PDA

View Full Version : Online ammo retailers. Anybody to stay away from?

Mossyoakglock
04-10-16, 21:07
I tested a few different brands of ammo this weekend and found that my gun shoots American Eagle and Remington 55 grain the best. It also shot the American Eagle 62 grain well too. Now I need to find bulk. I'd like to order at least 1,000 rounds. I found places like lucky gunner.com, bulkammo.com, targetsportusa.com and LAX Ammunition.com. LAX has the best prices. Is LAX a good online retailer? Is their stuff factory new?

I'm going to try PMC and see how that shoot soon too.

delcoduc
04-10-16, 21:46
I've only had experience with Lucky Gunner and they might not always have the best prices but they have the best service of any other online retailer in regards to anything. Like its at your door within 3 days every time I've ordered from them. Cannot say enough good things about their customer service.

Jimbeaux82
04-11-16, 04:48
I've had great luck with SGammo and AIM.

Tx_Aggie
04-11-16, 06:15
I've had good luck with TargetSportsUSA

Nightstalker865
04-11-16, 07:49
SGammo is my go to. Good pricing and excellent customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HCrum87hc
04-11-16, 07:51
SGAmmo is my go to. They've been very fast with pretty cheap shipping.

JohnsMyName
04-11-16, 09:18
I've had good luck with TargetSportsUSA

+1 This.

A guy I work with is friends with the owner, supposed to be a good guy. They are local here and very accommodating for pickup at their office (not a retail location).

Also their prices rock!

jstalford
04-11-16, 09:31
Targetsports for me. Although sometimes sgammo has better prices. They go back and forth.

Eurodriver
04-11-16, 10:44
I almost exclusively use sgammo. Williejc put me on to them and they have quality self defense ammo, long range target ammo, and bulk plinking ammo at excellent prices.

Palmetto State Armory has decent prices, but their ship times have always been atrocious for ammo. Like 2+ weeks.

jstalford
04-11-16, 11:02
Yeah I pretty much only buy psa when cbc 77 comes in stock for $29.99

BuzzinSATX
04-11-16, 11:18
I almost exclusively use sgammo. Williejc put me on to them and they have quality self defense ammo, long range target ammo, and bulk plinking ammo at excellent prices.

Palmetto State Armory has decent prices, but their ship times have always been atrocious for ammo. Like 2+ weeks.

Agree with Euro and all SG Ammo fans. Fast shipping, great prices, and selections are usually really good.

The FNG
04-11-16, 15:11
I've dealt with LAX and they're gtg. Bought a few 1000 rnds from them in the past, both reloads and factory new. As far as I can tell, their reloads as good as any other cheap ammo and very reliable. I bought 55gr fmj reloads and 115gr 9mm reloads. No complaints.

ColtSeavers
04-11-16, 15:20
Ammoseek.com is what I shop online with and SGAmmo as well as Palmetto State Armory are almost always where I end up buying from (if not locally).

JohnsMyName
04-11-16, 15:35
Ammoseek.com is what I shop online with and SGAmmo as well as Palmetto State Armory are almost always where I end up buying from (if not locally).

Good point, just shop the best price, done deal.

sevenhelmet
04-11-16, 16:03
I almost never buy ammo locally. Local prices are insanely high here.

Luckygunner, Ammo to go, Sportsmans, AIM Surplus, SGAmmo, and PSA (and others I probably forgot) have all worked out fine for me. Some (AIMsurp and Sportsman's) may ask for ID, which can be a minor extra hassle. Concur on the ship times too- I wouldn't use PSA if you need ammo for this weekend (or next), but their prices are usually reasonable. Ammoseek usually vectors me to the same 5-7 vendors based on price, and one of those I listed is almost always near the top.

Now if I could only find that CBC 77gr 5.56 again...

dlrflyer
04-12-16, 16:27
Interestingly, I bought a case of CCI sv 22lr from PSA on Sunday and got notice of it shipping on Monday.

Bimmer
04-14-16, 13:44
Ammoseek.com is what I shop online with...

+1

Or here:

http://gun-deals.com/list/ammo/.223

Also, if I want something in particular, then simply googling it works. Google "223 American Eagle 55gr 1,000" and see what you get.

sevenhelmet
04-14-16, 16:24
Also gunbot.net

A little spartan, but it works.

Leaveammoforme
04-14-16, 16:50
I buy ammo locally but a co-worker received a smashed batch of Independence from Luckygunner. They put a replacement in the mail the day after he contacted them. That's awesome customer service.

qsy
04-14-16, 21:43
SG Ammo. Price, shipping, inventory, when you look at them all it's hard to beat.

HKGuns
04-14-16, 21:48
SGAmmo here as well.

MegademiC
04-15-16, 09:25
I've used lucky gunner
Sgammo
Bonefrog gun club
Aim
Psa
Jgsales
Ammo to go
And a few others. I've never had a bad experience with any of them.

Ernst
04-15-16, 09:28
After doing a lot of business with a lot of online ammo sellers, I've pretty much settled on SGAmmo for all my ammo needs. They are very fast, very reliable, good prices, and do not stick it to you on shipping, or try some other way to "hide" the shipping costs.

BuzzinSATX
04-15-16, 10:07
After doing a lot of business with a lot of online ammo sellers, I've pretty much settled on SGAmmo for all my ammo needs. They are very fast, very reliable, good prices, and do not stick it to you on shipping, or try some other way to "hide" the shipping costs.

I can tell you I placed a good size order (3 boxes/138 lbs) on Wednesday morning and it's on a truck out for delivery today to my home. For me, the "no taxes" offset delivery and insurance costs.

Jellybean
04-16-16, 11:54
bulkammo.com

Have ordered a few times from them, reliable service, ammo arrived in good condition, seems new, etc...
Will also overbox your ammo for 50 cents or so more, which is nice so all on God's green earth can't see a case of ammo floating through the mail, sitting on your porch, etc..

TacticalSledgehammer
04-20-16, 10:24
I drive over to AIM when I need most stuff. They're only 10 minutes from my house. If they don't have it, I use SGAmmo.

I avoid cheaper than dirt. They like to screw us on every panic or possible panic.