PDA

View Full Version : SBR'd CZ Evo Scorpion Pistol Accuracy Evaluation

Mrgunsngear
04-06-16, 13:05
http://i.imgur.com/lp2qZ3dl.jpg

I got a ton of comments/requests for an accuracy "test" following my Scorpion review so I pulled the three types of 9mm that I had in my range bag our for a little test.

Basic results---my particular gun didn't like the lightweight 9mm offerings at all and seemed to prefer the 135gr Hornady Critical Duty load. Not sure if it applies to all but figured some folks may be interested in the results.

http://youtu.be/bQpKrozkPy8

Auto-X Fil
04-06-16, 13:12
FYI, I have found ours to shoot like crap with our plinking Universal lead rounds, but a hot load of Power Pistol under a 124gr coated lead cone or RN is 3-4MOA with a Sparc on top.

Big A
04-06-16, 19:39
I wonder how it would fair with NATO spec 9mm?

I would imagine CZ was trying to get some European Mil/LE contracts and would set the gun up for best results with that load.

Granted, I have nothing to base this on other than it's what I would do if I was in charge of a gun company. So I could be, and probably am, completely wrong.

Firefly
04-06-16, 19:54
Part of me wants one as it looks like a cyberpunk SMG

Part of me wants an MP5 Clone but that will either be horribly expensive or will put money in Turkey's coffers.

Hmm....

Stengun
04-08-16, 08:43
Howdy,

Thanks for the report!

I get emails from PSA and the CZ pistol was in one of their emails. After clicking on the link and seeing the various pics I thought this would be great to SBR.

Firefly,

I already have a suppressed Vector MP5/.40S&W clone and it's fun to shoot!

Paul

HeruMew
04-08-16, 09:41
The brass-towards-camera timing is an awesome addition to this cool firearm picture.

Kudos for taking the time to get something like that SBR'd as it makes one BA looking firearm.

What kind of Total OAL are you looking at with the Scorpion?

Mrgunsngear
04-08-16, 14:36
The brass-towards-camera timing is an awesome addition to this cool firearm picture.

Kudos for taking the time to get something like that SBR'd as it makes one BA looking firearm.

What kind of Total OAL are you looking at with the Scorpion?

Thanks.

I've honestly never measured it as I'm changing stocks all the time. I have the one in the video, a factory one, and the new Manticore one is coming :D

KCBRUIN
04-08-16, 19:13
Part of me wants one as it looks like a cyberpunk SMG

Part of me wants an MP5 Clone but that will either be horribly expensive or will put money in Turkey's coffers.

Hmm....

Brethren Arms has their production model clone that is only a couple hundred more than the Turkish guns. I think you make that money back in 922r compliance and when you SBR it because of this "contact us when your application has been approved by the BATF. We will do an exchange of the endcap for the stock of your choosing."

I'm just looking for the funds.

And to stay on topic great video as always, from a subscriber. Sorry to hijack. Maybe a review of the BA9 factory model?