PDA

View Full Version : My 1st Gen 4 G19

SeaSoldier
04-17-16, 18:02
I have been shooting 9MM Glock's for the last 20 years. I finally got my 1st Gen 4, a G19. I cant for the life of me remove the trigger pin. I was able to remove the thinner top pin but the lower fatter trigger pin will not budge. I had it out once to install a Vicker's slide release and it was a bitch to remove. I wiggled the factory slide release around while applying pressure to the pin and it finally came free. However no luck removing it again. Is there a secret or something new that is keeping the pin locked it? I'm at my wits end. Any help will be appreciated.

J_C_S
04-17-16, 18:20
I have been shooting 9MM Glock's for the last 20 years. I finally got my 1st Gen 4, a G19. I cant for the life of me remove the trigger pin. I was able to remove the thinner top pin but the lower fatter trigger pin will not budge. I had it out once to install a Vicker's slide release and it was a bitch to remove. I wiggled the factory slide release around while applying pressure to the pin and it finally came free. However no luck removing it again. Is there a secret or something new that is keeping the pin locked it? I'm at my wits end. Any help will be appreciated.

You just have to wiggle the slide lock lever around in every which way until it comes out. You don't need a lot of pressure on the pin but sometimes they can be a pain.

DirectTo
04-17-16, 18:21
Press it lightly the opposite way to get pressure off of it (once you get it jammed in there it gets enough tension to not want to move at all), then just work it with the Glock tool or a punch from both sides while wiggling the slide release and trigger. It's a three handed job sometimes.

Whatever you do, it shouldn't take more than moderate pressure to remove it (and certainly no hammer).

I alternate sides with the tool while wiggling the slide release and typically have it out in a few seconds, even on new guns.

Fluffy Bunny
04-17-16, 20:48
The first time I got the fat pin out it was fairly stiff, but every time since then has been stress-free. Using a roll of tape as a "workbench" is ideal for this sort of thing.