PDA

View Full Version : How do you conceal carry your Glock with a t-shirt?

Obagual
03-28-16, 22:57
I am on my second try with the Glock 19 as my concealed pistol and my problem again is what I experienced my first go round...printing.
I have the eidolon, appendix is not comfortable for me at all. I have been trying it now with the "wing" on strong side and it prints like crazy.
The bravo concealment is great for when I wear a jacket but nothing else.
With all the g19 love here, I'm wondering how you carry it and not have it print. Are t-shirts a no go and I need to buy more button up shirts?

AKDoug
03-28-16, 23:18
I'm a big guy and I can't do it. I am sure I print all the time. I just carry owb with a longer tailed t-shirt over it. I am not overly concerned with printing because in Alaska all forms of carry are perfectly legal. In reality most people are completely oblivious to printing. At the end of last summer I asked 3 of my seasonal employees if they realized I carried a gun. I carried every day around them in both short sleeve button up shirts and loose t-shirts for 5 months. None of them had ever noticed and I take very little care to hide the fact I am carrying.

nate89
03-28-16, 23:26
I have gone to appendix, but I did carry a 19 for several years strong side before switching. You can try adjusting height of the holster. I have added foam to the bottom inside of my holster to pivot the grip towards my body, that might be something to try out as well. Another thing to consider is that the Eidolon was build from the ground up as an appendix holster, and might not be ideal strong side. If you don't plan on going back to appendix, perhaps you could look into selling it and picking up something else. I don't use my hybrid holster much anymore, but when I did it was comfortable and did a good job of hiding the gun. There are plenty of quality makers of hybrids. Just a few ideas to consider.

quackhead
03-28-16, 23:31
You've got to have some room under the t shirt for it not to print. Don't expect to hide it under some fitted affliction type t shirt. I conceal my Glock 2 ways -IWB with a milt Sparks Versa max or appendix with an eidolon. I have carried a gun for a living for the past 19 plus years and have found these 2 holster to conceal the best. I have several kydex and leather pancake type holsters from various manufacturers that can be concealed under loosing fitting garments/ jackets. I wear fitted clothing and the Versa max and eidolon holsters make the gun disappear. I can conceal G17 under a t shirt with the eidolon. There are plenty other contributing factors that go into what works for you when concealing a pistol- body types, clothing choices and fit, actual position of the holster are just some of the main factors

ST911
03-28-16, 23:37
I am on my second try with the Glock 19 as my concealed pistol and my problem again is what I experienced my first go round...printing.
I have the eidolon, appendix is not comfortable for me at all. I have been trying it now with the "wing" on strong side and it prints like crazy.
The bravo concealment is great for when I wear a jacket but nothing else.
With all the g19 love here, I'm wondering how you carry it and not have it print. Are t-shirts a no go and I need to buy more button up shirts?

For a tee... Dark(er) color, casual fit, heavier material like a Haines beefy, Gildan heavy, etc. Patterns help if available. Start with a UA or similar layer underneath the tee to keep the gun/gear from chafing skin, and to help the tee slip and move freely. Holster selection and waist size can play a role. It probably doesn't print as much as you think.

Vandal
03-28-16, 23:42
I have had very good luck with the Under Armour Charged Cotton Ts with both my Glock 43 and Sig P320c. Darker colors and a good belt and holster.

donlapalma
03-28-16, 23:58
Purpose built holster and belt, loose fitting shirt, and a dose of "who gives a shit". Your self-consciousness is getting the better of you. What will give you away more than a slight print is you constantly placing your hands near your weapon, fixing your shirt, looking down at your waist line, fidgeting, etc. Gain some confidence with that mode of carry or switch to button up shirts or something else.

KyPlinker1
03-29-16, 00:00
I carry a Glock 19 with TLR-1 and a reload just about every day. The only time I'm not carrying it, I'm carrying my 26. I use a Raven Concealment Phantom LC holster IWB. As was mentioned above, an undershirt really is key. Something slick like a moisture wicking type deal makes a great undershirt, tuck that in. For T-Shirts, avoid fitted stuff. Luckily I dressed very casually before I carried, so it was a pretty easy transition. Heavier materials, patterns, and darker colors are all typically pretty helpful. Different brands fit differently, as you know, so make sure you are trying stuff on and getting an idea on how it will wear before you pick something out.

I still print, it happens. 99.99999% of people don't know enough or don't pay attention enough to notice, and even if I do print I'm still covered by KY state law, so no big deal. Some people have good luck with appendix carry too, I have just enough of a gut to prevent me from going that route comfortably, so I carry at the 4:30ish position with a slight cant. Nobody has noticed so far.

Endur
03-29-16, 01:30
I wear regular t-shirts and conceal with no problem. I carry my 19 in a phantom at about 4:30 o'clock. I only ever print if I bend over instead of squatting down.

Jpoe88
03-29-16, 03:33
I have a kydex belt clipper from ebay an SOB carry bc of some work rules and regs. I went from a g27 to a g19 bc of the pinky extension on the g27. I will say that a good holster in general is the Alien Gear Cloak 3.0. Sold it with my g27, but it needs to be replaced for sure. I print all the damned time and when i bend over, i have to retuck as well.

Sam
03-29-16, 05:58
Like others said, a well designed holster, a good belt made to support a gun (not Walmart belt) and proper cover (not so tight muscle t shirt).

In the picture, a Walther PPQ (slightly larger than the Glock 19) in a Comp Tac MTAC holster and Wilderness belt. Now you see it.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/IMG528.jpeg

Now you don't.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/IMG529.jpeg

Cincinnatus15
03-29-16, 06:11
If I'm wearing a looser fitting shirt or button up I'll carry at 4 o clock. If the shirt fits a bit tighter I'll carry appendix. Glock 19 w/ a Blade-Tech holster.

Eurodriver
03-29-16, 06:14
Unfortunately, I dress normal. I usually wear khaki shorts (without cargo pockets) and a polo shirt or dress pants and a button up long sleeve business casual dress shirt. My attire fits "snugly". This is normal for my AO and wearing cargo pants with a ratcheting style synthetic belt and an UA undershirt would get me some real "WTF" looks.

I'm a tall, fit guy and concealing a G19 while wearing J Crew is nearly impossible. The material is just too thin and even with a good beltman belt it still prints. I haven't found a holster that works. Appendix carry is the worst - it looks like I am pregnant or have a colostomy bag.

So I carry a 642 in a Smartcarry holster. The draw time is slow but I can conceal that gun in my underwear without printing. Honestly.

My point is that depending on how you dress and if you have a gut or not - you might have to carry a different gun.

faster200
03-29-16, 06:26
I make sure I get T-shirts that are sized correctly for me, but still allow for CCW. I run an Eidolon with a Glock 19 and VERY rarely have an issue. When my choice in clothing means I will print more, I change up to a J-frame.

If someone ever says "what is that under your shirt?" I'll just respond with a sad look on my face "Oh.... that's my colostomy bag..." and I bet that will be that.

Tigereye
03-29-16, 06:50
The Comp Minotaur works for me with the Wilderness belt Sam mentioned. I also use a Raven Phantom under short sleeve button ups like a Hawaiian shirt. In my area, I think the only people who may notice printing are other gun guys. It seems like most people just assume it's a cell phone. I also pocket carry a 642 at times and always use a pocket holster.

ST911
03-29-16, 06:55
I make sure I get T-shirts that are sized correctly for me,

What does that mean?

Tzook
03-29-16, 07:07
Appendix, G19 with a Surefire X300. I hated appendix carry, but it doesn't ever print and it's in front of me so I can see it. I just got used to carrying that way, even though it wasn't initially comfortable. I always used to worry about printing until I switched.

mkmckinley
03-29-16, 07:45
A big part of it realizing that you perceive the printing 1000% more than anyone around you and the rare instance someone "makes" doesn't really matter. I carry a G19-sized pistol at 3:00 in a Bladetech Nano IWB. I don't pick special T shirt fabrics or cuts. My CC method normally takes the "concealed" part down to the bare minimum and I've never had so much as a raised eyebrow. It's not like average people, the ones who might be freaked out by a concealed handgun, are walking around looking at everyone's hip to see who might have a gun.

G19 IWB 3:00, don't sweat it because nobody's paying attention and if they are they probably don't care.

Obagual
03-29-16, 07:49
Wow! Thank you for all the responses!
I need to stop overthinking this printing thing and just carry on.
I typically wear an under shirt but not slick like UA. I will give that a try.

For those carry appendix, do you have it right at true appendix (1,o'clock) or do you carry more 12 o'clock? 1 o'clock digs into the top of my leg when sitting down. 12 o'clock gives me a little anxiety being right over the goods, (I know, I need to stop overthinking) :)

Obagual
03-29-16, 07:52
You've got to have some room under the t shirt for it not to print. Don't expect to hide it under some fitted affliction type t shirt. I conceal my Glock 2 ways -IWB with a milt Sparks Versa max or appendix with an eidolon. I have carried a gun for a living for the past 19 plus years and have found these 2 holster to conceal the best. I have several kydex and leather pancake type holsters from various manufacturers that can be concealed under loosing fitting garments/ jackets. I wear fitted clothing and the Versa max and eidolon holsters make the gun disappear. I can conceal G17 under a t shirt with the eidolon. There are plenty other contributing factors that go into what works for you when concealing a pistol- body types, clothing choices and fit, actual position of the holster are just some of the main factors

Thanks! I'll take a look at that versa max.

Obagual
03-29-16, 07:55
Purpose built holster and belt, loose fitting shirt, and a dose of "who gives a shit". Your self-consciousness is getting the better of you. What will give you away more than a slight print is you constantly placing your hands near your weapon, fixing your shirt, looking down at your waist line, fidgeting, etc. Gain some confidence with that mode of carry or switch to button up shirts or something else.

I appreciate your bluntness and agree with everything you said.
Thank you!

Obagual
03-29-16, 07:56
I wear regular t-shirts and conceal with no problem. I carry my 19 in a phantom at about 4:30 o'clock. I only ever print if I bend over instead of squatting down.

Are you iwb or owb with the phantom?

Obagual
03-29-16, 08:01
Unfortunately, I dress normal. I usually wear khaki shorts (without cargo pockets) and a polo shirt or dress pants and a button up long sleeve business casual dress shirt. My attire fits "snugly". This is normal for my AO and wearing cargo pants with a ratcheting style synthetic belt and an UA undershirt would get me some real "WTF" looks.

I'm a tall, fit guy and concealing a G19 while wearing J Crew is nearly impossible. The material is just too thin and even with a good beltman belt it still prints. I haven't found a holster that works. Appendix carry is the worst - it looks like I am pregnant or have a colostomy bag.

So I carry a 642 in a Smartcarry holster. The draw time is slow but I can conceal that gun in my underwear without printing. Honestly.

My point is that depending on how you dress and if you have a gut or not - you might have to carry a different gun.

I first carried an officer sized 1911 and had no trouble hiding it. Funds were tight so I sold it and got the g19 and thought I couldn't hide it at all and went to the shield. Shield is very easy to conceal and I like it a lot. I just wanted more rounds so trying Glock again. Your advice is sound though, maybe just keep going with what I know works.

faster200
03-29-16, 08:12
I make sure I get T-shirts that are sized correctly for me

I should have qualified that statement. I prefer to wear my T-shirts/polos with the shoulder seam right on the outside edge of my shoulder with out dropping down my arm. It places the end of the sleeve a few inches above my elbow and with common sizing, the hem about 2-3" below my natural waistline. Generally, this also make the circumference of the hem of the shirt large enough to allow CCW without printing while keeping a slim, moderately pleasing profile (according to my fashionable wife). Like I said, this is correct for me. I have a 44ish" chest but a 36" waist. I have found as I loose weight and improve my fitness, my waistline is dropping, making AIWB easier as my shirts now hang differently and do not press against my stomach. I can generally apply this to T-shirts and Polos to set myself up for success. I hope my explanation makes sense.

Tzook
03-29-16, 08:23

For those carry appendix, do you have it right at true appendix (1,o'clock) or do you carry more 12 o'clock? 1 o'clock digs into the top of my leg when sitting down. 12 o'clock gives me a little anxiety being right over the goods, (I know, I need to stop overthinking) :)

I carry at about 12-1230. Slightly on the right side, but pretty much OTP. (over the pecker) I can't do 1-130 because it's too uncomfortable to sit or move around.

Nightstalker865
03-29-16, 08:49
I have a tough time doing it in just a t-shirt. I'm 6' 180lbs for reference.

In the summer I typically switch over to carrying my M&P Shield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MegademiC
03-29-16, 09:27
I carry a full sized m&p and have to go to a shield for anything but appendix. I can conceal it, but as soon as I sit or bend or twist, the fs prints bad. I have a large chest and my shirts hang over my abs, even fitted ones, so Aiwb carry never prints unless I twist, and even then it's minimal enough to not worry about.

Good luck. And yes, a good belt and holster are a must. I could probably find one that works for 4:00, carry, but don't care enough to experiment at this point.

tgreening
03-29-16, 09:42
Ditto what Don said. I stopped carrying IWB quite a while ago and have no interest in going back. I make a reasonable concession on what I wear, and forget about it. Most people see what they expect to see, most of the time even LEOs, and as mentioned your actions will gain you way more attention than your waist line. I carry either a full size Beretta PX4, or a compact Springfield. Mosty because that's what I have holsters for and one is "work" and the other "casual".

WVBartMan
03-29-16, 09:44

I could not say it better than Donlapalma. I run a Dale Fricke holster with a G17 everyday in all parts of the US and I have yet to be spotted as someone carrying concealed.

Koshinn
03-29-16, 09:49
For a tee... Dark(er) color, casual fit, heavier material like a Haines beefy, Gildan heavy, etc. Patterns help if available. Start with a UA or similar layer underneath the tee to keep the gun/gear from chafing skin, and to help the tee slip and move freely. Holster selection and waist size can play a role. It probably doesn't print as much as you think.

Came to post basically this exact advice. Darker colors, a size bigger than normal, heavy material, and patterns.

Didn't think about a slick under layer - my holster doesn't cause chafing, but helping the shirt move freely is a good bonus.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Wait... disregard.

kt1589
03-29-16, 10:34
Appendix carry my G19 with a spare mag. I've been trying out the Blue Force Gear Belt Pouch for my spare mag and so far I like it, because it fits snug next to my body. I'd say depending on where you live I wouldn't sweat the printing. Besides most sheeple aren't paying attention.

TAZ
03-29-16, 10:46
It's going to take some experimentation with holsters and shirts. There is a reason why most of us have a box of unused holsters around. I'm 5'6" and yoyo between 180 and 195. Raven Pahantom IWB can make a G21+x300 work with a loose fitting Tshirt when I'm at the lower end of the weight spectrum. I'm at the upper end of that spectrum now and I can still make a VP9+APL disappear under a loose button down using a JMCK IWB holster. VP9 no light works OK AIWB @ around 12:30 but since I'm up there in weight it really exaggerates my Buddha belly. G44 in a Darkstar clip on disappears with gym shorts and Tshirt.

Ask someone other than you to see if you're printing. I use my wife as the guine pig. Since we know where the gun is and what we are looking for or what part is causing the crease, fold... We are more perceptive to gun.

jmoore
03-29-16, 10:48
First off - I'm 6'5" and 275#, and currently carry OWB at 4 o'clock in a Safariland GLS holster. My weapon is a G26 - but I have the Grip-X extended G19 mag in it - so it is for all intents and purposes a G19. Starting next week - I will be switching to a Sig P320 Compact with the same holster type and location.

When I wear only a t-shirt, it is always a black/dark Carhartt (i.e., heavy cotton - even in the summer). If it is a relatively "new" shirt that hasn't shrunk over time - I wear a 2XL/Tall - which is neither tight nor loose, and is fine for "just standing" or for things like running out to the store to get milk & bread. Part of my shirts are 3XL/Talls - which takes care of either long-term shrinkage or those situations when I want a little more movement ability with minimal printing. I admit - the overly-large shirts DO look a bit more "casual" than the 2XLs do.

In two years of CCW (I'm in the Republik of Illinois, so I'm relatively new to "legal carry") - no one has ever commented on any printing, and that includes my CCW buds who WOULD point it out if I printed:)
IF some stranger ever does comment or ask what is under my shirt - my prepared answer is - "that's the overflow reservoir for my ostomy bag - want to see it?"

geezer john

PS - I know the OP was asking about t-shirts, but have you ever considered switching shirt types? I am a college professor, and always wear some type or style of patterned Hawaiian shirt - out. For the 2 years immediately preceding Illinois allowing CCW, I wore some type of CC holster to the campus every day - just to see if anyone would notice, and to find out what worked well, and what didn't. (FWIW - that's when I determined that OWB was far better than IWB - at least for me.) For the second of those two years, I often would have a SIRT or dummy pistol in the holster. Note: this means standing in front of a classroom of people much of the day, as well as interacting with other faculty and the 14 sworn officers we have on campus. NOT ONCE did anyone mention anything or ask about it. I guess I should mention that all of my Hawaiian shirts are custom made in terms of size and length (and I send my seamstress the material as well - which allows me to have "dog" shirts, "guitar" shirts, "motorcycle" shirts, etc., etc.:) YMMV

Springfield
03-29-16, 10:51
I don't have a G19 but carry a full size 1911 in a Crossbreed Supertuck or a XDs in a Galco King Tuk on a good belt at about 4:00 and it seems to work for me. With only a t-shirt on the 1911 prints a little bit but unless someone is looking for a gun, they won't notice a thing. Focus on a comfortable style of carry and don't worry if there is a small amount of printing, nobody cares enough to notice.

GTF425
03-29-16, 10:59

Personally, I carry more towards the 12. I have the luxury of being a slimmer guy and have no problem carrying a 19 appendix.

As other members have stated, I believe that the only people who would even notice you printing are other guys who carry. Even appendix can be spotted by a trained dude, no matter what we tell ourselves. The average person walking around isn't looking for a gun on someone's waist, so they won't see what they don't expect.

Eurodriver hit the nail on the head with his post that sometimes, we might have to carry a different gun than we want based on how we dress and our body types. Find the handgun that meets your needs, get a good holster, and don't swest it, brother.

Eurodriver
03-29-16, 11:06
Pictures or it didn't happen.

Wait... disregard.

Pics have actually already been posted almost a year ago.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?169749-SmartCarry-a-useless-G43-deep-concealment-and-remaining-effective/page3

I've since deleted them, however.

Reference the following pictures. I am wearing board shorts and no t-shirt. I have a G26 and a spare 10rd magazine completely concealed. The pics are linked so none of your women get jealous if they happened to be in the room when you opened the thread.

Heavy Metal
03-29-16, 12:09
I just don't care that I print. People seldom notice anyways.

samuse
03-29-16, 12:38

That's the only thing that lets me pull it off. Glocks print horribly on me no matter what. If I need to actually conceal, I carry a Glock 43 in my boot or more regularly a Sig P239 in a JM AIWB or Crossbreed Supertuck. Sometimes in a Raven OWB.

They don't call 'em Blocks for nuthin'...

GunBugBit
03-29-16, 12:38
Quality leather belt like a Galco Cop belt, quality inside-the-waistband leather holster like this one (http://www.mcssl.com/store/a9856d0dead4463ea8f07338d4d909/catalog/product/8be714c37a794276be2299068100eb51), belt cinched somewhat tight to keep the gun close to your body, carried at the 3:30 or 4:00 position.

LibertyNeverDies
03-29-16, 13:56
I carry a Glock 19 RTF2 in an Eidolon with the claw, wedge and both clips. I also have it riding at a higher height for a quicker draw. It conceals better lower but I didn't find the need for lower carry. I have a 33-34 waist and use a stiff Allen Edmond belt. I'm 6 foot 175 pounds with a flabby 4 pack.

If wearing a slim fitting medium sized T shit I print but feel comfortable running errands around town. The closer I bring the gun to 12 o'clock the less I print. Same applies for a slimmer fitting polo. I wear medium regular southern fit southern tide polo shirts. In a RL regular fit polo I wouldn't print at all.

LibertyNeverDies
03-29-16, 15:46
I'm 21 and work in what many consider the most liberal area in the southeast which is Carrboro/Chapel Hill NC. If my co workers found out I was carrying I'd be done. I can wear slim fit sweaters in the winter and conceal my 19. This summer it's going to be untucked polo's and shorts with my Glock 43. There are times when I just don't carry. This summer we'll see how creative I can get. I can't conceal with my suits due to the cut and I wear them a lot in the summer. I've been looking at ankle and smart carry but I wonder if I couldn't run away faster than I could get the gun out.

When I go out to have a good time I'm normally drinking so I don't carry since in NC it's illegal to have any level of alcohol in the bloodstream while carrying.

donlapalma
03-29-16, 15:56
A dose of "who gives a shit" while carrying a gun and having any sort of normal non-basement dwelling lifestyle is a surefire way to get fired, arrested, or at the very least end up going home to adult videos and some lotion.

I seriously can't be the only guy who feels that way on here?

Since you're quoting me, I'll add that my comment was specific to the question in the OP: "How do you conceal carry your Glock with a t-shirt?" Also, the "who gives a shit" comment should not be taken for promoting haphazardness or carelessness, but for having confidence in the way one chooses to carry. If the OP, is trying to find more effective ways to carry under a t-shirt there has been plenty of good advice given here to help him out. Ultimately my advice is this, however you choose to carry, do it with the right gear/clothing for your given scenario and carry with confidence.

For the guys who haven't been carrying that long that might be reading this, there isn't ONE way to carry. If you carry long enough, you will realize and learn that you may need different guns, holsters, belts etc. to allow you to remain armed in different social or work situations. I hope this clarifies things.

bear13
03-29-16, 16:16
I never worried too much about printing because I always wore looser clothes. But I got a ua t shirt for xmas once and made a big difference in printing. I also like to wear flannel/plaid stuff so the prints help hide lines.

I carry everywhere, but work. I work in a small town thank god. But other then that funerals, family get togethers whatever. I do not drink when I go out. I can do that at home. The wife does not give a shit so I do not worry about the girl/bj situation. If I did not work at a school district I would carry. These days going out and about unarmed is not a warm and fuzzy feeling.

mkmckinley
03-29-16, 19:30
Don't you people have jobs that wouldn't take too kindly to you carrying a firearm? Yep, I'm active duty so I don't carry at work.

Don't you people go into NPEs? Like banks and saloons? Yeah, I go to those but I don't bring my gun with me.

Aren't any of you under the age of 30? No but my smokin hot wife is. She carries too.

If I had some need to conceal without like enemy C.O.B.R.A agents finding out I'd probably just wear a jacket or something.

Obagual
03-29-16, 19:44
Thank you all for sharing your personal carry methods and sharing some that haven't worked for you.
As one mentioned, there is a lot of great advice here and a lot to personally try.
Thank you!

birdkiller
03-29-16, 19:57
Don't you people have jobs that wouldn't take too kindly to you carrying a firearm? Don't you people go into NPEs? Aren't any of you under the age of 30 and actively out courting females?.
I seriously can't be the only guy who feels that way on here?

Exactly. The "nobody will notice" thing goes out the window when you actually spend time around people. I'm in my 20s. I dress like I'm in my 20s. A size too big of a heavy, dark, horribly fitting shirt isn't a route I'm going to take.

I'm carrying a 19, 17 reload, and a clinch pick, with zero printing. Don't settle for some "most people won't notice" bull crap. I don't care about those people. I care about that girl on the couch next to me noticing, or the tactical Timmy in Walmart, or the real criminal threat, so I carry in a way that they won't. Problem solved.

Chest bigger than waist. Holster that tucks in the grip and rides pretty low. Decent belt. For me slight bit of forward cant at about 12:30.

Do that and you're golden. If it's not working cause your shirt is extra tight that day to show off your work in the gym, carry a smaller gun in a sneakier way and live with the limitation.

I got sick and tired of constantly having to "Catch" a girls arm as she went to hug me to put her arm over my arm to make sure she didn't grab my gun. It was like this delicate ballet of sliding my arm under hers as she came in to say hello. It's not just girls I'm trying to nail either. I don't want, for example, my high school math teacher that I might run into trying to hug me and feeling a Glock on my waistband.

I thought I had this fixed with appendix, but I've had my gun hit twice now from a "you're so funny" slap to my stomach. Tried the colostomy bag thing once as a joke, but freaking millennials don't know what that is apparently.

Ernst
03-29-16, 19:59
Rule of thumb: You dress around the gun you want to carry.

MountainRaven
03-29-16, 20:11
Two years ago, I was able to carry a P30L in a Comp-Tac MTAC and a spare 15-round magazine IWB on an Ares Ranger belt under a tight-fitting, trendy polo shirt, with no printing. The last two years, I've been carrying OWB and wearing untucked button-ups designed to be worn as cover garments without using more material than a small schooner's sails.

This year, I think I'm going to go back to IWB and see if I can get away with that trendy (less trendy now) polo again with my 1911 in a VMII on a Magpul Tejas El Original.

Don't you people have jobs that wouldn't take too kindly to you carrying a firearm? Don't you people go into NPEs? Aren't any of you under the age of 30 and actively out courting females? I got sick and tired of constantly having to "Catch" a girls arm as she went to hug me to put her arm over my arm to make sure she didn't grab my gun. It was like this delicate ballet of sliding my arm under hers as she came in to say hello. It's not just girls I'm trying to nail either. I don't want, for example, my high school math teacher that I might run into trying to hug me and feeling a Glock on my waistband.

My solution for this is simple: I'm Norwegian. Norwegians don't hug.

Ernst
03-29-16, 20:12
My solution for this is simple: I'm Norwegian. Norwegians don't hug.

OMG....that was hilarious.

RHINOWSO
03-29-16, 20:13
It's amazing what being in some semblance of shape will do for ease of carry. That and a good belt, holster, and understanding what works for you and what doesn't.

MegademiC
03-29-16, 20:14
Since euro asked, or NPEs I carry the shield. I can conceal it with a tucked in fitted shirt. Anything thicker makes me look pregnant. Being a guy, it doesn't work too well.

RHINOWSO
03-29-16, 20:19
And for the 100% deep concealment I'll ankle carry a J-frame or pocket carry a LCP.

titsonritz
03-29-16, 20:39
I've carried 2 Glock 19s in opposite hand Dale Fricke AIWB holster @ 11 & 1 o'clock and a spare mag @ 12 wearing only a T-shirt or collared polo type shirt at work (very NPE). The shirt needs to be sized up one notch, be dark in color (a picture of something is even better) and a heavy material.

Guitarman
03-29-16, 20:48
I carry my Glock 27 by using a Clipdraw and either a loose fitting t-shirt or an overshirt untucked. It may not be the best solution, but it stays in place and does not have the added bulk of a holster.

ST911
03-29-16, 21:04
NSFW content removed.

FlyingHunter
03-29-16, 21:05

I totally agree with the post above with one additional recommendation from someone who does CCW with a G19. Get a well designed gun belt. That also makes a very significant contribution to managing the gun close to the body.

samuse
03-29-16, 21:39
I carry my Glock 27 by using a Clipdraw and either a loose fitting t-shirt or an overshirt untucked. It may not be the best solution, but it stays in place and does not have the added bulk of a holster.

The Raven Vanguards are great for that and they have much better retention and cover the trigger guard. I use one quite a bit and love it.

Endur
03-29-16, 21:53
Are you iwb or owb with the phantom?

OWB. I will attempt pics this weekend.

quackhead
03-30-16, 02:02
Body type plays a huge part in how easy it is to conceal. A lot of shirts tend to taper at the bottom which doesn't help printing. A straight bodied shirt helps alleviate this a bit. I wear fitted clothing ( even suits) and my Glock 19 and spare ammo do not print .
As others have mentioned, a solid dedicated concealment gun belt goes a long way in helping hide your system
When I go appendix with the eidolon , it's literally to the right of my zipper( right handed ). IWB with the versamax 2 is between 2:45 and 3

Etho
03-30-16, 08:36
Carry a 26 in an MTAC or 17 w/TLR1 in a CTAC daily/year round. Never had a problem, even in relatively(read: not smedium) tight tshirts.

Hmac
03-30-16, 08:45
I solved the Glock concealability problem by dumping the Glock and getting a Walther PPS (part of my Glock Inventory Reduction plan). If that's not an option, the solution is the Baggy T. The stocking hat and hanging medallion are optional-but-fashion-forward accessories and I highly recommend them to complete the ensemble while still keeping yourself safe from your homies.

http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1RLNYJVXXXXa1XpXXq6xXFXXXp/100-Original-Hip-Hop-Famous-Brand-Men-s-Denim-Jeans-Tshirt-T-Suit-Cotton-Zipper-Baggy.jpg

domestique
03-30-16, 09:19
I don't carry a G19, but have no problem carrying the bigger G20, M&P 9mm FS, HK P30L, or HK45CT.

All appendix carry, with a t-shirt/golf polo. I've found an under shirt/tank top really helps avoiding your outer shirt clinging to the grip.

ETA: I have 2 small kids so I'm CONSTANTLY chasing after them, bending down and in awkward positions out in public (i.e. playgrounds)... Appendix carry is the only method of carry that allows the freedom of movement without printing, fast one handed draw and the ability to bring a FS pistol with me when performing executive protection duty (dad work).

I've also used a smart carry holster when I needed a tucked option (Government size 1911!), and I always carry a Kahr CM9 in my weak side pocket for a backup/black tie events.

Kyohte
03-30-16, 11:07
I may be dating myself, but t-shirts are kids clothing (or gym clothing). Find some good quality button up shirts or polos. You'll look nicer and conceal better. Okay, go ahead, call me Grandpa.

This advise is, of course, after you get a good holster and good belt.

Firefly
03-30-16, 13:11
Smaller pistol in summer like a Walther.
Slightly oversized t shirt.

Or...the burt gummer vest if you no longer GAF.

Frailer
03-30-16, 13:14
I may be dating myself, but t-shirts are kids clothing (or gym clothing). Find some good quality button up shirts or polos. You'll look nicer and conceal better. Okay, go ahead, call me Grandpa.

FWIW, I am of the same opinion.

SteveL
03-30-16, 13:58
I generally carry a VP9 or PPQ with no problem in a Comp-Tac IWB holster positioned around 4:00 pretty much just like Sam on page 1. It doesn't really matter if I'm wearing jeans and a polo or cargo pants and a T-Shirt. It prints like crazy if I bend over at the waist, so I just have to be careful to squat rather than bend. I'm sure it still prints some, but I came to the realization that most people just won't notice. FWIW my phone in an Otter Box on my belt prints worse than my pistol and that likely pulls the attention away from my pistol.

Stengun
03-30-16, 15:56
Howdy,

What this guy^^^^^^^ says.

For starters no one cares or will notice you have a gun.

You would not believe the number of times I've spotted someone CCWing (since I've been carrying a handgun for well over 30 years I know what to look for ) and have pointed it out to other people. 3 out of 5 times the other person can NOT spot the gun even after I have pointed it out to them.

I my EDC is a Glock 23( same size as a 19) and I carry it a 3:00 OWB in a Glock sport holster. I've been carry this 23 for 10 years now and have carried it with everything from cutoff w/tank top to slacks and a sport coat.

I'm an Ordained Minister and perform non-religious marriages and two weekends ago I performed a service in front of 200 people while carrying my G23 under a sport coat, attended the ceremony afterwards and no one notice. Heck, even my wife said "I can't believe you didn't bring your gun." Me: I just opened up jacket exposing my G23.

Wife "Wow! I didn't know you had it with you."

Me "That's why it's called Concealed Carry."

No one will notice and/or care. If someone happens to see you pistola, unless you look like you just escaped from prison, everyone will think your a cop, or nowadays will think you have a permit.

Don't overthink it.

Paul

DirectTo
03-30-16, 16:04

This advise is, of course, after you get a good holster and good belt.
You aren't dating yourself...I'm in my mid to late 20s and use T-shirts for nothing but house/lawn work and exercising.

Polos and button downs, especially darker and/or with patterns, make it easy for me (5'10" and 170) to hide a G19 year round in a Galco King Tuk. About the only thing I do differently is squat or lean to my strong side instead of leaning forward to pick something up.

ritepath
03-30-16, 18:46
Pancake holster and good belt, dark colored T's.

daniel87
03-30-16, 18:58
Dale fricke holsters iwb or aiwb

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Stengun
03-31-16, 00:20
Howdy,

Several people have mentioned the appendix carry but it just doesn't work for me.

I never could bend over because the gun would poke my groin area. I couldn't sit down, drive a car, etc. without it poking my groin area.

I guess if I wore my pants up under my armpits like Urkele I could have made it work.

Paul

Endur
03-31-16, 00:55
Plain t-shirts > polo's, button downs, etc.

Graphic t's are for the kids.

moonshot
03-31-16, 12:42
I'm in the same boat as the OP. Try as I might, I have not figured out how to conceal a G19 under a light weight shirt (Tee, Polo, doesn't matter).

I would love to buy a G19, but at a NIB price of $550 (+-), holster and sights, I'm at $800 and I just can't justify the expense. I carry a G26 IWB year round. In the fall, winter and spring (when I am wearing a heavier covering garment, even inside), I load up my G26 with a G19 magazine. In the summer, when I have just a light weight shirt on, and may be tucking in that shirt, I load up with a G26 magazine (with GAP floor plate).

With a G26 magazine I almost have to try and make the G26 print, even with a tucked in shirt. Also works in a Smartcarry and a Fobus ankle rig (I know most here hate Fobus, but I've found their ankle rigs to be outstanding, and at only $45 a great buy).

The only way I've found a light weight untucked shirt will cover my G26 with G19 magazine inserted is if I wear it at 3 o'clock with a forward cant. The problem I have with this is I haven't found a tuckable kydex IWB that will stay put at the 3 o'clock piston, and I also don't like a forward cant unless the gun is behind my hip.

Even with a gadget I don't think I would carry a SF gun AIWB.

Tuck the shirt in with the G26/G19 mag combo and it's hit or miss. A dark colored, heavy polo or oversized Tee, bloused around the gun, will generally work, but the shirts have to be big, dark and the holster can't move. I use a C-Tac and it seems to want to migrate to 4 or 4:30 all on its own.

If I ever find the right combination of holster, carry position, and light weight shirt that would allow me to carry a G19 year round, even tucked in, and I would be a happy camper. Until then, my G26 will have to do.

SGTMAJ
04-01-16, 11:41
I walk around with a great looking woman with big mamory glands no on pays attention to the guy in the t-shirt with the glock

Eurodriver
04-01-16, 13:54
I walk around with a great looking woman with big mamory glands no on pays attention to the guy in the t-shirt with the glock

The Smaj wins.

ST911
04-01-16, 17:07
Take it to PM. There's no need to ruin yet another thread with such NSFW content.

Grip
04-01-16, 17:54
Appendix carry a Kydex Werks Plan-B rig with an untucked t-shirt.

nick84
04-01-16, 20:43

Best plan yet.

I agree with two points made here more than any others: Your self-consciousness about it lies to you. It's probably not nearly as bad as you think.

And; control that waistline. I know that's easier said than done.

I'm 5'8" about 185 to 190. I have a 46" chest, and a 34" waist. As I have large legs, I go a pant size big (36), and then carry IWB at 4:00. I wear a tshirt that fits my shoulders (XL) and so falls a little long past my waist. Same for polos or button ups. This causes me to appear at first glance to be a little puffier than I actually am, but I could probably carry full size and no one would notice. I've tried more holsters than I care to mention, and have noticed that some work better than other for different pant/shirt combos. I like it where the grip cants forward a little, and rides fairly low under my belt. Point being here, is that if you're going to carry and discretion is important, it kind of has to be the first thing you dress around, doing the best with what your particular bodytype will allow. Foregoing appearance, style, possibly seasonal comfort, etc.

And to answer Euro's question: You gotta be slick if you're at a new lady's place, and you're going to get that thing in bedroom, off, and back on without getting busted. :) I place a lady on my left arm, and use my right elbow to ever so slightly cover the incidental bumps on my right side.

Endur
04-01-16, 20:52
Best plan yet.

I agree with two points made here more than any others: Your self-consciousness about it lies to you. It's probably not nearly as bad as you think.

And; control that waistline. I know that's easier said than done.

I'm 5'8" about 185 to 190. I have a 46" chest, and a 34" waist. As I have large legs, I go a pant size big (36), and then carry IWB at 4:00. I wear a tshirt that fits my shoulders (XL) and so falls a little long past my waist. Same for polos or button ups. This causes me to appear at first glance to be a little puffier than I actually am, but I could probably carry full size and no one would notice. I've tried more holsters than I care to mention, and have noticed that some work better than other for different pant/shirt combos. I like it where the grip cants forward a little, and rides fairly low under my belt. Point being here, is that if you're going to carry and discretion is important, it kind of has to be the first thing you dress around, doing the best with what your particular bodytype will allow. Foregoing appearance, style, possibly seasonal comfort, etc.

And to answer Euro's question: You gotta be slick if you're at a new lady's place, and you're going to get that thing in bedroom, off, and back on without getting busted. :) I place a lady on my left arm, and use my right elbow to ever so slightly cover the incidental bumps on my right side.

Good points haha. You have to be more than 185-190 at 5'8" having a 46" chest and 34" waist. Hell I am 5'9.5" and float between 190-193 and my chest is 43" and waist is 32-33". You must have a wide bone structure; bastard. Haha

nick84
04-01-16, 21:13
Good points haha. You have to be more than 185-190 at 5'8" having a 46" chest and 34" waist. Hell I am 5'9.5" and float between 190-193 and my chest is 43" and waist is 32-33". You must have a wide bone structure; bastard. Haha
Yep....wide. Lol. I hate clothes shopping. Jeans never fit.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Arik
04-02-16, 10:20
G19 24/7/365. Very rarely is it something else and only when dress attire prevents wearing the Glock

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160402/810302f3ed51d42e4cfb7f201c125589.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160402/e77e43d0b4bd9bdd37207b43aa6399ee.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160402/999f0eab0ae2670a095cd2c67be8d1d8.jpg

Pardon the use of the 1980s decor in the employee bathroom

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

glocksalot
04-02-16, 12:47
something like a smartcarry or this:

http://www.cherriesapparel.com/collections/all/products/medina-below-the-waistband-bwb-deep-concealment-holster

could work for those that invest some time on the draw stroke/practice of bringing the pistol into play. IT IS NOT FOR EVERYONE though. It rides just above the belt line and allows me to hide my duty 17 or 19 easily, albeit, a tight area when going to grab for the pistol. It is easy to replicate the type of holster Mr. Cohen has created so you can make it as personal to your needs as you want.

And just for further information, I don't have any issues hiding my 19 in a "regular" AIWB holster at about 0100-0130, but with the low riding holster like the "medina," it takes all my doubt away that anyone will ever notice that I am concealing.

Obagual
04-02-16, 13:38
G19 24/7/365. Very rarely is it something else and only when dress attire prevents wearing the Glock

Pardon the use of the 1980s decor in the employee bathroom

I can't tell... Is that a crossbreed?

Arik
04-02-16, 13:39
Galco King Tuck

samuse
04-02-16, 15:26
Crossbreeds are actually really good holsters if you trim everything down to where you can get a full grip on the pistol.

I have two and they're pretty unuseable the way they come, but I can easily use 'em for anything after a good trimming.

556BlackRifle
04-02-16, 16:17
My current EDCs are the Glock G19 - G23 and the G36 in warmer weather. I've been carrying since the early 1980s and have CCWd full sized duty weapons with no trouble at all. The trick is as donlapalma mentions in post # 7. Be confident. Have a good belt and holster. Walk normally swinging both arms normally as you walk. Don't constantly cover, fidget or feel for your weapon. Don't constantly feel / check your clothing. These are telltale signs that you are packing heat.

Obagual
04-02-16, 16:40
My current EDCs are the Glock G19 - G23 and the G36 in warmer weather. I've been carrying since the early 1980s and have CCWd full sized duty weapons with no trouble at all. The trick is as donlapalma mentions in post # 7. Be confident. Have a good belt and holster. Walk normally swinging both arms normally as you walk. Don't constantly cover, fidget or feel for your weapon. Don't constantly feel / check your clothing. These are telltale signs that you are packing heat.

Just curious, what's your belt/holster combo?

dirkmagurk
04-02-16, 19:58
I've been using a JM custom appendix holster to carry my G19 for two years and couldn't be happier.

Arik
04-02-16, 21:14
Crossbreeds are actually really good holsters if you trim everything down to where you can get a full grip on the pistol.

I have two and they're pretty unuseable the way they come, but I can easily use 'em for anything after a good trimming.
So true. I have one for a S&W 5906. No longer have the gun but yea you're right. ....there is no way to get a real firm grip until you cut into the holster.....a lot. The 5906 I had to pull out with my thumb gripping the rear sight

P2Vaircrewman
04-02-16, 21:44
Appendix with a Blade Tech Klipt Ambi. I am 5'10" 165, no problem.

Gary1911A1
04-03-16, 05:42
If you are tall or just want to make sure the grip of your 19 remains covered these shirts will help.
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/workwear/longtail-t-shirts/longer-shirts.aspx?feature=MN-Apr-7-LT

556BlackRifle
04-03-16, 10:22
Just curious, what's your belt/holster combo?

I have a few different belts. My favorite is a Filson Double (http://www.filson.com/1-1-2-double-belt.html). This belt offers great comfort and support whether carrying IWB or OWB. I also have a Looper Kydex reinforced belt (http://www.amazon.com/Reinforced-Looper-Series-1-5-Inch-42-Inch/dp/B00U7ZE2MA) which is great when a thinner belt is needed. (Certain holsters don't play well with double thick belts and it looks a lot better when wearing a suit.)

Holsters, where do I start..... For Glock pistols:

Leather: Milt Sparks - VM2 (http://www.miltsparks.com/products-versa-max-2.php), 55BN (http://www.miltsparks.com/products-55-bn.php) and Galco Concealable (http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/313215/galco-concealable-belt-holster-glock-17-22-31-leather?cm_mmc=pf_ci_google-_-Shooting%20-%20Holsters%20%26%20Belts-_-Galco-_-313215&gclid=CjwKEAjw_oK4BRDym-SDq-aczicSJAC7UVRtAAUdjNMJRvnu-pHkTrMzDfciJN4qUqiKNP8o2HfiChoC90_w_wcB). The VM2 is very comfortable and rides higher when compared with other IWB holsters I own. The 55BN is a great OWB holster. Not the best for concealment but it looks good in court. My Galco Concealable is a great under coat OWB holster and it conceals very well.

Hybrid: Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe (https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/HotcakesStore/ProductViewer/tabid/113/slug/SuperTuck-Deluxe/Default.aspx?utm_source=ammoland). The crossbreed is by far the ugliest holster I've ever owned however, it is the most comfortable by a long shot. It rides low and conceals very well. I don't tuck my shirt in, just an untucked loose fitting shirt as a cover garment.

Kydex: Galco Triton (https://www.galcogunleather.com/triton-kydex-iwb-holster_8_7_1318.html). This holster was a huge surprise. I needed an off the shelf (in stock) holster for my G23 while waiting on Milt Sparks (10 - 11 month wait at that time.) to make my VM2. I picked the Triton up for $45 and didn't expect much from it. Boy was I ever wrong. This has turned out to be a great holster. The clip holds much better than expected and it's very comfortable.

If you have any specific questions about these holsters please let me know.

DHart
04-28-16, 12:19
I wear shorts and a t-shirt almost every day and can easily conceal a G19, full size M&P40, G17, G21SF.

The key for me is: solid gun belt, minimalist holster, quality weight t-shirt that isn't "skin tight" (Duluth t-shirts are awesome, nice, ample weight).

G21SF:
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp59/zmonki/Glocks/P1010683.jpg (http://s397.photobucket.com/user/zmonki/media/Glocks/P1010683.jpg.html)

T-shirt doesn't have to be huge, just not "tight".
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp59/zmonki/Glocks/P1010679.jpg (http://s397.photobucket.com/user/zmonki/media/Glocks/P1010679.jpg.html)

And, as mentioned earlier, don't stress over a little mild printing now and then... no one else knows what -if anything- is under your shirt and unless you look rather odd, chances are no one else is paying much, if any, attention to you anyway!

My favorite holsters are High Noon Bare Asset (canted) and Mister Softy (straight), which are readily available for most pistols, not expensive, and do the job exceptionally well. They wear like you aren't even wearing a holster. Aside from canted vs. straight, these two holsters are identical.

This one is a High Noon Mister Softy; their Bare Asset is the same holster but with a mild forward cant to it.
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp59/zmonki/Smith%20and%20Wesson%20M%20and%20P/P1010332.jpg (http://s397.photobucket.com/user/zmonki/media/Smith%20and%20Wesson%20M%20and%20P/P1010332.jpg.html)

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp59/zmonki/Smith%20and%20Wesson%20M%20and%20P/P1010331.jpg (http://s397.photobucket.com/user/zmonki/media/Smith%20and%20Wesson%20M%20and%20P/P1010331.jpg.html)

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp59/zmonki/Colt%201911s/P1010380.jpg (http://s397.photobucket.com/user/zmonki/media/Colt%201911s/P1010380.jpg.html)

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp59/zmonki/Colt%201911s/P1010378.jpg (http://s397.photobucket.com/user/zmonki/media/Colt%201911s/P1010378.jpg.html)

Tequila45
04-28-16, 18:12
Chest bigger than waist. Holster that tucks in the grip and rides pretty low. Decent belt. For me slight bit of forward cant at about 12:30.

Do that and you're golden. If it's not working cause your shirt is extra tight that day to show off your work in the gym, carry a smaller gun in a sneakier way and live with the limitation.

I haven't been carrying for long but I have realized your build determines how you should carry. Bigger chest and shoulders tend to drape the shirt over the gun/holster. If you have a gut, not saying it can't be done but, it will be harder to appendix. Trust me I tried before, lost a few pounds and now it works better. Darks colors also.

gooseman07
04-28-16, 18:28
Has anyone ever had an aliengear? I just bought one and it feels super comfortable but I'm trying it with T shirts at a side or 4 o'clock carry and the grip pushes out my shirt to print.

Endur
04-30-16, 19:50
A little late but here are a couple pics. Shirt is a large for reference.

QuickStrike
05-01-16, 12:14
I carry a glock 19 and sometimes a full sized 1911 with a T-shirt. I also a compact edition at 5'3". heh

What seems to work:

good holster that doesn't have the loops directly on top of the gun

T-shirt a little loose and untucked. Doesnt have to be sloppy looking either. A typical T-shirt in large serves me. Darker and thicker fabric prints less, patterns is a plus.

reasonably flat abdomen

shoulders that are wider than your stomach/love handles.

some glutes could probably help to naturally crease the T-shirt and create a hollow in the small of the back area for the gun to hide in.

Having love handles and a Hank Hill type ass will press the gun grip out more and lets the shirt hang straight down without many creases = print city imo.

JC5188
05-01-16, 15:39

What do you trim? I have two (very early) CB's and they were gtg for me as is.

I'd be interested in how they could be made even better, however.

The Dumb Gun Collector
05-01-16, 21:40
My advice is pretty lame, but obviously a slightly large dark colored T-shirt. Your holster needs to have zero-cant in my experience. Unfortunately, the better the holster is at presenting the gun for the draw the worse it is for concealment. I remember the old Bianchi soft-leather clip-in holsters were fantastic concealment holsters because they held the gun slightly low in the belt-line. A clip or very low-profile loops are also helpful.

Watrdawg
05-02-16, 07:20
I've been carrying my G19 for the last 3 years or so and have had no real issues printing. I keep my 19 in a CCC UNO IWB holster at the 3:30-4:00 position. During the summer I'm usually wearing a polo shirt, heavy T-shirt or a button up short sleeve shirt. The Duluth T-Shirts are great. A big part of it all is a good sturdy belt. I have a couple of the Belt Man belts and love them. I think one thing that helps me a bit is that I wear a large shirt but only have a 30" waist. Makes it easier to hid a gun for me.

HCrum87hc
05-02-16, 08:09

This. I wear a StealthgearUSA Onyx at 4:30 with tshirts all the time without issue. The darker the color, the better. Patterns also help to break up any printing. Sometimes, if the shirt is shorter, you have to make it a point not to reach above your head or bend over.

Eurodriver
05-02-16, 12:32
This. I wear a StealthgearUSA Onyx at 4:30 with tshirts all the time without issue. The darker the color, the better. Patterns also help to break up any printing. Sometimes, if the shirt is shorter, you have to make it a point not to reach above your head or bend over.

So what do you do if you're at an elementary school and have to bend over?

Do you just not do it? Or do you comply will idiot laws and let yourself be unarmed?

I'm not sacrificing range of motion, wardrobe choices, and freedom just to carry 8 more rounds in the magazine.

My G43 disappears in underwear.

Jaysop
05-02-16, 12:59
While on the topic of concealing in casual clothing, can someone recommend a good casual looking belt?
I have a wilderness and an Ares gear Ranger belt. I'm looking for something less tactical looking.

MegademiC
05-02-16, 13:35
While on the topic of concealing in casual clothing, can someone recommend a good casual looking belt?
I have a wilderness and an Ares gear Ranger belt. I'm looking for something less tactical looking.

I picked up the nexbelt tactical leather belt and love it so far. Decent stiffness, not too thick, and looks cool, imo. We'll see how it holds up. I havent had a leather belt last more than 6mo yet, but they've been cheap. This is my first leather carry belt.

nova3930
05-02-16, 14:11
Not a G19 but the P320 is similarly sized. For shorts/Tshirt, lately I'm loving carrying it in a Sticky Holster with my beltman belt. No clips gives you a lot of freedom to position for minimal printing and the sticky material its made out of just freakin stays put. It sticks to the pants, belt holds the pants up, no worries.

Beltman. Their standard 1.5 is stiff as youd want, really low key and blends in with everything from jeans to dress slacks (at least for me, I do wear boots with my dress slacks though :p )

http://www.thebeltman.net/www/htdocs/bh112.htm

HCrum87hc
05-02-16, 14:15

Do you just not do it? Or do you comply will idiot laws and let yourself be unarmed?

I'm not sacrificing range of motion, wardrobe choices, and freedom just to carry 8 more rounds in the magazine.

I have no reason to be at an elementary school, and if I need to be more discreet in my carry, I also have a PPS or an LCP that I carry with spare mags instead of my PPQ. It all depends on where I'm going and what I'm doing.

El Cid
05-02-16, 15:01

Have you seen Taran Tactical's +3 extensions? I can fit the G43, with TLR-6, and TTI +2 in my pocket. But a +3 as a reload would be slick.

MountainRaven
05-02-16, 16:37

Bend with your knees, not your back.

Well, you have space for one there, some of us don't. /dynamic

I've been wearing a Magpul Tejas El Original since about the beginning of the year. Apart from the difficulty in finding holsters that match the brown - which there aren't any, so don't bother - I'm pretty happy with it.

I also have an Ares Aegis and a Mean Gene Leather Aegis that I like that aren't super tactical looking.

Endur
05-02-16, 18:51

I know you were not directing that towards me, but I have no loss of range of motion. I simply avoid bending over incorrectly. Bend down like you are squating or deadlifting and you should be fine. Plus it is how you should be picking things up anyway haha. I also have a Shield I like to carry when it is hotter or when driving long distances as the G19 gets uncomfortable after a while.

Jaysop
05-02-16, 20:05
Some good belt options. I like the Magpul and the new belt ones. They seem like they look pretty casual. Now I just got to invest hundreds in holsters to figure out what fits right

nova3930
05-02-16, 20:10
I've been wearing a Magpul Tejas El Original since about the beginning of the year. Apart from the difficulty in finding holsters that match the brown - which there aren't any, so don't bother - I'm pretty happy with it.

So you like the Tejas? I've got a couple Beltmans but I've gotten a little thicker round the middle and they're at their limits. The polymer/leather hybrid intrigues me to bridge the gap while I drop some lpounds....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Obagual
05-02-16, 22:14
I have used A&G gun belts and really like them. http://agcustomgunleather.com/store/

Curious if anyone has used or uses a milt-sparks summer special 2 for a holster? Likes/dislikes?

domestique
05-02-16, 22:29
I have used A&G gun belts and really like them. http://agcustomgunleather.com/store/

Curious if anyone has used or uses a milt-sparks summer special 2 for a holster? Likes/dislikes?

I had one for a 1911. It was comfortable and hugged the body well. I've since gone strictly AIWB.

My JM custom AIWB just arrived last werk. So far I really like it. The extra tuck option really pushes the butt of the pistol into the body (in a good way). A HK P30L disappears with just a t-shirt.

MountainRaven
05-02-16, 22:30
So you like the Tejas? I've got a couple Beltmans but I've gotten a little thicker round the middle and they're at their limits. The polymer/leather hybrid intrigues me to bridge the gap while I drop some lpounds....

So far, yes, I'm quite fond of it.

Sensei
05-02-16, 22:55
So far, yes, I'm quite fond of it.

My only complaint with the Tejas is that it can be a bitch to thread through the belt loops of many kydex manufacturers. I settled on pancake wings with my RCS Phantoms, but mag pouches plus a holster are an all day affair in terms of getting dressed. And if you are using JM Custom - forget about it.

RHINOWSO
05-02-16, 23:01

Well good for you, obviously other people feel differently than you. And we aren't all basement dwelling freaks.

MountainRaven
05-02-16, 23:20
My only complaint with the Tejas is that it can be a bitch to thread through the belt loops of many kydex manufacturers. I settled on pancake wings with my RCS Phantoms, but mag pouches plus a holster are an all day affair in terms of getting dressed. And if you are using JM Custom - forget about it.

I've been using pretty much only leather holsters since I started wearing the Tejas, so I haven't really noticed any issue with kydex.

Sensei
05-03-16, 00:16
I've been using pretty much only leather holsters since I started wearing the Tejas, so I haven't really noticed any issue with kydex.

Yeah, it's great with my Milt Sparks VMs.

nova3930
05-03-16, 07:22
My Beltman is already a pain with my jm owb so that may be a deal breaker. Just get another Beltman quick ship and call it a day...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Eurodriver
05-03-16, 07:51
And we aren't all basement dwelling freaks.

I was reading through the responses to my post like "Hmm, good point.", "Nice post", "Ahh, I understand now."

Then I got to this gem, and I am legit confused af. I can't understand why you would think I think you are a basement dwelling freak, but then I began to wonder if you are accusing me of being a basement dwelling freak.

As a fellow Floridian, you should know that neither one of us could be basement dwelling anythings simply because there are no basements. If you didn't mean it in the literal sense and were implying that I don't get out much and just hang out on the internet, then I'd ask you to head down and have a neat whiskey with me in Ybor sometime.

However, be forewarned that you'd have to dress normal. No ATACS camo web belt and boots with a 2nd Amendment t-shirt tucked into 5.11 pants. You can't have an operator beard and you'd have to be able to hold a conversation with ladies that doesn't involve Obama, guns, or anything else that chumps would find themselves discussing. Of course this also applies only if you're under 30, because 40 year old dudes at the bar get ladies wondering "Why isn't he wifed up yet?" unless you're black then they don't care. Are you black?

Let me know fam. We can even call it BAsement Dwellers Not In Basements and make it a thing. BADNIB.

Getting back to guns, as a member of BADNIB you'd have to dress normally. Somewhat "Clean" and not like you just left a Ross. (Although, Ross has some pretty good shit if you actually look hard enough. Don't go to Ross for Jeans though) Because you're dressing normally you probably will find it difficult to conceal a G19 and it is a big ass gun to have on your hip should a lady decide she's enjoying your company.

This is why the G43 remains the only choice for today's modern professional man.

Striker
05-03-16, 14:20
Getting back to guns, as a member of BADNIB you'd have to dress normally. Somewhat "Clean" and not like you just left a Ross. (Although, Ross has some pretty good shit if you actually look hard enough. Don't go to Ross for Jeans though) Because you're dressing normally you probably will find it difficult to conceal a G19 and it is a big ass gun to have on your hip should a lady decide she's enjoying your company.

This is why the G43 remains the only choice for today's modern professional man.

LOL. I don't know about that last line, but you make an interesting point. Getting back to the OP, I really don't know what the standard for CC is on the internet. To me, it's dress around the gun or select the appropriate pistol to minimize printing issues or issues of having to completely alter the way you move. That would be my criteria, but that doesn't seem to be the case for everyone. And I've read a lot of comments about how most people don't notice printing issues. I'm not sure that's true. Maybe they don't say anything, which is not the same thing as they don't notice.

RHINOWSO
05-03-16, 20:13
I guess this is where I got it that from Euro.

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx113/rhinowso/qoute.png (http://s747.photobucket.com/user/rhinowso/media/qoute.png.html)

You certainly make a lot of assumptions, but that's your right.

So wax on if it makes you feel better. ;)

BCMNick
05-04-16, 01:47
I carry a 19 in a Galco Triton at 3 o'clock no problem. Even with a light cotton shirt (FL hot weather) with some love handles lol

ritepath
05-04-16, 06:08
Since I still refuse to stuff a gun in my pants, I only carry OWB. My favorite holster is a leather pancake, but I also like kydex with speed clips. It's easy to conceal most any sidearm with a loose fitting T good belt and pancake style holster. You may have minor printing but you'll also be able to sit down comfortably...it's worth it.

specopsscout
05-04-16, 08:59
I'm having a hard time imaging how a Glock 19 has serious printing issues unless;
A. you wear your clothing fairly form fitting.
B. you're very thin.
C. Both A and B.
Quite the opposite, I'm built more like a pear(some settling with age), make that a short pear, and have no issues concealing my daily carry Glock 17. My shoulders are still wider then my hips, which creates a natural void at my waist, and allows my tee shirt to drape fairly straight down past my belt line. I'm kinda attached to my penis, so I carry strong side behind the hip, in lieu of appendix carry. Between the Wilderness Tactical Frequent Flyer Belt and JM Custom version Four IWB, my Gen Two Glock 17 disappears under even light tee shirts. Prior to the 17, I daily carried a Glock 35(Bladetech), and a Para Ordnance P14.45(Bladetech or Kramer Horsehide) for a number of years. Most of my friends are Cops of one flavor or another, and I've been asked many times why I never carry. The thing is, I always carry. Being 46, married to the same woman for 25 years and with three kids, I'm probably not quite as concerned about the minutia of fashion as a single guy half my age; so slightly looser fitting clothing isn't that big of an issue for me. I've been buying my clothes around my weapons for the last few decades, which has helped a lot, too. So, the short version; a good holster, good belt and properly fitted clothing would be my advice. I was taught a long time ago, that you should fit your clothing around your weapon, not your weapon around your clothing.
As in all things, YMMV.

Rermey Lee
05-06-16, 20:50

Carrying in your underwear??? that's like trying to shoehorn a Chevy big block V8 into a BMW Z3! It can't be done!

Guess you must have a lot of spare room inside that underwear!

RHINOWSO
05-07-16, 12:01
Carrying in your underwear??? that's like trying to shoehorn a Chevy big block V8 into a BMW Z3! It can't be done!

Guess you must have a lot of spare room inside that underwear!

BOOM! LMFAO.