PDA

View Full Version : MARSOC Glock 19?

ContractSoldier
04-11-16, 19:45
Does anyone know which Glock 19 generation has been approved by MARSOC?

From the picture below, it appears like the Gen 4. You can somewhat make out the unique receiver stamping on the Gen 4's, but it's to be certain.

http://rifleshooter.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/140909-M-FO813-013.jpg

For you current Glock 19 Gen 3 and Gen 4 owners, what do you make of this whole erratic ejection issue. You know where some Glock owner's complained of getting erratic ejections and malfunctions between 500 and 1000 rounds. Does this appear to be a problem with Glocks leaving the factory within the last year?

samuse
04-11-16, 21:08
Pretty sure they're all made in USA Gen3s with night sights and the QR code etched on the bottom of the trigger guard.

WatchTheWorldBern
04-11-16, 21:29
Isn't that a 17?

call_me_ski
04-11-16, 21:47
Gen 3 Glock 19.

quackhead
04-12-16, 00:19
G19 Gen 3s are what's issued to SOF

Uprange41
04-12-16, 00:31
Isn't that a 17?

It is.

TheChunkNorris
04-12-16, 01:36
I've only seen them use Gen 3's.

BooneGA
04-12-16, 04:29
Glock 17s and 26s are still around with SOF, however the vast majority are 19s. There are 22/23s out there too, some with 9mm caliber conversions.

Just because a guy is wearing MARPAT and holding a Glock doesn't make him MARSOC.

Eurodriver
04-12-16, 07:10
I want the best for those hard charging DDs, but part of the allure of Glocks for me was the fact that the fanboy douchebags avoided them for things like Sig.

In short, why does it matter what gun he is shooting?

ContractSoldier
04-12-16, 07:38
I want the best for those hard charging DDs, but part of the allure of Glocks for me was the fact that the fanboy douchebags avoided them for things like Sig.

I couldn't agree with you more about the Glock fanboys and I'm not one of them. I like all guns. But I do like to keep up with who is using what. It intrigues me.

So just so I'm correct in my understanding here, only Glock 19 Gen 3's in MARSOC and no Glock 19 Gen 4's?

Eurodriver
04-12-16, 07:48
I couldn't agree with you more about the Glock fanboys and I'm not one of them. I like all guns. But I do like to keep up with who is using what. It intrigues me.

No worries, hope it didn't come off that way. I was at the range a few weeks ago and saw a bunch of tools with their new G19 yelling about how they never really wanted to get a Glock but now they have to do it because if the SEALs are using them they're obviously the best pistol ever. :rolleyes:

MegademiC
04-12-16, 08:28
I don't know, but... that recoil control... or lack thereof.

tacticaldesire
04-12-16, 09:21
Gen 3 Glock 19s. No Gen 4s

26 Inf
04-12-16, 09:41
Glock 17s and 26s are still around with SOF, however the vast majority are 19s. There are 22/23s out there too, some with 9mm caliber conversions.

Just because a guy is wearing MARPAT and holding a Glock doesn't make him MARSOC.

I'd hope that MARSOC guys have more time behind the gun than he evidences. It's a 9mm, it shouldn't have moved off his sight axis.

AKDoug
04-12-16, 09:49

Have someone take a slow motion video of you shooting... you'd be surprised.

titsonritz
04-12-16, 11:47
From the picture below, it appears like the Gen 4. You can somewhat make out the unique receiver stamping on the Gen 4's, but it's to be certain.

I can't answer what MARSOC is using but the dude in that photo is definitely shooting a 4th Gen, if you zoom in on the muzzle you will see the enlarged diameter recoil guide rod assembly.

MegademiC
04-12-16, 12:52
Have someone take a slow motion video of you shooting... you'd be surprised.

Only reason I posted that was because I was suprised, I would have thought I'd see less muzzle rise from spec ops guys. That said, we don't know how much training he's had, or what kind of shooting he was doing, so I guess you can't go off 1 pic.

I can't tell what gen, but I thought they got gen3s.

That said, I do slow mo all the time. It's really helped my shooting. 2nd pic is full recoil and I'm weak:

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh63/vinnyraf870/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2016-04-12-13-57-35_zpsft3t46rf.png (http://s253.photobucket.com/user/vinnyraf870/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2016-04-12-13-57-35_zpsft3t46rf.png.html)

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh63/vinnyraf870/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2016-04-12-13-57-29_zpswydmjw08.png (http://s253.photobucket.com/user/vinnyraf870/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2016-04-12-13-57-29_zpswydmjw08.png.html)

noonesshowmonkey
04-12-16, 13:58
I'd hope that MARSOC guys have more time behind the gun than he evidences. It's a 9mm, it shouldn't have moved off his sight axis.

Depending on what I am doing when shooting, I'll have much larger muzzle rise between shots. If, for example, I am focused on a clear front sight, or a clean, directly-rearward trigger press, I may be experience more severe recoil from a loose grip and loose wrists. My shot cadence is likely far slower, and I am interested in fine tuning a single part of the shooting cycle while preserving accuracy.

If I am instead driving the gun and pounding shots onto the target, combining all of the fundamentals, the pistol rides much flatter.

Firefly
04-12-16, 16:16
If I had bill gates,money I'd buy out Hi Point. Then get appointed head of JSOC by the War Department and have Seal Team 6 be seen using Hi Points in action. Like daring raids and whatnot.

Then I'd watch the internet meltdown.

ETA before anyone pisses and moans, I know full well it is Dept of Defense. But War Dept sounded cooler

HeruMew
04-12-16, 16:32
If I had bill gates,money I'd buy out Hi Point. Then get appointed head of JSOC by the War Department and have Seal Team 6 be seen using Hi Points in action. Like daring raids and whatnot.

Then I'd watch the internet meltdown.

ETA before anyone pisses and moans, I know full well it is Dept of Defense. But War Dept sounded cooler

A meltdown? It would be a full Nuclear Overload.

I think that would, just about, break the internet gun community.

The series of tubes can't handle that kind of pressure!

On a serious note, I think it's awesome they're incorporating more and more glocks. Not that anything prior is more, or less, reliable (I won't touch that debate). I just think it's good to see them exploring other equipment options.

ETA: You could even choose the JCP .40; Big 'ol brick compared to the .380c or C-9. That would really drive it home.

Firefly
04-12-16, 16:40
On a serious note, there are guns I enjoy way more than a Glock. That feel nicer. That play to my masculine instincts (S&W 629 being one).

But Glocks are just more handy.

It's just a pistol. It's not a big deal.

Zirk208
04-12-16, 21:41

Someday I hope the internet judges me for all the thousands of rounds that I have shot...by one random pic.

Firefly
04-12-16, 21:54
Someday I hope the internet judges me for all the thousands of rounds that I have shot...by one random pic.

The internet judges harshly. You could be buck rogers era Erin Grey and have a bad angle one time that's a anyone sees.

He was in training or being instructed. I'd sooner him goof there than in the shit surrounded by Charlie/Hajji/whoever

El Cid
04-12-16, 21:56

We have no context to the photo. When I shoot a bullseye COF I grip less than normal and allow the gun to rise more. We also have no idea what ammo he is using. Could be NATO which runs hot or custom hand loads that have a kick. Hell as was pointed out he may not even be a Marine. He could be shooting some stout 357 Sig loads.

Eurodriver
04-13-16, 06:07
Is anyone spending their time critiquing this dude's "technique" a BTDT type?

My guess is no. Because BTDT guys know there is a hell of a lot more to face shooting than controlling muzzle climb.
Let's talk about these guys instead.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/80d4b24893e0802cb6b34d53f6daedd63acbdda8/c=53-0-2444-1798&r=x408&c=540x405/local/-/media/2015/02/17/GGM/MarineCorpsTimes/635597725902987917-43385.jpg

Or we can talk about that DD with his hands in his pockets. Where's a POG Gunny when you need one?!?!

MegademiC
04-13-16, 08:25
We have no context to the photo. When I shoot a bullseye COF I grip less than normal and allow the gun to rise more. We also have no idea what ammo he is using. Could be NATO which runs hot or custom hand loads that have a kick. Hell as was pointed out he may not even be a Marine. He could be shooting some stout 357 Sig loads.

I admitted it's a snapshot in time in my second post.

That said, there are 2 pieces of brass in the air, but I admit we don't know much at all about what we're looking at.

El Cid
04-13-16, 11:41
I admitted it's a snapshot in time in my second post.

That said, there are 2 pieces of brass in the air, but I admit we don't know much at all about what we're looking at.

Is there a second photo? I only see one empty casing. My eyes do play tricks on me sometimes though. Lol!

MegademiC
04-13-16, 13:12
Is there a second photo? I only see one empty casing. My eyes do play tricks on me sometimes though. Lol!

Look at his trigger finger. It's covering his fingernail.

26 Inf
04-13-16, 14:00
Is anyone spending their time critiquing this dude's "technique" a BTDT type?

My guess is no. Because BTDT guys know there is a hell of a lot more to face shooting than controlling muzzle climb.

Yeah, because everybody knows if you are a BTDT face shooter, you'll only need one shot and it's okay to let muzzle, fvck, whole gun rise, block your view of the bad guy, follow through, I don't need no fricking follow through, Roy Rogers here I come.

Let's talk about these guys instead.

Well the first four may have screwed up stances but I think their grips are better.

Or we can talk about that DD with his hands in his pockets. Where's a POG Gunny when you need one?!?!

Teaching Marines to shoot pistol? Which I did for two years, then I got out and learned how to shoot, just saying, not hating.

Eurodriver
04-13-16, 14:39
Teaching Marines to shoot pistol? Which I did for two years, then I got out and learned how to shoot, just saying, not hating.

I've got the 0933/8531 MOS too bro. Wanna see the cert? 3rd award pistol expert too. What is your point and why are you so upset?

I'm just saying - let's try to stick to whatever the hell the point of this thread is instead of critiquing one dude's still from a shot on a square range. It makes everyone sound like a bunch of MMQB douchebags.

steyrman13
04-13-16, 15:23
Look at his trigger finger. It's covering his fingernail.

Look closer. I'm pretty sure that's his glove not a piece of brass

26 Inf
04-13-16, 16:28
I've got the 0933/8531 MOS too bro. Wanna see the cert? 3rd award pistol expert too. What is your point and why are you so upset?

Did those MOS's exist in the first half of the 70's?

You need to read these together: Q: Where's a POG Gunny when you need one?!?! A: Teaching Marines to shoot pistol?

I thought I was a hotshot too, sported matching badges, ran ranges, yadayadayada, then I got out and learned how to pistol shoot. The Marines generally didn't teach pistol shooting worth a damn.

Hey, the guy's form wasn't good, you threw out the 'BTDT guys' thing like that is the holy grail for judging and performing pistol craft - not so.

titsonritz
04-13-16, 16:40

That is what I see as well, one piece of brass.

Firefly
04-13-16, 19:09
In all fairness they aren't practicing to be IPSC Grandmasters.

If they are to the point of pistols as opposed a rifle, then something went wrong somewhere.

Most of these shots will be at room distance at most, probably more like contact shooting if anything.

Achmed won't know the difference

TomBowie
04-13-16, 19:28
Deleted

Big A
04-13-16, 20:47
Jesus Christ, what the hell is happening to this place?

MegademiC
04-13-16, 21:39

I agree, now that I REALLY look at it, it's the glove. Damn, did not mean to contribute to massive derail. I'm out of this one due to the purpose of the thread.

RHINOWSO
04-13-16, 22:08
Jesus Christ, what the hell is happening to this place?

Yeah, I agree. Maybe some other place purged? IDK.

Eurodriver
04-14-16, 08:47
Hey, the guy's form wasn't good, you threw out the 'BTDT guys' thing like that is the holy grail for judging and performing pistol craft - not so.

Ahh, that explains it. You misunderstood me, and I misunderstood you.

My point was that BTDT guys are generally less interested in "fundamentals" of shooting as there are much more pertinent aspects of combat than split times and muzzle control. Now I see why you brought up your creds in the USMC; I agree wholeheartedly that the USMC does not teach pistol shooting as well as vetted civilian instructors. However, the only time I ever saw an M9 being fired at a bad guy was by a salty Sgt in OIF who was literally laying on his side shooting blindly over a concrete wall. In short, you only have 168 hours a week to train people and things like CLS, IED ID/response, Call for fire, and of course primary firearm training (M4/M16) have way higher priority than training for a sidearm that most Marines haven't even held until they've hit their 4yr mark.

Oddly enough, that same guy was my instructor when I went through coaches course and I would constantly ask "Are you sure I'm not supposed to be holding it like this?" as I closed my eyes and raised the gun up sideways :sarcastic:

With that said, and this is no longer directed at you, I fail to comprehend how some people who have never had to lace up a boot lace can sit behind a computer critiquing the hell out of a Marine from a single image when the art of combat is perfected by things much more significant than muzzle control of a sidearm.

R0N
04-14-16, 09:46
All I saw at Stonebay a few months back were Gen 3s. But Glocks have been bought for other functions in the Marine Corps to include training

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MegademiC
04-14-16, 11:51
Pm sent.

Eurodriver
04-14-16, 12:00
Just to clarify I wasn't calling anyone out specifically - just the overall direction of the thread. There are a lot of "M4C regulars" in here and I hold no beef with anyone ;)

brianc142
04-14-16, 12:26

^This. It blows my mind how many fanboys are all of sudden Glock fans. You couldn't pry that Sig from their cold dead hands a few months ago.

jpmuscle
04-14-16, 12:55
The internet is a serious place

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

WickedWillis
04-14-16, 13:44
Howdy,

I had better recoil while I was a sniper, but I was issued another handgun.

Thanks

WickedWillis
04-14-16, 13:46
^This. It blows my mind how many fanboys are all of sudden Glock fans. You couldn't pry that Sig from their cold dead hands a few months ago.

It's really bad I agree. I have heard what Euro said on local forms quite a bit around here. Guys that swore off Glock are now getting Glock tats, so stupid lol

Linebacker
04-14-16, 15:30
It's really bad I agree. I have heard what Euro said on local forms quite a bit around here. Guys that swore off Glock are now getting Glock tats, so stupid lol

Resistance is futile. Count me as another convert. :-)

RHINOWSO
04-14-16, 17:47
Funny how much others choices affect unaffected people.

Something I have a hard time understanding.

El Cid
04-14-16, 19:47
Funny how much others choices affect unaffected people.

Something I have a hard time understanding.

Well it's easy. These are people who have nothing in common with SEALs or any other SOF unit members. That's why everyone markets their gun/knife/gym equipment/etc. as being used/approved/designed by members of unit XYZ. Most people have no ability to connect with anything high speed. But they can buy the same pistol they use and feel somehow special.

Eurodriver
04-14-16, 19:53
Howdy,

I had better recoil while I was a sniper, but I was issued another handgun.

Thanks

Am I the only one that caught this? :D

SeriousStudent
04-14-16, 20:09

No, you were not. And the aforementioned person will not be returning.

Evar.

titsonritz
04-15-16, 00:55

How could you be? Good riddance to Howdy Doody.

Koshinn
04-15-16, 01:03
I dont understand what just happened wrt the last few posts.

More on topic, what happened to the marsoc m45?

R0N
04-15-16, 07:11

More on topic, what happened to the marsoc m45?

M45s were the PWS guns being withdrawn from service. The M45A1s were the Colt/COTS guns that procured under the premise that 1) heavy influence of Force Marines in the upper echelon of MARSOC 2) this attempt would succeed in fielding since the previous several attempts failed 3) GWOT money was drying up so if they did not procure a new 1911 now it would never happen 4) we had 50k Wilson mags and soft gear for 1911s already (turned out to be false really) so a 1911 would save other procurement costs

In the end the desire for Glocks that had been used for a while was bubbling up from the more junior CSOs so even after the high cost of getting M45A1 and the inability to see a way for buying Glocks justifying the procurement of 1911 we ended up buying Glocks

WillBrink
04-15-16, 09:44
I have to admit that after NSW adopted the 19, I decided to take another look at one via at the range with buddy who had one. Some how, the ergos, trigger, etc didn't change for me after it was adopted by NSW. I suspect it's still the same after MARSOC. I still didn't prefer it over the VP9 or M&P. I have no doubt the 19 will serve NSW, MARSOC, etc well, and is an excellent choice for many due to it's many strengths of the design. I don't blame people for wanting to own a pistol vetted and adopted by some of the highest level combat shooters in the US arsenal and don't think people should be too hard on those who do, at least in this case.

Glock fan boys are still a PITA though. :cool:

WickedWillis
04-15-16, 10:34
I have to admit that after NSW adopted the 19, I decided to take another look at one via at the range with buddy who had one. Some how, the ergos, trigger, etc didn't change for me after it was adopted by NSW. I suspect it's still the same after MARSOC. I still didn't prefer it over the VP9 or M&P. I have no doubt the 19 will serve NSW, MARSOC, etc well, and is an excellent choice for many due to it's many strengths of the design. I don't blame people for wanting to own a pistol vetted and adopted by some of the highest level combat shooters in the US arsenal and don't think people should be too hard on those who do, at least in this case.

That's because you are doing this right and you actually know what you prefer when it comes to handguns. I know several guys personally who dismiss Glocks, that have never actually shot them. I love my Glock handguns, but there are several companies that make a better version of it. I am just so invested in magazines and spare parts at this point that it would be a bad financial decision for me to go hard at another manufacturer. ALL fanboys are the worst though lol

Ernst
04-15-16, 10:35
I always recommend that people considering a handgun start first by trying out a Glock 19. I think it is the best all-round choice available, at a decent price, reliable, plenty accurate for self defense, etc.

It is good to know that MARSOC is moving away from those jammo-matic wonder-Colt 1911s we were hearing all about a couple years ago.

titsonritz
04-15-16, 13:35

Check your PM

WillBrink
04-15-16, 14:07
I always recommend that people considering a handgun start first by trying out a Glock 19. I think it is the best all-round choice available, at a decent price, reliable, plenty accurate for self defense, etc.

It is good to know that MARSOC is moving away from those jammo-matic wonder-Colt 1911s we were hearing all about a couple years ago.

I recommend people try the major brands known to be GTG and see what they like. I can't see how anyone could go wrong with the 19 per se, but I also want to make sure people don't drink the Glock Koolaid and fail to realize there's other excellent choices they may find more to their liking and fits their needs.

I suspect the change from the excellent Colt 1911 to the 19 due to considerable costs and logistics related issues, vs reliability. The MARSOC Colt was by all accounts a first rate combat handgun as a Colt 1911 that's been maintained by competent armourer should be. Where did you get the impression it was a "jammo-matic wonder"? Maybe I missed the memo?

If anyone has an extra 'jammo-matic wonder" Colt MARSOC they don't want, by all means send it to me.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/files/2014/02/colt_m45a1_cqbp_marine_pistol_F.jpg

Ernst
04-15-16, 14:13
Where did you get the impression it was a "jammo-matic wonder"? Maybe I missed the memo?

Was speaking to a guy who just got out of the CORPS and his last six years was with MARSOC. He opened up on the 1911 and said how his unit was issued them and had nothing but problems, with a whole host of pesky mechanical malfunctions. They jumped all over the Glock 19 when they were given a chance. He said the US Marine Corps threw a lot of money at those Colts, but now many are collecting dust (no pun in intended).

WillBrink
04-15-16, 14:22
Was speaking to a guy who just got out of the CORPS and his last six years was with MARSOC. He opened up on the 1911 and said how his unit was issued them and had nothing but problems, with a whole host of pesky mechanical malfunctions. They jumped all over the Glock 19 when they were given a chance. He said the US Marine Corps threw a lot of money at those Colts, but now many are collecting dust (no pun in intended).

Interesting. I had not heard of such issues, but I can't say I have spoken to any MARSOC types directly about it to get their feedback as you did. If a gun issued in such quantities to a unit is highly problematic, you tend to hear about it.

Detmongo
04-15-16, 15:03
did alittle shooting with MARSCO back in Sept. the all had gen3 G19. They said the 1911 were alittle finiky, plus they like the weight saving with the 19's.

The_Watcher
04-15-16, 21:36

Well- The 19 was vetted decades before the navy picked up on it.

The_Watcher
04-15-16, 21:53
That's because you are doing this right and you actually know what you prefer when it comes to handguns. I know several guys personally who dismiss Glocks, that have never actually shot them. I love my Glock handguns, but there are several companies that make a better version of it. I am just so invested in magazines and spare parts at this point that it would be a bad financial decision for me to go hard at another manufacturer. ALL fanboys are the worst though lol

Raises Hand***NOT A GLOCK FANBOY***

Serious question because I have been on the hunt for over 10 years- who makes a better version of the Glock 19?

S. Kelly
04-15-16, 22:54
I picked the G19 years ago, way before MARSOC made it kool, because that's what the dept issued at the time. It is still the best all around gun out there, I've got too many to count in the safe,and I'm a huge fan. Good move USMC.

Ice_Pick
04-16-16, 01:36
Raises Hand***NOT A GLOCK FANBOY***

Serious question because I have been on the hunt for over 10 years- who makes a better version of the Glock 19?
HK - VP9 (my personal choice)
Walther - PPQ

Honorable mention -
Sig P320
S&W M&P

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

tanktop
04-16-16, 01:50
Walther - PPQ

Honorable mention -
Sig P320
S&W M&P

Except all of those are very high bore axis pistols, something that sets the Glock apart from those. If you had mentioned S&P 9 I would be tracking, not that it matters that much in 9mm but 40 & 45 is another story.

Koshinn
04-16-16, 02:14
Except all of those are very high bore axis pistols, something that sets the Glock apart from those. If you had mentioned S&P 9 I would be tracking, not that it matters that much in 9mm but 40 & 45 is another story.

I think bore axis is a way overblown issue.

Mjolnir
04-16-16, 06:55
Does anyone know which Glock 19 generation has been approved by MARSOC?

For you current Glock 19 Gen 3 and Gen 4 owners, what do you make of this whole erratic ejection issue. You know where some Glock owner's complained of getting erratic ejections and malfunctions between 500 and 1000 rounds. Does this appear to be a problem with Glocks leaving the factory within the last year?

Apex Taxtical Failure Resistant Extractor assembly solves the problem for most.

I hear, but have not experienced, the White Sound HRED solves the issue on some pistols, too, but you're still left with the shitty MIM extractor. Maybe they've improved their extractors and the HRED is sufficient.

I still like CNC AISI4140 that has been Melonited but I also like 1911s and Porsche 997 GT3s so...

Mjolnir
04-16-16, 07:00
I... but part of the allure of Glocks for me was the fact that the fanboy douchebags avoided them for things like SIG.

You're making a joke, right?

GlockTalk and Sig Forum BOTH have their share just like HKPro.

It's sickening, really.

Mjolnir
04-16-16, 07:09
Interesting. I had not heard of such issues, but I can't say I have spoken to any MARSOC types directly about it to get their feedback as you did. If a gun issued in such quantities to a unit is highly problematic, you tend to hear about it.

But I/we had heard about the test results of that pistol. It was enough for me to pass...

The_Watcher
04-16-16, 07:25
Walther - PPQ

Honorable mention -
Sig P320
S&W M&P

Not size comparable really- they are longer in grip length- like G17 longer. That don't work. The P320 has the compact frame but is still not the same astute G19. Also mags are pushing $30 for the P320.

I played with the VP9 for 6months. Just too big for my purpose. The SK offerings are too small for me too.

Thank goodness we have so many choices to fit our personal preferences!

Ideally I want a Glock 19 with a PPQ trigger and a VP9 grip feel but maintaining the G19 size. Perfect for me.

Eurodriver
04-16-16, 07:27
You're making a joke, right?

GlockTalk and Sig Forum BOTH have their share just like HKPro.

It's sickening, really.

No one on GlockTalk is using the line "The Navy SEALs/MARSOC uses Glock 19s" as justification for why they own their shit. Well at least they weren't...

I wasn't saying the brand doesn't have its fair share of retarded fanboys. How could you possibly miss that?

WillBrink
04-16-16, 08:30
Walther - PPQ

Honorable mention -
Sig P320
S&W M&P

Agreed and ditto.

MountainRaven
04-16-16, 11:24
Walther - PPQ

Honorable mention -
Sig P320
S&W M&P

With the possible exception of the P320, all of those pistols are the size of Glock 17s, not 19s.

OhioFinance
04-16-16, 13:08
With the possible exception of the P320, all of those pistols are the size of Glock 17s, not 19s.

And the P320C is the exact same size as the PPQ.

AKDoug
04-16-16, 16:26
I carry a Glock 19 because Eurodriver uses one...not because MARSOC and NSW use them ;) In all seriousness, I wasn't a big Glock fan but I gave one a try because of many people's insistence that a G19 was the perfect carry pistol. After 2 years of carrying mine, I tend to agree.

Talking about fanboys... nothing is more annoying than a 1911 fanboy that's never shot one piece of tactical tupperware in his life.

Wiggity
04-16-16, 18:14
Is there such thing as an anti-fanboy fanboy?

tanktop
04-16-16, 18:27
Is there such thing as an anti-fanboy fanboy?

It's actually a growing movement

WillBrink
04-16-16, 18:46
I carry a Glock 19 because Eurodriver uses one...not because MARSOC and NSW use them ;) In all seriousness, I wasn't a big Glock fan but I gave one a try because of many people's insistence that a G19 was the perfect carry pistol. After 2 years of carrying mine, I tend to agree.

Well that's the final straw, I dislike the ergos, the trigger, and the sites, but NSW, MARSOC, and Eurodriver, well sir, I'm gonna get me one!

Hot Sauce
04-17-16, 12:31
Also mags are pushing $30 for the P320.

Is that a legitimate gripe against a pistol in your eyes? Besides for Glock factory mags, which are a few dollars cheaper, that is in line with or less than what a lot of pistol magazines cost.

RHINOWSO
04-18-16, 13:27
Is that a legitimate gripe against a pistol in your eyes? Besides for Glock factory mags, which are a few dollars cheaper, that is in line with or less than what a lot of pistol magazines cost.
For a shooter, yes magazine cost is a consideration - but not typically an overwhelming one IMO.

WickedWillis
04-18-16, 14:27
Walther - PPQ

Honorable mention -
Sig P320
S&W M&P

The VP9 is still Glock 17 sized with 19 size capacity. The Walther is close, and so is the 320. NOT the M&P.

The_Watcher
04-18-16, 21:49

If it was the ONLY gripe- it's not a gripe. Hell- I have a LOT of HK45 mags-