PDA

View Full Version : Sionics uppers

peashooter76
03-25-16, 13:23
How do they compare to the major players? BCM, DD...etc.

Berserkr556
03-25-16, 16:32
I don't own one only because when I went to buy one they were out of stock. With that said I've shot a few owned by friends and they're good to go. I believe the owner is a member here and one of the Mods here, Iraqgunz, was or still is an Armorer at Sionics.

ETA: When I say shot I took one to a 3 gun match and another Sionics upper I borrowed to use at a 3 day carbine class so they were ran hard. The third upper a friend wanted me to use in a local shoot we call the swamp run. It's a military type shoot set up at a friends farm with different obstacles and shooting at pop up tactical ted type targets. The end of the shoot you wade through a nasty swamp, shoot a couple different targets and then swim through nasty swamp water filled with duckweed, moss and other nasty stuff and low crawl out of the swamp through foul smelling black muck then shoot a couple more targets. The Sionic never burped but one of my BCMs choked on the muck.

Iraqgunz
03-25-16, 16:32
There is quite a bit of info here about SIONICS. You can also feel free to ask questions here and myself or Steve-O- will answer them.

peashooter76
03-25-16, 17:34
Does SIONICS offer discounts for forum members?

titsonritz
03-25-16, 17:38
If you compare them to the prices of other manufacturer's ARs they offer discounts to all their customers.

https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php?searchid=1550285

bobbytucson
03-26-16, 00:38
How do they compare to the major players? BCM, DD...etc.

They are good to go, in the same club as bcm dd and so forth. Some of the finest hands build them. They really are fiends for quality and upmost attention to detail.

Tigereye
03-26-16, 06:32
I have a Sionics Patrol Zero upper on one of their lowers with the A5. I also have a couple of DD and BCM's. The PZ only has 7-800 rounds down it so far, but I would say that it is comparable to the others and is both accurate and reliable. It has eaten everything that I've fed it from Tula and Wolf to much better 556 rounds. I recommend Sionics because I believe it is a really good rifle and I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

C-grunt
03-27-16, 18:58
Copied from my post in another thread:

A few months back towards the beginning of summer I was at Ben Avery Shooting Facility in North Phoenix. For you non Az people that is a HUGE shooting facility run by AZ Game and Fish. While I was there some guys a couple tables down had a couple ARs that at first I thought were full auto. Then after noticing the firing pace was slow I payed more attention and realized they were using that new third firing position bump fire trigger. I cant remember the name of the company right now but they have been talked about on this site multiple times. They turned out to be the owners of the company and were out testing their product. They were using Sionics rifles. From the looks on the Sionics website I want to say they were the Patrol Rifle II.

I began to talk with them and they told me how they originally had rifles from another local maker and were having major problems with the rifles just before SHOT Show 2014. At the last minute they purchased the Sionics rifles and took them to SHOT with their trigger. Those rifles shot thousands of rounds at SHOT show with zero problems. On top of that I watched them shoot up probably a case of M193 in about an hour with those rifles and never saw a malfunction. Hell I did several mag dumps testing out that trigger myself and the rifles ran smooth.

After seeing that, the specs of the rifles and knowing IraqGunz involvement with the company I would definitely say they are duty ready.

EDIT to add the trigger is TAC-CON 3MR