PDA

View Full Version : Hiperfire Hipertouch EDT3 - initial impressions

MWT
04-09-16, 12:04
I picked up a Hiperfire Hipertouch Enhanced Duty Trigger 3 with the hybrid bow today for my PWS Mk1 to replace the stock ALG QMS that came with the rifle. While I have a Geissele SD-E for my 308 and I love it, it was more than I wanted to spend for my AR15, and I actually wanted to test out the triggers from Hiperfire since I read so many good things about them. I wanted a trigger that was non-adjustable, single stage, provided reliable primer ignition and was around the 5lbs mark while being below $100. Hiperfire claim decreased lock time and higher strike energy vs mil spec and rate the EDT2 and EDT3 as 308 compatible. It also comes with two hammer springs, allowing the choice between 5&6lbs or 4&5lbs. Wait, what? Let me explain:

The EDT3 features a duplex, or two-position trigger bow. Place the finger high in the curve and the pull weight is approximately 5 or 6 lbs with the supplied red hammer spring installed. Or, with the finger riding low on the vertical tip, the weight is approximately 4 or 5 lbs. when the supplied green hammer spring is installed. This trigger is directed to DMR use. Run the finger high in tactical situations, or run it low in longer range precision scenarios.

Installation was pretty easy, no removal of the safety is needed and the disconnector/trigger comes with a slave pin. I did take me ages to get everything aligned for some reason, as a comparison I fitted my Geissele SD-E in 5 minutes using a Leatherman MUT while holding the lower in my lap.

During dry-fire, I must say I like it. The bow is something different, and not as comfortable as the flat bow of the Geissele SD series, but it's a nice a very nice hybrid and I can see how it will be a great budget DMR trigger.
How does it feel? That's a tough one, feel is subjective. It's not as good as my SD-E, but it's also $150 less. It feels better than the ALG QMS, ACS and BCM PNT (not by much - I will elaborate). There is no take-up, a little smooth creep and a really predictable break. Reset was louder/more pronounced on the ALG's & BCM.
BCM PNT vs Hiperfire EDT3 - The BCM PNT feels great, I was surprised actually. For a combat trigger, I would save the $40 and get the BCM. But since I really want to explore long range, the hybrid trigger bow and the really predictable break of the EDT3 make it worth the $99 price tag to me, for my application.

I will hit the range in a few hours and update after sending some rounds along with a picture or two.

HeruMew
04-09-16, 16:49
Thanks for such an awesome review!

Thats one thing i haven't explored to much, but i jave been seeing that name floating around for awhile.

The two points on the bow sounds like an interesting concept.

Thanks again!

TomMcC
04-09-16, 17:09
When I get a couple bucks together I want to score a EDT1 for a carbine I have. Did you put a trigger gauge on it?

porks
04-12-16, 19:44
How did the range trip go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk