PDA

View Full Version : H-S Precision Remington 700 Detachable Magazine Conversion Kits?

NYH1
04-10-16, 00:09
I'm thinking about switching two of my model 700's w/BDL style bottom setups to detachable magazine setups. One is a box stock 700 5R 223 Rem. and the other is a 700 SPS Varmint 308 Win. with the same Bell & Carlson M40 style stock as my 5R (couldn't get rid of that crappy factory SPS stock fast enough!). How is the H-S Precision conversion kits? I've never seen a rifle with that conversion kit. Will it work my M40 style stock's?

Thanks, NYH1.

Primus Pilum
04-11-16, 14:25
Save yourself the time, hassle and headaches and just buy this:

http://www.kineticresearchgroup.com/index.php/categories/x-ray-chassis You are kinda SOL for the .223 but for the 308 this is perfect.

The upside is if you decide to true/rebarrel down the road, you already have a great chassis to drop into that takes AICS mags. Messing around with inletting stocks, fitting DBM, and bedding is a huge waste of time and money.

Eurodriver
04-11-16, 15:01
Messing around with inletting stocks, fitting DBM, and bedding is a huge waste of time and money.

I have a bedded HS Precision stock with a trued 700 and a Krieger barrel and DBM with AICS magazines and I concur with this statement.

NYH1
04-24-16, 03:58
My Bell & Carlson M40 stocks have the full length aluminum bedding block that extends from the grip to the front swivel stud. They're completely free floating the barrels.

I couldn't be happier with the performance of my two B&C M40 Stocks.

Just looking for a magazine system for them. Nothing super fancy....it just has to work reliable.

Thanks, NYH1.

RetroRevolver77
04-24-16, 16:44
I have a Steyr CL II SX. Aluminum bedding block, open sights, 0 or 20MOA rail, detachable magazine and of course Steyr hammer forged barrel. You can upgrade to the SM12 SX that has a set trigger as well. I looked at building a rifle with a detachable magazine system with custom stock and trigger out of one of my 700 actions and decided the Steyr was a better rifle that costs less. I just need to put an adjustable riser on the buttstock. Otherwise they are good to go out of the box. The Semi-Weight barrel is a slightly more sporterized medium contour barrel.

https://www.steyr-mannlicher.com/en/nocache/products/hunting-rifles-steyr-mannlicher/sm12sx/versions/

NYH1
04-24-16, 18:24
All I'm interested in are detachable magazine setups for my rifles. All set with everything else.

Thanks, NYH1.

MarshallDodge
04-27-16, 13:11
I just put the Magpul setup on one of my rifles. It took some modification to the stock but it feeds so nice compared to the factory internal magazine. I have access to a mill and did the work on that but some have used files and a dremel.

The Magpul accepts AI style mags and there are 223 mags available for that system.