PDA

View Full Version : Does Beretta currently make a 92-series with a dovetailed front sight?

Bob
08-21-08, 17:14
Does Beretta currently make a 92-series with a dovetailed front sight? Not counting stainless or Inox models, that is.

I'm looking hard at a M9 or M9A1, but the integral front is going to add more than a few bucks to the total cost if I ever decide to add night sights...

M1A2_Tanker
08-21-08, 17:51
http://www.beretta.com/index.aspx?m=74&idc=2&ids=27

92 Brigadier FS.
The Brigadier was designed to meet the special needs on the INS* who wanted an accurate, reliable and durable .40 caliber pistol with removable front and rear sights. The pistol incorporates all the high performance characteristics of the traditional 92 Series pistols plus features that are unique to the Brigadier.
The Brigadier’s slide is heavier and recontoured. Because of the heavier slide, the gun’s balance is enhanced and felt recoil is reduced, improving accuracy for follow-up shots. The Brigadier is available, on request, with wrap around, stippled rubber grips and hex key grip screws.

The Brigadier is also manufactured in a stainless steel version (92 Brigadier FS Inox).
* U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service

They make a 9mm aswell, I have one.

Bob
08-21-08, 18:04
http://www.beretta.com/index.aspx?m=74&idc=2&ids=27

They make a 9mm aswell, I have one.

Interesting. On the main 92/96 page at Beretta USA (http://berettausa.com/product/product_pistols_main.htm), they don't still show those models. Unless you click on 'Description', that is.

I'd love a Vertec, or 92G-SD, but I THOUGHT they stopped making (or importing) those...

BushmasterFanBoy
08-21-08, 22:01
Bob,

I have a Beretta 96 Vertec. It does in fact have a removable front sight. The frame is vertical, hence the name. It does a fairly good job of replicating the feel of a 1911, aside from the fact that it is double stacked. If you don't like the frame mounted safety, and don't mind some extra weight, Beretta did a limited run of the Beretta Steel, which features a frame mounted safety, steel frame, and the Vertec grip configuration.

I love my standard Beretta Vertec, and I have put a huge number of rounds through it. My extractor claw broke, and another part the name of escapes me. I replaced the recoil spring once so far, but I should do it more often.

A quick search on Gun Broker turns up a couple results. You can still find Vertecs without too much trouble these days. I'm not sure whether or not they have been discontinued.

ETA: One more thing. The newer Beretta Vertec models are not shipping with the old style "short trigger", which many people wanted. Instead the new Vertecs come equipped with the standard plastic trigger Beretta uses in the M9/92Fs lineup.

ToddG
08-21-08, 22:09
The short trigger was removed as the standard item on Vertecs because the combination of new grip angle and short trigger led to many people getting trigger bite.

The primary tester for the prototype Vertec has shorter than average fingers and so he thought the short trigger was just awesome. Apparently, I -- errrrr, he -- was wrong. Lesson learned.

BushmasterFanBoy
08-21-08, 23:21
The primary tester for the prototype Vertec has shorter than average fingers and so he thought the short trigger was just awesome. Apparently, I -- errrrr, he -- was wrong. Lesson learned.

Todd,

I've got huge hands. I think you made a good choice :D. I did put the short trigger in the M9, and the new plastic trigger in the Vertec, but I always did like my Vertec with the short trigger.

jhs1969
08-22-08, 20:12
So Beretta is producing Vertec's again? Man, I hope so, I always loved the feel of the Vertecs. The HK P30 was going to be my next handgun purchase but if the Vertec is available again I may have to do a serious rethink here.