PDA

View Full Version : Florida man who killed pregnant woman and unborn child is arrested again

Eurodriver
03-25-16, 06:41
http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2016/3/24/man_who_shot_killed_.html

In July 2014, DeHayes accidentally shot and killed 25-year-old Katherine Hoover of Inverness. She was five months pregnant at the time. The baby boy was surgically removed from his dying mother, but did not survive....No charges were ever filed against him.

DeHayes told authorities shooting Hoover was an accident. He was showing Hoover "Western tricks" and did not know the gun was loaded when he twirled it around his finger.

"There's no such thing as an accident when it comes to guns," said Bryan. "There are only careless and irresponsible gun owners. He took two lives."
According to the arrest report, DeHayes told the deputy that he had been drinking beer and Crown Royal straight from the bottle all day. He said he fired the weapon into the air to teach his girlfriend's teenage daughter about gun safety.

The charge DeHayes now faces is a misdemeanor. He bonded out of jail the same day.

"He should've already been behind bars for what happened to my daughter," said Bryan. "Now they will give him his guns back, because it's just a misdemeanor charge. He's going to end up killing somebody again."

I can't believe he wasn't prosecuted the first time.

SomeOtherGuy
03-25-16, 09:14
Obviously this is why we need more gun laws. Because no one can be bothered to prosecute a blatant, open-and-shut case of negligent homicide (at least) with a sympathetic victim and an unsympathetic defendant, in a state that claims to care about women and unborn children.

Yes, more laws would solve this. No need to prosecute much more serious crimes under laws that go back millennia.

Averageman
03-25-16, 10:14
The guy should have been prosecuted and I'm just guessing from the stupid look on his face, that this first incident where he killed his GF, wasn't his only encounter with the Law.

"According to the arrest report, DeHayes told the deputy that he had been drinking beer and Crown Royal straight from the bottle all day. He said he fired the weapon into the air to teach his girlfriend's teenage daughter about gun safety."

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have a profile on "Plenty Of Fish."

Whiskey_Bravo
03-25-16, 10:53
shooting into the air and gun safety go hand in hand right?

Firefly
03-25-16, 11:17
A real brainiac, this one

Honu
03-25-16, 12:29
just shoot the dude now and get it over with
or we just have him sit on a mower with some tanerite :)

wildcard600
03-25-16, 13:02
Sack of shit should be in jail.

26 Inf
03-25-16, 14:09

Yep. Hey at least he isn't from Georgia.

Look at his photo. He needs to be locked up.

sadmin
03-25-16, 14:34
Dexter...paging Dexter...

MegademiC
03-25-16, 22:07
So he kills someone by "ND", then teaches other about gun safety... right.
A real Wyatt erp.

titsonritz
03-25-16, 23:17
Sounds like his girl friend needs to be slapped.

Moose-Knuckle
03-26-16, 02:38
So I can murder someone by shooting them and all I have to do is tell the police that I was showing my vic cowboy action tricks?

_Stormin_
03-26-16, 09:37
How on Earth this man escaped a negligent homicide charge on the first incident is truly unexplainable...

Averageman
03-26-16, 11:23
http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2016/3/24/man_who_shot_killed_.htmlIn July 2014, DeHayes accidentally shot and killed 25-year-old Katherine Hoover of Inverness. She was five months pregnant at the time. The baby boy was surgically removed from his dying mother, but did not survive.
DeHayes told authorities shooting Hoover was an accident. He was showing Hoover "Western tricks" and did not know the gun was loaded when he twirled it around his finger.

And this is why I respect LEO's,
I'm sure the first reaction to someone "falling down drunk" who has shot and killed his girlfriend while playing Matt Dillion isn't to cuff him and take him downtown for booking, only to seem him released
I'm sorry, but the guy deserved to have someone pop a cap in his head right there, and I'm sure more than one guy answering that call might have had that idea flash through his head.

SteyrAUG
03-26-16, 11:50

Can we send this one to Georgia? I think he's in the wrong place.

Moose-Knuckle
03-27-16, 02:19
How on Earth this man escaped a negligent homicide charge on the first incident is truly unexplainable...

X2 as the unborn boy died as a result of his actions as well.