PDA

View Full Version : Dawson Precision Glock MOS Sights

ExplorinInTheWoods
03-31-16, 16:06
I recently picked up a Glock 34 MOS for 3 Gun. I picked the MOS line so that my dad can swap an RMR on it when he wants to compete since he's getting older. This left me with a problem because many aftermarket sights would extend and cover up the plate for the rmr, so what sights could provide me fast sight picture but still allow me to mount an rmr without having to take the rear sight off each time. I had heard of Dawson Precision and I started looking at what they offered and found their RMR compatible sights. I opted for the non cowitness sights because my dad and I wanted a cleaner sight picture and I was worried about the taller sights altering POI. This was my first foray into fiber optic sights as I've always had night sights or standard factory sights, the red fiber optic is very easy to pick up and it is different having a blacked out rear as I'm used to having the 3 dots on night sights. The front and rear sights are both serrated to reduce glare. At the range the red dot was very easy to pick up at 7 yds and having a longer sight radius with a thin sight makes it easy to hit more precise shots, my range only has 7 and 15 yds for pistol but the POA/POI was still the same at 15 yds and was definitely easier to than night sights. Overall I thoroughly enjoy these sights and highly recommend them for anyone looking to get some sights for their competition gun.

http://youtu.be/6RWjW6pWx-M

PaLEOjd
04-03-16, 17:03
I have Glock factory night sights on my G34 MOS and the plate can be removed without issue. All of the Glock sights, Trijicon night sights, and Meprolight sights will work on that model. They are all very similar, near identical in shape and size.