PDA

View Full Version : Colt roll-mark

southern213424
04-17-16, 20:28
Hey guys,
I just wanted some opinions on whether this was normal for a Colt roll-mark or not. It's not a big issue at all and obviously I know it doesn't effect the function of the weapon at all, I was just curious... If you look closely at the pictures I attached you can see it looks like under the "colt defense" stamp that there was something slightly sanded off and then the lower was re-stamped and refinished. You can see that the texture is slightly different and where the lower receiver meets the upper receiver it is a hair lower than all off the other areas. I've never seen anything like it on any other lowers, I thought maybe Colt might have outsourced the lower and lightly sanded the previous roll mark and then re-stamped and re-finished it? I have no idea so I wanted to see what you guys thought. Never received a response from Colt. Thanks in advance.

Wiggity
04-17-16, 20:42
Interesting. I just took a look at mine and it doesn't look like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillBond
04-17-16, 20:42
Every once in a while Colt will put out a gun that has a really ugly finish.
Yours is not the worse I have seen but it would bug me.
Years ago I had a preban Colt that was very purple and had really deep pits ...

Brahmzy
04-17-16, 21:18
Every once in a while?? LOL!

user
04-17-16, 23:50
I'd say shoot the crap outta it and soon the scars will cover that mark up...

lysander
04-18-16, 06:56
Hey guys,
I just wanted some opinions on whether this was normal for a Colt roll-mark or not. It's not a big issue at all and obviously I know it doesn't effect the function of the weapon at all, I was just curious... If you look closely at the pictures I attached you can see it looks like under the "colt defense" stamp that there was something slightly sanded off and then the lower was re-stamped and refinished. You can see that the texture is slightly different and where the lower receiver meets the upper receiver it is a hair lower than all off the other areas. I've never seen anything like it on any other lowers, I thought maybe Colt might have outsourced the lower and lightly sanded the previous roll mark and then re-stamped and re-finished it? I have no idea so I wanted to see what you guys thought. Never received a response from Colt. Thanks in advance.
Looks like someone cleaned off some damage that was on the raw forging with a belt sander.

GH41
04-18-16, 14:58
Typical Colt quality control.

southern213424
04-18-16, 19:08
I really appreciate the input fellas. I know it's not a big deal, I just wanted to see what you guys thought. Regardless, I think I'm going to stick to Daniel Defense and/or BCM in the future, because when I buy a brand new rifle I'd like it to not look like a belt sander got a hold of it and I've waited 2 weeks for an e-mail back regarding the issue. Thanks again guys, I'm glad to be a a part of the forums.

Firefly
04-18-16, 19:34
It looks like one of those smartphone things that take you to a website or something. New one on me.

Otherwise it looks like a normal rifle. If ever you dislike your rifles finish there is always Krylon

JohnnyRambo
05-05-16, 22:36
That is a QR code

Kinda cool I think.

Brahmzy
05-05-16, 22:38
That is a QR code

Kinda cool I think.

We know that's a QR Code. Read the thread.

user
05-05-16, 23:27
We know that's a QR Code. Read the thread.

Actualy, its not.

Its a IUID "item unique identification" code for inventory control.

Qwikrex
05-06-16, 10:14
Colt's finish isn't anything to write home about, but as long as it goes bang, that's all that really matters.

NongShim
05-06-16, 19:56
That is a QR code

Kinda cool I think.

Yes, this! That's a digital code.