PDA

View Full Version : Ordering from LaRue? ETA?

ballsout
08-22-08, 21:12
Well I ordered a
1) 7.0 Rail
2) Cantilever mount
3) Hensoldt w/pivot mount
4) Troy folding rear buis

Its been two weeks and nothing has showed up yet and I live in Houston, TX like (200miles away). I called them up Monday and they said they are not sure when any more Rails will produced and I could not receive any kind of general time as to when there will be more in production. They said they would send me what they can, but nothing has come in a week. Is this normal? From what I hear they have great service and on their site it says items will be mailed out that day or day after. Whats the deal?

Stickman
08-22-08, 21:47
Should have gone through Grant. He would have taken care of you.

theJanitor
08-22-08, 21:50
your items must be out of stock because they normally ship out in a day or two. i placed two orders from them this week and both shipped out the next day.

ballsout
08-22-08, 21:51

Shoot and I had to pay instate taxes.

But would he of had the hensoldt mag/w pivot? and the troy buis? Also on Grant's page hes out of 7.0 rails.

Lonestar.45
08-22-08, 22:39
I had the same experience and I live 20 miles away. I ordered a LaRue BUIS. Waited a week and a half, nothing showed. I called, they said they weren't sure when I'd get it and that the BUIS was not a priority in their current production. I waited another week and was about to cancel and order a Troy when it showed up.
I will say, the free goodies they threw in made it worth the wait, along with the superb quality. But if you need it fast, you might want to call ahead or order from someplace that has what you need in stock.

sewvacman
08-22-08, 23:06
I ordered a lo-pro gas block from them (grant was out) and it took about a week to get , but the mail over here sucks. Get at least one thing from LaRue the extra's totally make up the price difference. Warrior has a 9.0 NIB for $260 shipped in the member sales forums.

Jeffy
08-22-08, 23:13
Shoot and I had to pay instate taxes.

But would he of had the hensoldt mag/w pivot? and the troy buis? Also on Grant's page hes out of 7.0 rails.

I've found it a good idea to email them and see if it's in stock or if it isn't then you can ask for an ETA.

I try to buy out of state whenever possible.

spamsammich
08-23-08, 00:17
I'm pretty sure a lot of their staff is on vacation, a few of my emails have gone unanswered, which is pretty unusual.

scottp999
08-23-08, 08:10
I've found it a good idea to email them and see if it's in stock or if it isn't then you can ask for an ETA.

I try to buy out of state whenever possible.

When I ordered an Aimpoint from them, it was out of stock and I did not see it for about a month. Now I always email to find out stock levels before a purchase.

AggiePhil
08-23-08, 10:55
Pretty much all the FF handguards are on backorder most of the time. After waiting for about a month to get a 7.0 handguard, I always call ahead to check stock before ordering. And if they don't have the item in stock (like the 10.0 handguard I recently needed), I call around until I find a place that has it. This time, G&R Tactical (I'm assuming this is the Grant person that Stick was referring to) had some 10.0s in stock so I ordered from them.

ballsout
08-23-08, 12:25
sweet. it just seems weird coming from a company that is supposed to have top notch service.

C4IGrant
08-23-08, 12:33

LOL, well I could if I had any 7.0 rails in stock. I haven't seen any of those buggers in 6 months! :mad:

C4

ballsout
08-23-08, 12:57
LOL, well I could if I had any 7.0 rails in stock. I haven't seen any of those buggers in 6 months! :mad:

C4

What do you suppose the hold up is? The guy I spoke with on the phone couldn't even tell me if they will have more in a month, year, etc....

C4IGrant
08-23-08, 13:03
What do you suppose the hold up is? The guy I spoke with on the phone couldn't even tell me if they will have more in a month, year, etc....

Very good question. I get as much info out of them about my backorders as you do.

C4

COLT6933
08-23-08, 15:08
The only place i know that has almost all LaRue FF in stock is Wes at MSTN.

Broadway
08-23-08, 21:09
sweet. it just seems weird coming from a company that is supposed to have top notch service.

I along with several members of our agency have been dealing with Larue now for years. If they make the part I need I wait for it. There are two factors going on here, one there is a war on, and two their parts are in very high demand by the folks that know their value. It is not uncommon for them to get a large military order, and as it should be everyone else gets in line until it gets filled. They also can actually answer questions about the products they sell and tell you what actually works and what does not. Of course waiting can be frustrating, but I have never been disappointed by anything with a Larue name on it.

10MMGary
08-23-08, 21:19
I have bought more than a few items from LaRue. Fortunately every time I ordered the item was in stock. I am curious though in regards to those that have ordered from them and had to wait for the item, do they charge your card when the order is placed or wait until they ship?

Nimslow
08-24-08, 01:44
Call or e-mail them first to check stock. I've always gotten speedy responses to e-mails.

And all the swag gear they include makes it worth it. I'll pay the state tax, and order from Larue, every time before I order from a dealer. I'm starting to accumulate a herd of "dillos", and several hats. Plus other cool stuff.

The LaRue dillo is the best beverage opener ever!

ballsout
09-02-08, 18:18
Well I ordered a
1) 7.0 Rail
2) Cantilever mount
3) Hensoldt w/pivot mount
4) Troy folding rear buis

Its been two weeks and nothing has showed up yet and I live in Houston, TX like (200miles away). I called them up Monday and they said they are not sure when any more Rails will produced and I could not receive any kind of general time as to when there will be more in production. They said they would send me what they can, but nothing has come in a week. Is this normal? From what I hear they have great service and on their site it says items will be mailed out that day or day after. Whats the deal?

FINALLY got my stuff from larue but a quick question about the Hensoldt magnifier. Is it supposed to look beat up. I know they were refurbished but the brim of mine looks like it was thrown on concreate a couple times.

nickdrak
09-02-08, 18:35

The deal is that they sell more stuff on a daily basis then they can possibly produce. The best way to make sure you get what you want to order in a short time frame, is to call and find out if they have what you want in stock. If not, then you have other options available for stocking dealers that may have what you are looking for. If you have no luck finding what you are looking for through all of the available LaRue channels, then there are other options that may be easier to get ahold of quicker.

As far as the condition of youy magnifier goes, call LaRue directly and tell them about the condition. You will get no satisfaction here. All of the Poor Boy specials that I have seen looked to be in very good-excellent condition.

nickdrak
09-02-08, 18:40
I have bought more than a few items from LaRue. Fortunately every time I ordered the item was in stock. I am curious though in regards to those that have ordered from them and had to wait for the item, do they charge your card when the order is placed or wait until they ship?

Everytime I, or someone I know that has placed an order directly through LaRue, and any item in the order was "back-ordered", out credit cards were not charged until the order was packed up for shipping. If they ship out a partial order, they have only charged my card for what was shipped, and charged for the back-ordered items when they ship out.

spamsammich
09-02-08, 19:18
My Po Boy looks like it was well used. But I bought it knowing it was surplus grade and would have no warranty associated with it, just like it clearly says on the website. It is clear and works well for what it is. It will do until I decide I need something more powerful. If it ever goes bad I will take their advice and "use it for something to shoot at" and leave them alone.

ballsout
09-02-08, 20:38
lol no complaints... the glass seems flawless and i guess its def. no worse than buying jeans with torn holes in them already. at least i know its been through something more than i'll probably ever go through.