PDA

View Full Version : Its been a while...need part advice

Jpoe88
03-24-16, 22:15
Started a new build. Picked up locally a few parts on the cheap. Oly arms A1 "style upper" and front sight post. Looking to keep this a low key budget build.

Lets save the snide comments for another day?

Anyhow, looking to do an Anderson lower, and a low end 6 position stock kit. A few parts matter to me. Id like to do a DD LPK, but if theres a comparable for the same if not less, point me to it. Id like to keep the bcg under $130, and also want the 16" barrel to be either a pencil or m4 contour. Needs to be a .750 gas block as well on the pencil. Id like to stay under, well under 150 on the barrel. Ill be using some cheap parts for the filler pieces. Have a BCM barrel nut/spring/delta ring. Also have a stainless gas tube from Ranier Arms.

nightchief
03-24-16, 23:24
Hi Jpoe88,

You might look at Sionics and BCM LPK's...Sionics is a little cheaper with A2 grip, same price with Ergo or similar grip; BCM is a little more, but comes with their BCM pistol grip; both of these also include enhanced mil-spec triggers

http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/store2015/lower-receiver-parts/46-bolt-carrier-group-hpmpi-tested-with-np3-carrier.html

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-Enhanced-Lower-Parts-Kit-BCM-M4-p/bcm-elpk-semi-blk.htm

I'm not sure you be able to make .750 gas block and a lightweight barrel work together

Good luck with your build...

NC

masenomics
03-24-16, 23:35
Good advice on the LPK already. I would look into ballistic advantage or faxon for the barrel, or the ar15 performance 16" 5.56 STD scout barrel that's on sale for 149 right now it has a .750 GB journal I believe.

bruin
03-25-16, 00:30
Cheapest decent LPK I've found is White Oak Armament. You can get it with an ALG QMS and save a bit. BCG under $130, try Brownells.

Jpoe88
03-25-16, 04:20
Good advice on the LPK already. I would look into ballistic advantage or faxon for the barrel, or the ar15 performance 16" 5.56 STD scout barrel that's on sale for 149 right now it has a .750 GB journal I believe.

Thats a good deal. So their stuff is g2g? What about JSE on 5he bcg? Full chromed m16 for 145
Hi Jpoe88,

You might look at Sionics and BCM LPK's...Sionics is a little cheaper with A2 grip, same price with Ergo or similar grip; BCM is a little more, but comes with their BCM pistol grip; both of these also include enhanced mil-spec triggers

http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/store2015/lower-receiver-parts/46-bolt-carrier-group-hpmpi-tested-with-np3-carrier.html

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-Enhanced-Lower-Parts-Kit-BCM-M4-p/bcm-elpk-semi-blk.htm

I'm not sure you be able to make .750 gas block and a lightweight barrel work together

Good luck with your build...

NC

Like the BCM for sure. But its out of stock. Its sitting priority tho.

Cheapest decent LPK I've found is White Oak Armament. You can get it with an ALG QMS and save a bit. BCG under $130, try Brownells.

Looking into. This may be 2nd choic3 if no BCM us available when its time to buy

Jpoe88
03-25-16, 04:57
On the stock, i have a utg comm spec tube. Probably better quality than most el cheapo tubes. Should I just add the colt buffer and spring to it and call it good? Use whatever cheap 6 pos stock?

Jwknutson17
03-25-16, 08:00
The only BCG I even consider under 145 bucks is the centurion arms BCG. They used to run $180. I run, and have run them for 10s of thousands of rounds.. and they are 110 bucks right now! I compare the C4 BCGs to LMT, BCM, and DD.

http://www.centurionarms.com/product-p/bcg-c4.htm

Jpoe88
03-25-16, 09:17
The only BCG I even consider under 145 bucks is the centurion arms BCG. They used to run $180. I run, and have run them for 10s of thousands of rounds.. and they are 110 bucks right now! I compare the C4 BCGs to LMT, BCM, and DD.

http://www.centurionarms.com/product-p/bcg-c4.htm

Thanks!

This is all good info guys! Looking to stay carbine on the barrel though.

bfoosh006
03-25-16, 09:43
Deleted

Jpoe88
03-25-16, 09:56
My issue isnt finding parts, bc god knows theres some cheap stuff out there, but i want it to be worth a damn.

The FNG
03-25-16, 10:03
For a BCG, build your own. Contact IraqGunz for a carrier if he has any and then you can buy the parts and bolt from BCM. It comes out cheaper in the long run for an equivalent product.

For the lpk, I recommend red barn armory. You can spec your entire lpk for a great price.

Barrels go with a Faxon from radical firearms (I think) Faxon also makes their radical brand barrels for a little less. Most of these barrels have an option to add a gas block as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jstalford
03-25-16, 10:09
G&R Tactical has Colt LPKs (or they did yesterday). For the BCG, maybe toolcraft or centurion.

for the barrel, the already mentioned deal at primary arms for the carbine gassed ballistic advantage barrel is a good bet.

Jpoe88
03-25-16, 10:15
G&R Tactical has Colt LPKs (or they did yesterday). For the BCG, maybe toolcraft or centurion.

for the barrel, the already mentioned deal at primary arms for the carbine gassed ballistic advantage barrel is a good bet.

Im kicking around a 16 lightweight middy at this point. Cant see a disadvantage. Less recoil, more realestate longer sight radius.

I will look st redbarn armory. Almost decided to do a gunfighter stock setup and bcm lpk as well. Picking up lower next week, Spikes Crusader.

But that ballistic advantage is g2g? Its something to think about for sure.

Jpoe88
03-25-16, 14:58
My upper just showed up. Not displeased, but since joebobs just sold out again on the crusader lowers, ill cheap out on an anderson.

What I have:
Stripped Upper
FSB
Carbine Gas Tube
Barrel nut/delta ring/retainer
Comm spec buffer tube
Slim CAR handguards

What I have decided on:
Ballistic Advantage m4 contour
Anderson Lower
White Oak LPK w/ ALG QMT
Cheap charging handle and upper part kit