PDA

View Full Version : 762 suppressor shopping. Sdn-6 vs saker 762 or?

sevin8nin
04-06-16, 23:14
Im selling a rifle and want to use the funds for a 762 suppressor.
I have an aac spr/m4 right now but am getting a .300 blackout barrel (10.5") for one of my MRPs as partial trade.
The barrel has an aac 51t on it already. I really like some of the modular features of the saker and the lockup on the mount. But i know the sdn-6 can be had for cheaper and it would save me from having to change the mount on this barrel.
Ultimately id like to use the can for sbr 300 blackout, sbr 5.56 potentially, and my 308 LMT MWS.
Im not super concerned about suppression on the mws, just signature reduction, and recoil reduction. Would like to minimize poi shift.
I keep getting hung up on weight since my current spr/m4 can is long and heavy, but i guess it is what it is.

Ive never shot either. Only ever shot a surefire 762-rc on a bolt gun for 762. Anyone have experience with either of these suppressors?

Springfield
04-07-16, 00:01
No hands on experience with those two but I was in the same boat not long ago and went with the Saker (still waiting on Form 4 approval). I wanted it for 300 blk SBR, 5.56 SBR, and .308. The selling points for me was it was rated down to 7'' in 5.56 full auto and up to 300 ultra mag. While I will never own a 5.56 that short or a 300 ultra mag, it speaks to the design and durability of the product. The mounting options are also a plus.

Koshinn
04-07-16, 03:05
Im selling a rifle and want to use the funds for a 762 suppressor.
I have an aac spr/m4 right now but am getting a .300 blackout barrel (10.5") for one of my MRPs as partial trade.
The barrel has an aac 51t on it already. I really like some of the modular features of the saker and the lockup on the mount. But i know the sdn-6 can be had for cheaper and it would save me from having to change the mount on this barrel.
Ultimately id like to use the can for sbr 300 blackout, sbr 5.56 potentially, and my 308 LMT MWS.
Im not super concerned about suppression on the mws, just signature reduction, and recoil reduction. Would like to minimize poi shift.
I keep getting hung up on weight since my current spr/m4 can is long and heavy, but i guess it is what it is.

Ive never shot either. Only ever shot a surefire 762-rc on a bolt gun for 762. Anyone have experience with either of these suppressors?

I have a SDN6, a sbr 5.56, and a MWS. Both use that can. It works.

That said, it's an older can with compromises made on the mounting system. I have no complaints, but would get something newer today.

BigWaylon
04-07-16, 06:13
You wouldn't have to change the mount if you bought a Saker and the 51T MAAD Module.

themonk
04-07-16, 06:22
You wouldn't have to change the mount if you bought a Saker and the 51T MAAD Module.

If you are looking for bomb proof, the Saker is every bit as the SDN6 and is more modular with its mounting system including direct thread.

BigWaylon was also having a adapter made for the SiCo Omega to be able to accept the MAAD system and you could attached the 51T to that. BigWaylon are you going to do a second run of those Omega adapters?

BigWaylon
04-07-16, 07:48
BigWaylon was also having a adapter made for the SiCo Omega to be able to accept the MAAD system and you could attached the 51T to that. BigWaylon are you going to do a second run of those Omega adapters?
He may be doing another batch, not sure. But, if anybody wants one, you can email him and he'll make them when he has time. I was up there earlier this week to get a shotgun barrel cut down and he has a to-do list of about 25 Ti flat caps, some number of Ti direct thread mounts, and another handful of the MAAD adapters (all items for Omegas).

themonk
04-07-16, 07:49
He may be doing another batch, not sure. But, if anybody wants one, you can email him and he'll make them when he has time. I was up there earlier this week to get a shotgun barrel cut down and he has a to-do list of about 25 Ti flat caps, some number of Ti direct thread mounts, and another handful of the MAAD adapters (all items for Omegas).

Who do we contact?

Lee Indy
04-07-16, 07:56
Oh yeah. thanks for reminding me.

Slippers
04-07-16, 10:38
I have a Saker 762. If it was available when I purchased mine, I would have gotten an Omega instead. I even switched to the ASR on my saker because the trifecta had many issues for me, despite being replaced three times.

The Omega is also much lighter.

bullitt
04-07-16, 10:49
I have a SDN-6 that I use on a short 300Blk, short 5.56, and a bolt action .308. I got it when they first came out and it has worked great.

However, as others have said, it's a dated design and there are better options now. If I were buying today I would probably go with the Omega

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jstalford
04-07-16, 10:52
I have the saker too and probably would've gone omega or razor if they were available. The Saker is pretty long/heavy.

sevin8nin
04-07-16, 12:21
Thanks everyone. I hadn't really looked at the Omega yet, and now that I see it comes with direct thread, and the ASR mount, and the anchor brake is replaceable with a flat cap I'm smitten. Great size, touts great features, and good performance.

Anyone have one yet?

BigWaylon
04-07-16, 14:21
Lots of them out there. I really like mine. The only "issue" at all is some of the barrel length restrictions, but that doesn't affect a lot of owners.

kevN
04-07-16, 15:24
I have an Omega, I primarily run it on a 12.5" 556 gun using the QD mounts it's been great, definitely appreciate the versatility. Have also used it on a Noveske N6 .308, and 16" BCM.

I use the anchor break on .308, but I don't have a 762 flat cap to test with to see what the deal is with recoil mitigation differences there.

cdmiller
04-07-16, 20:31
I have a Saker762 I have had for quite a while. It was in the first shipment Silencer Shop received. I bought it based on face to face conversations with the Silencerco guys at the NRA Annual Meeting in Houston. I was originally going to buy a SDN-6 after shooting one on a AAC .300BLK SBR at a silencer shoot. Then I meet someone at a rifle shoot here in Houston that owned one and he was not happy. It worked fine as a suppressor but, no matter what he did, he was unable to get it to do anything better than double the size of his groups on his precision rifles. That was not acceptable to me

Mine sees most of its use on 5.56 and .300BLK SBRs with 0 problems. Also, it has no effect on group size of the precision guns on which it sometimes sees use. Just some repeatable POI shift. I know some people seem to have issues with the Trifecta mount but I have never had any issues. The weight is what it is but I don't expect it will ever die.

On that note, I have a Mystic X in jail that I will be using on the .300BLK in the future. After the addition of a HATE and a MAAD, that is. :)

The Mystic X will also get some use on my various 9mm platform

Pappabear
04-10-16, 22:05
The SDN6 is solid and will do what you want. I have two. I recently bought a couple Sig cans. They are a great option. And they come with mount. I would have no problem buying another SDN6 if the price was right and I needed one. Very tuff all steel can.