PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Conceal, new handgun company/concept

FlyingHunter
03-29-16, 21:00
http://idealconceal.com

From their webpage:

The unrivaled Ideal Conceal pistol is a carefully engineered double barreled derringer. Cunningly designed to look like a smartphone when folded up, one click of the safety and you’re ready to go. This product is a defensive weapon designed with the utmost safety in mind.

Additional features include:
Light one piece frame
Simple trouble free design
High velocity .380 caliber for great stopping power.
Hammerless firing system for ease of use and added safety.

I appreciate the design innovation. Smartphone converts to Derringer. While I'm not a fan of the 2 shot derringer concept; I'll stick with my G19.

Dennis
03-29-16, 21:09
Looks like huge capacity and ergonomic compromise for minimal concealment gain. Unless you think having your gun on the table next to your coffee is some sort of advantage...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ryno12
03-29-16, 21:15
I actually saw a blurb about this on today's local morning news. Looks interesting and I can see where it'd be useful in some situations. Not a fan of two shot Derringer pistols though & I certainly wouldn't wear it exposed on my belt.

Pics added:
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160329/1e84afd994d3d45267eab44298f0d315.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160329/0c7be759ffad1af22ad076e5b294242c.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160329/7e8d61ea2ce7e247cd88323a9c418ad9.jpg

titsonritz
03-29-16, 21:15
They forgot to call it "tactical" something. :jester:

El Pistolero
03-29-16, 21:17
Yeah, no thanks.

Arik
03-29-16, 21:29
It's hidden in plain view. I don't think it was designed with members of M4c in mind but Derringers have been popular for a very long time and have been used successfully in the past

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

FlyingHunter
03-29-16, 21:30
They forgot to call it "tactical" something. :jester:

iShot?

Ned Christiansen
03-29-16, 22:05
To my way of thinking-- very cool.

Obviously it's a concept only-- also cool and if they need funds to get going-- fine.

I just get a little "whatever" when companies launch a product they thought of but don't have in production, or prototyped, or in some cases, designed. I think it's bad sequencing.... I mean, I can draw a Jetson briefcase-car but I don't think I'll sell many or get investors if my artist's rendering is all I have.

Maybe they have more than that, hope so, cool idea, I wish them luck.

Bantee
03-30-16, 00:46
I love the idea!! While I wouldn't carry it, I would buy one..if just for novelties sake..eta: I just find small firearms interesting..

foxtrotx1
03-31-16, 21:50
To my way of thinking-- very cool.

Obviously it's a concept only-- also cool and if they need funds to get going-- fine.

I just get a little "whatever" when companies launch a product they thought of but don't have in production, or prototyped, or in some cases, designed. I think it's bad sequencing.... I mean, I can draw a Jetson briefcase-car but I don't think I'll sell many or get investors if my artist's rendering is all I have.

Maybe they have more than that, hope so, cool idea, I wish them luck.

I agree with your thinking when it comes to traditional investors, however, with crowdfunding the way it is today, it's all about promises upfront with no much product delivered a the end of the funding cycle.

26 Inf
03-31-16, 22:15
Why would this NOT be an AOW?

Bantee
03-31-16, 23:30
I thought AOW status primarily dealt with smoothbores??..but I am quite likely wrong..

SpyderMan2k4
04-01-16, 08:28
AOW also deals with guns that are disguised as other things... Cain guns, pen guns, belt buckle guns... Cell phone guns. AOW was the first thing I saw when I saw this thing.

Mr. Greene
04-01-16, 09:45
I'd be in for the novelty of it, I am glad when I see people doing things outside of the box. kind of reminds me of that fold up subgun Magpul was playing with.

donlapalma
04-01-16, 11:21
While it's not something I would buy (or fund) I do like innovation and new ideas. I realize that all new ideas won't be winners but they could certainly lead to other much better ideas.

nova3930
04-01-16, 11:26
It's interesting but I'm not seeing any real advantage over just sticking a regular derringer in your pocket.

Tzook
04-01-16, 14:29
Might be a cool idea, to slip in your pocket in addition to the pistol you're already carrying. If shit reaaaaaaaalllllllly hits the fan. But other than that? Nahhhh

Rivoak
04-01-16, 16:00
I want one with unlimited data. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dionysusigma
04-01-16, 17:48
Has NOBODY involved with the concept, design, or funding of this project had their phone stolen before?!?

Ryno12
04-01-16, 18:02
Has NOBODY involved with the concept, design, or funding of this project had their phone stolen before?!?

I don't think the intent is to be able to leave it on the bar while you go to the restroom.

Dionysusigma
04-01-16, 19:10
*sigh* You know what I mean... :rolleyes:

I've been pickpocketed more than once, seen it happen a dozen times over, and having a phone on my belt is something I've never understood the reasoning behind (unless you're Batman). This is as inane as buying a Gibson Les Paul case for a KAC SR15 - thieves don't say "eh, I've got enough guitars, so I'll pass" - they see a vulnerable high-value item and make the grab.

And as for keeping it in your pocket instead of the belt, there are already a large-ish number of effective pocket carry pistols and holsters that 1) have a higher capacity and 2) don't require being "opened" (i.e. they're quicker to ready) before use.

I don't deny it's a neat gadget, but I'd rather have the Golden Gun (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I8okgJw9RU) first, personally.

TF82
04-01-16, 20:11
I think you may be wrong about the idea behind guitar rifle cases. I don't have one but I think they'd be useful since where I live the sight of anything assault rifley could cause panic. It seems like it might also be good if your neighbor's kid is a burglar. In 10 years I've seen plenty of guns, even rifles stolen in residential burglaries but I can't recall a single guitar.

As for this cell phoney pistol, I agree with you, why not just a deringer in your pocket that way you still have a deringer and you don't look like Dwight Shrute. Also, before I even clicked the link they lost me here:

"Simple trouble free design
High velocity .380 caliber for great stopping power."

Don't they know stopping power something dumb you only say about .45 ACP and maybe .357 magnum?

stlmaddog5
04-02-16, 17:39
You forgot that it also has a laser and a l. E. D. flashlight built in. I would consider this as a 'better than nothing' gun if circumstances limit you to carrying something like it. Can't think of any circumstances in my case where I would be carrying a firearm like this. Or, it could be used as a backup to a primary piece. My concern would be deployment. Getting it into your hand with the grip positioned in the firing position will take time and a whole lot of practice, which most people won't do. No thanks. Both of my carry guns are double action only. No safety, just draw and shoot.

JSantoro
04-04-16, 15:26
From their webpage:

...great stopping power.

*insert "crashing stop" noise here*

They either believe that that's A Thing, OR they're willing to dumb things down to that point for the sake of making the sale.

It's like seeing somebody with gages in their ears or other body-mod garbage: it doesn't automatically mean that they're a douchebag...but the chances increase DRAMATICALLY, so you're on guard, don't say anything, and watch them closely until they prove otherwise.

Dionysusigma
04-04-16, 15:38
In the end it's a 2-shot derringer in .380.