys to deal with! I can't wait to get it to the range and try it out.

PapaFoxtrot
07-23-16, 16:40
Following up about the SOLGW BCG in my previous post-

I installed it in my newly assembled VLTØR MUR-1a upper/ST 16" Mid CHF barrel/ALG EMR-V3 M-Lok rail/Phantom FH/Aimpoint Comp M4.

450+ trouble free, smooth, flawless functioning, accurate rounds down range so far.

Why do guys buy those wannabe BCGs when they can have a Microbest? To save a few bucks?

MajorLonghorn
07-28-16, 19:55
I rolled into San Antonio about an hour ago and hit SOLGW to pick up my sweet custom build. I didn't make it to their shop before closing, but Mike stayed open and waited for me. Not only that, but he handed me a cold beer the minute I walked in. If that wasn't enough, he even threw in a couple of free shirts! These guys have an awesome product, but even better customer service.

Infidel1911
08-11-16, 06:46

Just curious, why phase out keymod? I have both keymod and M-Lok rails, I do prefer M-Lok. This is the 3rd time I've stumbled upon the talk of phasing out keymod.

SOLGW
08-11-16, 07:50
Just curious, why phase out keymod? I have both keymod and M-Lok rails, I do prefer M-Lok. This is the 3rd time I've stumbled upon the talk of phasing out keymod.
I think MLOK is a more solid mounting system... it's also the direction the industry is going.
Finally, it helps us simplify our sku's. Keeping both types of rails in every length in stock is harder to do.

PS... I think they look cooler, too ;-)

Infidel1911
08-11-16, 07:56
I concur, M-Lok rails are more aesthetically pleasing. M-Lok doesn't look like industrial storage racks. I've read they are lighter and easier to machine than keymod as well, which makes since.

RichinVA
08-11-16, 08:17
I just received a SOLGW BCG the other day, will try it out over the weekend. Looks and feels like nice stuff.

Jliddle
08-11-16, 08:25
Tracking number on my 11.5 upper says it should be here by the end of the day. Love that you guys use 2 day Priority!

Also wanting to get a 300BLK upper configured as well. Many good things to be had from SOLGW.

ccosby
08-11-16, 09:17
Any plans to make a gi style 20 inch upper?

SOLGW
08-11-16, 09:22
Any plans to make a gi style 20 inch upper?
We make them on request.

Not really a production gun, but I enjoy doing it. I usually do those myself after hours when I send the crew home.

Jliddle
08-12-16, 16:18
Received my 11.5 East India today. Already had a 10" KMR. Here's a few pics I snapped along the way. Fit and finish is excellent, right on par with my Colt lower. I did notice that when the bolt goes all the way forward there is a more pronounced "ting" or metallic sound vs my 6920/moe upper. Possibly a harmonics thing with the aluminum guard and smaller barrel.

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp347/jliddle_album/DC6D9B0A-72C7-4CD9-8431-A1096BF6CD08_zpsyxah906q.jpg (http://s426.photobucket.com/user/jliddle_album/media/DC6D9B0A-72C7-4CD9-8431-A1096BF6CD08_zpsyxah906q.jpg.html)

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp347/jliddle_album/83E852A2-2125-4609-A2A4-4A5F5F98B84D_zpsgbdclndz.jpg (http://s426.photobucket.com/user/jliddle_album/media/83E852A2-2125-4609-A2A4-4A5F5F98B84D_zpsgbdclndz.jpg.html)

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp347/jliddle_album/EA57591F-0468-4B51-B6E1-5BC2D8E0E224_zpskq5jdqcm.jpg (http://s426.photobucket.com/user/jliddle_album/media/EA57591F-0468-4B51-B6E1-5BC2D8E0E224_zpskq5jdqcm.jpg.html)

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp347/jliddle_album/700ACAE3-700E-406E-9E51-136C2D840546_zps5jwejtds.jpg (http://s426.photobucket.com/user/jliddle_album/media/700ACAE3-700E-406E-9E51-136C2D840546_zps5jwejtds.jpg.html)

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp347/jliddle_album/3345448D-04DC-4783-91F2-781FAC451E74_zpsxiwcplh7.jpg (http://s426.photobucket.com/user/jliddle_album/media/3345448D-04DC-4783-91F2-781FAC451E74_zpsxiwcplh7.jpg.html)

VIP3R 237
08-12-16, 16:28
I would bet my left nut those are Ballistic Advantage barrels.

methical20
08-12-16, 18:09
Thought they were Rainier Arms barrels.

ICBM556
08-12-16, 18:46

I just bought a Andro corp upper with a BA barrel and it is stellar. If they are using BA barrels They are good to go.

SOLGW
08-12-16, 19:09
If you think you can buy an SOLGW barrel from ba invest in a pin guage set and let me know how that turns out.

SOLGW
08-12-16, 19:10
Thought they were Rainier Arms barrels.
When hammer forged barrels are requested we'll use a Rainer mountain series.

BMWguy206
08-26-16, 01:05
Is the M4C discount code still valid? I just tried it tonight and it said the discount has reached its usage limit.

SOLGW
08-26-16, 01:10
Is the M4C discount code still valid? I just tried it tonight and it said the discount has reached its usage limit.
Should be active until the end of August.

RichinVA
08-26-16, 15:24
Discount is still working..........:)

jpmuscle
08-26-16, 17:34
SOLGW,

What's the gas port sizing on the 10.5 barrel?

Disregard I found it. .074.

ETA: would it be possible to order a 10.3 barrel? Splitting hairs I know.

RichinVA
08-27-16, 07:49
SOLGW stripped lower on the way......

SOLGW Mk 10 Pro on the way.......

A big thanks to Randi for going above and beyond......

dramabeats
08-30-16, 23:26
I really want to order an East India Starter kit, but that barrel just a little heavy

As Bill Blowers would say "If your arms look like they should have stickers on them that say 98c a pound..."

Please make a tapered light weight barrel! I bet the market is there :P

Steve-0-
08-31-16, 00:30
cjBLuTwT6mM
I really want to order an East India Starter kit, but that barrel just a little heavy

As Bill Blowers would say "If your arms look like they should have stickers on them that say 98c a pound..."

Please make a tapered light weight barrel! I bet the market is there :P

Words of advice....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjBLuTwT6mM

dramabeats
08-31-16, 00:54
Trust me, I'm working on it!

Texas A&M charges me anyway for the Gym, might as well use it

RazorBurn
09-02-16, 18:55
Will there be a coupon code this month? M4C isn't working now.

SOLGW
09-04-16, 08:14
Will there be a coupon code this month? M4C isn't working now.
It's a one time use code...

Shhhh...I didn't tell you this...but you can make another account ;-)

dobe
09-04-16, 09:49
cjBLuTwT6mM

Words of advice....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjBLuTwT6mM

That's funny. It's also one of my favorites.

“We used to carry knives,” he said. “Now we have to carry keys.” China Fences In Its Nomads, and an Ancient Life Withers; Andrew Jacobs; New York Times; July 12, 2015.

Eurodriver
09-04-16, 11:25
One thing I appreciate about SOLGW is they respond if you have questions.

Some companies that post on M4C never reply to PMs/Emails (both). It's confusing because they're always straightforward questions, and I'm essentially throwing money at them I just want to know about compatibility/ETAs/etc. PMs don't go to spam, and if I've sent two of your employees that regularly post on M4C PMs and sent an email to the main address on your site, yet 2 months later not received an answer your company won't see any of my money ever simply out of principle.

brianc142
09-04-16, 12:33
One thing I appreciate about SOLGW is they respond if you have questions.

Some companies that post on M4C never reply to PMs/Emails (both). It's confusing because they're always straightforward questions, and I'm essentially throwing money at them I just want to know about compatibility/ETAs/etc. PMs don't go to spam, and if I've sent two of your employees that regularly post on M4C PMs and sent an email to the main address on your site, yet 2 months later not received an answer your company won't see any of my money ever simply out of principle.
This is the quickest way to lose my business. It happened to me recently. Three separate emails sent with no reply when I'm trying to buy something. When I'm ready to buy, I'm ready to buy and will gladly pay a higher price for better customer service. Businesses can make all the excuses in the world for this, but a a consumer, customer service means everything to me.

ICBM556
09-04-16, 18:19
This is the quickest way to lose my business. It happened to me recently. Three separate emails sent with no reply when I'm trying to buy something. When I'm ready to buy, I'm ready to buy and will gladly pay a higher price for better customer service. Businesses can make all the excuses in the world for this, but a a consumer, customer service means everything to me.

Amen, said it all, lock this thread.

jiggaky
09-07-16, 20:23
It's a one time use code...

Shhhh...I didn't tell you this...but you can make another account ;-)

The "M4C" code is 5% off this month. Can we get it back to 10%? Pretty please!!

BuzzinSATX
09-08-16, 05:19
The "M4C" code is 5% off this month. Can we get it back to 10%? Pretty please!!

A young firearms company doing things right, trying to establishing themselves by selling quality gear at very fair prices, offer you a 5% discount, and instead of saying "thank you", you ask (beg...) them to double it?

austinN4
09-08-16, 07:10
A young firearms company doing things right, trying to establishing themselves by selling quality gear at very fair prices, offer you a 5% discount, and instead of saying "thank you", you ask (beg...) them to double it?

On his first post no less!

jiggaky
09-08-16, 10:34
On his first post no less!

Valid points, but they initiated the offer at 10% and said it was still available, but it wasn't.

Secondly, I am the definition of a lurker. I like to read, process, and move on. Many others have far more knowledge to share than I.

SOLGW
09-08-16, 12:34
Valid points, but they initiated the offer at 10% and said it was still available, but it wasn't.

Secondly, I am the definition of a lurker. I like to read, process, and move on. Many others have far more knowledge to share than I.
It wasn't ever supposed to be indefinite.
If you haven't noticed, we're on the cusp of another major rush.
We'll still keep a discount for M4C. I really like this group...and we'll never hike prices...but we're ramping up right now to meet the coming onslaught

HeruMew
09-08-16, 12:47
It wasn't ever supposed to be indefinite.
If you haven't noticed, we're on the cusp of another major rush.
We'll still keep a discount for M4C. I really like this group...and we'll never hike prices...but we're ramping up right now to meet the coming onslaught

And thank you for doing so!

Manufacturers are in for a rough ride this go around, it's gunna be hell.

Good news is, hopefully Business will boom for yah Mike.

While a curse, in the sense of work load, orders to fill, staffing, and over time, I have confidence that your products will only continue to grow through the word of mouth that continues to push your product.

Godspeed in the times to come.

Grizzly16
09-09-16, 09:26

Just compare their offerings to offerings of similar quality and similarly equipped. They are already cheaper even with out a discount. Then getting 5% on top will feel better.

Sonny82
09-09-16, 14:52
This is my first post, mostly lurk and read. Thanks to this thread I just ordered the SOLGW BCG instead of the BCM I was planning on buying. Great deal, and the discount code worked.

Antsy
09-10-16, 17:38
I ordered a rifle from SOLGW on Aug 7, and it finally arrived today and using a star rating, I would give them a 3/5. It took just over a month, but they did say one of their machines had broke and it took some time to get the replacement parts to finish the build. I was surprised to find them easier to get in contact with through PM's on this site than their own company e-mail. One modification I had done, was to change out the Magpul MOE grip for a Magpul MAID (MIssion ADaptable), but the adaptable part of the grips is missing because the replaceable front and rear straps didn't make the trip with the rest of the rifle.

As for the swag that came with it, i.e. the stickers a stuff, well the rifle must have moved quite a bit is shipping because that stuff came out looking like a dog had chewed them. I'm not a big fan of stickers to begin with so that didn't go into my 3/5 rating, just bringing it up to let them know. Some customers may really like stickers and could get upset about getting them in bad shape.

As for the rifle, it looks solid and hopefully in a few days I can get it to the range and put some rounds through it. And if it performs as well as I expect it to, I should be able to add 1, maybe 1 1/2 stars to the rating. Would I order from SOLGW again? Most definitely.

SOLGW
09-10-16, 20:58
I ordered a rifle from SOLGW on Aug 7, and it finally arrived today and using a star rating, I would give them a 3/5. It took just over a month, but they did say one of their machines had broke and it took some time to get the replacement parts to finish the build. I was surprised to find them easier to get in contact with through PM's on this site than their own company e-mail. One modification I had done, was to change out the Magpul MOE grip for a Magpul MAID (MIssion ADaptable), but the adaptable part of the grips is missing because the replaceable front and rear straps didn't make the trip with the rest of the rifle.

As for the swag that came with it, i.e. the stickers a stuff, well the rifle must have moved quite a bit is shipping because that stuff came out looking like a dog had chewed them. I'm not a big fan of stickers to begin with so that didn't go into my 3/5 rating, just bringing it up to let them know. Some customers may really like stickers and could get upset about getting them in bad shape.

As for the rifle, it looks solid and hopefully in a few days I can get it to the range and put some rounds through it. And if it performs as well as I expect it to, I should be able to add 1, maybe 1 1/2 stars to the rating. Would I order from SOLGW again? Most definitely.
PM or email me direct and we'll get those backstraps out to you asap.
Enjoy the rifle.

Check out that deck of cards it came with. Jeff Gonzalez made those. Every card is an individual shooting drill.
It's legit.
Also, look behind the foam in the case for your cert.
Mike@sonsoflibertygw.com

stnwl
09-12-16, 10:33
This is my first post, mostly lurk and read. Thanks to this thread I just ordered the SOLGW BCG instead of the BCM I was planning on buying. Great deal, and the discount code worked.

Also my first post. Was really sold on BCM for a lightweight 14.5 rifle as my first ar. Started reading this thread and was impressed with how solgw presents themselves. Really like how modular and customizable their ordering is (can only imagine how much of a pain that is when managing inventory). They seem to really, really love what they are doing and take an immense amount of pride in it. At the end of the day I'm sticking with BCM due to the ELW barrel and cost, but I'll be watching SOGLW like a hawk for my next rifle.

Eurodriver
09-14-16, 07:33
I ordered a rifle from SOLGW on Aug 7, and it finally arrived today and using a star rating, I would give them a 3/5.

So you haven't even shot the thing and you're reviewing it and giving it stars?? Isn't that like going to a car lot, sitting in a new Benz, and then reviewing it without even having the key?

For me, SOLGW has been a welcome addition to a flooded market of "as good as", especially suppressed. With a Gemtech BCG it is fantastic, and the accuracy at 300 yards with Wolf Gold is more than adequate.

Antsy
09-14-16, 13:22
So you haven't even shot the thing and you're reviewing it and giving it stars?? Isn't that like going to a car lot, sitting in a new Benz, and then reviewing it without even having the key?

For me, SOLGW has been a welcome addition to a flooded market of "as good as", especially suppressed. With a Gemtech BCG it is fantastic, and the accuracy at 300 yards with Wolf Gold is more than adequate.

I start the post with a "star" review of 3/5 then go on to mention a few thing in the ordering and customer service part of the experience that wasn't 100%. Nothing I wrote about should be taken as condemnation of SOLGW, but should be file under shit happen and no one is perfect. Did it take longer than expected, yes it did, but they had custom equipment break and it took time to get the replacement part. They had no control over that. They left out part of the grip, but the gun has a grip and is a complete rifle, so I did receive what I ordered (Mike immediately got in contact with me and the rest of the grip was mailed that day) Nothing i mentioned was a major knock on the company, just minor inconveniences. But they were deficiencies, however minor, and had to be deducted from a perfect score.

In the last paragraph I stated "And if it performs as well as I expect it to, I should be able to add 1, maybe 1 1/2 stars to the rating", did you see what I did there, I indicated that the review wasn't complete and would be finished after I completed the entire evaluation. That means there is a possible 4 1/2 out of 5 star review on the way. Do you think any company or potential customer would take that review as anything but very positive? I finish with "Would I order from SOLGW again? Most definitely." High Praise indeed.

So to barrow your analogy, it's like going to a car lot, sitting in a new Benz, telling the dealer you will take it, but you want the wheels change for a different style. They discover the special lug wrench they use is broken and will have to order a new one. Finally the equipment comes in, they change the wheels, delivers the car, but one of the wheels is missing the cap that covers the lugs. Which they immediately send to you. In the meantime, you haven't had time to drive the car, but you write a review of the car buying experience so far, clearly stating, it's only a partial review and will be finished later.

Could I have waited to do a complete review? Yes, but so far not even Mike has expressed and negative opinion of my post( and I have spoken to him since then), so you can just get over it.. or don't.

Eurodriver
09-14-16, 13:24
Could I have waited to do a complete review? Yes, but so far not even Mike has expressed and negative opinion of my post( and I have spoken to him since then), so you can just get over it.. or don't.

That's because Mike has class. I don't.

Antsy
09-14-16, 13:28

A statement not in dispute.

BufordTJustice
09-14-16, 23:49
Lol. 😎

Furbyballer
09-15-16, 07:56
Well I just got in line for one of their 308s. I picked them over DD because I get exactly what I wanted (aka not keymod or proprietary stuff). Also picked up an upper and lower from them. Can't wait to get them out at the range.

13mike
09-28-16, 19:34
Does anybody have any report on there mk 10 308 line. They look very attractive.

SOLGW How long have you offered them and how many are out in the wild.

SOLGW
09-28-16, 22:19
Does anybody have any report on there mk 10 308 line. They look very attractive.

We usually release those in limited runs.
Oddly, the last 20 or so we built were for Team Guys.
I'm very proud of those rifles. Those BCGs we use are made by LMT. We've done a lot of research and testing to perfect those gas ports. They're tough lightweight rifles. Tuned right. Like our 556 rifles we're using A5 tubes, sprinco action springs but with mil spec H2 buffers.

RichinVA
09-29-16, 03:24

I have one on order.

MartinOwen
09-29-16, 05:27
400 round test yesterday. The rounds were fired at a pace of about one round a sec.

The recoil impulse is good and the rifle is fairly well balanced. The rifle comes stock with an birdcage on it, so you can upgrade and get further recoil reduction. On my personal rifles I run a Surefire Warcomp and feel it would be a good edition to this rifle and make it even sweeter to shoot.

The rail was solid in terms of heat retention. It wasn't until I got to about 150 rounds that I could not longer hold the rifle without a glove. I then made it to be about 280 before I had to brace the rifle off the palm of my hand on the bottom pic rail and then at 310 I had to go straight to the mag due to heat.

The rifle performed solid, albeit 1 malfunction. The ejection pattern didn't get erratic and the rifle maintained it's pace. Prior to the review starting the rifle was cleaned and lubed with Slip EWL. I did not add any extra lube to the rifle prior to this 400 round test.

Furbyballer
09-29-16, 05:39
I have a mk10 on order as well. Looking forward to getting it.

RichinVA
09-29-16, 07:29
Martin,

Which rifle is this?

masenomics
09-29-16, 08:35
I'm very proud of those rifles. Those BCGs we use are made by LMT. We've done a lot of research and testing to perfect those gas ports. They're tough lightweight rifles. Tuned right. Like our 556 rifles we're using A5 tubes, sprinco action springs but with mil spec H2 buffers.

Excuse me if it has already been discussed, but where do you guys source your 308 heavy match barrels from? I'm very interested in trying the 20", Thank you in advance.

scooter22
09-29-16, 10:07
Does anyone have experience with their 10.5" uppers?

SOLGW
09-29-16, 10:11
Does anyone have experience with their 10.5" uppers?
What would you like to know?

scooter22
09-29-16, 10:14
What would you like to know?

Looking for gas port size, and any user experience when running suppressed.

SOLGW
09-29-16, 10:15
Looking for gas port size, and any user experience when running suppressed.

As for end user experience I'll let somebody else answer.
I might appear a bit biased ;-)

13mike
09-29-16, 12:23
I'm very proud of those rifles. Those BCGs we use are made by LMT. We've done a lot of research and testing to perfect those gas ports. They're tough lightweight rifles. Tuned right. Like our 556 rifles we're using A5 tubes, sprinco action springs but with mil spec H2

What kind of life expectancy is ther with the gas rings and bolt. This will be my first AR 10

al800
09-29-16, 19:27
Just ordered a LPK w/ fightin trigger, another BCG and H2. Excited to try the LPK on a new "budget" build.

BCG is a know quantity. Nice to just click buy without needing to nitpick all the specs. It's my second SOLGW BCG, and it just works.

SOLGW
09-29-16, 21:11
Just ordered a LPK w/ fightin trigger, another BCG and H2. Excited to try the LPK on a new "budget" build.

BCG is a know quantity. Nice to just click buy without needing to nitpick all the specs. It's my second SOLGW BCG, and it just works.
Solid, man! We'll get it out asap...

That lpk is solid. It's not the MIM trash in about 95% of commercial components. You'll see when you get it.

Thanks for choosing us, dude!

MeanCarbine
10-04-16, 18:51
Pat Mac stamp of approval. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDEPJfYK_xc

SOLGW
10-04-16, 19:54
Pat Mac stamp of approval. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDEPJfYK_xc
That dude is a Beast!!

al800
10-04-16, 21:02
LPK and BCG received and installed. You weren't kidding, the LPK is high quality. The trigger guard is flat. if that's not your thing be advised.

Liberty trigger is definitely a step-up from the usual mil-spec generic trigger. The break is clean and good positive reset. There is a little creep up front, but that's to be expected, and it's not problematic. Weight "feels" about right, but don't have a gauge on hand.

The BCG looks good, nice aggressive staking. Bass mark on the bolt, all good there. It arrives in a vacuum-sealed bag. Mine was absolutely soaked in oil, no issues there. I'm curious as to what oil was used however.

SOLGW
10-04-16, 21:20
LPK and BCG received and installed. You weren't kidding, the LPK is high quality. The trigger guard is flat. if that's not your thing be advised.

Liberty trigger is definitely a step-up from the usual mil-spec generic trigger. The break is clean and good positive reset. There is a little creep up front, but that's to be expected, and it's not problematic. Weight "feels" about right, but don't have a gauge on hand.

The BCG looks good, nice aggressive staking. Bass mark on the bolt, all good there. It arrives in a vacuum-sealed bag. Mine was absolutely soaked in oil, no issues there. I'm curious as to what oil was used however.
Liberty Snake Oil.
Our blend of gun blood ;-)

SOLGW
10-04-16, 22:43

Btw...all the lpks are customizable.
Folks can select whichever trigger guard they like on the other packages.
There's several options for grips, triggers, selectors etc.

I use mostly our standard lpk I'm my personal guns, but there are a ton of options.

Check out "blaster guts" on the website. You'll see what I mean.

dobe
10-05-16, 04:07
Alright, that's a cool video.

Furbyballer
10-05-16, 05:24
I got my shipping confirmation that my upper is on its way. Good news. Just in time for hurricane Mathew to screw with all shipping to FL. Bad News. Hopefully it gets to my place before everything gets nuts.

nightchief
10-10-16, 04:24
SOLGW,

Are you still selling stripped uppers?

Thank you,
NC

SOLGW
10-10-16, 08:33
Yes we are.

nightchief
10-10-16, 20:17
Would you send me a link? I'm sure it's me, but I cannot find it on the website...

NC

Yes we are.

K1tt3n5
10-18-16, 23:54
Installed an SOLGW lpk in a lower a few days back. Everything fit perfectly and was definitely one of the nicer looking lpks I've installed. Looking forward to trying more of their products.

Furbyballer
10-23-16, 20:38
Shot 300 rounds through my 11.5 in upper today. Very impressed and i love the rail. Also put their lower on one of my dd uppers, loving the a5 system. Your combat trigger is amazing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SOLGW
10-23-16, 20:41
Shot 300 rounds through my 11.5 in upper today. Very impressed and i love the rail. Also put their lower on one of my dd uppers, loving the a5 system. Your combat trigger is amazing.

Those barrels are gassed right on. Something a lot of companies get wrong. And, yeah...that A5 will spoil you lol.
Glad you're digging it.

foxtrotx1
10-24-16, 18:59
Anyone done any accuracy testing with the 18 inch precision upper?

Furbyballer
10-27-16, 13:05
Got a call today from Mike at SoLGWs and my MK10 is almost finished and should ship out this week or next. So for those of you waiting on them, they should be popping up at FFLs shortly.

K1tt3n5
10-27-16, 14:42
Got a call today from Mike at SoLGWs and my MK10 is almost finished and should ship out this week or next. So for those of you waiting on them, they should be popping up at FFLs shortly.

Awesome! I'm waiting on a call from Mike as well.

RichinVA
10-27-16, 16:52
Picked up my MK10 Pro today..................

Furbyballer
10-28-16, 11:38
SoLGWs is running a deal on one of their 16in mid barrels and a BCG for $249. Holly crap.

RichinVA
10-28-16, 12:08
SoLGWs is running a deal on one of their 16in mid barrels and a BCG for $249. Holly crap.

I don't find that......

Belay last, found it on FB

R

ScreaminSS01
10-28-16, 12:10
SOLGW is top notch. I don't have a complete build but several parts including their lowers, lpk with fighting trigger and bcg. They are quality components that flat out work with no issues.

Link to the barrel and bcg sale.

https://sonsoflibertygunworks.com/products/bcg-and-16-mid-gas-combat-barrel-sale?variant=28035150081

Furbyballer
10-28-16, 12:13
https://sonsoflibertygunworks.com/products/bcg-and-16-mid-gas-combat-barrel-sale?variant=28035150081

Just posted on their facebook page

Springer
10-29-16, 05:40
I couldn't pass that up. Will post my thoughts on it and the other stuff I picked up from them after I have some time to shoot.

Furbyballer
10-29-16, 08:33
I couldn't pass that up. Will post my thoughts on it and the other stuff I picked up from them after I have some time to shoot.

Yeah man. Many of us here have been very surprised at the quality and reliability these guys are putting out. Let us know if you come to the same conclusions.

Mustang31
10-29-16, 09:01

Does anybody have details on the barrel and BCG? When I click the "details tab" from my phone nothing comes up.

Thanks

Furbyballer
10-29-16, 09:03
Does anybody have details on the barrel and BCG? When I click the "details tab" from my phone nothing comes up.

Thanks

Click on their individual purchase pages on their website for their details. This is a one time combo.

C1-2DG
11-05-16, 20:21
Those barrels are gassed right on. Something a lot of companies get wrong. And, yeah...that A5 will spoil you lol.
Glad you're digging it.

What port diameter are these at? I might grab one of these. This is a good deal.

S/F

Furbyballer
11-08-16, 13:21
I continue to be impressed with these guys. My 11.5in upper continues to impress and I built out 2 new builds with their upper and lower receiver parts kits. All the parts were quality and I am very happy with how my builds turned out. However, I am most pleased with their competition trigger. After trying out their combat trigger, I picked up 2 of their competition triggers. Almost 500 rounds through both triggers now and its solid, extremely smooth, and 10x better than the milspec triggers they replaced. $70 for a g2s quality trigger? yes please. My only gripe is that I wish their competition trigger had a more robust reset like their combat trigger.

BuzzinSATX
11-09-16, 07:59
Big shout out to Mike, Kyle, and the crew at Sons of Liberty Gun Works! I am sorry I missed your election night party, and I bet it was a hoot! How about some pics?

Thanks for your unwavering support for President Trump and our US Constitution!

https://www.instagram.com/sonsoflibertygw/?hl=en

K1tt3n5
11-09-16, 11:25
I can not say enough good things about Mike and the crew at Sons of Liberty Gun Works. The upper they put together for me is flawless, and was completed quickly. I'm looking forward to purchasing a 9" 300blk upper from them along with a few more hand guards.

slholman8102
11-10-16, 14:38
So if you had a choice between Sons of Liberty or BCM who would you go with

jpmuscle
11-10-16, 15:47
Whichever is cheaper and the product is more specific to your needs

BuzzinSATX
11-10-16, 15:50

SOLGW will have all my future AR related business. They are a great bunch of local SATX patriots!

Furbyballer
11-10-16, 16:06
Do you like the bcm specific furniture and keymod? If so, grab a bcm if you can find one in stock. If you want to customize everything you want and have it put together by a trusted shop, instead of doing it yourself, go with SoLGWs.

I too am a large fan of the quality this little shop is putting out.

K1tt3n5
11-11-16, 00:20

Sons of liberty gun works. MLOK!

officerX
11-11-16, 12:30

I attempted to use this today and it's no longer valid. (I realize it's 7 months later) Just wondering if there was another code available and when you'd have some stripped lowers back in stock.

SOLGW
11-11-16, 13:30
I attempted to use this today and it's no longer valid. (I realize it's 7 months later) Just wondering if there was another code available and when you'd have some stripped lowers back in stock.
Pm me for code.

officerX
11-11-16, 16:26
Pm me for code.

PM sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WynnS
11-14-16, 10:07
I got my complete lower from SOL last week with the Liberty Fighting Trigger and Vltor A5 stock. I was able to take it out to the range this weekend and test it out. The Liberty Fight Trigger is great, little take up and very crisp with a very distinct reset. The overall finish and fit of the lower is outstanding and worked with Lancer AWM, Okay Industries 30 rounders, D&H, and Magpul Gen3 PMAG. I look forward to putting more rounds through it in the future.

fleeb
11-14-16, 10:45
Have any of you guys had shipping issues with SOLWG? My gun shipped out last Friday from San Antonio (obviously) and it was shipping to a local FFL here in SLC, UT. Unfortunately, USPS marked the item as "delivered" today on "front porch" in San Antonio again.. so now it appears my gun is sitting on someones front porch, and SOLGW apparently is closed today...

SOLGW
11-14-16, 11:04
Your rifle is not sitting on somebody's front porch.
We had a batch of deliveries get returned from USPS because of a label issue.

We're expanding our shipping department to meet demand and to speed up shipping to be the fastest in the industry.

In the last batch of shipments the labels did not account for oversized boxes, or there was a weight issue. USPS contacted us to let us know there was "insufficient postage" on the label for those packages.
New guy mistake....I'll beat him accordingly.
Your rifle will be going out with an overnight label today.

Enjoy the blaster.

fleeb
11-14-16, 11:16
Your rifle is not sitting on somebody's front porch.
We had a batch of deliveries get returned from USPS because of a label issue.

We're expanding our shipping department to meet demand and to speed up shipping to be the fastest in the industry.

In the last batch of shipments the labels did not account for oversized boxes, or there was a weight issue. USPS contacted us to let us know there was "insufficient postage" on the label for those packages.
New guy mistake....I'll beat him accordingly.
Your rifle will be going out with an overnight label today.

Enjoy the blaster.

Thank you so much for the quick reply! Thanks for the heads up I really appreciate it

ace4059
11-14-16, 11:21
^^^ Now that's good CS right there!!!

fleeb
11-14-16, 12:25
Yeah been super impressed with SOLGW so far!

ssc
11-14-16, 14:32
I have been impressed with their CS and products that I have received from them.

Cheers, Steve

rexster314
11-14-16, 14:44

This is my SOLGW gun that I got a couple of weeks ago, built while I waited. Eotech 512 w/laser battery cap added. I call her "sweetness" I've shot a LOT of different AR types over damn near 30 years, this one beats them all. Thanks guys at SOLGW!

Frank_Jameson
11-14-16, 19:54
Just fished this pistol build a few days ago. Purchased almost everything from SOLGW.

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah97/Themooseisloose1/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20161112_184446_zpsbkjhqqmi.jpg (http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/Themooseisloose1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20161112_184446_zpsbkjhqqmi.jpg.html)

UPPER

Stripped upper bought from PSA about two years ago
SOLGW 10.5" carbine gas FSB
Magpul MOE SL handguard
A2 birdcage
SOLGW BCG
Standard charging handle I had laying around
Matech flip up rear sight someone gave me
SOLGW upper parts

LOWER

80% Lower bought locally
VLTOR A5 Receiver Extension, A5H2 & Sprinco Green Spring
B5 Systems grip
SOLGW LPK
KNS anti-rotation pins(normally wouldn't spend the money on these, but figured it wasn't a bad idea considering who built the lower:blink:)

I might not get a chance to shoot it until Christmas, but I'll come back and share the results. Trigger feels very nice from the little bit of dry firing I've done.

ssc
11-16-16, 13:04
Just ordered a BCG from SOL on sale. Looking forward to it. It will be replacing a LMT bcg that has some issues.

Cheers, Steve

fleeb
11-17-16, 12:11
Picked up my M4-SML Rifle with SOLO M-LOK Rail yesterday, can't wait to get out this weekend and put some rounds through it for real.

SOLGW had amazing CS all throughout, and a great product! definitely recommend them as a company to work with

rexster314
11-17-16, 16:31
I'm sure you'll love the rifle as much as I love mine

williejc
11-17-16, 17:42
Can the SOLGW gentleman share with us their technical background? My guess is a mixture of machinists, armorers, and a couple of old school gunsmiths. I too have heard many good things about this company.

SOLGW
11-22-16, 08:05
Can the SOLGW gentleman share with us their technical background? My guess is a mixture of machinists, armorers, and a couple of old school gunsmiths. I too have heard many good things about this company.
You might be a bit disappointed ;-)

I actually don't have any machining or gunsmith background.

That's one of the misconceptions of this industry. Being able to machine a great bolt doesn't mean you know how to make a great rifle. If you look at the leading brands in the industry, they don't make as much in-house as you might think. When I need a spring...I go to the best spring maker in the business...because he does it better than I ever could.
Same with being a great shooter. There's a difference between the race car driver...and a the guy who builds the race car engine.
I'm not a great shooter, but I do know what makes an endurance rifle... the mechanics, materials, math.
My brother is an active duty senior chief on the SEAL Teams. Great shooter...but he doesn't know the bolt steel in his MK18. That's not his job.

I'm not a gunsmith. Actually, some of the worst hack jobs I've ever seen on the AR platform come from talented gunsmiths.
I've seen gunsmiths do amazing work cutting down barrels, re-threading, re-crowning etc but the gun doesn't run...because the gunsmith is great at those things but doesn't understand the need for opening the gas port to compensate for reduced dwell time.
I really don't know much about lever action rifles, or 1911s, etc... when it comes to the M4, tho...there's not many who can compete with SOLGW

williejc
11-22-16, 10:42
Thank you for providing this information. If I interpret your reply accurately, I think that you described a highly knowledgeable technician who has specialized in one platform. Your experience, insight, and intuition allow you to put together a good rifle and view the end product as being more than the sum of its parts. Smith and Wesson and Colt used to refer to the guys putting together their handguns as fitters and not gunsmiths.

Rotorhead84
11-23-16, 14:23
When can we expect stripped lowers to be back in stock?

SOLGW
11-23-16, 16:12
When can we expect stripped lowers to be back in stock?
Thursday midnight

titsonritz
11-23-16, 21:04
Thursday midnight

Just in time for that Black Friday Sale? :dance3:

Eurodriver
11-24-16, 04:23
Just in time for that Black Friday Sale? :dance3:

I see what he did there :)

Furbyballer
11-25-16, 06:43
some ridiculous prices on east india upper builds, their standard carbines, and BCGs up on their website now.

ccosby
11-25-16, 14:26
Since I never got a response to the emails I sent this month or a follow up from my PM a few weeks ago when you said you would get back to me I'll ask in this thread.

Did you all pull 10 of those surefeed mags to send to me to make my order WEB2469 complete since it looks like you have them in stock again? I've been waiting now 4 months for you all to finish this order.

SOLGW
11-25-16, 15:40
Since I never got a response to the emails I sent this month or a follow up from my PM a few weeks ago when you said you would get back to me I'll ask in this thread.

Did you all pull 10 of those surefeed mags to send to me to make my order WEB2469 complete since it looks like you have them in stock again? I've been waiting now 4 months for you all to finish this order.
I haven't seen any recent emails or PMs about this.
I'll print an overnight label right now.
Apologies. Assumed this had been taken care of.

methical20
11-25-16, 16:22
@SOLGW

Any info on the Trident rifle? Are the production rifles going to have the massive logo on the side?

SOLGW
11-25-16, 16:52
@SOLGW

Any info on the Trident rifle? Are the production rifles going to have the massive logo on the side?
That Trident rifle is legit.
What info are you looking for?

The rifle only comes in those colors with the logo.

ccosby
11-25-16, 19:55
I haven't seen any recent emails or PMs about this.
I'll print an overnight label right now.
Apologies. Assumed this had been taken care of.

Standard shipping is fine, I just want what I paid for.

ccosby
11-29-16, 22:26

Since I said this in the open it is only fair to give an update. The missing parts magazines from the original order arrived today with some free hats and patches thrown in with them.

Thanks for getting my order fixed.

nightchief
12-03-16, 19:05
For anyone running the 11.5" and the A5 receiver extension...what buffer weight are you using?

I want to run mine both suppressed and unsuppressed.

Thank you,
NC

Furbyballer
12-03-16, 19:09
For anyone running the 11.5" and the A5 receiver extension...what buffer weight are you using?

Thank you,
NC

I have been running mine with a H2 with and without my omega with no problems.

SOLGW
12-04-16, 12:59

Thank you,
NC
When using the A5 system A5H2/green spring is our default for every upper/barrel we make.

nightchief
12-04-16, 13:47
Thank you both

BMWguy206
12-04-16, 17:54
When using the A5 system A5H2/green spring is our default for every upper/barrel we make.

Would you recommend that setup for a factory Daniel Defense 14.5in barrel, mid-length gas system?

SOLGW
12-04-16, 18:56
Would you recommend that setup for a factory Daniel Defense 14.5in barrel, mid-length gas system?
I'd recommend it for almost any set up.

The A5 is one of the few true functional improvements to the carbine.

ScreaminSS01
12-23-16, 18:26
I sent a upper to SOLGW for them to sort through that a local "gunsmith" worked on. I didn't feel comfortable with it and they ran a hell of a deal on their East India uppers on Black Friday so I bought one and wanted the NSR put on it. They assembled it and realized the rail wouldn't allow a suppressor to be mounted to the 51T. He called me and I ended up buying a rail. They took the time to test fire the upper I sent them and assembled parts to complete two uppers at a great price. Their attention to detail made sure I was a happy customer and could use the upper I wanted. Communication was great. They have earned a customer for life. Their work is impeccable and I to shoot this very soon.Thanks again SOLGW.

pag23
12-24-16, 16:19
When are you getting the Multicam baseball hats back on stock...

ruckusjuice
12-27-16, 09:55
I bought an East India starter kit and a BCG for a build along with some other small parts. As soon as all the parts for my lower come in, I'll try and get everything assembled. I've placed several orders with SOLGW this year and each one was a great experience. Everything shipped quickly and communication with Kyle was simple when I had questions.

You guys have a customer for life.

Caduceus
01-06-17, 19:48
So I bought one of the Black Friday M4 basic rifles with OD Magpul furniture. Due to some delay on my end with the FFL, I didn't get it until mid December. I finally got a chance to sight in the Magpul BUIS, and noted that the magazines weren't dropping free. I emailed them and got a reply about 2 days later, just to ensure I could 'fiddle' with the mag catch to get it to where I liked.

Well, finally got back out today, and put 290 rounds through it; total to date is right about 350. Re-sighted the BUIS with a KAC 0-600m, then did 100 yard shooting with irons and my Aimpoint M4S. After the adjustment, the magazines were dropping free, and I was shooting a mix of OK, D&H, Surefire 60rd, Magpul 40 rd. Numerous types of ammo (just kind of emptied an ammo can): PMC Bronze, PMC Xtac M193, Winchester White Box 5.56, Sadu SS109 (I believe they're Romanian), and probably some American Eagle. Ambient temp was 19; the rifle was in my truck all day but probably warmed a bit in the 30 min drive to the range. This is probably the coldest that I've shot in. I believe the lube was the "machine gunner's lube" that Sprinco puts out.

Anyway, it ran like a champ. Thanks to the SOL folks for their email correspondence.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh196/Caduceusmd78/ar15/IMG_20170106_145055_669_zps7qm44o61.jpg

rexster314
01-06-17, 23:31
I got several bottles of "Liberty Snake Oil" when I bought my M4 from SOLGW. Seems to be pretty good stuff. Clingy, but not gunky or overly viscous. Been working great on my gun.

Way to cold for me, you're a trooper for sure

Jormungandr
01-07-17, 01:23
I bought two "Soul Snatcher" lowers a few months ago and the finish and details are outstanding. Have an upper on order that I'm sure will be just as nice.

Furbyballer
01-07-17, 05:31
I have had several orders with these guys and have never been less than impressed. Just waiting on my east india kit i ordered on black friday to come in still though...and their ever illusive 308s that i have on order.

graffex
01-07-17, 12:20
On your complete uppers such as the:

M4-SML Upper with SOLO MLOK Rail, ARMS Sights, Pick your Barrel Length

For the 100$ single color cerakote option, what all is included? Is that the receiver and rail? or what

rexster314
01-07-17, 15:58

For the 100$ single color cerakote option, what all is included? Is that the receiver and rail? or what

Your best bet is to contact Mike directly at SOLGW.

SOLGW
01-10-17, 20:53

Yes. It's both the rail and receiver.

graffex
01-15-17, 20:26
Is there still a member discount code for the site?

BMWguy206
01-16-17, 12:15

The member discount code is no longer valid. Maybe when the SOLGW crew gets back from SHOT Show they might have a sale or activate the code.

SOLGW
01-16-17, 14:19
We'll be running another one soon.

DragonDoc
01-18-17, 16:49
Evidence please.

I'm not sure what his relationship with SOLGW is. He claims to be from Buda, TX which is over an hour away from SOLGW which is in San Antonio. I'm in San Antonio and have yet to get to SOLGW's shop. Mainly because it is on the Southside of town and it would be a pain in the ass to get to. The quality of their products should be a known quantity by now.

JDR556
01-18-17, 20:01
Deleted

scooter22
01-18-17, 21:04
Are all of their barrels nitrided?

jstalford
01-18-17, 21:05
I think they have a severe duty upper with an FN chf / chrome barrel.

Mrgunsngear
01-19-17, 12:49
I think they have a severe duty upper with an FN chf / chrome barrel.

Correct

Eurodriver
01-20-17, 00:12
My friends ask me lots of questions about my SOLGW upper, so I made an instructional video for them.

I thought I would share it here.

https://youtu.be/BiWUuwJ-r6c

Vegas
01-20-17, 01:28
I like it Euro. Upside down makes it a winner 👍