PDA

View Full Version : Plate carrier sizing?

rushca01
04-06-16, 14:04
I have a pair of "large" SAPI plates which they say are 10x12, does the collective think I can squeeze these in to a medium plate carrier?

HeruMew
04-06-16, 15:25
I have a pair of "large" SAPI plates which they say are 10x12, does the collective think I can squeeze these in to a medium plate carrier?

To my knowledge, the 10x12 plate is the standard size they come in. Don't take my word for it, but before you buy any carrier, it should specify what size plates it utilizes.

No matter what, Kudos for looking into that kind of purchase. Just make sure to research whichever plate carrier you plan on going with to make sure it fits that size plates. :)

elephantrider
04-07-16, 15:28

Short answer: No.

Large SAPI is a specific size. You can look up what the exact dimensions are and compare to what you have to see if they are in fact Large SAPI dimensions. "10x12," can be something entirely different and is often a generic size name used by various mfgs. and can be a lot of different dimensions.

"Medium plate carrier?" Is that a medium SAPI plate carrier, or some other medium plate size? Typically "medium," means medium SAPI plate size. And NO, a Large plate should NOT be able to squeeze into a properly made medium carrier as the plate pockets should be sized to hold their designated plate size snug. There are some carriers, like the SKD PIG, that can hold multiple sizes, but that does not seem to be the case here.

So, determine exactly what size plate you have, and then find a carrier that you like that is also designed to fit that plate size.