PDA

View Full Version : Please help. Losing sleep over possible ar15 charging handle problem

NM.SF
04-17-16, 22:42
I have a new Daniel Defense m4a1 its only been taken to the range once and fired 200 rounds no problems. Then all of a sudden while dry practicing things like clearing malfunctions I started noticing the side of the charging handle getting more and more silver with each pull.

I tried another charging handle w the same thing and I stripped the weapon and cleaned and really lubed it which didn't help.

I have not fired the weapon much but will admit the charging handle has been pulled ALOT because I practice clearing malfunctions and reloads daily for a few hours at home using snap caps. So please can you guys tell me is this normal or should I worry??

Righter13
04-17-16, 22:57
I have a new Daniel Defense m4a1 its only been taken to the range once and fired 200 rounds no problems. Then all of a sudden while dry practicing things like clearing malfunctions I started noticing the side of the charging handle getting more and more silver with each pull.

I tried another charging handle w the same thing and I stripped the weapon and cleaned and really lubed it which didn't help.

I have not fired the weapon much but will admit the charging handle has been pulled ALOT because I practice clearing malfunctions and reloads daily for a few hours at home using snap caps. So please can you guys tell me is this normal or should I worry??

I wouldn't much worry about it. My guess is that you're pulling the handle slightly to one side more so than the other and it's rubbing again the receiver.

Brahmzy
04-17-16, 23:24
Pretty common.
Never happens on my MEGA/BCM GF combos, but it's happened on other guns. Inside cut on the upper rec's CF channel has a sharp edge.

user
04-17-16, 23:48
Common. Go shoot that baby and forgettaboutit

Apec
04-18-16, 00:18
Wear on moving parts that have contact with another surface is normal. Some CH's may have weaker anodizing that wears faster, but as long as it functions, you're fine.

AKDoug
04-18-16, 00:22
Absolutely not an issue.

titsonritz
04-18-16, 01:12
That's what happens to guns when you use them, they build character.

Iraqgunz
04-18-16, 01:19
Completely normal.