PDA

View Full Version : S3F Solutions Barrels

VIP3R 237
03-28-16, 15:47
Hey guys, I've noticed these barrels getting quite a lot of buzz on social media, but I haven't had an opportunity to try one for myself. For those of you who have them and have shot them, are they giving you a noticeable improvement in accuracy over the stock Glock barrel?

http://s3fsolutions.com/product-category/barrels/

JG007
03-28-16, 16:17
Multiple experts have stated that the new glocks come with tighter lock up, are more accurate, and have basically made after market match barrels obsolete, for accuracy

VIP3R 237
03-28-16, 16:23
Multiple experts have stated that the new glocks come with tighter lock up, are more accurate, and have basically made after market match barrels obsolete, for accuracy

I've heard the same but my G17 is 15 years old and I'm looking for an aftermarket threaded option.

okie john
03-28-16, 18:09
If you want more accuracy, get something fitted. "Drop-in" and "match-grade" rarely belong in the same sentence.

Okie John

DirectTo
03-28-16, 20:02
"New" Glocks as in post-when? I hadn't heard this, just curious.

SpyderMan2k4
03-28-16, 20:19
I've heard great things about the barrels. I picked one up but haven't shot it yet (the slide is out for milling).

For what it's worth, Steve Fisher has said it's the most accurate Glock barrel he's tried, and I'm confident he has tried most if not all of them.

CrabNSR
03-28-16, 20:32
I own one on my Gen4 G19. With a feeler gauge it's a tighter fit than my stock barrel but I see no accuracy improvement. They did post a picture where they tested factory vs theirs on a ransom rest and it showed better accuracy somewhere on facebook.

MountainRaven
03-28-16, 20:47
"New" Glocks as in post-when? I hadn't heard this, just curious.

I hadn't heard this, either, so I'd be curious as to which experts said what and when. And which serial number (about) that the Glocks with better barrel-to-slide fitment started with.

jondoe297
03-29-16, 10:36
I have a new G17 Gen4 that I put an S3F barrel in. The improvement is not drastic, but it's noticeable if you do your part.

NongShim
04-03-16, 08:09
If you want a sure thing, check out KKM barrels. You will see a jump in accuracy. They are also cheaper. I'm all for trying something new but they (S3F) don't offer anything I want right now. I need a couple of 40 to 9 barrels and KKM makes those.

deleteyourselph
04-03-16, 18:31
Always good to have options.