PDA

View Full Version : Tropic Thunder

ToddG
08-23-08, 21:08
:D:D:D:D:D

Possibly the funniest movie I've ever seen.

FX guy: "Hey, what model gun is that?"
Nolte: "I don't know what it's called. I only know the sound it makes when it kills a man."

The opening battle scene alone is worth the price of admission.

twodollarbill
08-23-08, 21:20
A+ Gut Splitting Hilarious
If they ever get together again....they won't be able to top it

Slavex
08-24-08, 04:11
just went and saw this movie tonight. My gut and lungs hurt from laughing so hard. The trailers at the start are freakin hilarious, the opening battle scene was even more so, the rest of the movie even more. The panda, the kid, it was all hilarious. Tom Cruise should be nominated just for the end, if not for the rest of the movie. Funnier than Something About Mary. Ben Stiller has redeemed himself tremendously with this movie, and Robert Downey Jr. also deserves an Oscar for his work. Going to go see it again later this week.

thopkins22
08-24-08, 11:50
I wasn't expecting too much...but it was great. I loath Tom Cruise...yet his character was awesome.

"I killed a panda."

Gutshot John
08-24-08, 12:35
I haven't been to a movie in months, and I rarely go, but I'm also a sucker for un-PC humor.

thopkins22
08-24-08, 12:38
... but I'm also a sucker for un-PC humor.

You'll love this one then.

Byte
08-24-08, 16:12
Very funny movie! I also despise Tom Cruise as a person but he can act. Les Grossman will go down as one of his best characters! Right up there with Mackey in Magnolia IMHO.

I can't wait to see 'An American Carol' also. Un-PC humor is always funny. :p

exitinyourhead
08-24-08, 21:32
yeah not a tom cruise fan myself but he was really really good in this.

Joe_Friday
08-25-08, 10:14
"I'm a lead farmer, Mother F@%$#@ !!!"

I'm not a big Downey or Cruise fan but this movie was hilarious!!!

RallySoob
08-25-08, 10:43
Downey Jr was too f'n funny.... It was a lil gorey for the girl but very good!

JPolito830
08-25-08, 13:01
I havent heard any reviews from actual people and not just critics. I will have to check it out, since you people seem to have the same sense of humor as I do haha

white spaniard
08-27-08, 14:40
My wife even liked it I had to endure Mamma mia with her, the only part she didn’t care for is the “swallowing the gravy” part other than that we both liked the movie.

5POINT56
08-27-08, 15:27
I need no further convincing...I have to see this one.

How was Jack Black by the way?

DarrinD
08-27-08, 17:17
:D

"Don't go full retard, man"

Joe_Friday
08-27-08, 18:33
"It's O.K. to go half retard but you never go full retard."

Oh 5POINT56, Jack Black did not have as big of a role as I thought he would have, or either he was just overshadowed by the others. He does play a heroin addict pretty well though :eek:

nickdrak
08-27-08, 20:30
R.D. Jr. is unbelievable! Thank God he didnt OD and kill himself too early. This was definately one of the funniest movies I have ever seen.

MerQ
08-28-08, 03:46
R.D. Jr. is unbelievable! Thank God he didnt OD and kill himself too early. This was definately one of the funniest movies I have ever seen.

I agree and he was great in Iron Man too.

twodollarbill
08-28-08, 11:19
You guys did notice that they did a cut away
and Jack Black was no longer tied to that tree.
I'm still laughing