PDA

View Full Version : KAC SR-15 Better than all the rest!

TheNegativeOne
03-26-16, 05:08
No, of course it isn't. While I don't worship at the alter of TNP, I do think he nailed the brand BS. I agree with every point he makes in this video.
https://youtu.be/RMyh7gvIYDg

TheChunkNorris
03-26-16, 05:27
You do really live up to your screen name.

TheNegativeOne
03-26-16, 05:34
You do really live up to your screen name.

Yes, I am honest. And so is this gun review.

TheChunkNorris
03-26-16, 05:37
No you're a contrarian and there's dozens of reviews that praise the SR15 in it's different models. You just happened to pick a video that's inline with you flawed logic which you make known very often.

TheNegativeOne
03-26-16, 05:57
Its a nice rifle.

G.B.
03-26-16, 06:35
Since you seem to be this know it all guru. What do you run and how many thousands of rounds have you put through it to come to the conclusion that your dpms and bushmasters are on the same level as DD, BCM, or KAC. At one point I owned a fantastic dpms that had no staking on any part and everything from the bolt sliding in the receiver to the trigger felt nice and unsmooth. Then I had an awesome bushmaster that you had to use a small hammer and punch to remove the rear takedown pin (I'm sure that was so it didn't come loose during battle). I've had many quality rifles and swapped parts with quality parts and they are all smooth and fit properly.

If dpms and all the others are so great and there is no difference between any brand as long as its a di gas system. Then why is it the one rifle that dpms makes that supposedly meets all the quality standards is 1200 dollars. The same price as a bcm. Or are you the guy that tells people that the steel used and heat treating and qc testing doesn't matter.

TheNegativeOne
03-26-16, 06:54
Since you seem to be this know it all guru. What do you run and how many thousands of rounds have you put through it to come to the conclusion that your dpms and bushmasters are on the same level as DD, BCM, or KAC. At one point I owned a fantastic dpms that had no staking on any part and everything from the bolt sliding in the receiver to the trigger felt nice and unsmooth. Then I had an awesome bushmaster that you had to use a small hammer and punch to remove the rear takedown pin (I'm sure that was so it didn't come loose during battle). I've had many quality rifles and swapped parts with quality parts and they are all smooth and fit properly.

If dpms and all the others are so great and there is no difference between any brand as long as its a di gas system. Then why is it the one rifle that dpms makes that supposedly meets all the quality standards is 1200 dollars. The same price as a bcm. Or are you the guy that tells people that the steel used and heat treating and qc testing doesn't matter.

Maybe we watched a different video.

G.B.
03-26-16, 07:11
Maybe we did. The one i saw talked about the kac have a cold hammer-forged barrel, two stage trigger, enhances e3 bolt with dual extractors. Last i checked your low quality ar's don't come with any of that. Lmt and jp enhanced bolts and carriers are right around the same price as kac. Just because you don't think something is worth whatever amount doesn't mean it's not.

If you start to add up what the parts on that rifle cost it's not hard to get to 2000 dollars. Yes you can buy a bcm for 1200 but it's not exactly the same thing just the same platform.

Nightstalker865
03-26-16, 07:17
Maybe we watched a different video.

You just continue to be "That Guy." I don't understand why you continue to post on this site unless your entire purpose is to ruffle feathers.

I've never understood the guys that get into a hobby and decide to spend their time constantly trying to put down people who have brand loyalties. All because they prefer to go against the grain in life.

Rotorhead84
03-26-16, 07:29
I would never pay for a new one. If you're patient and diligent you can score a used one for a good price. And they are really great rifles. I picked up an unfired Mod 1 with an SSA trigger and a bolt repair kit for $1700 shipped.

Rotorhead84
03-26-16, 07:34
Maybe we did. The one i saw talked about the kac have a cold hammer-forged barrel, two stage trigger, enhances e3 bolt with dual extractors. Last i checked your low quality ar's don't come with any of that. Lmt and jp enhanced bolts and carriers are right around the same price as kac. Just because you don't think something is worth whatever amount doesn't mean it's not.

If you start to add up what the parts on that rifle cost it's not hard to get to 2000 dollars. Yes you can buy a bcm for 1200 but it's not exactly the same thing just the same platform.

Some people simply don't have the budget for certain things and so they make themselves feel better by trying to convince themselves and others that what they have is just as good as something out of their price range.

Any person who states that a DPMS or a bushy is on par with a DD, BCM, or a KAC rifle is a raging moron who shouldn't even be given the time of day. Don't waste time on idiots.

_Stormin_
03-26-16, 07:44
I don't happen to have 20 minutes free to sit through the guys ranting, but the fact that he rants about "comments on the interweb," says that every generation of the rifle is the same, and his entire fixation is on price... That's all within the first few minutes of his video that I could tolerate.

Anyone with a functional pair of eyes can see that the SR-15 has multiple features unique to, or created by, KAC. If you don't want to spend what it costs to buy one, DONT. Please by all means DONT DO IT. Save your precious pennies.

Just stop being that asshat that goes into the Ferrari deanship talking about how great your Corvette is. Nobody fvcking cares...

HKGuns
03-26-16, 08:01
You just continue to be "That Guy." I don't understand why you continue to post on this site unless your entire purpose is to ruffle feathers.

I've never understood the guys that get into a hobby and decide to spend their time constantly trying to put down people who have brand loyalties. All because they prefer to go against the grain in life.

^^This^^

There is an IL for this kind of stuff, he won't last long here anyway.

WillBrink
03-26-16, 08:03
Best thing I learned from that vid was there's a KAC AR to be had for under 2k! I'll take it. ;)

TheNegativeOne
03-26-16, 08:06
Some people simply don't have the budget for certain things and so they make themselves feel better by trying to convince themselves and others that what they have is just as good as something out of their price range.

Any person who states that a DPMS or a bushy is on par with a DD, BCM, or a KAC rifle is a raging moron who shouldn't even be given the time of day. Don't waste time on idiots.
I didnt hear him say dpms or bushmaster were on par with those brands. Maybe he did but i dont remember it.

usmcvet
03-26-16, 08:11
No, of course it isn't. While I don't worship at the alter of TNP, I do think he nailed the brand BS. I agree with every point he makes in this video.
https://youtu.be/RMyh7gvIYDg

First if all that dude talks waaaaaaaay to much. I've enjoyed some of his videos but man he likes the sound of his own voice. He lost me at 5:35 when he said a Delton and KAC were on the same level. He keeps talking about it ha delink just like any other AR. Not a very intelligent point. He seems like he feels it is necessary to counter the fools out there who are talking about balance and feel. Most of us know that's not what makes a rifle "special" it's the parts and attention to detail in building it that makes it "special" we want guns that we can defend our lives and loved ones with. A Delton is not that gun.

I don't own a KAC. I also know they're great weapons. The Ambi controls have almost gotten me to bite a few times. They're just too pricey for my checkbook.

_Stormin_
03-26-16, 08:12
Actually, I made it as far as that part.

He said DELTON...

(USMCVET beat me to it)

HKGuns
03-26-16, 08:22
Here you go OP, I have three or four of these. GASP.

http://hkguns.zenfolio.com/img/s6/v136/p296451628-5.jpg

.46caliber
03-26-16, 08:54
Here you go OP, I have three or four of these. GASP.

Well should you ever come reality about those overpriced hunks of junk, I guess I could jump on the grenade for you and adopt one of those and provide it a foster home. LOL

SeriousStudent
03-26-16, 09:05
Here's a thought for the OP: If you want to stir up crap and be a troll, do it someplace else.

And by the way, it's TDP, not TNP.