PDA

View Full Version : Question about running a Deltapoint 1 on a Glock

trooper84
04-14-16, 19:11
I'm looking for some advice on whether or not to run an original Deltapoint on my Glock 19. It will be my first MRDS and a buddy has a new one that he wants $200 for. I was thinking of getting a Dueck Defense mount and slapping it on my G19 to see how I like a dot on my pistol. My question is whether or not the Deltapoint is still a viable option or should I just save my money and get a RMR or Deltapoint PRO? Was kinda thinking that if I could set up the 19 cheap enough to see how I like it, I could spring for a RMR or Pro for my 17 down the road. I just don't want to throw away $$ on something that won't work great for concealed carry/ range use.

jdavis6576
04-14-16, 20:37
No personal experience but I've read the Deltapoint Pro eats batteries in as quickly as six days. That alone would turn me off from it.

GSXRSEAN
04-21-16, 10:07
No personal experience but I've read the Deltapoint Pro eats batteries in as quickly as six days. That alone would turn me off from it.

I bought one on 10/27/15 and installed on a G34. Ive put approximately 1000rds through the setup and have not changed the battery yet..

TAZ
04-21-16, 13:37
I bought one on 10/27/15 and installed on a G34. Ive put approximately 1000rds through the setup and have not changed the battery yet..

Do you carry it or does it sit in a safe/shelf the majority of time. I have heard the same thing about DP eating batteries. Kind of makes sense as the auto shut off would never shut of if the gun was being carried. Also the lack of auto adjust on the LED intensity would mean that even though it's under a covering garment the dot could be at max power based on last setting.

Not trying to knock the DP, just looking at feedback as I'm on the waiting list for a G19MOS.

GSXRSEAN
04-21-16, 15:58
^^ No I do not carry it.. I have used it in several USPSA matches though.

montrala
04-22-16, 03:39
I tried to mount 2 Deltapoint (gen 1) units using original Leupold mounting kit on G17 (for gun magazine review). When torqued to spec I could not zero them, when I tightened them down one body cracked, second got bent (when 2nd one cracked and broke in halves, I re-examined 1st one and found that is was slightly bent and developed small crack already).

If you are installing it on flat mount machined into slide (this is a case with Glock MOS series), you probably are GTG, but with original mounting kit (rear sight replacement plus polymer base) it is not good idea.

BTW I used Leupold mount to for some other sights (it basically has same distance between screws as Docter) and did not have any problem with this sights on Leupold mount.

Mrgunsngear
04-22-16, 09:37
For $200 it's not bad but, like others, I've broken Delta Points in the past in relatively non-harsh use. I do have a Pro inbound though so we'll see how that works out going forward.