PDA

View Full Version : Firearm Research Survey for College Class

DragonDoc
03-29-16, 18:48
I'm working on a research project for college (Business research class) and I need some help. I have six questions dealing with the POTUS' policy change regarding private sales. Follow the link if you can help me out.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WXGKS68

SteyrAUG
03-29-16, 19:07
I didn't take your survey because as a FFL I would skew your results.

Also your last question is almost pointless because most gun owners will never meet the qualifications to become a FFL. In fact if you want a FFL simply to do private sales or enhance your personal collection, those are both disqualifiers.

RazorBurn
03-29-16, 19:14
In West Virginia, it is not illegal for a private sale between two law abiding citizens of West Virginia without using an FFL. The wording on #5 makes it sound like someone is breaking the law if they sell privately without an FFL. I love the fact that most of what Hussein did was regurgitate what the rules already are, but now some people believe you can't sell or trade privately in state anymore without an FFL.

_Stormin_
03-29-16, 20:33
In fact if you want a FFL simply to do private sales or enhance your personal collection, those are both disqualifiers.

Which is the dumbest thing ever. If you plan on actually paying the costs, registering, keeping the records, and opening yourself up to the reviews/inspections, why the heck not just take your money, rake you over the coals, and issue you the license?

T2C
03-29-16, 21:31
Survey completed. It appeared like an ATF survey.

SteyrAUG
03-29-16, 23:22
Which is the dumbest thing ever. If you plan on actually paying the costs, registering, keeping the records, and opening yourself up to the reviews/inspections, why the heck not just take your money, rake you over the coals, and issue you the license?

Because new code and zoning requirements were implemented during the Clinton years to get rid of the "kitchen table" FFLs. These were just additional disqualifiers put in place so that most people who didn't plan on opening a full time brick and mortar gun store would not be able to get a FFL.

If it was as simple as "get a FFL" like the UBC people are trying to make it sound, everyone would have a FFL to cover their ass just like they did in the pre FOPA days.

What people are going to discover is, much like Obamacare, the result will be much different from what was promoted. Advanced collectors who do high volume trading and selling will no longer be able to do so and will be at risk of being seen as an unlicensed dealer, but they will be completely ineligible to qualify for a FFL because their efforts will be geared towards their private collection rather than a full time gun business.

We have even seen examples where the guy who ran American Guns did every single transfer through a FFL but because he had a showroom and brokered the deal, he still got nailed for dealing without a FFL.

There is no reason the ATF wouldn't use the same criteria against anyone selling any gun. And having it go through a FFL is no protection at all based upon the previous example.