PDA

View Full Version : Suppressor for 16.5 remington 700 urban sniper rifle

danieljmaunder
04-17-16, 12:30
Hey guys,

Its time for me to get into the suppressor market and need some help. I have a 16.5 kreiger barreled remington 700. this rifle was built as an urban sniper rifle mainly for use out to 300 yards. so im looking at either a direct thread or a quick attach. if I go direct thread it will most likely be a thunderbeast, if its QD then a surefire socom. my question is for a precision rifle which is better. direct thread or QD.

SC-Texas
04-17-16, 12:39
Crux archangel or ark 30
TBAC ultra 9 or 7

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SC-Texas
04-17-16, 12:41
The people who make precision rifle suppressors have moved away from direct thread to the break attach system

That said, some of the Quick attach systems such as the dead air and the rugged surge along with the surefire Mount systems are very reliable

danieljmaunder
04-17-16, 12:58
The people who make precision rifle suppressors have moved away from direct thread to the break attach system

That said, some of the Quick attach systems such as the dead air and the rugged surge along with the surefire Mount systems are very reliable

are the crux qd or direct thread

SC-Texas
04-17-16, 13:03
Crux are either direct or brake attach which is a glorified direct thread system that threads onto a muzzle brake mount.

danieljmaunder
04-17-16, 13:04
great. This seems to be what i'm looking for.

SC-Texas
04-17-16, 13:09
This video shows the Templar tactical/Crux brake attach system
https://youtu.be/lwdfuhHofYo

TheChunkNorris
04-17-16, 13:23
FYI be sure to ONLY use their muzzle brake attachment on the Crux... you'll destroy the can in the form of the all the baffles coming out the front which is unsatisfactory in my opinion.

nml
04-17-16, 20:45
Will it be used on any other guns?

SC-Texas
04-17-16, 21:16
FYI be sure to ONLY use their muzzle brake attachment on the Crux... you'll destroy the can in the form of the all the baffles coming out the front which is unsatisfactory in my opinion.
Have you seen anyone trying to use a Crux Suppressor on a tbac or another brake attach mount?

TheChunkNorris
04-17-16, 22:50
Have you seen anyone trying to use a Crux Suppressor on a tbac or another brake attach mount?

It was a Nemesis 30 but not sure which flash hider the individual was using. They claimed it had something to do with how the flash hider introduces gas into the baffles causing it to fail.

bgdv1
04-21-16, 18:23
SilencerCo. Omega with ASR QD flash hider.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Pappabear
04-21-16, 22:10
You can go direct or QD. It doesn't really matter. Get the can you want. There are a lot of great cans. The old cans work fine. I have AAC SDN6 with a wobble in the mount that shoot .5 inch groups. I have a TBAC ON MY WIN MAG I really like. Honestly, you TBAC or Surefire approach is golden.