PDA

View Full Version : Vendor complaints / help / warning

dangrullon87
04-15-16, 13:06
I just got scammed by a vendor which I will explain in detail but not sure if there was a sub forum for this to warn others not to go through a certain site / person. Long story short, Vendor charged me $1000 a few months ago for back ordered item. Vendor was good at returning emails and calls for weeks after, just telling me its coming its coming. I found another place that had the items in stock so I requested a refund. That's when all emails responses stopped. I then called left several voicemail's got no responses back. Now its been over a month. I wanted to warn people but don't want to give details in the wrong section. This guy robbed me.

Is there a sub-forum for this kind of feedback? So at least someone else can be spared in the future.

Hmac
04-15-16, 13:43
If they actually charged you're credit card and didn't ship, just call your credit card company and have them issue a chargeback. Assuming you used a credit card, of course.

dangrullon87
04-15-16, 17:03
Yes to a credit card but has been over 120 days so they can't do a charge back so right now im in the process of physically (mailing in) a dispute attached with all the emails and shady behavior's of this vendor. I wasn't sure if I could just outright name the website/the owner to make sure no one else gets screwed over though.

Ryno12
04-15-16, 17:20
Is the vendor in question a site sponsor here? If so, there may be a rep here that you can contact. If not, and per site rules you've contacted them without resolve, then I wouldn't see the issue with naming them.

Hmac
04-15-16, 17:26
I agree, and I admit that I'm curious.

Some good online buying tips to be gleaned from this thread. Knowing who the vendor is would be potentially useful to many. And maybe others on M4C could shed some light and help you resolve.

dangrullon87
04-15-16, 18:03
Ok story time. I don't believe they are sponsored here but in case anyone else gave them business as well.

Back when the Trijicon MRO's were coming into market about early SEP'15. I was searching for one, I posted to see if anyone had any good deals. I received a PM from the owner saying they could get me 2 for 475 each free shipping for M4/AR15.com members. So I took a look at their website and it seemed like a legit small vendor. http://www.outdoorgearandguns.com/ (Which is now gone ill explain later). I said OK, made a purchase after getting an email saying my order had been processed followed by the owner sending me an email saying "hey just be aware its a pre-order and the lead time is 6-10 weeks." so I said yea that's fine since I knew Trijicon was releasing them slowly.

Three months pass and I contact the owner (why 3 months? I'm AD and I went underway on patrol). Came home shot him an email asking for an update and he replies back saying they're coming in slow that they just got 4 in but im like #18 on the list. He said wait another few weeks. Fine. I'm patient, its the holidays got other stuff to worry about and the owner has been quick to reply and keep me updated.

Now its late February. Sent an email again. Get the same response. Still no luck. I said you know what, for saving $200 this isn't worth the hassle especially since they are in stock almost everywhere now. I said very cleanly, sorry man waited enough I want my money back ill go somewhere else. That's when all contact ceased. I shot another 2-3 emails and no response. So I said WTF, I went on the website got the companies contact info and left them a few voicemail's. A week passes no response. Now im upset, go back on the website, websites gone. Domain is gone, cache is gone. Now im fuming. So I do some quick googling for Keen Precison LLC which is what the website was licensed under. I locate another contact # for the owner. Shoot him an angry ass voicemail.

Two days later I get an email response but from the owners LLC email not the sales@outdoorgunsandgear website. He said and I qoute "Sorry man, I dropped out of the vendor game, now im only doing barrel threading, custom work and things of that nature. BUT I still have access to all the vendors and the old accounts. Please contact me via this email from now on." So I reply back asap as in within 30 seconds of receiving the email "Refund my money. I have left you various emails/VM's."

Two weeks, another 7 emails sent and no replies. Called my CC company up and they told me I can't do a charge back since it occurred over 120 days ago. So now I need to do a physical dispute with proof and mail it in for review. So I should get my money back one way or another. Then I will be buying the red dots through a reputable company like G&R Tactical or Scalarworks. Buyer beware I guess, I've purchased from smaller vendors dozens of times before and never been dicked around like this.

So fair warning stay away from Keen Precision LLC owned by a Mr.Jeremy Keen.

Ryno12
04-15-16, 18:26
Interesting... I've never heard of them though. Water over the dam but that's the very reason why I only deal with well known, reputable vendors. Even if it means paying a higher price.

I wonder if a call to his local PD would do anything. Sounds like theft to me.

dangrullon87
04-15-16, 19:19
Not sure if the PD could do anything since it was a out of state and online purchase but im pretty confident in the bank ruling in my favor especially with the chain of emails and responses I have to print out.

dangrullon87
04-29-16, 10:32
Update : USAA has returned my funds and filed a fraud claim against the vendor, if no reply in 3 business days the fee goes from $1500 to $5000. So a happy ending!

Eurodriver
06-06-16, 21:44
Good to hear about the positive outcome.

Interesting... I've never heard of them though. Water over the dam but that's the very reason why I only deal with well known, reputable vendors. Even if it means paying a higher price.

+1 Unfortunately, this is the route people should take to protect themselves.

3 AE
06-07-16, 23:26
This is one of the reasons I became a member here. You get to find out which vendors, especially the ones who advertise here, that are good to go. Rarely is there a problem that crops up with them. When it does, they that take care of it pronto. You pay more, but there's a lot less drama concerning the purchase. Peace of mind comes with the territory. Priceless!