PDA

View Full Version : APEX Glock Safety Plunger

signal4l
04-02-16, 17:53
Im looking to smooth out my Gen 4 G19 trigger. I have always been a proponent of keeping my Glock triggers free of aftermarket parts. Im considering making an exception to this rule with the addition of this part. I have installed a Gen 3 trigger bar and factory "-" connector. These changes have been helpful without causing reliability problems.

The APEX plunger seems to be a well made part. I have no interest in titanium plungers or reduced power springs.

Has anyone given the APEX plunger a good beating?

piedrarc
04-02-16, 18:13
Has anyone given the APEX plunger a good beating?

Yes, Over 20K rounds - Zero issues. Apex testing is probably the most complete in the industry. Buy with confidence.

Brasilnuts
04-02-16, 18:16
I have one in a G4 34, I dropped the Apex in right after I bought it. I've shot many thousands of rounds (I've just stopped keeping track because I don't care) and have had no issues due to the plunger.

I will also say that I can tell no difference between the Apex and the factory plunger.

elephantrider
04-02-16, 19:12
I have one in a G4 34, I dropped the Apex in right after I bought it. I've shot many thousands of rounds (I've just stopped keeping track because I don't care) and have had no issues due to the plunger.

I will also say that I can tell no difference between the Apex and the factory plunger.

Improving the safety plunger should take the slight wall or resistance out of the pre-travel in the Glock trigger. The initial travel in the trigger should be smoothed out if the safety plunger is domed and polished. I haven't tried the Apex plunger, so maybe they don't round it over very much and there is still a sharp transition that the trigger bar is moving over, and that is why it feels the same as the OEM plunger. I just take the OEM plunger and dome and polish it, and it takes out any hard trigger resistance in the pre-travel. Haven't had any safety issues, and an OEM plunger is only a few $, so no big deal if one gets messed up.

signal4l
04-02-16, 21:33
Thanks for the info. I will order one.

elephantrider
04-02-16, 23:08
This is the best guide to a Glock trigger job I've found.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?103781-Home-Gunsmithing-Glock-Trigger-Job-(Part-1)

The rest of the parts of the guide, can be found stickied here:
https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?28-G-amp-R-Tactical

Spending time working over OEM parts seems to be the best bang for the buck, maintain reliability, and yield an excellent and consistent trigger pull. The ONLY non OEM part that I use is a reduced power safety plunger spring as it is the only reduced power type of spring that improves the trigger pull without reducing the safety or reliability of the trigger/ignition. Everything else is a polished OEM part with factory weight trigger return and striker springs. The only other non-OEM other part I am thinking about adding is an aluminum flat faced trigger shoe (more of a nice-to-have, than a need-to-have part).

GregP220
04-03-16, 11:42
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?103981-Home-Gunsmithing-Glock-Trigger-Job-(Part-4)

The above covers polishing the OEM safety plunger.

I have chucked plenty of these into my cordless drill and polished them using 600 and then 1200 wet/dry sandpaper followed by metal polish.
It makes quite a difference. More than you would expect.

themonk
04-03-16, 12:31
Made no difference in my gun.

elephantrider
04-03-16, 16:23
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?103981-Home-Gunsmithing-Glock-Trigger-Job-(Part-4)

The above covers polishing the OEM safety plunger.

I have chucked plenty of these into my cordless drill and polished them using 600 and then 1200 wet/dry sandpaper followed by metal polish.
It makes quite a difference. More than you would expect.

I did the same. Chucked it in a drill, and used a piece of sand paper on a hard flat surface to star off with. I then finished it off with some of the polishing stones and Flitz like Grant uses in his guide until it looked like his finished photos. I noticed a big difference as well. Really cleans up the pre-travel.

signal4l
04-28-16, 21:45
I installed the Apex part and put a thousand rounds through it about a week ago. I can't notice any difference with my trigger pull. Seems to be a durable part. No wear marks.