PDA

View Full Version : Beretta gunsmith

Mak8080
04-15-16, 23:34
Anyone have any suggestions for a Beretta gunsmith?

I inherited a couple of old Beretta 948's that need some help. I think one of them has a missing ejector and need a really good once over since they've aged quite a bit over 50+years.

Anyone know a gunsmith that specializes in all things Beretta?

Gingerkid
04-16-16, 08:14
sorry, I was thinking m9 pistols. Disregard.

ColtSeavers
04-16-16, 09:23
Have you tried contacting Beretta themselves to see if they'd like to take a crack at'em?

Kain
04-16-16, 09:42
I'd give Beretta a call just to see, you never know. That said, I doubt they are going to be of help since it is an old design. I have done a little, very little, work on one. Mainly breaking it down and cleaning it up really good. They have a rather unique action and take down from what one is normally going to see. At least compared to what I have worked with before. That said, parts are pretty damn hard to come by, at least they were the other year when I was cleaning up one and trying to find extra parts to just have on hand, forget finding mags. I would say look around and see if you can find the parts and go from there, if you do find parts I would appreciate a heads up as well, would still be interested in grabbing a few extras for the one that I worked on.

Mak8080
04-16-16, 09:50
Beretta was closed by the time I got around to calling them on Friday, but they are on the list.

Like you mentioned, I am afraid they won't be able to do anything since it's old. A quick Google search proved that parts are pretty non-existent. No mags whatsoever. I'm glad I at least have one.

It's a cool little pistol. Since it was a family members, I'd like to do them justice and bring it back to life.

KTR03
04-16-16, 13:06
Over on the beretta forum there are two well thought of smiths: allegheny gun works and a guy whose user name is WAL. Take a look over there.

GulfCoast
04-18-16, 10:32
Anyone have any suggestions for a Beretta gunsmith?

I inherited a couple of old Beretta 948's that need some help. I think one of them has a missing ejector and need a really good once over since they've aged quite a bit over 50+years.

Anyone know a gunsmith that specializes in all things Beretta?

Rich Cole apprenticed as a gunsmith at Beretta in Italy. He is very well known as "the" Beretta shotgun guy. I don't know if he works on the pistols, but he will know who does. www.colegun.com

HeruMew
04-18-16, 12:16
Don't know any reputable pistol smiths for that, however, I wanted to ask a question:

Is your 948 the long barreled, or multi-barrel model, that came with a long and short barrel? Or is yours the model where the front sight post is fixed onto the front solid piece of the slide?

Very interesting topic, would love to see pictures of the before, and after, when you do get it serviced.

JRead100
04-18-16, 14:42
http://alleghenygunworks.com/