PDA

View Full Version : This is NOT an April's Fools Day Joke: New Holster...what could go wrong?

Ernst
04-01-16, 10:28
Sometimes you just have to shake your head.....

http://2aholster.com/product/litepath-chest-holster/

TF82
04-01-16, 10:37
Trying to look at their website on an iPhone for one thing.

ggammell
04-01-16, 11:02
The thought going through that guys head:

"Anyone seen my tannerite?"

ChrisCross
04-01-16, 11:12
Darwin Award Winner in the making...

Ernst
04-01-16, 11:26
This is NOT an April's Fool day joke either.

Maybe they will release one like this for the new handgun that looks like a smartphone.

wildcard600
04-01-16, 11:33
Needs to be a Serpa design.

Ernst
04-01-16, 11:38

Perfect!

skijunkie55
04-01-16, 11:52
at least they have an option for "Muzzle down" orientation...

Good lord some people need to just stop.

Averageman
04-01-16, 12:05
Why do I have a feeling this was designed by the folks at YouTube?

We Will see this holster here again, unfortunately likely sooner than later.

GH41
04-01-16, 12:28
Not planning an AD but if it happened I'd much rather shoot myself in the leg or ass!

AKDoug
04-01-16, 12:38
Femoral or carotid.. your choice. However, unlike appendix carry, I cannot see the benefit of the upward muzzle position at all.

titsonritz
04-01-16, 12:40

I laughed out loud. That would be awesome.

J-Dub
04-01-16, 12:46
Does nutinfancy use one? If he doesn't, and hasn't made a 6hr review on it...im out.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-01-16, 12:49
Like my family says, "That's an idea; but not a very good one."

Irish
04-01-16, 14:43
I've seen similar designs in use by guys who definitely know their stuff. Limited applications, and a niche item, but it definitely fills a role.

SteyrAUG
04-01-16, 15:14
$75.00 ?!?

Sheesh, I'll wait till Uncle Mike's makes one in the $18 range and buy it from the Bud K catalog.

Moose-Knuckle
04-01-16, 16:00
I've seen similar designs in use by guys who definitely know their stuff. Limited applications, and a niche item, but it definitely fills a role.

Yup, I forget the maker but USSS use holsters like this when they go jogging with POTUS.

223to45
04-01-16, 16:29
Actually it looks like it would work good for when I am fishing.

But I wouldn't point it at my head.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Outlander Systems
04-01-16, 19:09
Meh.

Call me when they make one with a Punisher Logo for Bayonet-Equipped Glocks.

Honu
04-01-16, 22:17
ORDERS ARE DELAYED DUE TO RECENT TANNERITE ACCIDENT

thanks for being patient :)

ramairthree
04-02-16, 07:44
You think they could make them for twin desert eagles.

_Stormin_
04-02-16, 08:39
ORDERS ARE DELAYED DUE TO RECENT TANNERITE ACCIDENT

thanks for being patient :)

Laughing so hard I almost spilled coffee on my laptop.

04-02-16, 10:48
There is nothing wrong with the holster when used appropriately. It is a specialty holster; it DOES have specialty applications. The owner is a big .mil supporter and goes out of his way to get needed items to BTDT types.

Just so we are clear, his products are in use and highly regarded by many in the BTDT crowd.

223to45
04-02-16, 12:07
BTDT ??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

_Stormin_
04-02-16, 14:33
Been There Done That...

Personally I put no stock in the assertion. Name names. Agencies and units issuing the holster. Until then...

04-02-16, 16:59
Don't give a sh*t what you put stock in; just b/c you are unfamiliar or, don't like the configuration, doesn't mean the company isn't legit.

Go check out sites for the SF guys. Litepath is well regarded. As in, guys with the "BTDT" next to their name use the co's products.

MountainRaven
04-02-16, 17:42
That actually looks like a really good holster for running with.

I'm also not certain that it's any worse than, say, this:

https://resizing.flixster.com/VTygnk8z0QCuU8G9Uie0nnzvMUI=/800x1200/v1.bTsxMTE2ODAyMjtqOzE3MDE2OzIwNDg7ODAwOzEyMDA

ramairthree
04-02-16, 17:51
BTDT guys use a lot of products.

I have seen double tabbed guys with a star over their CIB use a chest mounted serpa.

But many hate chest mounted and many hate serpa.

I have seen some swear by a blade tech paddle and others a g code paddle, and others swear you must go IWB.

I have seen very many varying opinions and many varying options.

There are current operators that hold some of the industries heroes and their opinions in low regard.

What I have yet to see are people who want to carry with the gun pointed at their chin.

I think that is the gist of this and nothing to get too worked up over.

It is like the backwards bullets HK mag picture.

SteyrAUG
04-02-16, 19:47

https://resizing.flixster.com/VTygnk8z0QCuU8G9Uie0nnzvMUI=/800x1200/v1.bTsxMTE2ODAyMjtqOzE3MDE2OzIwNDg7ODAwOzEyMDA

Suicide holsters are my favorite.

http://nevadagunleather.com/images/155%20upside%20down%20cdsp%203%281%29.jpg

Honu
04-02-16, 22:10
not trying to be a jerk or harsh on the guy either :)

I can totally see certain situations needing certain methods ! but IMHO those are rare cases
sadly I can also see regular folks with no clue or reason buying it and using it as a daily rig ?
I do think its more the way its pointed upward :)
the sideways setup is fine to me at least I have always seen down or some variant to sideways but not up ?

SteyrAUG
04-02-16, 23:22
not trying to be a jerk or harsh on the guy either :)

I can totally see certain situations needing certain methods ! but IMHO those are rare cases
sadly I can also see regular folks with no clue or reason buying it and using it as a daily rig ?
I do think its more the way its pointed upward :)
the sideways setup is fine to me at least I have always seen down or some variant to sideways but not up ?

I think the most important consideration is...do they make one for my Taurus Judge?

Honu
04-02-16, 23:27
for some reason my mind flashed to that dude shooting himself in the leg and his training kicked in calling mom ?
sure you remember that :)
then the tannerite and now my mind flashes to a soon to be youtube video of some guy showing how quick he can draw from this and BOOM big accident :)

I think the most important consideration is...do they make one for my Taurus Judge?

Sensei
04-02-16, 23:34

For the better part of twenty years, I've searched for the perfect running holster. It's like my white whale, Arc of the Covenant, or Holy Grail. I've tried fanny packs, Smart Carry, and everything in between. Nothing seems to work great; most leave me with sore nuts.

I'm not sure that I'm warm to this one though.

jpmuscle
04-02-16, 23:37
For the better part of twenty years, I've searched for the perfect running holster. It's like my white whale, Arc of the Covenant, or Holy Grail. I've tried fanny packs, Smart Carry, and everything in between. Nothing seems to work great; most leave me with sore nuts.

You just need to duct tape it to yourself ala die hard.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
04-02-16, 23:43

Best one I've come up with so far is a tight fitting military / duty 2" belt with a OTW belt mounted holster worn under a long untucked polo or t shirt. The heavy belt keeps the firearm from bouncing up and down and it's held off the body enough that you don't sweat all over your carry gun.

Also nice to be able to just unbuckle the entire rig when you are done running.

Sensei
04-03-16, 00:02
You just need to duct tape it to yourself ala die hard.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Way too much body hair for that one. Imagine Steve Carell in The 40-Year Old Virgin X 100.

ColtSeavers
04-03-16, 00:37
http://rs1178.pbsrc.com/albums/x361/PETESINGLE/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpeg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Moose-Knuckle
04-03-16, 02:19
Here is the one that has been discussed before by one of our Industry Professionals who has worked in PSDs for high value principles. USSS has used these . . .

http://www.survivalsheath.com/main/home.htm

GH41
04-03-16, 07:37
Suicide holsters are my favorite.

http://nevadagunleather.com/images/155%20upside%20down%20cdsp%203%281%29.jpg

I wouldn't feel to bad about carrying a revolver like that but it would have to have a bobbed hammer!

GotAmmo
04-03-16, 14:10
Here is the one that has been discussed before by one of our Industry Professionals who has worked in PSDs for high value principles. USSS has used these . . .

http://www.survivalsheath.com/main/home.htm

I once owned one from here for my G27. Used it when riding my motorcycle, good tension and I had the barrel pointing down. I own a shoulder holster from the same company for my G19. Not a fan of the company but I like the product

SteyrAUG
04-03-16, 16:56
I wouldn't feel to bad about carrying a revolver like that but it would have to have a bobbed hammer!

Hope you're not one of those folks that criticizes serpa's.

Suicide holsters are retarded simply for the fact that you are depending upon a snap clasp to keep your weapon secure if you decide to do anything active. Gravity is always working against you.

In addition to the muzzle being pointed at major veins and arteries, it's also next to impossible to draw from that holster without muzzle sweeping half the room.

_Stormin_
04-03-16, 17:48
In addition to the muzzle being pointed at major veins and arteries, it's also next to impossible to draw from that holster without muzzle sweeping half the room.
And this is why I like my holsters pointed down, or down with the grip canted forward...

pinzgauer
04-03-16, 17:49
I use a modified GI shoulder holster chest mounted when hunting with a 1911. Muzzle slightly down tilted, attached to my pack straps. This is the result of trying many holsters hunting, and one of the few I've found that works well with a pack.

Muzzle is at least as safe as any IWB, or even most OWB belt carries given the femoral artery risk.

I don't use it for daily use, just when in the woods by myself.

I'd say it's for sure as safe with the 1911 as pretty much any holster with a Glock!!! :)

Eurodriver
04-04-16, 06:31
Hope you're not one of those folks that criticizes serpa's.

Suicide holsters are retarded simply for the fact that you are depending upon a snap clasp to keep your weapon secure if you decide to do anything active. Gravity is always working against you.

Nothing pissed me off more than going into the chow halls in OIF and seeing the Fobbit Gunnys and Majors with shoulder holsters. They'd be leaned over washing their hands in front of you and their M9 would be pointed right at your face.

Averageman
04-04-16, 08:33
Nothing pissed me off more than going into the chow halls in OIF and seeing the Fobbit Gunnys and Majors with shoulder holsters. They'd be leaned over washing their hands in front of you and their M9 would be pointed right at your face.

I dunno, that might have bothered me a bit, but the Mopes that came in and sheepishly scanned the AO and then went over to where they were sitting twenty minutes earlier and the retrieved their M4 from under the table? That Bothered Me.
I wore one of those old school black leather shoulder holsters most of my 20+ years, never had or saw an issue happen because the holster malfunctioned.