PDA

View Full Version : Drop in trigger assembaly/anti-rotating pins

Gribbs
04-10-16, 17:38
Hey all. I'm looking for a good drop in trigger ass. (single stage) with a 3.5# to 4# pull for my S&W M&P AR15 5.56, and do I need an anti-rotating pin set with a drop in ass? Thanks!

Jpoe88
04-10-16, 18:19
Check out rise armament. 3.5lb single stage drop in around 100 bucks and they do reccomend ainti rotating pins. Check KNS pins for that.

KITTEN_FRENZY
04-10-16, 21:25
You won't need them but it looks cool.

I'd go for a CMC 3.5 flat

ballsagna
04-10-16, 22:55

++
I sure like mine

Sent while driving, so?

Gribbs
04-10-16, 23:01
The rise armament sounds about like what I'm looking for. Already got my KNS pins picked out. 38837

Gribbs
04-10-16, 23:03
Thanks, all!!

GH41
04-11-16, 06:47

Some of the cassette triggers depend on KNS pins to keep them in place. Without them the pins will fall out. Other drop ins (like the Rise mentioned above) use jack screws. These screws push the trigger group upward putting a bind on the pins keeping them in place. With the Rise or any other with jack screws the KNS pins are an insurance policy. In the end you are depending on a number of really small screws to keep the cassette from falling out of your rifle. You are also forced to use multiple tools to remove them in the field if necessary. For these reasons I prefer a trigger with pins held in place as originally designed. By springs engaging grooves in the pins. No tools, no tiny screws and very little chance of failure. All part of the reason I would recommend the OP look at the Wilson TTU. It cost more but you get more.

Jpoe88
04-11-16, 07:28
Some of the cassette triggers depend on KNS pins to keep them in place. Without them the pins will fall out. Other drop ins (like the Rise mentioned above) use jack screws. These screws push the trigger group upward putting a bind on the pins keeping them in place. With the Rise or any other with jack screws the KNS pins are an insurance policy. In the end you are depending on a number of really small screws to keep the cassette from falling out of your rifle. You are also forced to use multiple tools to remove them in the field if necessary. For these reasons I prefer a trigger with pins held in place as originally designed. By springs engaging grooves in the pins. No tools, no tiny screws and very little chance of failure. All part of the reason I would recommend the OP look at the Wilson TTU. It cost more but you get more.

I am not disputing your statement as I am not a Rise fanboi, but price point puts you in a drop in trigger, and they reccommend KNS pons. They do mention not overtightening tho. So again, I am not railing what you said, I wasnt aware of the mechanics inside their cassette

PapaFoxtrot
04-11-16, 08:40
Does anyone know if the AR Gold trigger requires, or benefits from, anti-rotation pins?

JohnsMyName
04-11-16, 09:08
No need for anti rotation pins except to look cool. The LaRue MBT trigger is supposed to be nice for the money (I have no personal experience with one yet) and not at all difficult to install.

Jpoe88
04-11-16, 09:31
No need for anti rotation pins except to look cool.

BINGO!

titsonritz
04-11-16, 14:00
No need for anti rotation pins except to look cool.

Bill Geissele recommends against them on his triggers.

JohnsMyName
04-11-16, 14:35

Very good point, I was going to mention that.

JohnsMyName
04-11-16, 14:52

Very good point, I was going to mention that.

M90A1
04-11-16, 17:56

What does that info have to do with cassette style triggers? Anti-rotation pins are definitely the most secure way to install a cassette style trigger assembly.

GH41
04-11-16, 18:10
What does that info have to do with cassette style triggers? Anti-rotation pins are definitely the most secure way to install a cassette style trigger assembly.

I understand tit's comment but your position doesn't change the fact that the use of anti-rotation pins are a waste of $$$ for a conventional trigger and a crutch to hold in a bargain basement cassette assemblies.

zackmars
04-11-16, 18:41
Any particular reason why you want a cassette trigger? Or is it just because most "improved" single stage triggers are that type?

locofinn
04-11-16, 19:14
I installed a Hogan Gold Standard 4.5# drop in trigger and it came with KNS anti rotation pins so I installed them. Nice trigger at a very good price.

titsonritz
04-11-16, 19:17
Any particular reason why you want a cassette trigger? Or is it just because most "improved" single stage triggers are that type?

I wonder that too. What is the allure of "drop-in" triggers? (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?182828-What-is-the-allure-of-quot-drop-in-quot-triggers&p=2301748#post2301748)

wildcard600
04-11-16, 21:44
I wonder that too. What is the allure of "drop-in" triggers? (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?182828-What-is-the-allure-of-quot-drop-in-quot-triggers&p=2301748#post2301748)

bling

M90A1
04-11-16, 22:01

Simplicity, and the fact that Timney's have worked as well, for me, as any of the multi-piece triggers I've tried, including Geissele's SSA and G2S. Installing a Timney with KNS pins is even easier than Timney's double set screw method. If that's a crutch, as suggested by GH41, so be it - it's a crutch that is perfectly satisfactory.

Gribbs
04-12-16, 21:22
I'm looking to lower the pull weight is all. So I thought I'd ask about drop ins.

SteveS
04-20-16, 20:47
look into the over sized anti rotating pin sets. Gissele pins are over sized.