PDA

View Full Version : Stock Under $100

Dynasty
04-11-16, 20:52
What is your preferred stock under $100?

I'm looking to replace my Magpul MOE that came on my Colt LE6920 Magpul edition. I would like more of a cheek weld as well as no side to side and front to back wobble and play.

Kain
04-11-16, 21:02
BCM gunfighter, B5 Bravo, Magpul STR are the first three that pop to mind for under the $100 limit Looking around the EE you might find others that are normally more than the $100 limit for less lightly used. I know I saw a B5 Sop mod for like $70 recently used.

rattlesnake
04-11-16, 21:03
Kinda hate to post this on this site, but the UTG pro model 4 S1 would fit the bill.

masenomics
04-11-16, 21:12
I would look into the new magpul MOE SL-S, as the MOE SL has absolutely no wobble, and the new SL-S will give more cheek weld and have storage.

titsonritz
04-11-16, 21:17
Some of your options:

Magpul STR, ACS, ACS-L, (SL-S when it comes out)
B5 Bravo or Sopmod
The new BCM Gunfighter when it comes out.
Vltor IMOD (the EMOD is just over $100)

I like my STR for an enlarged cheekweld type stock but it is not a lightweight stock. I use the BCM GF for a slim lightweight stock.

Jpoe88
04-11-16, 21:18
If you can find a 1st gen sopmod, thats my vote. They have a very tight fit and can be had under 100 most of the time.

w3453l
04-11-16, 21:29
I would get the MOE-SL. Mine has absolutely no wobble; it's tight at first but it's broken in now. The cheek weld on it is just right in my opinion. The SL-S will have more, but it will also cost more and weigh a little bit more.

I finally tried my SL-K stock. My first impression was that I liked the normal SL better. But after a little time I found that I actually liked the SL-K better. My only complaint with the SL-K is that mine does have a little play. It's not the worst I've seen, but it is annoying. I wish Magpul bumped the price up and gave it the spring leaf feature that the larger SL's have.

bad aim
04-11-16, 21:30
B5 Sopmod...all the features of LMT's without the price.

Jpoe88
04-11-16, 21:32
B5 Sopmod...all the features of LMT's without the price.

There we go. Either of the b5 offerings is good.

titsonritz
04-11-16, 21:38
Kinda hate to post this on this site, but the UTG pro model 4 S1 would fit the bill.

Yeah you probably should just slit your wrists. Actually their PRO series of product looks to be an improvement over their usual garbage.

badness
04-11-16, 22:12
BCM Mod 0

I also want to try the magpul moe sl-k

Jpoe88
04-11-16, 22:14
Yeah you probably should just slit your wrists. Actually their PRO series of product looks to be an improvement over their usual garbage.

Alright now, it is made in the USA. My DPMS has a utg pro super slim. Feels decent. Wouldnt takenit to war, but I digress, the previous owner put it on there and I am not that interested in the rifle ATM.

titsonritz
04-11-16, 22:21
BCM Mod 0

I also want to try the magpul moe sl-k

OP sounds like he his looking for something with more of a cheek weld.

Zirk208
04-11-16, 22:22
B5 SOPMOD
Magpul STR

556BlackRifle
04-12-16, 00:25
The B5 Enhanced SOPMOD is an outstanding stock.

G&R has em for $95 (http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=SOPM&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3D%26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html%26category%3DB5SY)

Uprange41
04-12-16, 00:34
BCM Mod 0.

If I could design a stock, it would look like the Mod 0.

b2dap1
04-12-16, 05:35
Magpul STR or VLTOR IMOD. 2 of the best cheek welds in the business.

MeanCarbine
04-12-16, 06:03
I can't speak for the B5 Systems Enhanced SOPMOD (storage), but I have a B5 Bravo SOPMOD and it has a little wobble. Very nice otherwise.

praythenspray
04-12-16, 07:14
Gonna mirror the replies here. After trying MANY stocks, I have settled on the Bravo Gunfighter mod 0. It is my favorite by far.

The Magpul SL stock is great as well. Zero wobble/wiggle on my A5 tube.

However, if cheek weld is what you are looking for try out a Magpul STR,ACS or ACS-L. They all have the friction lock so it eliminates a lot of the side wiggle. You can narrow it down further if you think you need/want the extra storage space. If you don't then STR. If you would rather have it or could use it then ACS or ACS-L.

MegademiC
04-12-16, 08:15
I love my b5 bravo, lwrc stock looks nice too.

I like the cheek weld, good compromise of repeatability and comfort without bulk
I like the butt pad. Not too sticky, not curved, and thin. I hate the wide face of m4 stocks.
I like magpul pads too, though.

26 Inf
04-12-16, 09:37
I like the Ti-7 by EXOS. It is well under a hundred, locks up tight and is comfortable to shoot with. Nicely executed recoil pad, ambi QD slots, battery/paperwork storage, whats not to like.

http://exosdefense.com/products/stocks/ti-7/ti-7-buttstock-milspec-od.html?cjm_useimages=Yes&color=OD+Green&tube_size=Milspec

plus you can add a way cool accuracy support (I haven't felt the need to):

http://exosdefense.com/products/stocks/accuracy-stock-support-3/accuracy-stock-support.html

Dynasty
04-12-16, 20:50
Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Quick question - is the only difference between the B5 SOPMOD and the B5 SOPMOD Enhanced is that the Enhanced version has the storage tube compartments?

titsonritz
04-12-16, 21:25
Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Quick question - is the only difference between the B5 SOPMOD and the B5 SOPMOD Enhanced is that the Enhanced version has the storage tube compartments?

The Enhanced SOPMOD is the same thing as the LMT SOPMOD just made by B5 with the battery compartments and the Bravo SOPMOD does not have the compartment and the cheek well is smaller, it weights less and the back of the butt is slightly angled.

556BlackRifle
04-13-16, 00:36
The Enhanced SOPMOD is the same thing as the LMT SOPMOD just made by B5 with the battery compartments and the Bravo SOPMOD does not have the compartment and the cheek well is smaller, it weights less and the back of the butt is slightly angled.

The cheek weld is the main reason I prefer the Enhanced SOPMOD over the SOPMOD Bravo. I guess the tubes are nice to have too however, I don't use them.

titsonritz
04-13-16, 01:02
The cheek weld is the main reason I prefer the Enhanced SOPMOD over the SOPMOD Bravo. I guess the tubes are nice to have too however, I don't use them.

Same deal with my STR.

TMS951
04-13-16, 08:42
My tow favourites after trying 6 or 7 stocks over time are the

Magpul SL and B5 Sopmod. Both under 100$, both have good cheek weld (better on sopmod), both had QD sling attachments. The SL will close on an A5 extension. The B5 sopmod will close on some B5 extensions with out the butt pad on.

I like them for different things, the SL does not have storage, B5 has very nice storage.

JohnnyRambo
05-05-16, 22:44
Magpul MOE SL is awesome. Has anti wiggle feature and is very basic.

Before that the CTR was my favorite.

BCM Gunfighter is a solid choice too. I just don't like the forced angle of the qd sling attachment.

Qwikrex
05-06-16, 10:18
I used to be partial to CTR's, but have recently been using a MOE SL. Really nice fit, and more comfortable cheek weld.

Jellybean
05-06-16, 20:06
STR.
Like an ACS, but with better sling mounting options you may actually use, instead of a small storage area you will tell yourself you'll use, but never actually will... :p
Also slightly lighter and shorter than an ACS, but with the same amazing pillow-like cheek weld. :cool:

Kenneth
05-06-16, 20:12
^^^ I run the STR as well. Traded a CTR for it and liked out on that deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Headache
05-06-16, 21:18
I like the STR, but I like the B5 enhanced SOPMOD more. To me, the B5 is more comfortable and I like the cheek weld better. But truthfully, you can't go wrong with either one.

CPM
05-07-16, 07:28
You know I've tried them all. I spent a lot of time with the STR and at the end of the day, I did not like the width or the extra weight with the compartments loaded. It made it more cumbersome for me. I went to the CTR and haven't looked back.

MistWolf
05-07-16, 09:20
What is your preferred stock under $100?

I'm looking to replace my Magpul MOE that came on my Colt LE6920 Magpul edition. I would like more of a cheek weld as well as no side to side and front to back wobble and play.

When you say you want a better cheek weld, do you want the stock to have a longer comb or a wider one? Or both?

For myself, to improve the cheek weld, I need a longer comb or half my face sits on the RE when the stock is adjusted to a length of pull that's comfortable for me. The only adjustable stock that has the cheek weld I like is the UBR, which does not meet your criteria of light, or under $100. The cheek weld I get with adjustable stocks with wider combs, such as the B5, is less comfortable because now half my face is hanging out in space and my eye doesn't line up naturally with the sights.

My solution was to use the MagPul Fixed Carbine Stock and the thick buttpad on the ARs I wanted a comfortable, lightweight and affordable stock that offers the cheek weld I'm looking for

bloodlord77
05-08-16, 23:25
I have ctr stocks on both of my rifles. Think I paid around $60 for them.

Vegas
05-09-16, 02:25
Magpul SL, VLTOR Imod or used Emod. B5 is going on my next rifle.

6920_enthusiast
05-09-16, 16:28
I 2nd the b5, I love mine.

Tzook
05-09-16, 17:03
SOPMOD, all the way.

joeyjoe
05-09-16, 23:00
B5 Bravo. Love it. Its all I own anymore.

556BlackRifle
05-10-16, 10:28
Don't know if it helps but here's a crappy pic of the B5 Enhanced and Bravo SOPMOD stocks. I like them both but IMO the cheek weld on the Enhanced a little better.