PDA

View Full Version : Jacket and Gun - Hide That Smokewagon

DragonDoc
04-18-16, 07:34
Many of us no longer have the luxury of wearing tactical clothes on a daily basis. Some of us are in the suit and tie crowd or in the suit jacket crowd. This can present a problem when selecting suits and jackets. What is your solution?

http://atailoredsuit.com/conceal-carry-tips.html

There are many challenges a man faces when carrying a concealed firearm while wearing a suit, sport jacket, or blazer.

We’ll discuss how to overcome them by having a suit made or adjusted to ensure your weapon is truly hidden.

If you’ve decided to wear a concealed firearm with a suit, always employ the services of a competent tailor who is familiar with the requirements of concealed carry.

Whether he makes a suit for you or adjusts your existing sport jacket, the right experience and expertise makes all the difference.

Here are 10 tricks we employ to ensure a proper conceal carry:

26 Inf
04-18-16, 09:27
Pretty good article, thanks!

Dienekes
04-18-16, 09:36
Ah--but then there are those of us who no longer have to wear ties and such. As a baby investigator I did; but after tearing up a couple of suits, I started "dressing down". What with one thing and another a field jacket became the norm.

I do keep a suit at the ready for funerals and such, including my own, though. The proprieties must be observed.

nova3930
04-18-16, 09:57
The only place I wear a suit or sport coat is to church on Sunday. To me that's the absolute easiest way to conceal. I can do OWB at about the 4 with a suit jacket/sport coat of appropriate length with no problem. IWB is even easier than that.

Averageman
04-18-16, 11:30
It's not often that a shoulder holster works, but it seems to have a niche in issues like this.

SteyrAUG
04-18-16, 16:34
The only place I wear a suit or sport coat is to church on Sunday. To me that's the absolute easiest way to conceal. I can do OWB at about the 4 with a suit jacket/sport coat of appropriate length with no problem. IWB is even easier than that.

+1

Try and conceal in South Florida in August wearing shorts and a polo.

JoshNC
04-18-16, 16:56
+1

I carried a glock 26 in Galco IWB holster, appendix position when I lived in South FL. Worked for every type of dress....board shorts and t-shirt, polo shirt and shorts or slacks, tucked in Oxford and slacks.

SteyrAUG
04-18-16, 17:49
I carried a glock 26 in Galco IWB holster, appendix position when I lived in South FL. Worked for every type of dress....board shorts and t-shirt, polo shirt and shorts or slacks, tucked in Oxford and slacks.

I just can't do IWB hosters. You either sweat all over the holster or you sweat all over the gun. Also appendix carry freaks me out just a little bit.

HardToHandle
04-18-16, 20:03
Many of us no longer have the luxury of wearing tactical clothes on a daily basis. Some of us are in the suit and tie crowd or in the suit jacket crowd. This can present a problem when selecting suits and jackets. What is your solution?
http://atailoredsuit.com/conceal-carry-tips.html

I had a bespoke suit made just for my habit of AIWB. I did not utilize all of the recommendations in the link but did add weighted pockets and went with more pattern on the outside. The sartorial young man today has a very bright patterned sheer lining, such as pink paisley. My suit has a boring blue lining to avoid drawing attention and a subtle windowpane blue exterior pattern. I also have left the side pockets sewn shut, noticed that has helped conceal in past jackets.

A bespoke suit is a luxury item, but my opinion is that is how a distinguished guy carries themselves whilst armed.

I would love to get feedback on carrying in a tuxedo. I wear a tux one three or four times a year. Only good solution for me has been back pocket carry. And for the record, I only wear the traditional cummerbund, no vests.

SteyrAUG
04-18-16, 20:33
I had a bespoke suit made just for my habit of AIWB. I did not utilize all of the recommendations in the link but did add weighted pockets and went with more pattern on the outside. The sartorial young man today has a very bright patterned sheer lining, such as pink paisley. My suit has a boring blue lining to avoid drawing attention and a subtle windowpane blue exterior pattern. I also have left the side pockets sewn shut, noticed that has helped conceal in past jackets.

A bespoke suit is a luxury item, but my opinion is that is how a distinguished guy carries themselves whilst armed.

I would love to get feedback on carrying in a tuxedo. I wear a tux one three or four times a year. Only good solution for me has been back pocket carry. And for the record, I only wear the traditional cummerbund, no vests.

https://bamfstyle.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/2013-04-01-07-02-27-pm-holster.jpg

nova3930
04-19-16, 08:53
+1

Yah, summer carry here in AL ain't much better. I resort to back pocket carry of a Bodyguard 380 more times than I'd like when the weather gets hot.