PDA

View Full Version : Is LaRue going to make?

SHIVAN
10-08-06, 19:09
Are they going to make a monolithic upper/rail unit???

I would love to see a LaRue piece that uses regular barrels.....

Boom
10-08-06, 19:27
Yes its in the works.

SHIVAN
10-08-06, 20:06
ETA???

Boom
10-08-06, 20:13
No idea. :(

dukduk
10-09-06, 20:15
what about a flip up buis?

baffle Stack
10-09-06, 23:37
Whole uppers would be nice. It sound like it may be in the works. Check out mfinger's pic thread at ARF. Someone over there makes it sound like they know something us normal people don't.

nickdrak
10-10-06, 00:48
The "Monolith" is still in the development stage, and last I heard directly from LaRue staff is that they are not sure if they are going to go through with it, and if they do decide to go through with it, the end product has not been finalized as of yet. Rest assured, if there is enough interest in the "Monolith", that LaRue will build it.

They are currently focusing on the "Stealth" Billet upper receiver project, and the "IronDot" optic/mount, as well as keeping up with the current market demand for the rest of their gear. I do think they will get around to the "Monolith" eventually though.

Wayne Dobbs
10-10-06, 04:51
Nick,

Can you expound on the "iron/dot" mount a little more?

Jay Cunningham
10-10-06, 06:45
Nick,

Can you expound on the "iron/dot" mount a little more?

Not Nick, but:

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/catalog/jpointcloseup.jpg

IronDot M4 version (w/flip up rear sights) IronDots are not available until late October.

Pride Fowler 5 moa red dot optic w/BUIS on the M4 mount; just over 5 oz. weight.

Also has a low mount w/o the BUIS.

baffle Stack
10-10-06, 09:05
That's cool, but what purpose does it serve? Is it marketed to the lightweight crowd?

C4IGrant
10-10-06, 09:13
Not Nick, but:

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/catalog/jpointcloseup.jpg

Pride Fowler 5 moa red dot optic w/BUIS on the M4 mount; just over 5 oz. weight.

Also has a low mount w/o the BUIS.

They have also made these for the Docter Optic and I plan on offering them as a package deal.

C4

C4IGrant
10-10-06, 09:14
That's cool, but what purpose does it serve? Is it marketed to the lightweight crowd?

For those people that want a light weight optic that is auto adjusting. Weapon platforms might be an AR pistol, SBR, 9mm or .22 AR.

C4

Jay Cunningham
10-10-06, 09:31
Don't shoot the messenger.

I have a real practical application for the low mount.

baffle Stack
10-10-06, 12:21
Don't shoot the messenger.

I have a real practical application for the low mount.

That was not my intention. It was an honest question.

Akoni
10-10-06, 12:46
They have also made these for the Docter Optic and I plan on offering them as a package deal.

C4

Grant,

Do you have a source for the Docter optic? I had given up a while back looking for one.

Tony

ps. A low mount Docter/red-dot that offers some sort of co-witness or look-under for use with an M1A in a Sage stock is what I'm after. I like the Docter for its light weight.