PDA

View Full Version : BCM OEM available at Brownells

titsonritz
04-12-16, 21:44
BRAVO COMPANY - AR-15 OEM RECCE MID-LENGTH LIGHTWEIGHT 16" RIFLE (http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/lower-receivers/ar-15-oem-recce-mid-length-lightweight-16-rifle-sku100019539-84913-180817.aspx?sku=100019539)

Hopefully we'll start seeing them cheaper elsewhere.

dylank0723
04-12-16, 22:10
Nice but that price is so retarded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pstk5088
04-12-16, 23:22
l saw this too, the price is pretty far out there.

JG007
04-12-16, 23:45
Shouldn't it be $800 tops, especially if the colt 6920 OEM is $725

titsonritz
04-13-16, 00:11
Shouldn't it be $800 tops, especially if the colt 6920 OEM is $725

Agreed on the high price as I mentioned, but when was the last time anyone actually saw a 6920 OEM for $725? I fear that may be a thing of the past.

dylank0723
04-13-16, 00:12
Agreed on the high price as I mentioned, but when was the last time anyone actually saw a 6920 OEM for $725? I fear that may be a thing of the past.

In stock at gandrtactical I believe

titsonritz
04-13-16, 00:26
In stock at gandrtactical I believe

I've checked quite a bit and haven't see them in stock for a while, but I did just check and it looks like the OEM1 is currently in stock. They are $740.

556BlackRifle
04-13-16, 00:27
I've seen the complete version for only a couple hundred more.

dylank0723
04-13-16, 00:27
I've checked quite a bit and haven't see them in stock for a while, but I did just check and it looks like the OEM1 is currently in stock. They are $740.

Found one https://www.gtdist.com/brands/colt/colt-ar-15-oem2-platform-carbine-low-profile-gas-block.html

JulyAZ
04-13-16, 00:59
Found one https://www.gtdist.com/brands/colt/colt-ar-15-oem2-platform-carbine-low-profile-gas-block.html

Since when do you have to be 21 to purchase a rifle?

7.62NATO
04-13-16, 07:36
Overpriced, and 50/50 chance it won't accept M3 pmags - the industry standard. Pass.

TMS951
04-13-16, 08:50
I think it is the best configuration of the "OEMS" out there (Colt, Aero, and BCM). The barrel profile and being mid gas.

The price sucks. It is interesting the BCM was once touted as being 'as good as Colt' but available and often cheaper. With Colts price drops I have a very hard time justifying BCM over Colt. Mid length is nice, but a longer gas tube and a hole drilled in a different place does not justify an Extra 250$ to me.

Also I have a few BCM charging handles and don't like them, to me the added cost it brings to this rifle is not worth it, I don't want it anyway. Same can be said for the pistol grip. Whole point of the OEM is you are probably going to change these things.

I'd pay 800$ for the same rifle with a Mil spec pistol grip and charging handle. 1000$, Ha not a CHANCE

caporider
04-13-16, 09:06
I think it is the best configuration of the "OEMS" out there (Colt, Aero, and BCM). The barrel profile and being mid gas.

The price sucks. It is interesting the BCM was once touted as being 'as good as Colt' but available and often cheaper. With Colts price drops I have a very hard time justifying BCM over Colt. Mid length is nice, but a longer gas tube and a hole drilled in a different place does not justify an Extra 250$ to me.

Also I have a few BCM charging handles and don't like them, to me the added cost it brings to this rifle is not worth it, I don't want it anyway. Same can be said for the pistol grip. Whole point of the OEM is you are probably going to change these things.

I'd pay 800$ for the same rifle with a Mil spec pistol grip and charging handle. 1000$, Ha not a CHANCE

The Colt also comes with a pinned gas block.

Ryno12
04-13-16, 10:20
The Colt also comes with a pinned gas block.

I view that as a negative.

caporider
04-13-16, 10:35
I view that as a negative.

Not me. I've had set screw gas blocks walk on me, and I am not a fan of glueing the screws in with red loctite. Plus, the Colt gas blocks are as low profile as you're going to find.

Kvjavs
04-13-16, 13:06
Price is too high but I'm happy to see more "OEM" offerings.

C4IGrant
04-13-16, 13:12
Overpriced, and 50/50 chance it won't accept M3 pmags - the industry standard. Pass.

M3 PMAG is not the industry standard (FYI). The USGI mag is.

C4

HeruMew
04-13-16, 13:34
Since when do you have to be 21 to purchase a rifle?

I am far from an expert, so take everything with a grain of salt, but due to the fact that the receiver is the registered part, the ATF was concerned with them being easily modified into a pistol?

I know I had to be 21, provide my PTC (in MN it's equivalent as your PTP, which I am sure a lot of states do), and I can't remember how he wound up transferring it. (Long rifle or Other or something unique)

But, I have heard mixed reviews and experiences. I have heard of those getting rifles from a private party sale before 21. But, to be honest, I really don't know the true legality behind it all. Only that the ATF did not want people under 21 buying AR15s.

I think it had a lot more to do with the receivers themselves vs. a full rifle; but just can't find full confirmation due to the tubes-of-the-interwebz being hard to navigate for this topic.

Edit to Add: I dunno how many other states experience this, but we are restricted from buying handgun ammo under the age of 21.

I remember that I could get around the law, just about everywhere, by carrying around an advertisment page for a Hi-Point carbine (which I did not own, I owned the JCP .40) in which I pointed out: "I am buying rifle ammo." The only place that didn't work, of those that I tried, was WallyWorld.

dylank0723
04-13-16, 16:09
Not me. I've had set screw gas blocks walk on me, and I am not a fan of glueing the screws in with red loctite. Plus, the Colt gas blocks are as low profile as you're going to find.

I agree, while I haven't heard of a BCM gas block working loose it still makes me hesitant

titsonritz
04-13-16, 16:17

C4

This is a fact.

7.62NATO
04-13-16, 16:54

C4

Fair enough. The USGI may be more popular than the M3, but the M2 is possibly more popular than the USGI mag. BCM lowers and pmags do not always get along, but they for sure run well with USGI mags.

TMS951
04-13-16, 17:49
Fair enough. The USGI may be more popular than the M3, but the M2 is possibly more popular than the USGI mag. BCM lowers and pmags do not always get along, but they for sure run well with USGI mags.

A single model magazine, from a single manufacturer, released around 2012 is more popular than the Milspec standard made by many companies and has been around since 1969? That my friend is bold statement and one you would have serious trouble backing up.

The USGI mag is the standard. The reasons why are so obvious they should not even have to be argued.

Sample of one and what not, in my 100+ AR mags I have not one Magpul M2 or M3 mag. Nothing against them, just never seen a reason to buy one. Especially when USGI mags with magpul followers are 7$.

Jpoe88
04-13-16, 22:40
Maybe I'll sell both of my clunkers in favor of buying that!

Iraqgunz
04-14-16, 01:58
What is it with people making stupid statements lately without putting any thought into it? USGI mags for example have been around for several decades. I have mags made as far back as 1999 that have been returbed and work fine.

I have at least 3 BCM carbines, 1 Colt, 3 SIONICS, and a few others. Every single one will accept USGI, Gen 2/3 PMAGs, Lancer, Surefire, etc.. with ZERO issues.

Ryno12
05-22-16, 09:17
A buddy of mine bought one of these on sale at Brownells. He brought it over yesterday & I installed a 13" KMR-A and an ACOG for him.
I thought I read somewhere that the GB set screws weren't Loctited on the BCM OEM models but his were. I was a tad surprised to see the lower marked as "Multi" instead of 5.56. It also was engraved instead of rollmarked.

C4IGrant
05-23-16, 10:11
A buddy of mine bought one of these on sale at Brownells. He brought it over yesterday & I installed a 13" KMR-A and an ACOG for him.
I thought I read somewhere that the GB set screws weren't Loctited on the BCM OEM models but his were. I was a tad surprised to see the lower marked as "Multi" instead of 5.56. It also was engraved instead of rollmarked.

Brownells asked them to loctite the screws. When we ordered ours, we asked that they NOT loctite them. That is BCM's new lower (with the flared magwell).

C4

Ryno12
05-23-16, 12:12
Brownells asked them to loctite the screws. When we ordered our, we asked they NOT loctite them. That is BCM's new lower (with the flared magwell).

C4

Good call on the Loctite. While not too difficult to remove, I could've done without the extra step.

Are all lowers coming that way now?

C4IGrant
05-23-16, 12:56
Good call on the Loctite. While not too difficult to remove, I could've done without the extra step.

Are all lowers coming that way now?

Yes on the lowers (including the blems which we have in stock).

C4

Ernst
05-23-16, 13:19
So my BCM OEM I got from Brownells last week is lock tighted?

Right?

C4IGrant
05-23-16, 13:23

Right?

Yep. Red loctite.

C4

Ernst
05-23-16, 13:24
Thanks

Ryno12
05-23-16, 13:58

Right?

As Grant said, yes, and for those people that still don't trust the Loctited set screws, I can assure you... That SOB isn't moving.

Ernst
05-23-16, 15:37
Good to know.

By the way, I got me Century rail in. It is fantastic and was a breeze to install.

ExplorinInTheWoods
05-23-16, 18:06
Does anyone know if these have the BFH cold hammer forged barrel or are they barrels? Oh and is that standard flash hider or the bcm comp?

Ernst
05-23-16, 18:14
Does anyone know if these have the BFH cold hammer forged barrel or are they barrels? Oh and is that standard flash hider or the bcm comp?

Here are the specs on what Brownells is selling:

Brownells is proud to have partnered with BCM to offer this fully assembled, near complete rifle loaded with benefits and built to the standards that are expected from Bravo Company Manufacturing products. By leaving off the buttstock and handguard you both save money and have the ability to choose the accessories you really want.

Shop mil-spec barrel nut compatible free-float handguards

Upper Receiver

Made from a 7075 T6 aluminum forging with T marks and a MIL-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2 Hardcoat Anodizd
Barrel is 16” chrome lined, lightweight profile, 1-7 twist, with mid-length gas system, Manganese Phosphate Barrel Finish, and a M4 barrel extension
The bolt assembly is machined from the correct Mil-Spec Carpenter No. 158® steel, shot peened for increased strength, includes tool steel machined extractor and ejector, BCM Extractor Spring, and is HPT (High Pressure Tested) and MPI (Magnetic Particle Inspected).
USGI Barrel Nut
Lower Profile Gas Block
A2 Flash Hider

Ryno12
05-23-16, 18:25
Yep. Red loctite.

C4

272 to be exact.

A2

The one I worked on was a tad loose, IMO. I figured they didn't give the washer a full crush in the event the end user planned on removing it. I replaced it with shims anyways.

n4p226r
05-23-16, 18:59
These just beg for a 12" centurion rail and sopmod from b5

C4IGrant
05-23-16, 19:14

No on BFH. A2

C4

Ernst
05-23-16, 19:30
These just beg for a 12" centurion rail and sopmod from b5

And that is precisely what mine has on it now!

joeyjoe
05-23-16, 19:50
So, to be clear, ALL BCM complete factory uppers and complete factory guns come with loctited low profile gas blocks. the only exception to this would be the BCM OEM models and, of those, brownells sells OEMs with loctite and G&R sells OEMs without loctite. Correct?

ExplorinInTheWoods
05-23-16, 19:55
That's a big disappointment that it doesn't have the BFH barrels. That would've been a good deal if it had the BFH barrel.

Ryno12
05-23-16, 20:04
So, to be clear, ALL BCM complete factory uppers and complete factory guns come with loctited low profile gas blocks. the only exception to this would be the BCM OEM models and, of those, brownells sells OEMs with loctite and G&R sells OEMs without loctite. Correct?

Well, the ones with pinned FSBs don't. ;)

Ernst
05-23-16, 20:05

The ones Brownells is selling are locktited.
The ones Grant are selling are not, per his request, as he said.

Ernst
05-23-16, 20:09
That's a big disappointment that it doesn't have the BFH barrels. That would've been a good deal if it had the BFH barrel.

It is a good deal without the BFH barrel.

Gewehr3
06-24-16, 13:33
What would be the best method to remove the gas block that has red loctite applied to it? Would a heat gun damage the finish? Are these OEMs a decent value at $900?

Eurodriver
06-24-16, 13:44
What would be the best method to remove the gas block that has red loctite applied to it? Would a heat gun damage the finish? Are these OEMs a decent value at $900?

Heat wont damage the barrel (assuming you arent usng a welding torch or leave it on long enough to start glowing red.) At $900 they are an amazing value.

VIP3R 237
06-24-16, 14:06

A soldering iron applied directly to the set screws works amazingly.