PDA

View Full Version : LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger

wingspar
04-04-16, 19:16
I did a thread title search on this trigger and came up with a blank. What are the experienced thoughts on this trigger?

Stickman
04-04-16, 20:11
I did a thread title search on this trigger and came up with a blank. What are the experienced thoughts on this trigger?

Installs like a trigger, and doesn't feel bad.

If you are looking for outstanding triggers that are known to be durable and reliable, as well as come in various configurations, you may also want to check out Wilson Combat and their TTU series, Geissele (obviously), or CMC Triggers.

wingspar
04-05-16, 14:37
Wow. 188 views only one reply? Is this trigger that bad??

Installs like a trigger, and doesn't feel bad.

If you are looking for outstanding triggers that are known to be durable and reliable, as well as come in various configurations, you may also want to check out Wilson Combat and their TTU series, Geissele (obviously), or CMC Triggers.

The Geissele SSA has been my number one choice for some time, but I choke at the price. They had some “Blems” available a year or so ago for $110. I should have jumped on it. I haven’t seen any “Blems” offered since and they don’t answer questions about them. There is another current thread with a lot of triggers mentioned, and I have them all bookmarked, but nothing much said on the LaRue trigger, so I had to ask. Never heard of CMC Triggers, but now have that one bookmarked also. Thank you.

Putting a scope on the gun a few months ago is what got me looking at triggers again.

BuzzinSATX
04-05-16, 15:56
[SIZE=3]Wow. 188 views only one reply? Is this trigger that bad?

So I'm just guessing, but I'd wager the lack of responses is based on the probability this trigger isn't widely used by the folks on this forum, who seem to primarily be in one of 3 camps:

Camp 1: "shoot the piss out of the stock trigger, and it will get better..."

Camp 2: "why screw around with guessing when Geissele triggers work great and are a proven entity?"

Camp 3: "yeah, I wanted a better trigger than the gritty mil spec that came with my rifle/LPK, but didn't want to pay for an SSA, so I bought an ALG-ATC/QMS, Sionics, or a BCM improved mil spec...I'm good to go..."

Again, I'm guessing, but I'd believe 95% of folks here fit into one of these camps. But I could be wrong....

Jpoe88
04-05-16, 15:59
Camp 1. cheap ass.

cosmo223
04-05-16, 16:06
You can find lots of reviews of the LaRue MBT over at the "other" AR forum. Most people seem to like them. As others have said you can't really go wrong with a Geissele. If you want to save some money you might also look at RRA National Match triggers. I have installed them in 2 separate AR's and like them a lot. Not quite as good as a Giesele but you can sometimes find the RRA on sale for around $70. I have heard of a few complaints about their reliability, but I've put a couple of thousand rounds through each of my AR's with no issues.

Jpoe88
04-05-16, 16:08
check out ground zero precision. they have some lpks that I am considering that have some neat looking triggers. neat looking as in price and function.

Rise Armament. That's the trigger I am thinking of. 122 for the trigger or 145 for the trigger and lpk. you get what you pay for, but it could be a decent product as well. The LPK may not be worth a damn, but to have the rest of the parts for an oops kit may not be bad either.

nightchief
04-05-16, 16:09
I have one in my 18" AR. The closest comparison would be to a Geissele SSA trigger. I like it for precision shooting. First stage is clean to break point. It breaks a little crisper than the SSA and the face of the trigger bow is flat instead of convex, (the SSA is slightly convex) which I personally prefer when shooting for precision. LaRue ran a promotion on the MBT last year and sold them for $125. IMPO, the trigger is worth all of that.

NC

Wow. 188 views only one reply? Is this trigger that bad??

The Geissele SSA has been my number one choice for some time, but I choke at the price. They had some “Blems” available a year or so ago for $110. I should have jumped on it. I haven’t seen any “Blems” offered since and they don’t answer questions about them. There is another current thread with a lot of triggers mentioned, and I have them all bookmarked, but nothing much said on the LaRue trigger, so I had to ask. Never heard of CMC Triggers, but now have that one bookmarked also. Thank you.

Putting a scope on the gun a few months ago is what got me looking at triggers again.

bb223
04-05-16, 16:28
I like mine.

I don't know enough about triggers to give any real insight but it's very crisp and take-up/slack, to me, seems pretty long but that's fine because as soon as you hit the wall it breaks super crisp.

Only other non-GI trigger I've used is the 3.5# CMC flat and I feel the CMC has faster splits but it is a single stage so that might have something to do with it.

MBT was definitely worth the $125, I don't think I would've even considered one at the original $250 price though and was going to get the SD-E but grabbed the LaRue on sale and grabbed a lower for less than what the SD-E would be.

I'm happy I did.

KITTEN_FRENZY
04-05-16, 18:33
I have one on order.

From the research I've done, the only thing that sucks about it is the long wait (unless you wanna pay extra).

Basher
04-05-16, 18:46
I just got two of them in (after a three month wait) and installed one, but have only dry-fired it. I like it. Take up is smooth, the break is clean, and reset is positive, even with the lighter of the two trigger springs included. I won't get a chance to actually use one until the semester is over (got finals and my IFR check ride fast approaching!), but I can report back when I do. :)

samuse
04-05-16, 19:09
I played with a couple when they first came out. It's about like an SSA. I don't know what it was, but I could not shoot well with the one I had in an SPR.

I ultimately went back to Geissele because I just didn't like the looks of the MBT and it didn't have anything under the hood compared to an SSA or SSA-E.

Stickman
04-05-16, 19:36
I have one on order.

From the research I've done, the only thing that sucks about it is the long wait (unless you wanna pay extra).

LOL, wait, what?

themonk
04-05-16, 20:31
LOL, wait, what?

Yea, LaRue has this new system that if you "have plenty of time" (god knows when you get it) it's only $125 but if you "can't wait, gotta have it now" it's $200.

wingspar
04-06-16, 11:16
So I'm just guessing, but I'd wager the lack of responses is based on the probability this trigger isn't widely used by the folks on this forum, who seem to primarily be in one of 3 camps:

Camp 1: "shoot the piss out of the stock trigger, and it will get better..."

Camp 2: "why screw around with guessing when Geissele triggers work great and are a proven entity?"

Camp 3: "yeah, I wanted a better trigger than the gritty mil spec that came with my rifle/LPK, but didn't want to pay for an SSA, so I bought an ALG-ATC/QMS, Sionics, or a BCM improved mil spec...I'm good to go..."

Again, I'm guessing, but I'd believe 95% of folks here fit into one of these camps. But I could be wrong....

That’s what I was thinking, but still I thought I’d get some responses. I see I have now. It’s strange how different the answers can be based on the forum one posts the question in, but this is the only dedicated AR forum I’m active in. Signed up for the other forum years ago, and I’ll bet I don’t have 20 posts there.

wingspar
04-06-16, 11:20
I have one in my 18" AR. The closest comparison would be to a Geissele SSA trigger. I like it for precision shooting. First stage is clean to break point. It breaks a little crisper than the SSA and the face of the trigger bow is flat instead of convex, (the SSA is slightly convex) which I personally prefer when shooting for precision. LaRue ran a promotion on the MBT last year and sold them for $125. IMPO, the trigger is worth all of that.

NC

Thank you. I was hoping for feedback from someone that has used the LaRue and Geissele SSA triggers. Sure wish it was possible to try both before purchasing. I’m still choking at the cost of the SSA and the cost of the LaRue is much more reasonable. It’s still $125 if you don’t mind the wait. $199 if you want it now.

wingspar
04-06-16, 11:26
I like mine.

I don't know enough about triggers to give any real insight but it's very crisp and take-up/slack, to me, seems pretty long but that's fine because as soon as you hit the wall it breaks super crisp.

Only other non-GI trigger I've used is the 3.5# CMC flat and I feel the CMC has faster splits but it is a single stage so that might have something to do with it.

MBT was definitely worth the $125, I don't think I would've even considered one at the original $250 price though and was going to get the SD-E but grabbed the LaRue on sale and grabbed a lower for less than what the SD-E would be.

I'm happy I did.

I have one on order.

I don’t mind the longer wait for $125. I’ve been tossing this around for quite some time and most of you can probably relate to wanting a nicer trigger after putting a scope on the gun. I now have a 1-4 scope on it and I know my groups would tighten up with a better trigger. I find myself pulling the trigger and I know from some nice triggers on some of my non AR guns that a good trigger makes all the difference.

wingspar
04-06-16, 11:34
I just got two of them in (after a three month wait) and installed one, but have only dry-fired it. I like it. Take up is smooth, the break is clean, and reset is positive, even with the lighter of the two trigger springs included. I won't get a chance to actually use one until the semester is over (got finals and my IFR check ride fast approaching!), but I can report back when I do. :)

A 3 month wait? Man, just in time for winter. I wonder if the $124 option is a 3 month wait for everyone that goes with that option?

I was 45 before I ever took my first flying lesson. Bought a plane and had a friend who was a CFI II so I got some hard IFR time in my log book, but never had the desire to get my IFR ticket. Hats off to those that do. It’s another skill level all together.

wingspar
04-06-16, 11:36
I played with a couple when they first came out. It's about like an SSA. I don't know what it was, but I could not shoot well with the one I had in an SPR.

I ultimately went back to Geissele because I just didn't like the looks of the MBT and it didn't have anything under the hood compared to an SSA or SSA-E.

Good feedback. Thank you. It’s a tossup between the LaRue and the Geissele SSA. It’s not that I can’t afford the SSA, it just seems like an awful lot of money for a trigger.

Biggy
04-06-16, 11:54
Here is a early review of the Larue trigger. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22wNdgFxXno
I believe the currently produced ones have a new/stronger trigger spring. It increases the weight on the MBTs by about 1 pound, and offers a stronger reset.
I would also like to see them enlarge the radius on the trigger bow edges a bit more. Although not cheap price wise, Wilson Combat also offers excellent triggers for the AR. I like this one. http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Tactical-Trigger-Unit-Two-Stage-Semi-Auto-4-1_2-lb-Paul-Howe-Model/productinfo/TR%2DTTU%2DH2/

Chuc
04-06-16, 13:00
I currently have a LaRue MBT. I bought last year when it was $250. The wide and flat bow took a bit to get used to as well as the reset. It just seemed to take a bit longer to find the reset compared to a Gieselle SSA. My next trigger will most definitely be the Wilson TTU (Paul Howe model). I like the MBT enough that I would buy it again if it were still $250.

Stickman
04-06-16, 22:55
Yea, LaRue has this new system that if you "have plenty of time" (god knows when you get it) it's only $125 but if you "can't wait, gotta have it now" it's $200.

So it was $250, then $125, then it is $200, but it is really $125 unless I actually want it in a timely manner?

I had an industry friend comment to me that he would never lower the price on his rails, this was probably 10 years ago when everyone wasn't making rails. He said if he did, Larue would lower their rails, and a price war would go back and forth, and that larue would sell things at a loss to spite people and cause damage to companies if he could. Seems something similar is going on here as well.

thei3ug
04-07-16, 08:43
it's just a form of price discrimination. Price being $125, indefinitely backordered, with a premium option of $200 for immediate delivery.

If a $75 premium is worth it to you, so be it. That being said, at a $75 premium, he's still priced $20 cheaper than his declared competitor, and at the base price he's racking up backorder commitments, preventing sales he may otherwise lose at $200 to an established competitor.

Find a gap, market wise. Exploit it, and you'll get both customers who were underserved, as well as customers who might otherwise have chosen another route, but consider your product a substitute at your price point.

I went up against people like him before. At least in my business you need to have a large cash reserve because of the cyclical nature, but also because new entrants do things like this. Even if they have an established business and subsidize the new product to gain market share, they can only do it so long before it affects the bottom line. At a certain point the health of the business takes a priority over grandiose visions of pure market dominance raining chaos over all other competitors.

wingspar
04-10-16, 19:51
Here is a early review of the Larue trigger. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22wNdgFxXno
I believe the currently produced ones have a new/stronger trigger spring. It increases the weight on the MBTs by about 1 pound, and offers a stronger reset.
I would also like to see them enlarge the radius on the trigger bow edges a bit more. Although not cheap price wise, Wilson Combat also offers excellent triggers for the AR. I like this one. http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Tactical-Trigger-Unit-Two-Stage-Semi-Auto-4-1_2-lb-Paul-Howe-Model/productinfo/TR%2DTTU%2DH2/

That was a good review. Wish he had one for the Geissele SSA. I haven’t been able to find that kind of review on the Geissele SSA at all.

wingspar
04-10-16, 19:58
If a $75 premium is worth it to you, so be it. That being said, at a $75 premium, he's still priced $20 cheaper than his declared competitor, and at the base price he's racking up backorder commitments, preventing sales he may otherwise lose at $200 to an established competitor.

The $125 price is $95 cheaper than the Geissele SSA which makes it attractive, but for the $200 to get the trigger now would be a no brainier to spend the extra $20 for the Geissele SSA. $95 is a chunk of change for me. There are times I may not shoot my AR for 3 months or more. I’m no closer to making a decision than I was when I started this thread. :(

ccosby
04-10-16, 21:24

NC

Yea I got one of the first ones when they were 125 as well. I've only dry fired mine though as the gun it is in isn't ready. I put mine in a bcm lower that has a bcm mk12 mod1 upper on it. The AEM5 suppressor is on order and I still need glass.

Anyway I personally prefer single stage triggers and my ar-10 for instance has a timney. I also have bcm lowers with their trigger and a 14.5 inch gun with a Sionics. On the lower end I'd say the sionincs and bcm coated triggers are good. On the larue trigger side from dry firing it feels good, I don't expect any issues with it. If I was building another gun and wanted an upgraded trigger I'd be considering one again for the price.

Jimbo45
04-11-16, 20:13
I have had a Larue MBT for a few months. I also have an SSA-E. I like both. Different triggers with different feels, for different puropses in my opinion. I had a carbine class last week, in which mucho ammo was be expended. I like the SSA-E, but the MIM construction and the light feel of the hammer spring do cause me a little concern. I ran the MBT through the class, and it performed great. Very sturdy construction, and loved the feel for this particular class (CQB, move and shoot stuff mainly). I have a second MBT now, and will run it on my new duty gun when the upper arrives from BCM.

wingspar
05-04-16, 21:02
A month since I started this thread and my procrastination / research has ended. I shot my AR the other day at paper at 100 yards and decided no more procrastinating. I just ordered the Geissele SSA Trigger. A nice surprise was that having it shipped via USPS is free.

There is just no way for me to try triggers before buying. Something I wish I could have done. I live hours away from any metropolitan area or any organized shooting ranges. I’m sure I’ll be happy with the trigger. I may update this thread once I have some time behind the trigger. I appreciate all the input. In the end, I think LaRue’s marketing strategy for getting the trigger now for $200 or waiting up to 3 months and getting the trigger for $125 was a bit of a turn off.

Dr Tran
05-04-16, 21:46
I think you'll be very happy with the SSA. I love my SSA-E which is 3.5 lbs. The MBT is supposed to be 4 and yours 4.5.

After waiting for 9+ weeks my MBT is scheduled for delivery on Monday. The reviews have been overwhelmingly positive.

Going to put it in a 7.62x39 build. Can't wait to get rid of the garbage mil-spec trigger that's holding it's place.

Fordtough25
05-05-16, 09:46
Thsnks op I have been debating on triggers as well,and this thread has helped my thoughts! I await your thoughts on the ssa!

wingspar
05-06-16, 01:33
Thsnks op I have been debating on triggers as well,and this thread has helped my thoughts! I await your thoughts on the ssa!

My SAA has shipped. Not sure when I’ll get it installed and out to the range, but I’ll update this when I do.

InfiniteGrim
05-06-16, 02:14
I have sold all my geissele's, and replaced them with LaRue's.... except the $190 High Speed match I picked up on black friday. The LaRue MBT BLOWS all the Geissele's out of the water at $125. The only Geissele that I actually "kind of" like better is the High Speed Match/DMR.

The LaRue, even though the numbers say it is 1+lbs heaver than a SSA-E, feels much better and has a much more pronounced wall and predictable break. I've got 4 MBT's with the lighter springs install, and my 2 home defense guns have the heavier springs.

If you are in the market for a good AR trigger and are thinking Geissele, you are cheating yourself by ignoring the LaRue.

I'm glad a company finally came along and burst the trigger price bubble...

InfiniteGrim
05-06-16, 02:26
So it was $250, then $125, then it is $200, but it is really $125 unless I actually want it in a timely manner?

I had an industry friend comment to me that he would never lower the price on his rails, this was probably 10 years ago when everyone wasn't making rails. He said if he did, Larue would lower their rails, and a price war would go back and forth, and that larue would sell things at a loss to spite people and cause damage to companies if he could. Seems something similar is going on here as well.

Or.... most people would ignore the LaRue trigger for a Geissele if it cost the same, or more.

LaRue is easily making money @ $125 still.

Sorry for two posts in a row, but let me summarize my experience with the MBT.

MBT vs SSA-E

MBT
- Wider trigger face is unique and a pleasant feature. Pressure = Force/Area. To me, even though the LaRue is heavier, it feels right there with the SSA-E if not lighter. I attribute this to the wider face distributing the force. I've already had the pad on my trigger finger go sore with the SSA-E waiting for the wind to die down to break a shot off.

-First Stage : With the lighter, installed, spring the first stage of the MBT is clearly lighter and in my opinion it is also smoother.

-1-2 Stages: There is an obvious difference between the stages, and why I point this out will be more obvious later

-Second Stage: On paper the MBT is heavier than the SSA-E, I never really noticed this while shooting

-The Wall : The wall of the MBT is its defining feature for me. It is as obvious as it can be. This is important to me, because many times I have been shooting small groups, prone at the range when I was shooting me SSA-E, and I couldn't tell if i was still pulling the second stage, or I was at the wall and about to break the shot off. I have thrown a bunch of shots with my Geiselle because of this. But with the MBT, this is not a problem. The stages are well defined, and the wall and impossible to miss. You know exactly when your are going to fire off a round.

The LaRue MBT should NOT be compared to a SSA, by the numbers it should... but by what it actualyl feels like; it should be compared to a SSA-E. Of all the forums I have read, I havent really seen many people who have shot a LaRue and a Geissele trigger side by side recommend a Geissele. Most of the people I've seen recommending the Geissele, havent even touched the LaRue.

Do yourself a favor and order a LaRue @ the $125 cost. They dont charge until they ship, and when it finally arrives (apparently 2 months ... its getting REALLY popular) you will wish you tried the LaRue sooner.

Jimbo45
05-10-16, 20:18
Or.... most people would ignore the LaRue trigger for a Geissele if it cost the same, or more.

LaRue is easily making money @ $125 still.

Sorry for two posts in a row, but let me summarize my experience with the MBT.

MBT vs SSA-E

MBT
- Wider trigger face is unique and a pleasant feature. Pressure = Force/Area. To me, even though the LaRue is heavier, it feels right there with the SSA-E if not lighter. I attribute this to the wider face distributing the force. I've already had the pad on my trigger finger go sore with the SSA-E waiting for the wind to die down to break a shot off.

-First Stage : With the lighter, installed, spring the first stage of the MBT is clearly lighter and in my opinion it is also smoother.

-1-2 Stages: There is an obvious difference between the stages, and why I point this out will be more obvious later

-Second Stage: On paper the MBT is heavier than the SSA-E, I never really noticed this while shooting

-The Wall : The wall of the MBT is its defining feature for me. It is as obvious as it can be. This is important to me, because many times I have been shooting small groups, prone at the range when I was shooting me SSA-E, and I couldn't tell if i was still pulling the second stage, or I was at the wall and about to break the shot off. I have thrown a bunch of shots with my Geiselle because of this. But with the MBT, this is not a problem. The stages are well defined, and the wall and impossible to miss. You know exactly when your are going to fire off a round.

The LaRue MBT should NOT be compared to a SSA, by the numbers it should... but by what it actualyl feels like; it should be compared to a SSA-E. Of all the forums I have read, I havent really seen many people who have shot a LaRue and a Geissele trigger side by side recommend a Geissele. Most of the people I've seen recommending the Geissele, havent even touched the LaRue.

Do yourself a favor and order a LaRue @ the $125 cost. They dont charge until they ship, and when it finally arrives (apparently 2 months ... its getting REALLY popular) you will wish you tried the LaRue sooner.

Totally agree. The SSA is no comparison to the Larue MBT. I have a trigger gauge, and the numbers show it more closely compared to the SSA-E. I have 2 Larue MBT's, and another on order. I prefer the break, feel, and bullet proof construction of the MBT to the SSA-E. My SSA-E stays in my bench gun.....it is OK, but its not as consistent as the MBT, and I don't completely trust the MIM construction of the SSA-E, for duty work. My MBT's are in my duty gun, training gun, and the third one will go in my home defense AR.

zackmars
05-10-16, 20:46
Totally agree. The SSA is no comparison to the Larue MBT. I have a trigger gauge, and the numbers show it more closely compared to the SSA-E. I have 2 Larue MBT's, and another on order. I prefer the break, feel, and bullet proof construction of the MBT to the SSA-E. My SSA-E stays in my bench gun.....it is OK, but its not as consistent as the MBT, and I don't completely trust the MIM construction of the SSA-E, for duty work. My MBT's are in my duty gun, training gun, and the third one will go in my home defense AR.

geissele triggers are cast (not MIM), as are mil spec triggers.

can you point to any example of an MBT outlasting a geissele?

Dr Tran
05-10-16, 21:14
I'm an SSA-E fan and just installed an MBT last night on a new rifle. Have only dry fired and won't be shooting until this weekend.

It feels very similar to the SSA-E but I can feel every bit of the extra pound of the MBT. Might feel differently after actually firing. We'll see. And I will be comparing them side by side.

I won't be getting rid of the SSA-E.

Jimbo45
05-10-16, 21:37

Geissele are milspec triggers? None of my issued milspec M4 and M16 guns had anything that resembled a Geissele. Weird.
Ok, on the cast part, you may be correct. Cast, MIM, whatever.
And no, I do not have any long term testing results. Just my own opinion on looking at both designs and constructions. I do have a couple thousand plus rounds on an MBT and its been rock solid so far.

Jimbo45
05-10-16, 21:47

No, but I have seen a few threads on G triggers with problems. Here are a few, and there are others on other forums, but I don't want to get banned for linking to other forums. I think thats a no no. Don't get me wrong, I like my SSA-E, and will keep it, but for me, my serious guns will have the MBT inside. Its that good, in my honest opinion.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjswL3m_9DMAhVs4oMKHfffDIAQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.m4carbine.net%2Farchive%2Findex.php%2Ft-135204.html&usg=AFQjCNEqx61ny05E1EkUfG6F_GhGl8TSBw
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjswL3m_9DMAhVs4oMKHfffDIAQFgg8MAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.m4carbine.net%2Farchive%2Findex.php%2Ft-143434.html&usg=AFQjCNHDaX14dt7pplCCWYImjo9diM8gkw
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjswL3m_9DMAhVs4oMKHfffDIAQFghKMAY&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.m4carbine.net%2Farchive%2Findex.php%2Ft-147248.html&usg=AFQjCNGtKHEZrtE2pdX9O1NnwKDNlzZSkA

zackmars
05-11-16, 00:52
No, but I have seen a few threads on G triggers with problems. Here are a few, and there are others on other forums, but I don't want to get banned for linking to other forums. I think thats a no no. Don't get me wrong, I like my SSA-E, and will keep it, but for me, my serious guns will have the MBT inside. Its that good, in my honest opinion.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjswL3m_9DMAhVs4oMKHfffDIAQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.m4carbine.net%2Farchive%2Findex.php%2Ft-135204.html&usg=AFQjCNEqx61ny05E1EkUfG6F_GhGl8TSBw
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjswL3m_9DMAhVs4oMKHfffDIAQFgg8MAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.m4carbine.net%2Farchive%2Findex.php%2Ft-143434.html&usg=AFQjCNHDaX14dt7pplCCWYImjo9diM8gkw
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjswL3m_9DMAhVs4oMKHfffDIAQFghKMAY&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.m4carbine.net%2Farchive%2Findex.php%2Ft-147248.html&usg=AFQjCNGtKHEZrtE2pdX9O1NnwKDNlzZSkA

Did you read those threads? Two of them were never updated

Two of them involved people accidentally bump firing their rifles

And one of them involved light primer strikes on milsurp 5.45

Hardly damning evidence.

I'll stick to the triggers that the USSOCOM guys use

zackmars
05-11-16, 13:11
Geissele are milspec triggers? None of my issued milspec M4 and M16 guns had anything that resembled a Geissele. Weird.
And no, I do not have any long term testing results. Just my own opinion on looking at both designs and constructions. I do have a couple thousand plus rounds on an MBT and its been rock solid so far.

I missed the first part of your reply

Yes, geissele's are milspec triggers, USSOCOM is a big user. Bu that is not what i meant.

I meant that both USGI triggers and Geissele triggers are cast.

As far as i know, Geissele holds the record for most durable aftermarket FCG, with triggers being tested over 200,000 times.

trinydex
05-11-16, 15:43
i have an mbt. i like two stage triggers in general. i do not have a geissele to compare it to.

i like it better than the cmc single stage 3.5 pound trigger that i have. i dislike single action triggers in general.

it is comparable to the ar gold trigger i have from an older larue rifle. i actually see very little differences, but i'm also not a trigger tester. they both get the job done.

HCM
05-11-16, 21:50

Not a LaRue hater, in fact I just recently received the MBT I ordered back in January.

However, the Geissele SSF is an issue item for SOCOM. https://geissele.com/super-select-fire-ssfr-trigger.html

Bushytale
05-12-16, 04:35
received an MBT recently. It took right at 2 months from order to my door. I installed the MBT and spent some time playing with it. The "lighter" trigger spring is the basic standard trigger return spring found in most AR parts kits. It gave a 3.75# pull by my trigger weights with a crisp break and good reset feel. The design is basically the same as the Rock River Arms match trigger, but built out of better steel (S-7) and fully machined to a far superior level of quality. At $124.99 and 7.95 shipping the Larue MBT is by far the best bang for your buck in a 2-stage match trigger.

I have some Geissele triggers and could not be happier with them. The SD-E and the SSA-E are very similar to the MBT as far as pull weight and feel. I also have SSA , SD-C and G2S models.

NWS
05-12-16, 14:00
Just received shipping notification. A touch under 8 weeks for the $125 option. Can't wait. Will likely order some more.

officerX
05-12-16, 14:35
Just received shipping notification. A touch under 8 weeks for the $125 option. Can't wait. Will likely order some more.

I guess they've finally ramped up production. The last one I ordered took over 90 days to receive.

NWS
05-12-16, 14:57
I guess they've finally ramped up production. The last one I ordered took over 90 days to receive.

Yeah they quoted 8 weeks when I ordered and delivered. Ordered 3/15.

cxwrench
05-12-16, 23:59
Got mine a couple weeks ago. It feels really really nice. I'll be ordering another.

Dr Tran
05-15-16, 23:54
Well I got out today to try the MBT and the SSA-E "side by side". Actually two identical lowers, but for the different triggers, and one 5.56 upper.

I wasn't expecting much after dry firing the MBT. But shooting was a different story. I am very impressed.

The break on the MBT is remarkably crisp. Moreso than the SSA-E. Bill explains the difference between the SSA and the SSA-E as the SSA breaks like a carrot and the E like an icicle. Well... The E is the carrot and the MBT is the icicle.

Just my observations. It's a steal at the current sale price.

wingspar
05-16-16, 02:00
Well I got out today to try the MBT and the SSA-E "side by side". Actually two identical lowers, but for the different triggers, and one 5.56 upper.

I wasn't expecting much after dry firing the MBT. But shooting was a different story. I am very impressed.

The break on the MBT is remarkably crisp. Moreso than the SSA-E. Bill explains the difference between the SSA and the SSA-E as the SSA breaks like a carrot and the E like an icicle. Well... The E is the carrot and the MBT is the icicle.

I got my SSA trigger installed today. I’ve only dry fired it, but it’s a huge improvement over the mil spec trigger. The grit is gone! Plan on shooting it tomorrow then I’ll update this thread with targets I shot last week and targets from tomorrow at 100 yards. Thanks for the update and the comparison with your SSA-E.

samuse
05-16-16, 08:32

I like a more rolling break. I tried an MBT and could not shoot it well at all. I do much better with an SSA-E or an SSA.

BufordTJustice
05-18-16, 09:19
I like a more rolling break. I tried an MBT and could not shoot it well at all. I do much better with an SSA-E or an SSA.
I have the same preference and love my SSA-E. But it's great to hear that the MBT is good kit. Especially for the price.

SLewis
05-18-16, 09:28
I've had mine for about a year. I love it.

Super crisp break, but lighter than the advertised 4.5 pounds. Mine breaks between 3.5-4

wingspar
05-20-16, 15:49
Got some range time with the Geissele SSA Trigger. It is a nice two stage trigger with a clean break. No more gritty creep. However, it is still considered a combat trigger, hence my groups at 100 yards did not improve, but maybe I just need more time with the trigger?

Trigger pull is a consistent 4.0 pounds with my trigger gauge. Below is a quick and dirty photo of the mill spec trigger on the right and the Geissele SSA trigger on the left. This was my first ever trigger install of any kind and it wasn’t all that difficult.

http://www.pbase.com/wingspar/image/163266847/original.jpg

Below are two targets. The one on the left was with the stock Mil-Spec trigger and the one on the right is with the SSA. Both 5 shot groups at 100 yards. The target with the Mil-Spec trigger looks a little better. These were shot with Freedom Munitions 55 grain FMJ.

http://www.pbase.com/wingspar/image/163266844/original.jpg

Below are two more targets. The one on the left with the Mil-Spec trigger and the one on the right with the SSA trigger all done with Privi Partizan PPU 55 grain FMJ. The target on the left shows the PPU ammo circled in blue. The other holes are from something else. The red circles are 2" in diameter. I was impressed with the group with the Mil-Spec trigger, but not impressed with the SSA trigger.

http://www.pbase.com/wingspar/image/163266846/original.jpg

Maybe I just need more time with the trigger? It does make me second guess myself. Should I have gone with the SSA-E or the LaRue MBT-2S. The trigger I started this thread about.

Now, this gun is Not a target rifle, but I think I should expect better groups than these targets show. I get better groups than that at 300 yards with my bolt action .308. Comments welcome.

samuse
05-20-16, 16:23
I can lay around prone or on a bench and take all day and shoot a nasty mil-spec trigger just as well as an SSA too.

Where the SSA shines is making a good shot NOW. Go shoot at some low probability, moving targets, with a short time window with those triggers and you'll see a huge difference.

trinydex
05-20-16, 16:37
Now, this gun is Not a target rifle, but I think I should expect better groups than these targets show. I get better groups than that at 300 yards with my bolt action .308. Comments welcome.

a colt 6920 is not a target rifle and it seems like you're shooting 2 moa ammo... that makes for 2 moa groups at best. that's also assuming that you're using enough magnification, you put that you're using a 4x optic. i'd say that's par for the course regardless of trigger.

jmk
11-27-16, 21:02
[QUOTE=wingspar;2320998]Got some range time with the Geissele SSA Trigger...my groups at 100 yards did not improve, but maybe I just need more time with the trigger?

Below are two targets. The one on the left was with the stock Mil-Spec trigger and the one on the right is with the SSA. Both 5 shot groups at 100 yards. The target with the Mil-Spec trigger looks a little better. These were shot with Freedom Munitions 55 grain FMJ.

Below are two more targets. The one on the left with the Mil-Spec trigger and the one on the right with the SSA trigger all done with Privi Partizan PPU 55 grain FMJ...I was impressed with the group with the Mil-Spec trigger, but not impressed with the SSA trigger.

Maybe I just need more time with the trigger? It does make me second guess myself. Should I have gone with the SSA-E or the LaRue MBT-2S. The trigger I started this thread about.

Now, this gun is Not a target rifle, but I think I should expect better groups than these targets show. I get better groups than that at 300 yards with my bolt action .308. Comments welcome.[/QUOTE

I have the SSA-E, and ALG ACT, RRA NM, LMT Mil-Spec, and even KE Arms DMR. SSA-E is super nice and "as advertised".

But I'd *never* judge any of those based on how they shoot with PPU or other low-grade blasting ammo.
Go back and compare when shooting with *match* Hornady, Black Hills, Federal, etc.
You will see the difference on shot #3.

I will never give up the SSA-E. But i *will* be placing an order for the LaRue tonight.

Alex V
11-28-16, 08:01
I ordered the LaRue trigger for the $99 Black Friday special. I will replace the SSA-E in my OBR to see which one I like better. Even if the MBT isn't as good as the SSA-E (to me) I have an empty Noveske lower, so it will find a home. If it is as good as the SSA-E, then great. Either way, win-win.

BrigandTwoFour
11-28-16, 08:26
Thanks for the heads up on the $99 deal. I just ordered one. Whenever it arrives, it will not be replacing any particular trigger since I have a lower awaiting a trigger. It will be in the stable next to rifles equipped with ACT, SSA, SSA-E, and SD-E.

WS6
11-28-16, 08:31
[QUOTE=wingspar;2320998]Got some range time with the Geissele SSA Trigger...my groups at 100 yards did not improve, but maybe I just need more time with the trigger?

Below are two more targets. The one on the left with the Mil-Spec trigger and the one on the right with the SSA trigger all done with Privi Partizan PPU 55 grain FMJ...I was impressed with the group with the Mil-Spec trigger, but not impressed with the SSA trigger.

Now, this gun is Not a target rifle, but I think I should expect better groups than these targets show. I get better groups than that at 300 yards with my bolt action .308. Comments welcome.[/QUOTE

I have the SSA-E, and ALG ACT, RRA NM, LMT Mil-Spec, and even KE Arms DMR. SSA-E is super nice and "as advertised".

But I'd *never* judge any of those based on how they shoot with PPU or other low-grade blasting ammo.
Go back and compare when shooting with *match* Hornady, Black Hills, Federal, etc.
You will see the difference on shot #3.

I will never give up the SSA-E. But i *will* be placing an order for the LaRue tonight.

I shoot the same regardless of the trigger. I typically put 10 rounds of gold dot into 1.5-1.8" at 100 yards from my ddm4 like clockwork. The gun has a geissele super v. I got a buddy of mine a vortex strike eagle the other day, and sighted his rifle in. PSA upper (non chf), and alg qms trigger. I only fired 6 rounds into the final group, but it measured 1.6. I was doing 3 shot groups at 50 to get a rough zero, and often it was just a ragged hole.

BrigandTwoFour
01-31-17, 23:43
Ordered on November 28th (Black Friday), received today (January 31st). It's going to be a minute before it gets installed, but it looks nice.

WS6
02-01-17, 01:11
I just wanted to update. I have gone over to the LT triggers. My groups with it dropped to 1.0X-1.3MOA from my DDM4. That's a .gov profile CHF chrome-lined barrel shooting 75gr GDSP, 10 round groups, no fliers thrown out.

indawire
02-02-17, 20:16
I picked up the LaRue MBT for $125 a while back and have about 1,500 rounds downrange with it. Dropped right in, all I did was hit the leading edge of the trigger bow with a very fine stone to ease the edge. Compared to the stock mil-spec trigger I had in before and in my wifes gun it's like night and day. Best $125 I've spent.

Alex V
02-02-17, 20:29
I replaced a G-SSA in my 7.62 OBR with the MBT when it was on sale for Black Friday. I feel it is just as good as an the SAA-E that I also have. I don't think it's better, different yes but not better. Also, not worse at all.

This past weekend I tried to "Outshoot The Shootist" (La Rue Challange to get a getter 3rd group than the tester) and was able to do it several times including a best of a .375MOA group. I know 3rd isn't a real group, but that's what the challange is.

Anyway, for a price that is half that of an SSA-E I think it's a contender for sure.

RobertTheTexan
02-02-17, 22:01
I've had my MBT-2S for about 6 months now. It's in my SPR, but I would run it in any AR for that matter. I can't compare to the SSA or SSA-E, the only other 2 stages I use are KAC, and once broken in they are also pretty good triggers. That said I'd chose an MBT any day alone. I took the lower price route and waited no more than two weeks before it was dropped at my door. I live about 30 miles from them, but that doesn't affect their production schedule, just that when they drop it in the mail, I get it the next day.
For sure it's a really nice trigger. Breaks real clean, reset is reasonable. I'd buy one if I had another build in progress. Which reminds me....

brianc142
02-02-17, 22:10
I bought one a few months back for the "don't mind waiting" price. I have several Geissele triggers (which I consider to be the standard) and I'm very satisfied with the Larue overall. Especially for the price I paid for it.

cbthedookie
02-03-17, 19:41
To echo the others in this thread - I'm really impressed with the MBT-2S. I have an SSA in my 6920, and an SSA-E in my Recce style build, and the LaRue has a crisper break than either. Honestly, my SSA-E was disappointing initially, but has improved with use. But I think the MBT will be better for range work. I have installed one in an SBR lower that I just received the stamp on, so dry fire only so far but seems to be a can't miss option imho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pappabear
06-10-17, 08:00
Like Larue or not, these guys usually make solid gear. I saw an ad where he was selling his MBT for $99.00

Anybody run these triggers ? Thoughts ?

PB

SiGfever
06-10-17, 09:30
I have a MBT2S in my 6920 and it really surprised me how good it is. I recently got a SSA-E for my BCM which is so light all you to do is breath on the second stage to launch a round. Great bench trigger but the LaRue in my opinion is better suited for personal defense. I wanted to get the SSA for the colt but the $125 standard price on the LaRue was too good to pass up. I have been more than pleased with the MBT2S and with the recent $99 deal it is too good to pass up. I will eventually get a SSA just to test against the MBT2S.

RobertTheTexan
06-10-17, 12:00
Like Larue or not, these guys usually make solid gear. I saw an ad where he was selling his MBT for $99.00

Anybody run these triggers ? Thoughts ?

PB

PB

I have a LaRue MBT-2S and I find it to be an outstanding trigger. I hate to use all the trigger buzzwords, but it does break super clean. First stage is like running your finger through water. Super light and a very smooth 2nd stage, no grit at all. Reset is good, and it's like that all day every day. It's definitely a better 2 stage Than my KAC, even after break in. When I bought mine from LaRue I was patient and two weeks to the order date it was on my front porch.

I have one in my SPR and it works well there, I wouldn't swap it out for anything I can think of. Also I wouldn't hesitate to run the MBT in my Recce or even my SBR's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pappabear
06-10-17, 12:09
I didn't see this thread. A mod put me in the loop. Glad a grabbed this bad boy now. I have a 10.5 LMT I may throw it in

RobertTheTexan
06-10-17, 12:13
I just realized that I basically regurgitated exactly what I said four months ago. Which is amazing since I didn't remember posting the first time. Lol. I think you're going to like it just fine.

Pappabear
06-10-17, 12:19
Robert, Don't feel bad I tried to start a new thread.

A couple guys said they like SSA better because they have a rolling break, what is meant by that? I run SSA in most of my guns, but never thought it to have a rollin break.

PB

ccosby
06-10-17, 12:27
I didn't see this thread. A mod put me in the loop. Glad a grabbed this bad boy now. I have a 10.5 LMT I may throw it in

I think you will be happy with it. For the 200 bucks it normally retails for I think it is a good trigger. Getting it for 125 with the I can wait timeline or for 100 bucks onsale I think it is a very good trigger for the money. I have two of them personally, one in a mk12 mod1 type gun and another in a sig mpx sbr. I also have a timney in an ar-10 and a geissele in a scar 17. The mk12 style gun is stupid accurate and the trigger makes it a dream to shoot. The sig mpx came with a trigger that was flat out horrible. I can't begin to say how much nicer the larue trigger is compared to it.

I actually have a lmt 10.5 inch sbr too but it still has the stock trigger. The lmt milspec style trigger in it is very good for that type of trigger.

ScottsBad
08-04-17, 15:38
Update on the MBT for me. A while back I ordered a MBT on the "slow boat" option. Turns out, they really don't take their time after all as I received it within a couple weeks (sooner than I expected for sure). About a week after that I installed it in a new lower that I had just put a Mil-spec trigger in, and boy, was I relieved to be removing that Mil-Spec Creeper.

First thing I noticed is that the MBT, unlike the Geissele SSA and SSA-E, requires moving the selector core out of the way. This means you have to loosen the grip screw and fiddle with the selector at a minimum. This is annoying, but frankly, not a big deal at all.

After installation, I checked function, perfect. Then I tried some dry fire, and was immediately impressed with the feel. Its got a different feel than the SSA or SSA-E which you might expect, but what you might not expect is that I like it better than the SSA. The MBT should be compared to the SSA because it is more of a 4.5 lb service trigger replacement and the SSA-E is a lighter trigger that might be used in a DMR or something I think.

This is kind of a big deal for me because I have maybe ten G triggers of various types (I'm a big G fan). The MBT seems to break more agreeably in my couch potato testing. The only minor issue I have is the trigger shoe is wide, flat, and has beveled rather than rounded edges. This, I can easily adjust to.

With the price of the SSA going into orbit, the value of the MBT2S and its performance are hard to ignore. I can almost buy two MBT2S triggers on the "I'm in no hurry" plan for the MSRP of a SSA... So, I ordered another MBT2S. Because lets face it, we mainly buy these triggers just to replace the GAWD AWFUL Mil-Spec triggers, not to turn our rifles into National Match contenders or 3 Gun race rifles. For specialized needs you pay more and buy specialized triggers. For all around HD, Hunting, plinking, and some longer shots a SSA or MBT2S is more than adequate.

Anyway, that is my couch potato test of the MBT2S. If I get to the range soon and its not as good as I thought I'll come back and eat my words.

And I forgot to mention the LaRue swag. A load of cool stickers, bottle opener, seasoning, and other stuff.

LaRue gives me a great excuse to buy their stuff...my wife loves to use the LaRue Dillo Dust as a dry rub on pork ribs or chops before going on the grill. So when we are out of the seasoning I just tell her, "I'll have to order some more LaRue stuff to get the Dillo Dust". And she says OK!

ScottsBad
08-04-17, 15:54

A couple guys said they like SSA better because they have a rolling break, what is meant by that? I run SSA in most of my guns, but never thought it to have a rollin break.

PB

I wouldn't describe the SSA break as rolling, more like the break of a cold carrot stick. Which is how many have described it. That's compared to some who like a break like pulling on a shard of glass until it breaks.

I don't know, I like the break of the MBT and I have quite a few "G" triggers. Including maybe 4-5 SSAs. I think the MBT is worth a try. The construction is also noteworthy. They are both excellent triggers and hard to compare since triggers are so personal.

RobertTheTexan
08-04-17, 17:31
Update on the MBT for me. A while back I ordered a MBT on the "slow boat" option. Turns out, they really don't take their time after all as I received it within a couple weeks (sooner than I expected for sure).

After installation, I checked function, perfect. Then I tried some dry fire, and was immediately impressed with the feel. Its got a different feel than the SSA or SSA-E which you might expect, but what you might not expect is that I like it better than the SSA. The MBT should be compared to the SSA because it is more of a 4.5 lb service trigger replacement and the SSA-E is a lighter trigger that might be used in a DMR or something I think.

Anyway, that is my couch potato test of the MBT2S. If I get to the range soon and its not as good as I thought I'll come back and eat my words.

Good follow up Scott, on interested to hear what your range thoughts are. I know others have said they would compare the MBT-2S to the SSA-E, but after comparing the SSA-E | MBT-2S | SD-C (flat trigger version of the SSA) I would agree with your assessment. I find the MBT and SSA/SD-C to be very comparable to break weight, caveat this was measured my by uber accurate right index finger. I did compare the MBT-2S to my SSA-E, but it only took about 10-20 rounds for me to realize that the SSA-E was lighter on the break than my LaRue MBT-2S, and it was definitely a noticeable difference. In fact, there's just no way I would run that trigger on one of my CQ guns. It's too light for running, shooting on the move and firing from irregular or non-standard positions. All of this is just my personal opinion of course.

That said in the right weapon, I am a huge fan of the SSA-E. I prefer lighter triggers like the SSA-E or my Timney in my precision rifles. So the SSA-E was installed in my SPR and boy do I like it on that weapon system, it's a keeper for sure.

So with the testing samples narrowed down the the LaRue MBT-2S and the Geissele SD-C, I got down to testing. For reference I installed the MBT-2S in my 12" SBR (with a LaRue barrel & quad rail incidentally) and the SD-C went into my Gun of guns, an 11.5 with a Daniel Defense CHF barrel. Lowers, buffer system, when BCG's are identical.
I started out with 5 round groups, prone supported and expanded that to 10 round groups. I did the 5 and 10 round groups by squeeze & hold, slowly allow reset, squeeze & hold, slowly allow reset. I ran through a several mags following that process, like that. Shooting a group and then switching weapons. Lather, rinse, repeat. After the prone supported work I switched things up a bit and ran some moving drills, shooting on the move as well as shooting from different firing positions. Both triggered performed in an outstanding manner. Operating 100% "as advertised". It's even possible for someone who doesn't fire their SSA or SD-C equipped rifle often, it may even be difficult for them to realize I had swapped their Geissle for a LaRue. However is you do fire a lot you will be able to tell the difference. Eventually I had both weapons on me, I'd fire one, then the other, trying to nail down which trigger my finger preferred. Because holes-in-paper-wise I could not tell one bit of difference. Keeping in mind that at this point I had been running drills on the move and while my VTAC "Skeletor" targets were deader than 10 door nails, there were not any one MOA groups to look at, just lots of holes in the head, chest and groin. I knew both triggers would perform well in the types of scenarios I was running because the Geissele has been ran a lot harder in the BTDT world than I was doing at my little range. Not sure if the MBT-2S has made it downrange yet. I wouldn't doubt it though, I do know their optic mounts and quad rails have. Anyway, in the end I just preferred the LaRue MBT-2S over the SD-C. It wasn't because I don't like flat triggers, I have a CMC and CMC/Lantac, both of which are flat shoe'd triggers. Like 99.9999% of parts that from a quality perspective are full-on equals - it boiled down to what I preferred. I preferred the LaRue. Dillo Dust, Christmas ornaments, and awesome "God bless our troops, especially our Snipers" stickers aside, I likes shooting the LaRue better. Of course I am happy on the price point and sure I am proud that excellent quality parts are made in Texas, but it really just boiled down to what the finger||brain connection felt it used better and more efficiently.
Fanboys aside on either side. I have no doubt I could find a person that did similar tests as I and came to the opposite conclusion. I would also say that even if I found no difference between the two, just for a pure fiscal perspective, I'd be all over the LaRue like carbon on a can. I do not use the rush my order option, and only waited two weeks for it to arrive to my door.
Now the real take-away in all of this testing?

I have determined that I do not care for 2 stage triggers in my SBR/ CQ rifles. I know they are the trigger SOCOM uses, but that cannot override what I am good at using.
I have been testing Hiperfire's Hipertouch EDT2. It's a 4-4.5lb breaking trigger that is clean as pin and has a nice short reset. All that results in good snap shots and substantial volume when needed. But that's probably for a different thread.

TMS951
08-08-17, 11:37
I picked up two recently on sale for 99$ each, no waiting. From Larue direct.

Unparalleled value at that price. I love my G triggers, mostly SSA, SSA-E and G2S. The G2s is closest in value and not as nice. The larue is on par with the SSA and SSA-E.

One thing I notice on the feel of the Larue is the trigger pad feels wider/flatter. No real issue for me.

skimbleshanks
08-16-17, 04:34
My AR trigger experience has been MIL spec triggers, then Geissele super dynamic enhanced, and most recently a Larue MBT in an OBR. I like my Geissele triggers that's for sure, but the MBT is one hell of a trigger as well. I find the Geissele breaks with less pressure but not by too much through both stages. Both feel fairly similar in their function, take up a millimeter in the first stage, keep squeezing when it hits the wall and a crisp break follows every time. Honestly I can't say much about their reset. I never really notice either or paid it too much mind and I think that's a good thing. They both work with out thinking too much about them. The Larue MBT is consistent enough and crisp enough with a price that is a bit more agreeable that it will probably be the trigger I go with the next time I need another AR trigger. I won't be rushing out to replace my Geissele triggers though.

Edit. Just went and dry fired each a handful of times back to back. The MBT was just a touch rougher isn't the word but there is a hair more feedback into my finger through the first stage. I could chalk that up to a carbine that has a few thousand rounds through it vs. a rifle with not even a couple hundred. Get some more lube and some carbon and a thousand cycles down into it and I bet it will feel like its rotating on bearings just like the Geissele. I guess if the Geissele is 100% the MBT is a solid 97%.

jaholder
08-16-17, 20:00
I ordered one last month, got here in about 2 weeks.

Order my second MBT yesterday, partly because every AR I own is going to get one but mainly because Dillo Dust is now my wife's All time favorite rub for ribs.

Alpine2k3
08-17-17, 15:53
I have a MBT in one of my rifles and it feels as good as my KAC triggers. The second stage does feel a bit lighter than them though.

Cane55
08-19-17, 07:33
I have two MBT's. Larue says they pull at 4.5 pounds with the light spring, but it felt lighter, just like my SSA-E. So I pulled out my trigger gauge and tested both MBT's and they both pulled exactly and consistently at 3.5 pounds. To me it feels almost identical to the SSA-E except for the wider, flat trigger on the MBT. I got them on sale at Larue for $99 each. Well worth it imo. Excellent construction and quality, made from strong S7 tool steel.

TMS951
08-22-17, 07:40
To me the big difference in pull is the first stage. I do think over all the mbt is 4.5lbs. The ssa-e has a much lighter first stage. The mbt and ssa-e have what feels like a very similar second stage.

I think pulling through the heavier first stage of the mbt makes it second stage feel lighter.

EzGoingKev
04-18-18, 08:41
I dry fired one at the range yesterday. My AR's have SSA triggers in them. I did not have one of my AR's at the range to compare at the same time.

First thing I noticed was the trigger shoe itself - wide and flat. Much different feel than what I am used to. The only thing I did not "like" was the edges of the trigger did not feel like they were smoothed over at all. It gave kind of a "sharp" feeling.

The first stage seemed really light compared to my SSA. It had a nice break. Reset felt weird, but I am not 100% a fan of the reset on my SSA.

All in all it was a good trigger. Owner said he paid $100. Well worth that price.

PrarieDog
04-19-18, 00:12
I was concerned with the edges too but at least when using the butt ugly but highly function A-Peg grip you don't even feel it. I have 4 of the triggers now. Very happy with them.

RobertTheTexan
04-24-18, 01:01

PB

PB - update. So I sold my custom build 308. Not sure if you ever saw that or not. I picked up a 16” LMT MWS upper and paired it up with a Mega MATEN lower. I didn’t want to install the Timney I had in my custom 308 in the new battle rifle, so I picked up another MBT-2S. Was hesitant because I prefer single stage in my fighting guns - but man oh man is that the trigger for this battle rifle or is that the trigger. (it is THE trigger) It’s what I would call The Perfect Trigger for that LMT/Mega grog bowl of freaking awesomeness.

JRHorne
04-24-18, 07:01
I have one and like it. Hard to beat considering they are $99 right now.

SiGfever
04-24-18, 17:06
I have one in my BCM and really like it, great trigger at a very fair price. Plus, who doesn't like some Dillo Dust?

Caeser25
04-25-18, 12:15
When they're on sale for $99, it's an impossible deal to beat. I myself like the flat face of the trigger.

Achilles11B
04-26-18, 22:42
Ordered one for $99. Still waiting for it to get back in stock but I’m in no rush. I’m looking forward to putting it in my SPR project.

BoltActionAssault
04-27-18, 00:18
This or a G2S seem to be a very popular value choice over a solid polished milspec (e.g. ALG ACT), but without spending SSA$$.

RobertTheTexan
04-27-18, 07:07
This or a G2S seem to be a very popular value choice over a solid polished milspec (e.g. ALG ACT), but without spending SSA$$.

The way this trigger is built and breaks and resets is more a competitor to the SSA or SSA-E, depending on the finger. I spent a day running side by side tests with an SD-C, the flat version of the SSA. In both my SBR’s anD IN A Recce/SPR config and I did prefer the MBT. I like the break and I liked the wider face and definitely like the price. I don’t think the G2S is in the same class as the MBT, but that’s pure opinion.
I own some ACT’s. They are a good option and I still like them. But after trying the Hiperfire EDT2, Istopped buying ACT’s because I found the EDT2 to be a superior trigger in every regard. Especially when the EDT2 could be had for $59 on Joe Bob’s but I believe that was to deplete Hiperfires existing EDT2 inventory to make room for a new and improved EDT2 which I’m not sure what they improved. I do know that the EDT2 shot even the hard primer ammo I had when lighter ACT struggled on some rounds.
But of course the preference for one part over another on our AR’s, is pretty subjective.

ISiman/oh
04-27-18, 20:30
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180428/68f97f1e4e29da07278843e10fa19328.jpg

Just received mine in the mail after about a 5 week wait (I chose the no rush option). The only trigger I have to compare it too are a few milspecs and a Geissele SSA-E. Seems very similar to the SSA-E, maybe a little lighter first stage and a little bit more overtravel. But overall I like the trigger face and reset more on the Larue. I’ll be shooting them side by side in week and can report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

squid8286
04-27-18, 23:41
I installed one on an A4-type build I did last year. I haven't had that particular one to the range yet, but in dry-firing the thing, it seems to break very cleanly after a noticeable take up. I think I am going to like it, but this is my first venture in the AR world with a 2 stage. It has a strange feel after using single stages in my ARs after all these years.

Captains1911
07-20-18, 22:24
These are on sale from now until x-mas for $87. I just received one and like it so much I ordered another. At that price I may even order a third.

Hemoglobin
07-20-18, 22:37
I popped one in a 18" kinda all purpose gun I built for my dad. I have a SSA, SSA-E and SD-C to compare.

For me, It's the SD-C, all day. At the reduced price, though, I wont buy "mil spec - enhanced" triggers any more. These just became the new ALG triggers, to me.

ccosby
07-20-18, 23:49
I popped one in a 18" kinda all purpose gun I built for my dad. I have a SSA, SSA-E and SD-C to compare.

For me, It's the SD-C, all day. At the reduced price, though, I wont buy "mil spec - enhanced" triggers any more. These just became the new ALG triggers, to me.

Yea I think the Geissele is a better trigger, for the 100 bucks larue puts his triggers at from time to time or the 87 they are now the Geissele isn't that much better. I've been randomly buying extra larue triggers for existing guns that had normal or pnt triggers in them. To me I want a good trigger pull and for that price the larue is a hell of a good trigger pull.

I'm not replacing the Geissele triggers or timney ones I have with them though. For anything new that will work with the larue though its going to get it.

ChattanoogaPhil
07-21-18, 20:34
I purchased an MBT $99 "I got plenty of time" at Thanksgiving last year.
To my surprise it shipped in just a few days and arrived with this.
Nice trigger. At a new standard price of $87 it must be giving heartburn to the competition.

https://i.imgur.com/PsYJG4U.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YacRDTn.jpg

EHilderbrand
07-23-18, 12:00
I just received one and replaced a Geissele SSA with it. For $87.00, it was money well spent. I'm looking forward to getting some time behind it. I do however like the wide trigger face. I will be buying another one while they're $87.00.

shadowrider
07-23-18, 22:07
Does anybody know if these will run in a 9mm carbine? Specifically with the JP BCG? $87 is pretty hard to pass on, but I know the Geissele I bought made the gun a single shot.

thehammer69
07-23-18, 23:58
I just received one and replaced a Geissele SSA with it. For $87.00, it was money well spent. I'm looking forward to getting some time behind it. I do however like the wide trigger face. I will be buying another one while they're $87.00.

In your opinion, how do you think it compares to the SSA?

hk_shootr
07-24-18, 05:43
Does anybody know if these will run in a 9mm carbine? Specifically with the JP BCG? $87 is pretty hard to pass on, but I know the Geissele I bought made the gun a single shot.

It didn’t work well with my JP bolt. I run a Colt upper and a DDLES lower.

hk_shootr
07-24-18, 05:50

My opinion on the trigger, jest it is a great trigger for the money. Break is good, has a small bit of roll to it, but lacks any grit and breaks well. I prefer the SSA for a few reasons. First, the break is a bit better, reset is much better and for me, the feel of the MBT is just a bit odd. The wider trigger shoe, with the squared edges is something I’m still trying to get used to. I have two of the Larue triggers in carbines that don’t get shot a great deal. For the money, yes it’s a good trigger. For the money, I believe there are better options......for me.

Triggers, like stocks, grips, slings and optics are a rather personable item. I hate to say it, but you really need to try it for yourself and see how it works for you.

Alex V
07-24-18, 12:30

I have two rifles with SSA, two with SSA-E and one with an MBT. Though the role of the rifles are different, I will say that I find the MBT comparable to the SSA-E. Swapping from the SSA-E to the MBT in a precision rifle, I did not see a drop off in accuracy at all. Also, the flat face of the MBT makes finger placement a little better. To me, the MBT is more crisp on the break than the SSA. I have a hard time deciding which is more crisp, SSA-E or MBT.

My only concern is that the SSA/SSA-E have a lot of miles on them by a lot of trigger pullers. Is the MBT as reliable? I don't know. I may pick another one up for $87 and see how well it does in a 3 day class.

georgeib
07-24-18, 15:20
My only concern is that the SSA/SSA-E have a lot of miles on them by a lot of trigger pullers. Is the MBT as reliable? I don't know. I may pick another one up for $87 and see how well it does in a 3 day class.

That's been my dilemma as well. I love the idea of the $87 trigger, and I really do like the flat shoe and overall fee of the MBT. It really is incredibly close to my SSA-E. But I don't know if it can be trusted the same way my SSA or SSA-E can. Time will tell, I suppose.

RHINOWSO
07-24-18, 16:04
I went through the same logic tree recently.

The results as another Bill Geissele product, an SSA-E from PSA on sale for $179.00

noonesshowmonkey
07-24-18, 16:10
All of this himming and hawing about "is it as good as..." For $87, if you need a trigger for a lower, what the hell do you have to lose? If it is ANYTHING like a G2S, you saved $30-40. If it is like an SSA/SSA-E, you saved around $100.

If you know that the SSA-E is the shit, and you have an SPR you're building, then quit messing around with an MBT2S and get your SSA-E.

Seriously. Lots of waffling about a part that is priced so aggressively, from such a ridiculously reliable source, that it is absurd to navel gaze over. Buy one and find out, or get an SSA/E and drive on.

jpmuscle
07-24-18, 18:08
All of this himming and hawing about "is it as good as..." For $87, if you need a trigger for a lower, what the hell do you have to lose? If it is ANYTHING like a G2S, you saved $30-40. If it is like an SSA/SSA-E, you saved around $100.

If you know that the SSA-E is the shit, and you have an SPR you're building, then quit messing around with an MBT2S and get your SSA-E.

Seriously. Lots of waffling about a part that is priced so aggressively, from such a ridiculously reliable source, that it is absurd to navel gaze over. Buy one and find out, or get an SSA/E and drive on.

LaRuemasterrace nickel

dramabeats
07-24-18, 21:28
Reliability? The thing is made of S7 tool steel and there has been no reports of light hammer strikes.

I'm not sure what would fail.

shadowrider
07-24-18, 23:37
It didn’t work well with my JP bolt. I run a Colt upper and a DDLES lower.

Thanks much. You just cut the number I need to buy by one.

26 Inf
07-25-18, 01:21
Reliability? The thing is made of S7 tool steel and there has been no reports of light hammer strikes.

I don't what they are at now, was 145,000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0LF_bZnOz0

georgeib
07-25-18, 04:28

Nice. Just need a 50,000 MRBF (mean rounds between failure) life cycle. 150k is what I needed to push me over the edge. :)

Truly impressive actually.

Alex V
07-25-18, 08:27

I will openly admit that I am, by all intents and purposes, a LaRue fan boy. What I mean when I question reliability is that Geissele have a proven track record in combat and other adverse conditions, the LaRue's have not. Not saying the MBT won't be reliable.

shadowrider
07-25-18, 10:38

That's pretty impressive.

26 Inf
07-26-18, 14:13
I ordered mine on July 11 and they arrived yesterday. Paid the 87.00 price.

RobertTheTexan
07-26-18, 14:28
I ordered mine on July 11 and they arrived yesterday. Paid the 87.00 price.

I’m not even a huge fan of 2 stage triggers, but the quality of trigger at this price is hard to beat and hard to pass up as evidenced by my purchase 30 seconds ago. This will be my 4th or 5th MBT, but my first at $87. Wondering if they have a dedicated tooling line for the triggers now, I know the demand seems to be high.

shadowrider
07-26-18, 14:40
I’m not even a huge fan of 2 stage triggers, but the quality of trigger at this price is hard to beat and hard to pass up as evidenced by my purchase 30 seconds ago. This will be my 4th or 5th MBT, but my first at $87. Wondering if they have a dedicated tooling line for the triggers now, I know the demand is for to be high.

I think they built a whole wing to their plant just for triggers.

26 Inf
07-26-18, 17:09
I think they built a whole wing to their plant just for triggers.

Yep, here it is in time lapse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9JXffvZ74k

#1 documents the construction of our Great Trigger Hall.

Why a Great Trigger Hall ? Because you guys have bought so many MBT triggers in such a short time, coupled with the volume going into our own rifles, not to mention .mil usage, we're approaching or have crossed the 14,000th MBT made and shipped. Took about 18 months and there is no end in sight. So, to shorten the lead time, from order received to order shipped, we needed to consolidate the setup, gather it up and put it ergonomically all together ... getting ready for the next wave.

I kicked things off by carving out a large enough space out of our rough storage area in the back of one of our larger buildings, then duct-taped a GoPro on the wall, and off we went. It's all a blur, but I'm thinking it took us about 4 weeks from start to finish.

Those of you ordering triggers in the last couple of months have seen the "I can wait" lead time drop, and here's why ... and lead time is hovering around 3 weeks.

If you'd like to jump in the line and get a trigger on order, go to www.IwantmyMBT.com it will hyperspace you onto the MBT trigger page of our website.

Collin223
09-10-18, 13:59
I’m new to AR triggers, I currently have an ALG ACT trigger in my “do all/ home defense AR”, I’m looking to upgrade the trigger to something better and for the price I love the MBT. My question is one of reliability, especially with hard primers like M193. So is the MBT a reliable trigger especially for home defense/ serious use?

grizzman
09-10-18, 15:37
The MBT comes with two hammer springs. One gives a roughly 4 pound total pull weight, and the other is stiffer for those that prefer a heavier weight.

Mine with the standard springs set off CCI 34s and 41s every time, as well as those used in Norma TAC-223 and American Eagle AE223J ammo.

themonk
09-10-18, 15:42
Never had an issue with the MBT and hard primers or reliability. IMO its a solid trigger.

MorphCross
09-10-18, 15:56
The MBT comes with two hammer springs.

Those are trigger springs not hammer springs. The trigger spring has no role in the strength of hammer strikes. Hammer geometry in combination with the hammer springs determine reliability of primer ignition. As far as reliability goes all triggers when new in a firearm present a Schrödinger's Cat, meaning that you won't know until you have shot the firearm enough with new, quality, magazines and quality ammunition to your chosen baseline of mean rounds between failure.

alx01
09-10-18, 16:01
How does MBT-2 compare to something like Geissele SD-C trigger (with the heavy spring)?

09-10-18, 16:25
It breaks very similar to an SSA-E. That's what it directly compares to. I don't know what all the other G triggers are.

grizzman
09-10-18, 17:28
I guess my memory failed me, though the spring info is clearly stated on LaRue's product information page.

RobertTheTexan
09-10-18, 17:40
I’m new to AR triggers, I currently have an ALG ACT trigger in my “do all/ home defense AR”, I’m looking to upgrade the trigger to something better and for the price I love the MBT. My question is one of reliability, especially with hard primers like M193. So is the MBT a reliable trigger especially for home defense/ serious use?

What spring are you running with your ACT?

I ran ACT’s until I tried a Hiperfire EDT2. For a single stage combat style trigger, it is just hard to beat. But if you’re looking for a really good 2 stage the MBT will not disappoint. Based on some hard primer ammo I had, I believe the hammer strike is harder with the MBT.

Tigereye
09-10-18, 19:47
It breaks very similar to an SSA-E. That's what it directly compares to. I don't know what all the other G triggers are.

I really do like this trigger.

JediGuy
09-10-18, 21:13
I got to shoot my MBT-2S for the first time yesterday. Wonderful trigger, lighter pull than my SSA.

Collin223
09-11-18, 10:37
What spring are you running with your ACT?

I ran ACT’s until I tried a Hiperfire EDT2. For a single stage combat style trigger, it is just hard to beat. But if you’re looking for a really good 2 stage the MBT will not disappoint. Based on some hard primer ammo I had, I believe the hammer strike is harder with the MBT.

I’m using the standard heavy spring, not the weak spring.

AndyLate
01-13-19, 11:52
I ordered a MBT2S in December. Just curious, is anyone else still waiting on theirs?

I'm not hurting for the trigger, but am a little miffed that Larue's website does not indicate the triggers are on back order and that they charged my card for a back ordered item that has not shipped.

It is ironic that I ordered my first MBT2S as a
"I can wait" and was ecstatic that they were offering the trigger a little cheaper and without the wait.

Andy

officerX
01-13-19, 12:29
I ordered a MBT2S in December. Just curious, is anyone else still waiting on theirs?

I'm not hurting for the trigger, but am a little miffed that Larue's website does not indicate the triggers are on back order and that they charged my card for a back ordered item that has not shipped.

"I can wait" and was ecstatic that they were offering the trigger a little cheaper and without the wait.

Andy

I ordered one around the middle of December and had it in about 2 weeks IIRC.

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!

grizzman
01-13-19, 12:31
I ordered one on the 20th, and the order status is listed as back ordered.

I don't think my card was charged for it.

RustyIron
01-13-19, 12:48
A few weeks ago I ordered off of their web page, expecting it to be delivered in a couple days. After it never arrived, I checked, and saw that it was back ordered. I called and was told something like, "Yeah, well, no... our web page doesn't reflect what's really in stock. But we'll probably get them in a couple weeks." I'm really happy with their competitor's product, and just ordered the LaRue out of curiosity and they had a good sale going on. So I just told them to forget about it, and I'd order elsewhere.

Mr McSimon
01-13-19, 13:07

Andy

I ordered two of them November 28th and they finally showed up last week on the 7th. I called in between and got the same thing as others have said, that no they don't show if an item is in stock on the website, and no they don't know when exactly the triggers would be available for shipping. I didn't need them for anything specific so it was no big deal, but I was still a little put off about the lack of concern for the customer wait, and frankly they should let you know up front if something is back ordered.

I think their $87 sale had something to do with it, and I chose "no gift wrap needed" option so I suspect that they were giving "gift wrap needed" orders priority. Not a good excuse imo, but that's how it went for me.

26 Inf
01-13-19, 14:50
I see they've dropped the two tier pricing deal where you had the lower price for I can wait (IIRC varied from 99.99 when I bought my first one to 87.00 when I bought my last ones) and a higher price for I want it now (somewhere between 129.00 and 150.00 IIRC).

Tigereye
01-13-19, 16:39
I think the last one I ordered took about 4 weeks to get to me.

grizzman
01-13-19, 16:52
A few weeks ago I ordered off of their web page, expecting it to be delivered in a couple days. After it never arrived, I checked, and saw that it was back ordered. I called and was told something like, "Yeah, well, no... our web page doesn't reflect what's really in stock. But we'll probably get them in a couple weeks." I'm really happy with their competitor's product, and just ordered the LaRue out of curiosity and they had a good sale going on. So I just told them to forget about it, and I'd order elsewhere.

You paid less than their standard "I can wait" price, yet you expected it immediately? Or are you claiming to not know anything about their pricing structure of the last year?

I thought the $87 sale was only through Christmas or the end of 2018, but that's still the price today. :) I was expecting lots of orders at the end of the sale period, so it not arriving within a couple weeks was no surprise. If I get it in February, I'll still be completely happy.

JediGuy
01-13-19, 18:02
I too ordered a couple MBT-2S at Christmas, “lest the deal slip away.” Card charged, no email updates besides order confirmation on 12/25, but that’s what I expected from back in the summer when I ordered one. Definitely could be handled better, but really hard to argue at that price. Far and away better than any of the mil-spec, nickel-treated single-stage triggers out there for very little additional money at this price.

Spiff_P239
01-13-19, 18:24
I ordered mine over the Black Friday weekend and received it roughly 3 weeks later. No real update until it shipped but considering the price and quality of the product, I’m happy with the results.

AndyLate
01-13-19, 20:00
You paid less than their standard "I can wait" price, yet you expected it immediately? Or are you claiming to not know anything about their pricing structure of the last year?

Larue announced that triggers would be in stock and available at that price until Christmas. It was not an "I can wait" offer.

I waited until 22 December to order. I don't have a heartache that I have to wait, I am just trying to get a feel for when it may be shipped.

Andy

RustyIron
01-14-19, 00:01
Or are you claiming to not know anything about their pricing structure of the last year?

It sounds like you're implying that I'm in some way ignorant.
I don't know what to think of that.

phixion
01-14-19, 07:53
Sale extended until July 4, 2019 I believe.

Wait times ~ 3 weeks, on average.

Apparently, once they have the inventory, the may start offering OEM's a chance to buy and install MBT triggers in their rifles.

EHilderbrand
01-14-19, 08:47
I now have two MBT2S triggers. One in an SPR type rifle, which I run the lighter trigger spring, and one in a 10.3" .300 Blackout which I run the heavy spring. I personally prefer the heavier spring due to the positive reset.

The lighter weight trigger spring in the SPR, I think the reset is a little limp. Not as positive, almost mushy and weak.

As far as the wide trigger shoe, I'm not a huge fan of it but I would say I am getting used to it.

For the money, good triggers, however, I will not be purchasing anymore, as I do prefer the rounded edges and overall feel of the G triggers.

jaholder
01-14-19, 19:04
I've got 2 in AR's I've built, one in my brother in law's Mk18 clone and about to order 2 more.

JediGuy
01-14-19, 19:32
FYI from today on the gram.

shadowrider
01-14-19, 20:11
Sale extended until July 4, 2019 I believe.

Wait times ~ 3 weeks, on average.

Apparently, once they have the inventory, the may start offering OEM's a chance to buy and install MBT triggers in their rifles.

That is pretty close based on my two orders. IIRC, one in November and one in December. The December order took a few extra days due to Christmas I'm sure.

just a scout
01-14-19, 20:20
It’s a nice enough trigger with good feel but it does something to my safety. It takes a little more effort to move to fire and doesn’t click like it’s supposed to. Still trying to wrap my head around why.

EzGoingKev
01-14-19, 20:55
It’s a nice enough trigger with good feel but it does something to my safety. It takes a little more effort to move to fire and doesn’t click like it’s supposed to. Still trying to wrap my head around why.

Did you remove the safety to install the trigger?

AndyLate
01-25-19, 09:17
Well, the trigger I ordered on 21 December will arrive today on 25 January.

just a scout
01-25-19, 09:43
Did you remove the safety to install the trigger?

Can’t remember right now. Think I lost a spring?

EzGoingKev
01-25-19, 10:29
Can’t remember right now. Think I lost a spring?

No, you would know it if you lost the spring for the safety detent.

When I had the Colt trigger in my 6920 it was really gritty. I removed the trigger and selector lever. I cleaned and lubed everything up really nice. When I put it together the selector felt spongy. Before I took it apart it was nice and crisp.

I loosened up the grip screw and wiggled the grip around some and tightened it back up. The selector lever went back to the crisp feeling.

IF you removed the grip then I would try that and see what it does for you.

grizzman
01-25-19, 11:03

I suggest removing the trigger and safety lever, and reinstalling it again....applying a bit of lube to the safety.

I've got about 5 MBTs and they allow the safeties to act just like they do with ACT, SSA, PNT, and all my other triggers.....smartly moving between fire and safe positions.

NinjaPete
02-24-19, 16:13
Any MBT users ever tinker with the trigger spring? I love the MBT and went back and forth between the heavy, but ultimately decided to stay with the light. I do wish the light spring was closer to the 4.5# advertised though as both of mine pull about 3.5#. The light spring just has a poor reset and could be a tad heavier for me (but not as heavy as the heavy spring). Any idea if like a colt trigger spring might be a tad heavier than the larue light one? As much as I hate too many choices, I wish larue offered an intermediate spring as well, thatd be the ticket.

RVTMaverick
02-25-19, 07:38
Hey EHilderbrand,

Just a quick tip about Your Trigger Shape/Feel, it's really an easy fix brother, remove said Trigger and break out dremel tool or drill, Grinding stone & or a Barrel sander and chuck it up. Then go to work grinding, sanding & polishing to get the shape and feel you want... Easy Peasy ;)
I did just this on an AR10 I have 2 wks ago, that was actually hurting my figure when shooting, the edges were too sharp, the casting was not deburred No where close enough for me.
Now my trigger feels Great!

I Hope this Helps, Peace

As far as the wide trigger shoe, I'm not a huge fan of it but I would say I am getting used to it.

For the money, good triggers, however, I will not be purchasing anymore, as I do prefer the rounded edges and overall feel of the G triggers.

ChattanoogaPhil
02-25-19, 08:05
I purchased an MBT Nov 2017. $99. Back then they stuffed the box.
Great trigger at an even better price.

https://i.imgur.com/yXpyzqe.jpg

matemike
10-16-19, 13:52
I just installed an MBT-2S...so far I am impressed. I think list price was $87 and total with tax and shipping just barely surpassed $100. It took about 5 days to get to my door after placing the order.

I've shot many light triggers and prefer them for some applications. For instance I have a 2 lb Timney spring in my Browning A-bolt 7mm Rem Mag hunting rifle. I had a 2.5 lb Timney trigger on my Weatherby Mark V 338/378 Wby. I have a 3 lb Timney single stage trigger on one of my AR's. I have a Volquartzen trigger in my 10/22 that is feather light. And I have an Alexander Arms trigger installed on my 300 blackout mostly because it was the thinnest trigger pad I could find (one more indicator to remind me it's the 300blk AR in my hands) and I have it set to about 3 pounds. I really like my light triggers.

I did not want to put something like the above mentioned triggers into my 11.5" HD BCM. I wanted mil-spec ergonomics, but smoother and just a little lighter. I made do with the mil spec trigger because I didn't want to dish out for a G trigger. I made due through a few classes, several hunting trips and numerous range trips. I only short stroked the trigger (didn't release to full reset) when in classes and things were moving faster for me. Needless to say, I still wanted to improve the trigger without breaking the bank. So glad I finally jumped onto this LT trigger set at the truly incredible price point. This could easily be a $240 trigger as well, but it just isn't. Good Job Mark! and LT.

Real world pull weights that I just measured with my Timney trigger spring scale

Mil Spec trigger that came pre-installed in BCM lower from G&R Tactical after ~2500 rounds

dry firing in a vice block

5.9 lbs
6.3 lbs
6.0 lbs
6.0 lbs
6.1 lbs

MBT-2S immediately after self install

dry firing in vice block

4.1 lbs
4.1 lbs
4.0 lbs
4.0 lbs
4.1 lbs

= About a two pound drop in total trigger pull weight from a broken in mil spec trigger. Much more smooth and crisp in my trigger finger and head. According to the numbers, a little more consistent as well.

The take up and reset distances are all the same as far as I can tell, but the smoothness and feel is tremendously better with the LT trigger. Take up is precise and break is very crisp.
The reset with the mil-spec trigger gave a rock solid feel, almost like it hung up for a second (may be the cause of me short stroking) and the audible click sounded like it could be heard across a field. The LT trigger reset is just as positive feeling but again smoother with no hang up and I believe less likely to cause me to short stroke the trigger in rapid fire. The audible click is more natural as to how a rest should sound.

AndyLate
10-16-19, 16:33
Mike, I installed the heavier trigger spring on one of my MBT triggers and I like the fact it requires a little more deliberate pull and has a slightly crisper reset. I left the standard spring in my "precision" AR.

Andy

turnburglar
10-22-19, 23:59
I just started having a really weird issue with an MBT-2s in one of my guns. I installed the trigger, and there has been a good 100-200 rounds through the gun since installation. I was shooting the gun earlier this weekend and then again today, and had the exact same stoppage like 3 times. The trigger shoe doesn't return forward after the gun cycles, even if the hammer catches. The gun will not go on safe, and there is no slack in the trigger; again this is with the hammer in the 'fire' position. You can't even put your finger behind the trigger and manually reset it. It feels very locked in position. I checked the lower and there are no popped primers (had this issue with a bad batch of ammo) the trigger springs are in right and everything is clean and lubed with white lithium grease. Also this issue has happened with both live rounds and cycling the gun by hand.

themonk
10-23-19, 06:08
I just started having a really weird issue with an MBT-2s in one of my guns. I installed the trigger, and there has been a good 100-200 rounds through the gun since installation. I was shooting the gun earlier this weekend and then again today, and had the exact same stoppage like 3 times. The trigger shoe doesn't return forward after the gun cycles, even if the hammer catches. The gun will not go on safe, and there is no slack in the trigger; again this is with the hammer in the 'fire' position. You can't even put your finger behind the trigger and manually reset it. It feels very locked in position. I checked the lower and there are no popped primers (had this issue with a bad batch of ammo) the trigger springs are in right and everything is clean and lubed with white lithium grease. Also this issue has happened with both live rounds and cycling the gun by hand.

I would call Larue ASAP.

matemike
10-23-19, 06:53
I would call Larue ASAP.

This ^

But me usually being impatient I’d want to inspect the tiny spring that sits on top of the trigger bar under the disconnector/hook.

kavants
10-25-19, 14:37
Have 4 Larue triggers. 3 MBT-2S and a MBT-1S. Love the 2 stage. The jury is still out on the 1 stage. It feels a bit stiff.

kLIMA
10-25-19, 15:01
I’ve had both the curved and straight versions of the MBT-2S for a while now but up until this week I hadn’t put any serious time behind either of them. This week I ran one of my rifles with the curved version through a weeklong class and it performed great. I don’t consider myself a trigger guru by any means but I do have three different Geissele triggers and I like the curved MBT-2S as much as them. While it is a two stage trigger probably more geared for precision, I found it really easy and fun to shoot speed drills with. As others have said, the price is excellent for what you get. I’m not going to sell off my Geissele triggers and I will continue to buy Geissele triggers and gear (during Black Friday) but Larue is a valid option that I consider an equal trigger to many of the different Geissele items.

Rob3220
10-25-19, 15:06
Great trigger have three

Anunnaki
10-25-19, 16:11
I sold an SSA-E and bought two more MBT's so I could have them in all of my ARs. Cant beat it for $87, or $99. I bought my first one at $125 and it was still a good price vs others.

penguin
10-25-19, 20:59
I sold an SSA-E and bought two more MBT's so I could have them in all of my ARs. Cant beat it for $87, or $99. I bought my first one at $125 and it was still a good price vs others.

With the lower price they seem like a pretty good option for the $$
I have a curved 2S that I really like, I want to get a flat 2S to try out.

AndyLate
10-26-19, 06:34
I have 2 curved triggers and want a straight as well (for no good reason).

I would appreciate it if LaRue rounded/melted the corners on his triggers. It's not a problem for me, just makes them seem unfinished.

Edited to add - I really want to try one of the single stage triggers.

Andy

Peadog
10-26-19, 06:52
I haven't had any troubles with my La Rue triggers. I think they're great.

JediGuy
10-26-19, 07:56
I would appreciate it if LaRue rounded/melted the corners on his triggers. It's not a problem for me, just makes them seem unfinished.

I tend to agree with this. I can’t imagine it would raise the cost much.

jpmuscle
10-26-19, 08:30
Newp. They’re fine the way they are imo.

malignantbum
10-26-19, 08:46
I have 2 I purchased. For the price they out punch their weight class. My default and comparison is the SSA. Will I purchase more, no. The SSA and SSA-E are my preference based upon my experience them. Should there be a fiscal constraint then absolutely I would purchase again. I’m also a miller blade vs a Mac blade guy when it comes to intubation... just the opinion from my experience and perspective.

EzGoingKev
10-26-19, 09:13
I’m also a miller blade vs a Mac blade guy when it comes to intubation... just the opinion from my experience and perspective.
Say what?

Five_Point_Five_Six
10-26-19, 11:29
I've got a few thousand through a couple MBT's, both 2 stage, one flat, one curved, and I've never felt like they need to be rounded. Is this a thing we do now where we take a product that outperforms it's price tag by a long shot and then start introducing ways to make it more expensive for no reason?

rvanno
10-26-19, 11:57
It’s two different types of blades to assist anesthesiologists insert breathing tubes into patients.

DrMark
10-26-19, 12:02
I stick with Geissele and LaRue for my aftermarket triggers. I have great experience with both. The price advantage of LaRue is a bonus.

malignantbum
10-26-19, 14:39
Work jargon, I go with what I’ve used and validated thru my experience.

GTF425
10-26-19, 14:55
I’m also a miller blade vs a Mac blade guy

GOOD DAY, SIR.

msr
10-26-19, 15:11
I like mine. It is better than a stock trigger. No comparison to a Geissele because I can't see spending that kind of money.