PDA

View Full Version : Devil dog firearms, RIP

JG007
04-11-16, 00:26
See their Facebook page, company is done and owner is apologizing for stolen valor

ColtSeavers
04-11-16, 00:28
See their Facebook page, company is done and owner is apologizing for stolen valor

A link and better synopsis/info would really help this thread.

JG007
04-11-16, 00:35
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=982456695155682&id=210194812381878&comment_id=982588855142466&ref=m_notif&notif_t=feed_comment&actorid=1740225405&notif_id=1460343840058744

Zirk208
04-11-16, 01:10
Never heard of them until I started seeing this across my fb feed. Were they a major player, a gimmick, or an up and coming gun shop?

Kdubya
04-11-16, 01:27
Wow...I'd never heard of them, but this is really disgusting. Profit off of Stolen Valor and when the guy gets caught a handful of Men that actually served get left unemployed in his wake. The best he deserves is a very long prison sentence. If he carried decent business insurance, maybe the employees can file suit and at least receive some sort of restitution for getting taken advantage of?

Either way, as a civilian, I'm ashamed that a fellow citizen would elevate themself on the backs of men and women who fought and died for the freedoms we're afforded. This guy is pathetic. The lowest of the low.

KUSA
04-11-16, 03:37
I'm glad I didn't buy their junk. I'd have to get rid of it.

JohnsMyName
04-11-16, 09:11
I don't understand why so many people think it's OK to fake service. You see it in this industry so often. Don't know much about what transpired prior to the Facebook post, but it was at least a nice apology.

HeruMew
04-11-16, 10:29
I don't understand why so many people think it's OK to fake service. You see it in this industry so often. Don't know much about what transpired prior to the Facebook post, but it was at least a nice apology.

Especially in an industry that would still lift you high for simply employing veterans.

I can see how as a Civilian, you may not have as much reputation. But what happened to making that reputation?

A person could make a great name for themselves, and company. One could be looked at as equally patriotic by helping to make sure our honored troops have a place to fit in, when they return home, through employment.

I come from a lineage of military men. My Grandfather was in Korea, my Uncles in Vietnam, my Father was a serviceman, for the army, whose active duty never left an American base; and a reservist after for years when I was a child.

One of the things my father told me, as I grew up, was not to look at myself and compare what I could be, or had been, in regards to a soldier, but look at what I could be for a soldier and my country.

I didn't really understand, for a long time, what he meant. I thought for awhile he may have meant he didn't think I was cut out to be military, or that maybe he had experienced enough from his older brothers and father to know what could have happened when I reached the age that was old enough to be flown to the Desert.

But, I asked him what he meant when I graduated highschool, back in 2010, why he always said it that way. And if he thought I shouldn't join the military.

He explained to me that his father was who he was because of the military, he told me he was who he was today from the military, and he watched what his brothers were, before and after, they went into service.

That he had the utmost respect for all serviceman, and knew most of the country did too, but also knew there was a large disconnect between the people here at home, and the people that are our soldiers. He watched his brothers die from cancers and old wounds that could have happened overseas, or could have not happened overseas. He's already, to this day, outlived his father and brothers, in age, when they passed. He stressed that we needed people here who could understand from a middle perspective.

I went into the Healthcare Industry, particularly insurance, and one of my biggest goals is tackling the issues our veterans face in regards to medical care and insurance. I may be one man, but one more can make a world of difference.

My younger brother is attending college now with the intentions of joining an Officer's Program. Whether he will, or not, will be up to him. But when it came down to breaking the lineage, my father wanted us to explore more. He didn't want us being tied into the family loop of joining the military, doing your service, and coming home and jumping from job-to-job trying to making a living with the experiences earned in the military.

The only one who didn't do this after active duty, in my family, was my Grandfather, who was able to join the railroad as laborer/track layer when he returned from Korea.

I dunno why this topic made me compelled to rant, or why I followed such a feeling; but, long story short: There is a million ways to be patriotic, support our military, and build a name for ourselves. Stealing from the experience and stories of others is just plain foolish.

A Strong Foundation will support all growth, a Weak Foundation will only provide support until the growth exceeds it's limits. [/turnedupto11] ;)

Eurodriver
04-11-16, 10:36
Haha.

Why would anyone want to fake being a Marine?

It's like the losers who drive around in Crown Vics with yellow "Choose Life" Florida license plates and a fake antenna from Radio Shack.

Do they enjoy having people think they're an unemployed chronic drinker with bad knees?

556BlackRifle
04-11-16, 11:46
There's no shortage of fakers sporting "SF" beards, and tactical pants at the local pistol range. I saw a youngman with all that and an EGA tattoo on his right forearm around the time my son joined the Marines. So I struck up a conversation and asked him about his experiences. It became immediately clear to me that he was full of shit. Then I started taking notice of how many of these assholes I see everywhere.

HeruMew
04-11-16, 11:47
There's no shortage of fakers sporting "SF" beards, and tactical pants at the local pistol range. I saw a youngman with all that and an EGA tattoo on his right forearm around the time my son joined the Marines. So I struck up a conversation and asked him about his experiences. It became immediately clear to me that he was full of shit. Then I started taking notice of how many of these assholes I see everywhere.

It's situations like this that make me hesitant to even get a Sheepdog tattoo, somewhere, someday.

T2C
04-11-16, 12:18

There is no shortage of posers who never made the commitment. There is also no shortage of Veterans who exaggerate their military experience. It is very sad indeed.

Firefly
04-11-16, 16:19
It's like the losers who drive around in Crown Vics with yellow "Choose Life" Florida license plates and a fake antenna from Radio Shack.

I have driven more Crown Vics than a Turkish Taxi Driver and honest to God, you couldn't give me one. Decent enough work car but just too much negative connotation. The dope boys love em because they have the governor removed (but usually Donk them out or repaint them) then there's the guys who shave their heads and all that wearing 5.11 who put on brush guards and repaint them black.

I like my truck. It's paid for. It looks like anything else. It hauls my fat ass. Bleh.

But more on point, I dunno why people do shit like this. Meh screw em

titsonritz
04-11-16, 19:24
Never heard of them.

pointblank4445
04-11-16, 19:31
It's situations like this that make me hesitant to even get a Sheepdog tattoo, somewhere, someday.

Sarcasm?

KingsideRook
04-11-16, 20:02
Never heard of them.

Yeah, same. If my local gun store owner or local nobody AR15-receivers-on-a-variance builder, had done this, I'd go "Hm." and discuss it with fellow gun store customers for about two minutes, maybe. If the head of some big, well-known gun company like Magpul or S&W had done this, I'd surely discuss it here.

I'm not sure this event is not more a case of the former being blown up for over-expanded public consumption. I will never miss these strangers, and if not for this thread, would bet a good $50 bill I never would have heard of them.

Sure I disapprove, it's a cowardly, dishonorable act, and one that shows very poor judgement. I will keep that in mind as I continue to never hear of these folks again. Every second company owner I've known personally, has been entirely full of shit on about three major topics, but I'm unlikely to start threads about them.

Jimbo45
04-11-16, 20:03
As for the beards and EAG tatoos, though.....not that I have either, but a guy is not allowed to have a beard and a tattoo? That makes him a poser? I'm confused. If a guy wants to look a certain way, who cares? Now, if he is profiting or bragging as a result of claiming to have been something he was not, then yes, that person is a first class douche. No doubt.

JSantoro
04-11-16, 20:12
Badness, you're done in this thread. Do not post in it, or anything like the way you posted in this one, again.

cougar_guy04
04-11-16, 20:25
Speaking as a Crown Vic owner (old person version, not cop car version) for 10 years, those a-holes piss me off. Love the cars, hate some of the D-bag owners that go the extra mile to add white/amber LEDs in the grill & rear package tray.

That being said, (1) I'd own another in a heartbeat and (2) there were definitely times I wish I had the bull bar on the thing and the clearance to properly use it.

[/rant]

JG007
04-11-16, 21:06
It's a pretty big deal, they have a lot of ties to some of the biggest names in the firearm industry

Kdubya
04-11-16, 21:14
Badness, you're done in this thread. Do not post in it, or anything like the way you posted in this one, again.

Did he have the comment throwing it back on our service-members? I'm not for removing morons comments often, but his interjection was uncalled for, and I'm glad you guys took it down. It was not the time, nor the place, to level that kind of blanket accusation.

Jpoe88
04-11-16, 21:35

I had no idea what a SF beard was until I got called out in a LGS. My reply was I dont like to shave, what is SF? Quickly the convo died.

titsonritz
04-11-16, 21:47
I had no idea what a SF beard was until I got called out in a LGS. My reply was I dont like to shave, what is SF? Quickly the convo died.

I just tell them, "It's not my fault you're a jealous puss that can't grow a real beard." I don't like to shave either.

Jpoe88
04-11-16, 21:51
I just cant get my wife on board with it though. About the time it looks nice and S-Fie, i gotta trim it down. No matter the beard oil butter or beatings, she wins.

badness
04-11-16, 22:09
Did he have the comment throwing it back on our service-members? I'm not for removing morons comments often, but his interjection was uncalled for, and I'm glad you guys took it down. It was not the time, nor the place, to level that kind of blanket accusation.

No, he didn't have the blanket statement that "threw it back" on our service members.

It's hilarious how you people constantly try to manipulate my words into things that they're not.

Oh and lets not forget titsonritz and EuroDriver's comments taunting me of the fact that they're some of the stalkers i talked about.

titsonritz
04-11-16, 22:15
Oh and lets not forget titsonritz and EuroDriver's comments taunting me of the fact that they're some of the stalkers i talked about.

Leave me out of your delusions.

Jpoe88
04-11-16, 22:16
Leave me out of your delusions.

Sont take the bait.

badness
04-11-16, 22:24

Zirk208
04-11-16, 22:29
Take a deep breath and step back from the keyboard. No one on here knows you from Adam, so leave it at that.

ColtSeavers
04-11-16, 22:53
Someone's gone off the reservation looking for a score to settle with the wrong people. I see a vacation for that someone.

JSantoro
04-11-16, 23:04
Y'all wanna talk about the Devil Dog Firearms schmuck, talk about him, and keep it on that track.

...and if you get told to not post in a thread by a member of the staff, it's not to be interpreted as "....unless you REALLY think you need to..."

titsonritz
04-11-16, 23:07
Someone's gone off the reservation looking for a score to settle with the wrong people. I see a vacation for that someone.

"Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe" :jester:

LowSpeed_HighDrag
04-11-16, 23:09
I heard this tool has an EGA tattoo on his arm! I spent 4 miserable years in the Corps and I don't even have a damn moto tat....

Guys like this should be taken out to the tree line.

titsonritz
04-11-16, 23:12
I heard this tool has an EGA tattoo on his arm! I spent 4 miserable years in the Corps and I don't even have a damn moto tat....

Guys like this should be taken out to the tree line.

I know a former HA that was told straight up "Lose the tat or lose the arm" He lost the tat.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
04-11-16, 23:15
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f198/glockfire/Screen%20Shot%202016-04-11%20at%2010.19.00%20PM_zpsmprrruat.png (http://s47.photobucket.com/user/glockfire/media/Screen%20Shot%202016-04-11%20at%2010.19.00%20PM_zpsmprrruat.png.html)

Gonna. Lose. My. Shit.

crazymjb
04-11-16, 23:35
Especially in an industry that would still lift you high for simply employing veterans.

I can see how as a Civilian, you may not have as much reputation. But what happened to making that reputation?

A person could make a great name for themselves, and company. One could be looked at as equally patriotic by helping to make sure our honored troops have a place to fit in, when they return home, through employment.

I come from a lineage of military men. My Grandfather was in Korea, my Uncles in Vietnam, my Father was a serviceman, for the army, whose active duty never left an American base; and a reservist after for years when I was a child.

One of the things my father told me, as I grew up, was not to look at myself and compare what I could be, or had been, in regards to a soldier, but look at what I could be for a soldier and my country.

I didn't really understand, for a long time, what he meant. I thought for awhile he may have meant he didn't think I was cut out to be military, or that maybe he had experienced enough from his older brothers and father to know what could have happened when I reached the age that was old enough to be flown to the Desert.

But, I asked him what he meant when I graduated highschool, back in 2010, why he always said it that way. And if he thought I shouldn't join the military.

He explained to me that his father was who he was because of the military, he told me he was who he was today from the military, and he watched what his brothers were, before and after, they went into service.

That he had the utmost respect for all serviceman, and knew most of the country did too, but also knew there was a large disconnect between the people here at home, and the people that are our soldiers. He watched his brothers die from cancers and old wounds that could have happened overseas, or could have not happened overseas. He's already, to this day, outlived his father and brothers, in age, when they passed. He stressed that we needed people here who could understand from a middle perspective.

I went into the Healthcare Industry, particularly insurance, and one of my biggest goals is tackling the issues our veterans face in regards to medical care and insurance. I may be one man, but one more can make a world of difference.

My younger brother is attending college now with the intentions of joining an Officer's Program. Whether he will, or not, will be up to him. But when it came down to breaking the lineage, my father wanted us to explore more. He didn't want us being tied into the family loop of joining the military, doing your service, and coming home and jumping from job-to-job trying to making a living with the experiences earned in the military.

The only one who didn't do this after active duty, in my family, was my Grandfather, who was able to join the railroad as laborer/track layer when he returned from Korea.

I dunno why this topic made me compelled to rant, or why I followed such a feeling; but, long story short: There is a million ways to be patriotic, support our military, and build a name for ourselves. Stealing from the experience and stories of others is just plain foolish.

A Strong Foundation will support all growth, a Weak Foundation will only provide support until the growth exceeds it's limits. [/turnedupto11] ;)

I agree with most of what you have said except the tired line of veterans coming back home and being drifters. 11/230 students in my law school class are vets. Thats about a 5x over-representation if my numbers are right. Are some people messed-up or more likely to just be drifters regardless of whether or not they served... sure, but Id suggest in the current climate we do a helluva lot better than our peers on average when it comes to careers and employment.

Not knocking your decision not to serve at all... but I dont think you have all the answers you think you do.

End of my rant, just tired of the old military service = broken and baggage bs... unfortunately perpetuated by some in the vet community.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

titsonritz
04-11-16, 23:36
No idea how to delete that attachment!!!

Try "Edit Post" then "Go Advanced"

:secret:

LowSpeed_HighDrag
04-11-16, 23:37
I agree with most of what you have said except the tired line of veterans coming back home and being drifters. 11/230 students in my law school class are vets. Thats about a 5x over-representation if my numbers are right. Are some people messed-up or more likely to just be drifters regardless of whether or not they served... sure, but Id suggest in the current climate we do a helluva lot better than our peers on average when it comes to careers and employment.

Not knocking your decision not to serve at all... but I dont think you have all the answers you think you do.

Mike

I agree with you. Veterans of my generation have it better than ever before. The benefits and programs are numerous and easily accessed. Veterans today are not John Rambo's, instead many are going on to lead highly successful lives!

Eurodriver
04-12-16, 07:39
I agree with you. Veterans of my generation have it better than ever before. The benefits and programs are numerous and easily accessed. Veterans today are not John Rambo's, instead many are going on to lead highly successful lives!

Eh...sure. There are quite a bit. Usually officers and guys who make it to NCO (specifically E5) have a much higher "success" rate from my limited sample size. I was a finalist as a Pat Tillman Scholar and was interviewed by other Pat Tillman Scholars - guys and ladies who had already won. They were all practicing MDs, attorneys and such but were officers while they were in. On the flip side I have quite a few friends who got out as Lance Corporals (through no fault of their own) and are homeless (literally) or work at gas stations. I think it just depends on if you joined the Marines to have someone take care of you or if you joined to better yourself. For far too many JEWs its the former...

Either way, I don't get the mentality that someone would want to pose as a Marine given all the BS you have to deal with from people. "Did you see any action?" "Did you ever kill anyone?" plus having people think you're a poser. For me its best that nobody knows.

Not to begin a discussion but for the record I have absolutely no idea who badness is. :confused:

HeruMew
04-12-16, 07:53

End of my rant, just tired of the old military service = broken and baggage bs... unfortunately perpetuated by some in the vet community.

Mike

Knowing we have Veterans advancing is a great thing.

I shouldnt have left such a generalized statement, as you're absolutely correct.

Keep in mind, this is only focusing on the "family-loop" my father, and his brothers, were experiencing.

I certainly don't believe that all veterans are doomed to this style of life. Quite contrary to that is reality.

I dont believe service leaves you broken, and all baggage is situational to each person.

Thanks for your insightful reply, nonetheless, it shows that stats certainly are being misrepresented or misinterpreted.

SteyrAUG
04-12-16, 15:32

Could be worse, could have been another politician.

djegators
04-12-16, 15:41
Either way, I don't get the mentality that someone would want to pose as a Marine given all the BS you have to deal with from people. "Did you see any action?" "Did you ever kill anyone?" plus having people think you're a poser. For me its best that nobody knows.

Well, I don't think it has anything to do with wanting to a Marine, it was all an extensive marketing campaign. I guess to some degree it worked as they grew pretty fast and some serious people involved with them, and some name shooters, etc. It is really about not wanting to do the hard work to build a business from nothing, and making a short cut out of the "veteran owned business" status, and co-opting the Marine nick name of "Devil Dog". At the very least he thought Devil Dog would make a cool name, and realized would be hard to pull it off if you were not actually one.

PS: I'll have fun talking to my Marine son about this one next time he comes home.

Averageman
04-12-16, 22:05
You know at some point regardless of what you are selling or producing or manufacturing you have to ask yourself "What is my connection with my Product?".
It's pretty simple to just say "I wanted to make the best ___ in the Market, I wanted to lift the bar and move the entire industry forward. I am sure if that is your intent and it is truly heartfelt, you can do it regardless of your previous employment.
The second question you ask is "What is my connection with my Consumer."
I recently changed Departments, my new Boss and I had a long discussion this morning about some technical data related to equipment we are working on. I asked him,"Have you ever seen this?" immediately he asked "did you go to this school and did you know this guy?" I know the guy, served with him for five years and ate dinner at his Mothers dinner table at Thanksgiving.
Now I knew a few parts of that puzzle before I applied for the Department I'm now working at, but the point in this mess is, I didn't need to name drop, school drop or ask for a favor, play the Vet card, the MOS card or tell him we ate at the same Mess Hall in 1984.
I applied for and got the job in that department based on what I had achieved long before the opening there ever existed. I just validated his decision.
When you have the best product for your consumer, they need only to see they made the right decision based on the results of your product.
The background of your knowledge and keys to your success need only to be made evident once they wonder HITF you got so damned smart.
I can assure you, had I played "that card" or bullshitted the guy, I would have never got hired.
So Why Lie?